Looking for advices from experienced solo PvP necromancers

Started 6 Apr 2021
by Balamaz
in RvR
A couple of questions :
- Prefered spec line and why.
- RA progression.
- in Death sight spec line, when you're being inc by a melee, how do you start the encounter?

Many thanks
Tue 6 Apr 2021 9:24 AM by Noashakra
Just faceroll on the keyboard and win.
You can't lose vs a melee anyway, just don't get kited away from your pet if it's snared/rooted and you can almost AFK during the fight.
Tue 6 Apr 2021 1:55 PM by easytoremember
Always apply your instas before damage
Get HoT up before pet gets stunned
Keep power as full as possible
Sight is mandatory
Conc is your best friend
Your pet is better off attacking classes with positionals
Tue 6 Apr 2021 2:04 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 6 Apr 2021 9:24 AM
You can't lose vs a melee anyway, just don't get kited away from your pet if it's snared/rooted and you can almost AFK during the fight.

You've clearly never played a Necromancer.
Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:25 PM by daytonchambers
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 6 Apr 2021 2:04 PM
Noashakra wrote:

You've clearly never played against a necromancer as a solo melee.

There's a reason sight necros are the #1 farmer for chain-pulling. You never, ever need to rest due to your health replenishing faster than it drops vs a melee attacker.
Sat 10 Apr 2021 11:40 PM by protege
Juggernaut.

I can combat conc / quickcast with ease. Jugg pets are another story
Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:05 AM by ExcretusMaximus
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 10:25 PM

Sure I have.

I'll make you a deal. You level a Necro and template it, then go "almost AFK" during the fight (let's assume that means you get to cast two shade spells and three FP spells) against any melee, then come back here and tell me how it went. If you won, and have proof, I'll give you everything I own on Hibernia (about 400p worth of goods).
Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:22 PM by omicidi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:05 AM
daytonchambers wrote:

Sure I have.

I'll make you a deal. You level a Necro and template it, then go "almost AFK" during the fight (let's assume that means you get to cast two shade spells and three FP spells) against any melee, then come back here and tell me how it went. If you won, and have proof, I'll give you everything I own on Hibernia (about 400p worth of goods).

What class, champion?
Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:28 PM by gotwqqd
omicidi wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 9:22 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 12:05 AM
daytonchambers wrote:

Sure I have.

What class, champion?
He playing on the obvious hyperbole of AFK. Don’t bother.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 6:41 AM by Sepplord
8 replies and only one tried to help

sadly i don't know much about necromancers neither but maybe the bickereres could stop measuring their epeen for a second and prove their superiority by giving actual information
Tue 13 Apr 2021 8:16 AM by Balamaz
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 6:41 AM
8 replies and only one tried to help
I's a good ratio nowadays, but thanks for the support !
i tried Concentration and it's obviously a must have.
The most important thing is to manage the distance between pet and enemies and there are lots of situations.
I also tried Ichor (3), and it's something very funny to use even in solo fights thanks to the root which allows to replace the pet.
i can't imagine having Conc + Ichor !!

Thanks for the useful answers, and let me know about the issue of the bet !!
BTW i take 10%, being (passively) involved
Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:04 AM by DJ2000
Balamaz wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 8:16 AM
1. i tried Concentration and it's obviously a must have.
2. The most important thing is to manage the distance between pet and enemies and there are lots of situations.
3. I also tried Ichor (3), and it's something very funny to use even in solo fights thanks to the root which allows to replace the pet.
4. i can't imagine having Conc + Ichor !!
1. Conc+Purge2 should be your minimum setup to start out anything RvR-related.
2. Decision-making in general is a big thing depending on your playstyle. Comes with experience playing as Necro or against them.
3. Not worth it. Pet still needs buffs. if you are able to break Los that also means u can't "control" your enemies anymore. They stealth, FA or run away.
If realmmates are around, they break your ichor; if more enemies are around that are unaffected/not hit by ichor u will still die. In environments like towers or keeps this will also not help you to recast your pet. MoC1 would be the better choice there. It really depends on what you are trying to do as a necro.
4. You better do. Depending on your playstyle you need the immu reset that ichor provides. (snare-ichor-snare)

For solo i "used" to run minimum the following actives
Conc(1-5)
purge2+
ichor(1-2)
Juggernaut3+

For 8man i "used" to run minimum the following actives
conc(1-5)
Purge5
ichor2+

For BG i "used" to run minimum the following actives
Conc(1-5)
Purge2+
NM5
MoC1

Deathsight: Solo/small/8man/Grp-PvE/DS/HoH/Cele/Solo-Farm - in manageable environments. Easy, effective and straight forward.
Painworking: BG/DuoFarm with Cab - my preferred playstyle. DoT stops if pet dies though.
Death Servant: Solo-anti-Sinandwhatnot/Bg/DuoFarm with Cleric/mostly subspec - not my preferred playstyle. Good (bomb) damage though.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 8:13 PM by Noashakra
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 6 Apr 2021 2:04 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Actually I have, you barelly have to do anything when you are 4L+ in 1vs1, your pet tanks too much and you can drain life for 6 cast without being rupted.
It's the ultimate cheese vs melee, even the BD can't compete.
Wed 21 Apr 2021 1:02 PM by Dakkhon
Necros are hard but disease is their bane. I have killed several necro on my melee hunter. Back stun and pet and go to town. Yes they get their 6 casts and that usually means death but with IP4 on my hunter I have managed to kill several in RVR. Best chance is of course killing them while they solo pve. Timing and a little bit of pet hits it can be done. Higher rank ones well of course are very hard but it can be done. They are not op just tough as nails.

I would say this......know your enemy and know your class before engaging in any fight. Opportunity is a huge advantage as well. Just ignore them imo but if your like me wait for the best time to strike. Nothing better then destroying one and watch them cry and come back with friends as you roll out laughing with them in your dust.......then come back and do it again lol. Good hunting all.
Fri 30 Apr 2021 7:52 AM by bbrandin82
been trying to solo on my necro,,,, but being somewhat still new to server im only RR 4
Wheres all the low RR melee like under 5... ive come across more RR10-11 and even though i can almost hold my own it doesnt end well.
Fri 30 Apr 2021 8:38 AM by lurker
bbrandin82 wrote:
Fri 30 Apr 2021 7:52 AM
been trying to solo on my necro,,,, but being somewhat still new to server im only RR 4
Wheres all the low RR melee like under 5... ive come across more RR10-11 and even though i can almost hold my own it doesnt end well.

Its rare to see anything lower than 5l5 since the events started. A lot of people I know deleted any toons they had sub that were sub 5l5 and rerolled in the events.
Maybe in the BGs there are a few, but solo at low rank is tough.

The events didn't cause this - its a natural part of a servers life cycle (eventually people stop levelling new toons) - it just hastened the demise of the 'new and low rank rvring toon'
Arguably the events opened up the field a bit in truth. (since soloing on a low rank was already tough with the, frankly ridiculous, amount of rr10+ stealth roaming).

But for a few people, like yourself perhaps, its a bit of a pain in the interim until you catch up or reroll in an event.
Tue 1 Jun 2021 7:58 AM by Atum
for 8sh / bg / solo - after 50 in Deathsight- is there any specific preference for the other 2 lines for remaining points? e.g. 17 pw 11 dservant - better s/c d/q buffs, 2nd bomb/aoedot.
Tue 1 Jun 2021 8:33 AM by Balamaz
As a soloer, i noticed that 48 in death sight is better, allowing 24 damage shield in death servant line, which is very useful (while pet is stunned for example). Besides it's a 30 sec duration, allowing you to snare if the ennemy try to escape during the fight without breaking it.
For BG and 8 man purpose, you'll have a defensive, debuffing and battery role so 'it's not relevant i guess.

BtW, are there Full death servant necros as solos?
I guess it's something difficult to handle but i wonder if any necro can share his own experience?

Thanks
Tue 1 Jun 2021 10:27 PM by Rov
Balamaz wrote:
Tue 1 Jun 2021 8:33 AM
As a soloer, i noticed that 48 in death sight is better, allowing 24 damage shield in death servant line, which is very useful (while pet is stunned for example). Besides it's a 30 sec duration, allowing you to snare if the ennemy try to escape during the fight without breaking it.
For BG and 8 man purpose, you'll have a defensive, debuffing and battery role so 'it's not relevant i guess.

BtW, are there Full death servant necros as solos?
I guess it's something difficult to handle but i wonder if any necro can share his own experience?

Thanks

Just keep in mind that the painworking aoe snare is not sharing the same timer as the baseline one + it doesn't break on damage, so if enemy is tight next to you and tries to escape qcast the aoe snare + lifedrain and they wont get anywhere usually except for if it resists.

I do not think your damage from the shield will matter all that much on the long run, the red spec AF debuff for the pet while enemies runs towards you would probably have a bigger impact, and especially with juggernaut.

I run 50 Deathsight, 18 painwork (which also gives aoe con/str debuff that stacks with single taget con debuff), 9 death servant for d/q buff.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics