New returning player need realm advice

Started 5 May 2021
by Tenbergia
in RvR
Hello!

I haven't played Daoc in 10+ years. I heard about the pvp event starting up soon and figured now is a great time to start playing again! However I could use some advice on what realm to play. I played Mordred so I never had to pick. I was leaning towards alb or mid. I'm interested in running 8mans as well as small mans/solo. I was hoping someone might be able to provide insight on which realm might be more welcoming or easier to find groups in. Thanks!!
Wed 5 May 2021 5:18 AM by hemlockrogue
Currently, Hibernian seem to be dominating in RvR numbers and relics, so if you want to join the strongest realm that might be the place. If your decision is more based on ease of templating then Albion is your best bet because they run more PVE content, and this is a massive help to returning players. Midguard is pretty balanced in terms of realm strength overall.

As for ease of finding groups that is less realm dependent than class and spec dependent. If you roll a support class which is in demand you’re going to get invited into more groups.

My suggestion would be use the event to level a toon in each realm, and then afterwards decide which one you like playing most because which realm you prefer is often dependent on which class you like playing the most.
Wed 5 May 2021 5:29 AM by gotwqqd
hemlockrogue wrote:
Wed 5 May 2021 5:18 AM
Currently, Hibernian seem to be dominating in RvR numbers and relics, so if you want to join the strongest realm that might be the place. If your decision is more based on ease of templating then Albion is your best bet because they run more PVE content, and this is a massive help to returning players. Midguard is pretty balanced in terms of realm strength overall.

As for ease of finding groups that is less realm dependent than class and spec dependent. If you roll a support class which is in demand you’re going to get invited into more groups.

My suggestion would be use the event to level a toon in each realm, and then afterwards decide which one you like playing most because which realm you prefer is often dependent on which class you like playing the most.
If you edge toward casters hib will allow minimum feathers for an all caster setup. No need for separate robes for each class.
Wed 5 May 2021 6:26 AM by evert
If you want to solo and group on the same char your choices are basically minstrel and skald. Minstrel being better since you don’t need to respec RAs between group/solo. You can also solo on almost any melee and some casters, but you have to be realistic about the play style which can be really frustrating.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics