Best Visible Playing Field Duo

Started 1 May 2021
by dearen75
in RvR
As title says, what's the best visible duo you can enjoy playing during the incoming XP/PVP Event?
Sat 1 May 2021 9:02 AM by Centenario
Best includes bard
Then I suggest something to leech more than handle a full group ^^
I’d suggest something that can remove mezz from the bard and dps from range:
I’d suggest Spiritmaster

So bard + spiritmaster sounds nice to me!
Sat 1 May 2021 9:03 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Bard + Any high utility DPS (Ment would be my preference, though Runemaster is also an excellent choice).
Sat 1 May 2021 9:48 AM by Arkeon
Bard + Menta, nothing to say ... just on another level
Sat 1 May 2021 11:02 AM by Babajaga
definitly minst + reaver.
Sat 1 May 2021 11:54 AM by keen
bard + 4 friends. just fill up to 5. get 2nd demezzer and spec buffs rest dps and you will reach 5l5 in no time. no need to strugle as a duo in the event.
Sat 1 May 2021 5:09 PM by Magesty
If you are playing purely duo Id suggest Skald/AoE DoT class. Your goal will be to tag as many people and do as much damage as possible until you die. Then wait until you’re sure everyone you’ve tagged has been killed or is clear of fighting before releasing. This can be a surprisingly long time. CC really isn’t a concern, and any suggestions of single target classes are an obvious mistake.

If you’re planning to fill up the group go with bard/aoe class or bard/dps&utility caster. I’d lean more towards the aoe dot/dps caster as your other three random group mates have a non-zero chance to be about as useful as corpses, and you’ll still have plenty of fights where it devolves into a tag fest.
Sun 2 May 2021 1:38 AM by gotwqqd
As you seem to be playing with a friend .... do you want the duo to be in same realm for post event play?
Sun 2 May 2021 2:53 AM by Babajaga
Magesty wrote:
Sat 1 May 2021 5:09 PM
If you are playing purely duo Id suggest Skald/AoE DoT class. Your goal will be to tag as many people and do as much damage as possible until you die. Then wait until you’re sure everyone you’ve tagged has been killed or is clear of fighting before releasing. This can be a surprisingly long time. CC really isn’t a concern, and any suggestions of single target classes are an obvious mistake.

If you’re planning to fill up the group go with bard/aoe class or bard/dps&utility caster. I’d lean more towards the aoe dot/dps caster as your other three random group mates have a non-zero chance to be about as useful as corpses, and you’ll still have plenty of fights where it devolves into a tag fest.

Pointless and lack of dmg. Any good player will counter skald/shaman duo. Skald's dmg are weak, and same as shaman ones but in a long duration way. This is one of the worst duo.
Any good melee peeler will oultplay the sham pbaoe disease.
It could work only against bad opponents.
However you present this like its a pvp event lol, the leech fact with that comp isnt even viable in keep take, how do you even manage to tag bunch of ppl before dieing and that they get healed? Cmon ..

I guess this post is about a friendly communication duo, theres no way to leech but having some challenge right?
If not just roll 2 scouts or 2 rangers and tag thousand ppl..
Sun 2 May 2021 5:09 AM by Magesty
Babajaga wrote:
Sun 2 May 2021 2:53 AM
Pointless and lack of dmg. Any good player will counter skald/shaman duo. Skald's dmg are weak, and same as shaman ones but in a long duration way. This is one of the worst duo.
Any good melee peeler will oultplay the sham pbaoe disease.

I don't know what you think goes on in the event, but in my experience it is near constant fighting. This means your goal as a visible duo should be to leverage skald speed to stay away from other groups until you find some fighting. Once you do your goal changes to adding and getting as much damage out as possible, in this case using AoE DoTs, and then either fuck off to the next fight you can add on or commit and do your best to maximize participation-- focus on the back line of the winning group once everyone has been DoTed. This is one of the best ways to get RPs and XP in the event if you want to play a visible duo.

I say Skald over Bard because with the goal with this strategy is to have AoE DoTs on every possible target, and situations where you are having to peel for the DoTer are generally going to be fights you are already losing as you have two people and everyone else has five. The control ability of the bard has little value, as your DoT character should be casting as soon you close in on a fight. The Skald is far better at providing damage throughout the course of a fight to acquire higher RP return per kill. Skalds are also one of your best options for dealing with hundreds of archers and the occasional assassin adds as you make an enticing target while adding from the outskirts of fights.

I never said shaman, and I would actually lean towards Cabalist being the best option.

Babajaga wrote:
Sun 2 May 2021 2:53 AM
It could work only against bad opponents.
However you present this like its a pvp event lol, the leech fact with that comp isnt even viable in keep take, how do you even manage to tag bunch of ppl before dieing and that they get healed? Cmon ..

You're losing me here. Isn't this thread about the Playing Field PvP event? You kill people in a duo by adding on fights that are already happening. It's absolute chaos out there, and instead of worrying about clean kills, it is much more productive to focus on spreading as much dps as possible for as long as possible before dying and doing it again. Other players will take care of the rest.
Sun 2 May 2021 2:47 PM by Babajaga
i was drunk when tiping this and totally misunderstood the post lol

didnt even realize it was about the lvl 1-50 event ahaha

Apologizes
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics