Ranger groups / population after event

Started 11 May 2021
by sleeve
in RvR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA
Tue 11 May 2021 4:09 PM by Kwall0311
Its because their approach to deal with the "archer population" wasnt tested. But they were very close to getting it right.

There are 2 potential ways the archer population reduction can go, the first one we'll try is a general damage reduction. If that does not have the desired effect these changes will be partially reverted and another round of changes aimed solely at archery assist will be tried

So a blanket nerf really only hit the archers who play solo. Where as the stealth/assist groups were basically unaffected. If they would have gone with option two, it wouldnt be as much of a problem.

Based on his statement, they must be at the 'Desired effect" somehow.....
Tue 11 May 2021 5:07 PM by Tommylad
Well Phoenix is to Archers as the Sheriff of Nottingham is to Robin Hood.
Tue 11 May 2021 5:34 PM by Gohanz
That doesn't even make sence..... pheonix is the enemy of archers? The archers are robbing pheonix? Actually that one sounds right.....
Tue 11 May 2021 6:23 PM by Irkeno
Archers and specifically archer groups on this server are purely a griefplay style group for predominantly low skill players. As can be seen by the amount archers tend to /emote after they add a fight. It’s griefing plain and simple. Just don’t let it get to you and just hope they get bored.

General fix... Nerfing arrow dmg to near useless in groups/when assisting would have a positive effect on 8man,zerg,small and solo action.
Wed 12 May 2021 10:50 AM by Ceen
This event just generates more and more stealther groups.
Stealthers should be prohibited to enter event the zone and this should have been done from the start.
Now it's almost too late, everyone and his mother already has a 5l5 archer by now.
Wed 12 May 2021 2:20 PM by DJ2000
Irkeno wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 6:23 PM
Archers and specifically archer groups on this server are purely a griefplay style group for predominantly low skill players. As can be seen by the amount archers tend to /emote after they add a fight. It’s griefing plain and simple. Just don’t let it get to you and just hope they get bored.

General fix... Nerfing arrow dmg to near useless in groups/when assisting would have a positive effect on 8man,zerg,small and solo action.

What if 2 non-grouped, non-assisting Archers shoot the same target?
Wed 12 May 2021 5:09 PM by Magesty
Archer classes suck. They are basically designed to leech/grief. The majority of players that play them are not good enough to kite or assist properly.

Who cares if they group up? They certainly can't solo very well.

Is it really that much worse than when PUGs filled with trash RR7+ players roam in areas where they know they will likely only find solos/small mans? The end result is the same, you can't go back there until they are cleaned out.

The only meaningful solution is a rework of their kits.
Wed 12 May 2021 5:59 PM by Babajaga
Magesty wrote:
Wed 12 May 2021 5:09 PM
Archer classes suck.

Wanna see how a ranger can humiliate your reaver ?
Wed 12 May 2021 6:24 PM by Noashakra
Archer classes suck. They are basically designed to leech/grief. The majority of players that play them are not good enough to kite or assist properly.

You can't kite on phoenix because of endo pots + SL pots.
Thu 13 May 2021 3:39 AM by Furrow
Playing myself a ranger, I agree that there is too many of them currently ( yesterday for 23 rangers connected, 11 hunters and 5 scouts) with a majority of them camping in Emain near DC guard with usually 50bow/48pf spec, not necessary grouped but adding any fights. Going on mid it is actually much better and few hunters playing like that. Alb is another story, there is no scouts but musicians...

Why more Ranger than Scout or Hunter currently?
Hib having all the RK could be one reason, but ranger is overall more fun to play than scout and can deal higher bow damage compare to scouts/hunters thanks to PF/bow speed.

I think first a nerf should be applied solely on ranger, such as bow speed/range nerf.
In a second step, to give a bit more survivability to all archers could make them try to take the boat solo a bit more, some people proposed evade 4 or PD in another thread.
Allowing solo ranger to take the boat more often would benefit also other class. Overall, a solo ranger is less a threat than a solo NS and can provide nice and interesting fights.
Thu 13 May 2021 3:37 PM by stewbeedoo
This is an interesting problem. You can't really nerf a class just because a lot of people are currently playing it. This hurts the minority of solo rangers.

I would prefer an approach where if multiple rangers hit the same target the damage is decreased on all attacks after the first one. As I recall Live had something like this where you could not land multiple crit shots - only the first one would count.

Let's focus on change ideas that address the core issue - ranger groups.
Thu 13 May 2021 3:57 PM by Astaa
I would gladly reclass my celt ranger to a celt NS

I play solo in the zerg on my ranger and its become a bit of a waste of time. Which I guess is the overall intent of archer nerfs, fewer archers but it's still disappointing.

I still think there are ways around it with creative thinking rather than heavy handed nerfing, give heavy tanks some sort of aoe guard from arrows ability, for example. Would have zero effect on 8v8...it could in fact help with archer adds on clean fights...and give heavy tanks, the least played classes more to do. Added to which it would make archers have to select their targets, not just assist on whoever and would also encourage group cooperation.
Thu 13 May 2021 6:30 PM by Tyrlaan
Not a huge fan of nerfs to bow damage or PF itself. Bow damage is okay for the solo or duo archer and PF still is the defining line of Rangers.

Since the latest reduction of bow damage (or rather, reversal of some of the extra damage they get for high bow, talking about the -9% on Rangers and -4.5% on Scouts here), Rangers pretty much have to spec high PF in order to not be outdamaged by other archers (with pots or real buffs). You have to spec a line to get something others get without, to offset an inherent penalty. That just feels wrong.

It´s the assist archery that´s broken. Instant kills from a range that can´t be retaliated against and from stealth to clear being a target for casters and catapults.
Thu 13 May 2021 6:49 PM by Kwall0311
Tyrlaan wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:30 PM
It´s the assist archery that´s broken. Instant kills from a range that can´t be retaliated against and from stealth to clear being a target for casters and catapults.

They seem to be happy with the current state of that. Theres literally people who quit playing because of it. Its not fun to fight against, and its very hard to counter when they are in a defensive position, especially, given the population too. Kinda sad.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 6:21 PM by Pasa
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:49 PM
Tyrlaan wrote:

They seem to be happy with the current state of that. Theres literally people who quit playing because of it. Its not fun to fight against, and its very hard to counter when they are in a defensive position, especially, given the population too. Kinda sad.

i agree its not easy against us...you need to use brain to counter PR.
and yeah its possible to beat us in a defesive position
Tue 8 Jun 2021 8:26 PM by inoeth
Pasa wrote:
Tue 8 Jun 2021 6:21 PM
Kwall0311 wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:49 PM
Tyrlaan wrote:

i agree its not easy against us...you need to use brain to counter PR.
and yeah its possible to beat us in a defesive position

its very easy to beat you guys occasionally when you are only 1-2, blasting all your tools and still lose ;D
always gives me a good laugh, i mean i totally understand why you have to grp up lol
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics