Desease

Started 26 Apr 2021
by Lefreak
in RvR
Can you reduce the timer of desease plz ?

Thx !

Tytyty
Mon 26 Apr 2021 1:55 PM by Astaa
Sins, yes, Other, no.
Mon 26 Apr 2021 11:51 PM by protege
Astaa wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 1:55 PM
Sins, yes, Other, no.

+1
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:48 AM by Hattrick
Astaa wrote:
Sins, yes, Other, no.

Care to elaborate on why you think that way?

I don't even have an assassin, but I do play a shaman in rvr occasionally and I think the 3 minute duration is way too long. It's one of the most powerful debuffs in the game, if not the most powerful and if you don't happen to be grouped with a healing class, you can't get rid of it short of using purge. On this server, it doesn't just halve healing, it prevents healing regeneration, even when sitting. There's just no reason for it to last 3 minutes. The next longest duration debuff, Nearsight, only has a 2 minute duration and I think 2 minutes is too long for that as well. I don't think any debuffs should last longer than 1 minute tops.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 1:58 PM by Lefreak
Hattrick wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:48 AM
Astaa wrote:
Sins, yes, Other, no.

I don't even have an assassin, but I do play a shaman in rvr occasionally and I think the 3 minute duration is way too long. It's one of the most powerful debuffs in the game, if not the most powerful and if you don't happen to be grouped with a healing class, you can't get rid of it short of using purge. On this server, it doesn't just halve healing, it prevents healing regeneration, even when sitting. There's just no reason for it to last 3 minutes. The next longest duration debuff, Nearsight, only has a 2 minute duration and I think 2 minutes is too long for that as well. I don't think any debuffs should last longer than 1 minute tops.

Was thinking of 30 sec.... but i can live whit 1 min. Takes forever to gain healing and you weak for a rapid next fight. What is the logic in that?
Tue 27 Apr 2021 2:25 PM by Magesty
My experience with disease this past weekend:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/community/videos/29291-diseased
Tue 27 Apr 2021 2:50 PM by soremir
Cure disease pots usable out of combat, or as another post suggested, put it in as part of first aid.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 6:22 PM by phelger
30 seconds is more than enough, you're dead or already won by then. 3 minutes is way too long, it's long enough to be killed, release, rebuff, port back and run out to kill the person that killed you.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 6:32 PM by evert
I wouldn’t even mind the current disease length if it was on a special ability that you had to invest in heavily for, like an RA or something, to be used situationally. But the standard envenom one really needs to be 45-60s.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:16 PM by Astaa
Hattrick wrote:
Astaa wrote:
Sins, yes, Other, no.

Simply because after every fight vs a sin you are stood there like a dickehead with no way of gaining HP, despite the fact the other guy has already released and rebuffed and got on with his life.

I'm pretty sure most sins feel the same.

It has absolutely no benefit to the game, for anyone.

Group/zerg stuff then disease is a pretty decent tactic. 1v1 it's just shit, as in, fine for the fight, utterly pointless afterwards.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:21 PM by ExcretusMaximus
When they talked about adding a way to get rid of disease for solo players, the assassin circle jerk rioted and shut it down in two days flat. Their primary reasoning? Disease allows them to kite away against tanks and come back at an advantage, so removing it would dumb down the game and remove a "vital strategy" (which I have never seen used) for facing beefier targets.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:34 PM by Astaa
They don't do that, they vanish and never return, regardless of disease.

Sin disease is basically just trolling.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 10:22 PM by DJ2000
They don't do it, because they don't need it.

If they would actually need to play like this against a handful of targets, this would be another story.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 2:00 AM by Hattrick
Astaa wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:16 PM
Hattrick wrote:
Astaa wrote:
Sins, yes, Other, no.

Simply because after every fight vs a sin you are stood there like a dickehead with no way of gaining HP, despite the fact the other guy has already released and rebuffed and got on with his life.

I'm pretty sure most sins feel the same.

It has absolutely no benefit to the game, for anyone.

Group/zerg stuff then disease is a pretty decent tactic. 1v1 it's just shit, as in, fine for the fight, utterly pointless afterwards.

Well with group/zerg stuff though, most people have a way to remove it so it's not going to last the full 3 minutes plus the disease casters spam the shit out of it anyway so it's constantly being reapplied. The only people that get screwed are people in partial groups with no heals that are running with the BG and even they can beg a cure after the fight is over so I just don't see any reason at all for it to have a 3 minute duration.

As I said before, I don't think any debuffs should last longer than one minute. There's just no reason for it. Most fights are over in less than a minute and if they aren't, it's not going to kill anybody to have to re-cast their debuffs.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:31 AM by Noashakra
Disease in group needs to be cured ASAP otherwise you are dead. 1mn duration after resists is more than enough.
I don't understand why this issue is stil there, I think I never saw one person asking for the disease timer to stay as it is.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:36 AM by Irkeno
Tinders should cure disease if out of combat for 30s or something like that

Its obnoxiously long, I say that from both having played a stealther and a visi. and yes for solo visis who survive with disease it feels like a horrific punishment, I have genuinely seen people release, rebuff, port back, run back and kill the diseased target, thats dumb as hell!!

Unfortunately for 8v8 disease+kite is a very eseential gameplay mechanic, which really cant be changed, but for soloing its just horrendous.

Bd/sham/cab/chanter etc that can just cast disease and kite forever with absolutely no counterplay is a completely uninspiring gameplay mechanic.

Sidenote, any BD who solos and thinks theyre good at the game. lol.

This is why things like charge, ML casted disease, ML casted cures etc were brought in, which as strange as they feel seeing a minstrel cast disease for example, they did level the playing field a bit.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:44 AM by Irkeno
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 9:21 PM
When they talked about adding a way to get rid of disease for solo players, the assassin circle jerk rioted and shut it down in two days flat. Their primary reasoning? Disease allows them to kite away against tanks and come back at an advantage, so removing it would dumb down the game and remove a "vital strategy" (which I have never seen used) for facing beefier targets.

Do you have a link to this moaning? I think most good sins would really be fine with this.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 10:48 AM by boridi
Nerf cabalist pet 5 minute disease
Wed 28 Apr 2021 2:29 PM by Magesty
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

I have yet to see anyone defend assassin disease duration. It seems to consistently be the one aspect of their class assassin players are realistic about.

The fact is assassins don't need to kite to win against almost all visible targets on this server because they can actually win toe-to-toe fairly easily with everything outside of a few examples like reflex attack mercs and shield swapping warriors. Even then victory is still a very possible outcome when it really shouldn't even be a close fight. You almost never see good assassins use a kite strategy because they simply don't need to.

Why, when most of what assassins fight are other assassins would they not want the disease duration decreased to something reasonable? No one likes sitting around for 2+ minutes after a fight waiting for disease to fade and then for their health bars to tick up-- even if they can do it while invisible.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:05 PM by protege
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

wtf are you talking about lmao
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:07 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Congratulations, you haven't been here long if you don't remember the debacle that was the devs trying to give away First Aid and a disease cure for free.

Minstrels and Skalds insisted free First Aid would ruin their game. Assassins insisted disease cure would ruin their game. So both were removed from the proposal, and then assassins were buffed to the ridiculous point they're at now.

I'm not going to spend 2 hours looking through the shitty search function to find the thread for you guys, do it yourself.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:25 PM by Rov
yes make disease duration last 30-20 seconds, the duration at the moment is just stupid
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:31 PM by Magesty
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:07 PM
Congratulations, you haven't been here long if you don't remember the debacle that was the devs trying to give away First Aid and a disease cure for free.

Minstrels and Skalds insisted free First Aid would ruin their game. Assassins insisted disease cure would ruin their game. So both were removed from the proposal, and then assassins were buffed to the ridiculous point they're at now.

I'm not going to spend 2 hours looking through the shitty search function to find the thread for you guys, do it yourself.

It seems that discussing a reduction in disease duration and adding a disease cure/free first aid would be two fairly different conversations, and considering that this thread is specifically about reducing disease duration it would appear your point is moot.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:40 PM by Irkeno
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Thats the spirit. I was asking because I would have been interested to see it, no need to be so defensive.

Ive been around since launch, possibly not Beta but not paid attention to every post, perhaps reconsideration of those options now would be good, Beaver, being a RR11 assassin, seems to be in agreement with this 🤷‍♂️
Wed 28 Apr 2021 4:35 PM by Saroi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

They removed it because mostly others were complaining and not because of Minstrel/Skalds or Sins. The majority complained this would give minstrel/skalds 9 free realm points because they already spec fa2 to their kit and now get it for free and they are able to cc targets(mezz), making it impossible for them to use fa2 while the minstrel/skald can. Just like a big complain was that it changes a majority of fights and keep siege since everyone can be able to heal themselves out of combat like hiding somewhere.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 7:56 PM by Astaa
They removed it because it was a bad idea. Where would you stop? Free purge?

Having free tireless/LW is about right.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:16 PM by Irkeno
Think I agree with you Astaa, but as hard of a challenge as it it is there does need to be something to combat disease.

- disease duration, sure, having played visi and sin i feel both sides would benefit from shorter disease duration and or cure.

But honestly the bigger one is disease on kiting classes solo.... a mechanic where ‘running in a straight line’ is a key victory strategy is the equivalent of just boring someone to death, and thats where things like castable cure disease, and or heals/charge etc came in, not saying that should come in here but, and i dont have the answer, something to combat that is another key challenge....but as I said previously, it has to be something that doesnt affect 8v8
Thu 29 Apr 2021 5:57 AM by protege
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

That isn't the reason the FREE FA+cure disease was 86'd.

Keep going though... this is amusing.
Thu 29 Apr 2021 12:53 PM by Tamy
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

I mainly play solo tanks and was highly against that free FA2+disease stuff as well.

Like I have stated many times: Just half the sin evenom disease duration (therefore 1.5min instead of 3min) and while you're at it half the horse timer as well (therefore 30sec instead of 1min) to really bump up solo(visi) gameplay.
Thu 29 Apr 2021 3:04 PM by stewbeedoo
Tamy wrote:
Thu 29 Apr 2021 12:53 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

I mainly play solo tanks and was highly against that free FA2+disease stuff as well.

Like I have stated many times: Just half the sin evenom disease duration (therefore 1.5min instead of 3min) and while you're at it half the horse timer as well (therefore 30sec instead of 1min) to really bump up solo(visi) gameplay.

Completely agree on both points, but lets go a step further on the horse timer and say 5 seconds.
Sun 2 May 2021 10:07 PM by nono31
Just purge it ?
Mon 3 May 2021 4:16 PM by Noashakra
Tamy wrote:
Thu 29 Apr 2021 12:53 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Stop making sense, it's the fault of angry sins, that's all.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics