Re: NS RAs?

Without purge you will have little chance of winning vs classes that can stun/mezz/root you - which covers most classes.

I agree that in a Sin vs Sin fight if both have purge then it is somewhat irrelevant. Although the better re-poisoner gets a little advantage there.
Currently soloing on: Stewpidity Ranger, Stewdabaker Chanter, Stewthanasia Champ

Magesty wrote:
Fri 23 Apr 2021 2:20 PM
You’re assuming a couple of things that might not be true. First of all, you aren’t guaranteed to be getting clean, winnable fights every five minutes. This should be obvious to anyone who solos. Secondly, purge isn’t necessarily going to be the difference in winning versus losing when you do get a fight. On top of that, you are immediately at a statistical disadvantage assuming your opponent also has purge, which is fairly likely given the short timer on even P3 and the propensity of some players to avoid fights while timers are down.

I used viper as an example to show the potential damage/statistical value of the 15 point difference (P5 vs an enemy who uses P3). I’m in no way advocating for that being the best option at low RRs.

I’m inclined to agree that purge 5 seems like a solid option, especially if you play at EU prime time. I’m just not sure I can get 100% on board with an argument that assumes perfect conditions as a given and then dismisses detractions (which weren’t even being argued for) because of something like resist rates on a level 50 ability.

Haha, of course, but purge can still get you a kill with an add. Hitting a caster and a tank slams you? Purge and get the finisher for example... and then die anyway. Purge is incredibly useful for those kinds of scenarios as well, probably another + point.

What would your preference be for RAs?

imo p3-4 is enough unless you are rr10+ and also have all the dmg tools. in assassin fights it is important to deal more dmg than your opponent. purge does no dmg.
and especially as a low rr you want to win fights in the first place and therefore need dmg.

on my sb i eat lowies even if they stun me, i dont purge there because the dmg they do, i can survive.

my suggestion for rr4-5 is go go p2 viper2 quick2-3 moa2-3
dont bother with str or crit, the roi is very bad

remeber attack speed is king in this game
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Purge 4 is a must, I have it as soon as RR6/7.
You don't deal damage when you are stunned (4s NS stun vs 6s on infi and 7s on SB, hello Aurora Borealis chain) or dead because of the triple dot of a SB.

MoP 2 and Str 2 are actually good for the DPS per point spent.

Ra update for RR7L2

Purge 5 - Take fights faster
First aid 1 - Survive viper ticks after a win
Vanish 1 - Quality of life
Moa3 - Brings swingspeed to an acceptable level with haste proc
Qui 3 - for 250 qui
Mopain 3 - Self explanitory
Str 3 - 240 str raise base damage
Toughness 3 - Survivability
Con 2 - Survivability
2 points remianing

Killed alot of viper 5 low purge assassins since i posted my RR5 spec and will continue to do so

May rejig to drop str completely and mopain to 1-2 and raise toughness but won't be touching viper until rr9
Domination Lady Lone Enforcer Infiltrator
Deception Fru Lone Enforcer Shadowblade
Devestra Thunderer Nightshade

Also the NS DD is str based!
MoM is good at 1 or 2 points also, it works on dot and the dd.
MoF 1 is also a must (especially for the single str debuff)

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 7:23 PM

NS mana stat is actually Dex, not Str
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 5:22 PM
Aside from watching groups fail in the pve instances, a favorite past time of many staff members is to delight in the pain and suffering of playes caused by minor annoyances like this.

skipari wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 7:28 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Sure about that?

edit:
https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-01312020
It's dex, but I was sure it was str. Was it always like this?

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 7:51 PM
skipari wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 7:28 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Sure about that?

edit:
https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-01312020
It's dex, but I was sure it was str. Was it always like this?

Yea it's why on live when caster shades became a thing with increased spell damage templating in 10% spell pierce/10% spell damage you could nuke for 350-400 with very small variance very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFaVDxvpKN4
Domination Lady Lone Enforcer Infiltrator
Deception Fru Lone Enforcer Shadowblade
Devestra Thunderer Nightshade

Return to “RvR”