Special /slash command for Albs

Started 25 Mar 2021
by joshisanonymous
in RvR
/relic

Check it out. Very useful.
Thu 25 Mar 2021 11:26 PM by ExcretusMaximus
I can tell you from reading region and BG chats, that the entire reason they are in Midgard is because Polemo swapped realms; their driving motivation for all zerg warfare right now is to punish him for leaving Albion.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 12:31 AM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 25 Mar 2021 11:26 PM
I can tell you from reading region and BG chats, that the entire reason they are in Midgard is because Polemo swapped realms; their driving motivation for all zerg warfare right now is to punish him for leaving Albion.

I mean, Albs can have him back. Pretty sure we don't want him in Mid.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 3:18 AM by Svekt
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 12:31 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

This attitude is part of the entire reason Midgard suffers the way they do....

You guys have rejected every leader that has tried to realm swap and build you guys up... Every time someone comes to help Midgard you intentionally lead TG raids when they go to build in primetime the RvR BG. Anyone that comes over you guys build secondary BGS and split the mid rvr bg into two lesser populations.

Then after you set everyone of them up them up for failure like this they leave. THEN you cry and call them names when they go back to their home realm etc etc...

Meanwhile, no where in the process have you had or maintained any type of success. Then we come over to try and help and you say we are doing just fine.... but the second we go back to alb its We dont have a leader, we dont have any BGs during primetime etc etc..... rinse and repeat the whole cycle.

Either start showing up, or zip it...

The minute midgard starts playing as a realm and one team and stops playing as a couple cliche niche guilds they can become successful.

We literally had guilds tell us they wont support us unless we promise to play midgard full time... The difference is we tell you and you know when we are on another realm, we are honest about it. Most of your zerg leaders have toons in other realms and just never mention it to you. Shoot half of your guildmates have toons in other realms they play when you don't see them and they have learned not to say anything because of how you judge them...

Start embracing help instead of rejecting it, stop playing the victim.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:26 AM by Freedomcall
Who cares about relic?
It is RP that matters.
I'm pretty sure alb zerg is fed up with 2 realm fights cuz they have been fighting hibs only for months.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 5:49 AM by Wakefield
Pilz was doing ok till the Blue Sunday thing when he wanted bg leadership passing over to him during blue sunday, its blue Sunday, when everyone turns up. Not attacking hib relics and avoiding certain keeps didnt help either. Run with him a few times on hib and he seems a nice guy

Gio/Polemo upset a LOT of mid guilds with his toxicity and just being a whitney pain, hell, look at how many times he has been banned for insulting other players. I have run in his bgs on Alb a few times and have to say, it's horrible.

Even when Solic cancelled his sidi raid to come help the team, he and his guild were flamed out of the bg by Polemo and his cronies.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 7:31 AM by Astaa
Svekt wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 3:18 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

You guys have rejected every leader that has tried to realm swap and build you guys up... Every time someone comes to help Midgard you intentionally lead TG raids when they go to build in primetime the RvR BG. Anyone that comes over you guys build secondary BGS and split the mid rvr bg into two lesser populations.

Then after you set everyone of them up them up for failure like this they leave. THEN you cry and call them names when they go back to their home realm etc etc...

Meanwhile, no where in the process have you had or maintained any type of success. Then we come over to try and help and you say we are doing just fine.... but the second we go back to alb its We dont have a leader, we dont have any BGs during primetime etc etc..... rinse and repeat the whole cycle.

The minute midgard starts playing as a realm and one team and stops playing as a couple cliche niche guilds they can become successful.

We literally had guilds tell us they wont support us unless we promise to play midgard full time... The difference is we tell you and you know when we are on another realm, we are honest about it. Most of your zerg leaders have toons in other realms and just never mention it to you. Shoot half of your guildmates have toons in other realms they play when you don't see them and they have learned not to say anything because of how you judge them...

This, the short time I was playing Alb (A week on mincer for RR5) I thought Polemo was an excellent leader. Clear concise instructions and an ultimate plan. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Yes, he got stroppy sometimes, usually for good reason but overall he gets things done. Mids would be foolish not to give him a chance.

Or, get him to move Hib, Pilz can go and moan at everyone, endlessly, somewhere else
Fri 26 Mar 2021 9:08 AM by Nunki
Svekt wrote:
You guys have rejected every leader that has tried to realm swap and build you guys up...
It only takes a small group of hyperaggressive and prominent protozoa to generate a general negative mood.

Probably 90%+ of the players are happy to have a zerg-leader, really ANY halfway structured leader.
The rest either doesn't care or start flaming at any occasion (without having the balls to lead themselves).

It is just pitiful.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 2:25 PM by joshisanonymous
Svekt wrote:
joshisanonymous wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

This is not at all why I said that Alb can have him back. Look, I know you love Polemo and all, but he's a dick. I don't care how much he wants to be Midgard's savior, I don't care how good he might be, I don't even care that he came from Alb, but I don't want to play with a guy who's always hurling insults at us.

In addition, you're talking about us splitting up BGs, but the second Polemo hopped back over to Mid, he started barking commands in Jescce's BG Discord while she was leading the BG as if it was his BG. That's some BS.

And I've never experienced this whole "you have to be full time Mid to be a BG leader" stuff. My guild's alliance asks member guilds to be dedicated to Mid, but we never refuse to play with people just because they play other realms, and you should know this since you were in our guild. Midnight Sun leads BGs all the time, and they're incredibly inclusive.

It's pretty simple, really. We don't need a self-proclaimed savior to hop over, curse at us a bit, and then hop back over to Alb a day or two later, and that's exactly what Polemo does every time. So yeah, please take him back, especially if his presence is detrimental to our success, as it was all day yesterday as all he did was convince Albs to attack us.

EDIT: By the way, it's highly arguable that we've rejected anyone who tries to come to Mid to "build us up". I've personally only seen these people come for like a week or two and decide that it's too hard to not immediately be on the winning side, so they leave.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:13 PM by Svekt
You’re correct, I used to be midnight sun. Which is why I don’t understand them being the guild to demand Giosakis play mid full time. This request was made by A long time midnight Sun player who knew I played alb. So when it was openly used as a reason why you guys would not support him it got immediately flagged as BS knowing that I had been asked numerous times to stay and lead different things.

A fraction of the reason to leave and go back to other realms because Mids don’t listen and then act like we are the problem when we express disappointment ..then you wonder why some of you get yelled at after not listening and ruining a whole plan because someone won’t stick fast enough or not chase etc etc.

Bottom line the whole hold your hand and say good job after every loss doesn’t always cut it these days. You need discussion about what you guys can do the change the result and then actually try it, not build theoretical paper daoc groups in discord that never actually get put together.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:31 PM by joshisanonymous
Svekt wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:13 PM
You’re correct, I used to be midnight sun. Which is why I don’t understand them being the guild to demand Giosakis play mid full time. This request was made by A long time midnight Sun player who knew I played alb. So when it was openly used as a reason why you guys would not support him it got immediately flagged as BS knowing that I had been asked numerous times to stay and lead different things.

A fraction of the reason to leave and go back to other realms because Mids don’t listen and then act like we are the problem when we express disappointment ..then you wonder why some of you get yelled at after not listening and ruining a whole plan because someone won’t stick fast enough or not chase etc etc.

Bottom line the whole hold your hand and say good job after every loss doesn’t always cut it these days. You need discussion about what you guys can do the change the result and then actually try it, not build theoretical paper daoc groups in discord that never actually get put together.

Oh that's bull. Polemo curses at people constantly no matter what's happening. And I really don't need to play under someone who's so uptight about winning. This is a game; I just want to play to have fun; it shouldn't feel like a job where my "boss" is gonna give me an earful because we didn't do good enough. I'm not joining BGs to be elite or something. It's just a way to have some casual fun, and it's not fun with Polemo.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:39 PM by Svekt
That’s where you’re confused. It’s not about being elite... it’s about avoiding stupid mistakes and listening. It’s about basics: listening to calls made and execute them, building groups with at least a slot dedicated to something needed for the Zerg like a twf St NM etc. what leaders get mad at is the controllables. Missed a mezz? Bette luck next time. Stand around doing nothing when the BG leader says full rams... now you might get an earful especially if we wipe with the doors at 10 and we know we could have been inside faster if people followed the call. Bottom line just be alert and generally you’re fine. Don’t listen, don’t read, and do your own thing and surely someone will be upset with you if you ruin a team effort.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:49 PM by Svekt
Kroll, regardless of wether polemo cusses you after the fact.... everything he’s mentioned I have mentioned in guild discord peacefully, I also had direct conversations with most MS leaders in tells with suggestions. The bottom line is it’s always rejected and somehow it comes back to we are happy with our progress etc etc we keep doing it our way....

So everything’s already been spoken peacefully and rejected....

This brings me back to you can remain unsuccessful and continue telling Mids good try, or you accept a leader who plans communicates and leads even in tough times but will have the guts to call you out if you ruin something for everyone else.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 6:38 PM by Atreri
So dude who doesn’t like polemo uses pols bg achievements to taunt albs. Did I miss anything?
Fri 26 Mar 2021 7:39 PM by Freedomcall
Being a dick and trying to improve is way better than being whiny that midgard is underpowered.
Tbh I don't know how many times I wanted to be a dick myself whenever I saw mids dying to oil without any reason.
At least it is considered to be a shame to die to an oil in hib or alb.
But on mid they were rather shameless and someone that died to oil himself even messaged me "dude, we got the tower after all."
Is feeding ez rps to your enemy "fun"?

You don't need to be a super excellent elite player.
But you should do basics at least.
Not dying to oil is super easy and basic thing you can do but it is still happening everyday in mid bg.
Fri 26 Mar 2021 8:19 PM by Svekt
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 7:39 PM
Being a dick and trying to improve is way better than being whiny that midgard is underpowered.
Tbh I don't know how many times I wanted to be a dick myself whenever I saw mids dying to oil without any reason.
At least it is considered to be a shame to die to an oil in hib or alb.
But on mid they were rather shameless and someone that died to oil himself even messaged me "dude, we got the tower after all."
Is feeding ez rps to your enemy "fun"?

You don't need to be a super excellent elite player.
But you should do basics at least.
Not dying to oil is super easy and basic thing you can do but it is still happening everyday in mid bg.

Amen, it’s not about being perfect or elite. It’s about being coach able and being able to adapt when needs change.
Sat 27 Mar 2021 12:09 AM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:31 PM
I'm not joining BGs to be elite or something. It's just a way to have some casual fun

Translation: I want to stand around and get free realm points, being told what to do is unfun.
Sat 27 Mar 2021 5:02 AM by Wakefield
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 27 Mar 2021 12:09 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
I'm not joining BGs to be elite or something. It's just a way to have some casual fun

Translation: I want to stand around and get free realm points, being told what to do is unfun.

Zerg vs zerg is fun.

Zerging empty, undefended keeps is dull as shit.

Especially when Pilz and Polemo double team Mid and avoid each other for months.

That is what killed Mid, general feeling was "why even bother?" They had the relics split between them, or the times when one realm held them all. Did Polemo/Pilz go get them back?

No, zerg empty keeps in Mid.

Back to Polemo, he pissed of a lot of Mid during the double feather for tg weeks where any channel was filled with his whines and insults. Noone should be insulted about how they choose to spend their time on a game. I have my personal feelings around the event, but I guess it helps the server pop get to 50. The tricky bit is, getting those that only play for the event to stay
Sat 27 Mar 2021 6:54 PM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
joshisanonymous wrote:

I don't know what your issue is with me since this is the not the first time you've tried to mischaracterize my statements or playstyle unprovoked (I still have no idea why you claimed I'm a Thid player), but that's a ridiculous translation. What I've said repeatedly in this thread is that playing with a douchebag is unfun, and being a douchebag isn't a necessary condition for successful coaching.
Sun 28 Mar 2021 4:44 PM by Hattrick
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
joshisanonymous wrote:

No, what we want to do is have fun while we play a GAME. Most of us are well into middle age and don't give 2 shits about being elite relic warriors in a 20 year old game on a private server that 99.99999% of the larger gaming community isn't even aware exists. We log in, we socialize with guildmates and we kill a few virtual enemies. Sometimes we get relics along the way.

I damn sure don't need my source of cheap entertainment to feel like a second job with second boss that is more demanding than the one that actually pays me is. You all can keep that shit.
Sun 28 Mar 2021 8:50 PM by msitruk
All this drama shit for nothing.
Thx to any BG leader at any time on any realm who take time and energy doing it so we can enjoy zerg fights.
If you don't like leader just go do something else...

Stickandsprint
Mon 29 Mar 2021 4:40 AM by Wakefield
msitruk wrote:
Sun 28 Mar 2021 8:50 PM
If you don't like leader just go do something else...

Most already have...
Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:31 AM by Astaa
Swearing is part of language, especially in sport or team based activity. It does not necessarily mean someone is 'raging' just that something is important. I don't really understand people's hangups with language.

Anyway, DAOC has a chat filter that by default is turned on so if anyone has got themselves upset over colourful language then they literally decided to see that language.

And yes, if people are going out of their way to sabotage a BG by not helping with the ram, or just standing around giving targets then a little colourful language is to be expected anyway. "But i'm just here to have fun while I make everyone's lives more complicated than they need to be" is not an excuse for spoiling other people's game.
Mon 29 Mar 2021 12:17 PM by Hattrick
Astaa wrote:
Mon 29 Mar 2021 8:31 AM
Swearing is part of language, especially in sport or team based activity. It does not necessarily mean someone is 'raging' just that something is important. I don't really understand people's hangups with language.

DAoC is not your local high school football team man. I'm an adult, well into middle age as I mentioned previously. I don't expect to be called a "f**king idiot" (quoted for a reason) because I didn't do something precisely when it was desired. Please note, this is not personal butt hurt as I wasn't even in the BG when I heard this, I was just listening in on Discord.

Anyway, DAOC has a chat filter that by default is turned on so if anyone has got themselves upset over colourful language then they literally decided to see that language.

As I mentioned above, the man talks this way in Discord. If you want to get people in a new realm to follow you, calling them 'useless' and 'f**king idiots' is not what we would describe in my profession as a great icebreaker.

And yes, if people are going out of their way to sabotage a BG by not helping with the ram, or just standing around giving targets then a little colourful language is to be expected anyway. "But i'm just here to have fun while I make everyone's lives more complicated than they need to be" is not an excuse for spoiling other people's game.

Nobody went out of their way to sabotage the BG. Some people don't get on Discord and probably aren't even aware that rams do more damage when fully manned. That is no reason to flame them. I understand you don't play Mid, but don't just assume people are super petty in Mid and would do stuff like that.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this and then I'm done with the topic. If I assign nothing but altruistic motives to Polemo's move to Mid, and assume he truly just wanted to help Mid be more competitive in the realm war, I will say he went about it the wrong way. Instead of just coming over to our team as the former (and possibly current, how can we be sure?) leader of one of our antagonists, immediately start trying to run BGs and just expecting everyone to follow him, he should have sought out the people that normally run BGs first and informed them of his goals and what he was wanting to do. Not only is that common courtesy, it's a hell of a lot more likely to gain the cooperation of the people those leaders had following them on a nightly basis. I know from internal conversations that it did not happen with my guild, which is one of the largest active Mid guilds if not the largest. If you're not going to show people common courtesy and respect, don't expect to get it in return.
Mon 29 Mar 2021 2:34 PM by Wakefield
Let's put it this way if we talking about language .

If started using public channels and calling people wankers, I'd be hit with the banstick so hard and fast I wouldn't see it coming.

But being called malaka is apparently fine.

Ah, but you might say he means that jovially. Fair enough, we will go down that route. Joined his bg, formed a group and asked twice where bg was to meet up. And the response was(bare in mind this is supposedly a grown man here) "lol we at malaka tower."

What the fuck does that even mean?
Mon 29 Mar 2021 3:09 PM by Atreri
Malaka tower is the nged tower next to the maze.
Mon 29 Mar 2021 3:39 PM by Kwall0311
A lot of the towers had code names , as well as movements from them because there were sometimes suspected cross realms that infiltrated the bg discords.
Mon 29 Mar 2021 11:57 PM by jonny290
Kwall0311 wrote:
Mon 29 Mar 2021 3:39 PM
A lot of the towers had code names , as well as movements from them because there were sometimes suspected cross realms that infiltrated the bg discords.

It is kind of humorous that I need to type in an eight-character PIN (wtf) while logged in to search the market explorer but just anybody can log into any discord running. I'm not saying I have a fix, just calling out that something's broke

And yes, I would happily open my wallet and kick the admins a few bucks a month for running a realm-locked semi official Discord to short circuit xrealming
Tue 30 Mar 2021 2:02 AM by gotwqqd
Wakefield wrote:
Mon 29 Mar 2021 2:34 PM
Let's put it this way if we talking about language .

If started using public channels and calling people wankers, I'd be hit with the banstick so hard and fast I wouldn't see it coming.

But being called malaka is apparently fine.

Ah, but you might say he means that jovially. Fair enough, we will go down that route. Joined his bg, formed a group and asked twice where bg was to meet up. And the response was(bare in mind this is supposedly a grown man here) "lol we at malaka tower."

What the fuck does that even mean?
Malaka=A$$h***
Tue 30 Mar 2021 5:58 AM by Sepplord
Kwall0311 wrote:
Mon 29 Mar 2021 3:39 PM

how does it keep spies from knowing the codes?
VS
legit people not finding the zerg?

Might be my morning negativity, but sounds more like someone playing the fantasy version of tacticool rather than having an actual reasoning behind it
Tue 30 Mar 2021 6:18 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 30 Mar 2021 5:58 AM
Might be my morning negativity, but sounds more like someone playing the fantasy version of tacticool rather than having an actual reasoning behind it

No, you're right. I spent 45 minutes asking where "KFC" was in region because people kept saying they saw enemies there, and I wanted to help. The only answer I ever got was "LOL."

Two weeks later it's explained in a BG I'm in that KFC is the central keep in EV.

Why KFC? No one knows.
Tue 30 Mar 2021 11:44 AM by Atreri
I forget what led to it being called KFC but we started calling it that in poles alb bg the first day it was patched in. Just wait till he calls a santorini then you will really be confused lol
Tue 30 Mar 2021 11:52 AM by boridi
Atreri wrote:
Tue 30 Mar 2021 11:44 AM
Just wait till he calls a santorini then you will really be confused lol
Sublime did a song about that
Tue 30 Mar 2021 1:43 PM by byron
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:26 AM
Who cares about relic?
It is RP that matters.
I'm pretty sure alb zerg is fed up with 2 realm fights cuz they have been fighting hibs only for months.

The problem is this one, we are forced to don't care about relics. If Mid has just its one relic, the realm is 24/24h under siege with albs and hibs that continue to conquer empty keeps and all the day for seven days a week it's boring. So, since this is a game where we would like to have fun and it is not a job, a lot of us just do other stuff. During the day, if I have time, I like to roam solo time to time to do some tasks (and be chain killed by stronger solos, smallmen and groups ) but if other realms every day take empty keeps and towers and cancel all the teleports, I quit.
As someone said, if you like zerg fighting it's ok but zerg fighting is fighting other enemies, not the doors. So I hope that today someone will take the Mid relic, maybe we can start to play again tomorrow.

Now :

Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:46 AM by Talo
Svekt wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:39 PM
That’s where you’re confused. It’s not about being elite... it’s about avoiding stupid mistakes and listening.
Fun story? Our cabby did not listen to polemo's "all in tower" command to rupt and get the way clean for 3 more group members to reach the tower. allmighty greek demi god asked me to kick this cabby from my group. when I refused he kicked my group out of BG and closed it for 45 minutes. the region chat flooded with questions if there is no rvr bg on prime time... great job for albion!
I enjoyed running in his BGs back last summer but he turned more and more into some mad dictator. I'm glad he left albion. albion showed that there are enough players, that can take over. thx to bara, jess, mezzinc/gembo and muze.
I'm sure the polemo problemo will be solved forever soon, 7th offense (flaming/harassment) should be permanent ban, shouldnt it?
Wed 31 Mar 2021 1:29 PM by Atreri
I agree that polemo left Albion in great shape. The folks that came up in alb in his bg over the last year are for the most part high rr and very competent. This Mezinc kid inherited a well functioning killing machine of a bg. I am super excited to see him do the same to mid now. It hasn’t been even 2 weeks yet and I already see some progress. But most of all I can feel the bg gaining confidence in its self. As pol would say, we are gaining momentum.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 3:36 PM by Leafus
Lol I’d feel confident too knowing I outnumber my enemy in a Zerg 100:1. Aging hands and reflexes from launch 20 years ago lends well to /stick a Zerg to high RR
Wed 31 Mar 2021 4:20 PM by Atreri
Leafus wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 3:36 PM
Lol I’d feel confident too knowing I outnumber my enemy in a Zerg 100:1. Aging hands and reflexes from launch 20 years ago lends well to /stick a Zerg to high RR

Thank you for sharing your personal journey with us.
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:08 PM by Leafus
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Does this even make sense?
“We hate your guts Polemo!”

“Oh trying to leave us? Now we’ll really punish you for leaving even though we all hate you”

Are all albs this illogical? Looking at the zerg size rolling mindlessly I’d say: yes
Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:19 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Leafus wrote:
Wed 31 Mar 2021 9:08 PM
Does this even make sense?
“We hate your guts Polemo!”

“Oh trying to leave us? Now we’ll really punish you for leaving even though we all hate you”

Are all albs this illogical? Looking at the zerg size rolling mindlessly I’d say: yes

You've got some serious reading comprehension problems.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 5:23 AM by Freedomcall
byron wrote:
Tue 30 Mar 2021 1:43 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 26 Mar 2021 4:26 AM
Who cares about relic?
It is RP that matters.

The problem is this one, we are forced to don't care about relics. If Mid has just its one relic, the realm is 24/24h under siege with albs and hibs that continue to conquer empty keeps and all the day for seven days a week it's boring. So, since this is a game where we would like to have fun and it is not a job, a lot of us just do other stuff. During the day, if I have time, I like to roam solo time to time to do some tasks (and be chain killed by stronger solos, smallmen and groups ) but if other realms every day take empty keeps and towers and cancel all the teleports, I quit.
As someone said, if you like zerg fighting it's ok but zerg fighting is fighting other enemies, not the doors. So I hope that today someone will take the Mid relic, maybe we can start to play again tomorrow.

Now :

Not really.
You didn't get the context of original post.
Joshisanonymous was telling albs to do /relic because they were taking mid keeps even though mid had 0 relics back then.
And I said they are taking mid keeps for RPs, not relics.

I didn't say that to represent myself, but players on phoenix in general, and you know what?
Actually lots of players on phoenix DO like fighting doors, cuz it is easy RPs.
Thu 1 Apr 2021 7:35 AM by byron
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 1 Apr 2021 5:23 AM
I didn't say that to represent myself, but players on phoenix in general, and you know what?
Actually lots of players on phoenix DO like fighting doors, cuz it is easy RPs.

Ok, I undesrtand that and I'm noone to force people to play as I wish. My complain is that, if people continue to fight doors 24/24, some players start to be pissed off and log. It is just a consideration since everyone is free to play as he wants.

PS : yesterday , at least for sure during the day, Mid had all the teleports so I was happy
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics