Most fun classes for leveling event?

Started 17 Mar 2021
by gotwqqd
in RvR
What classes do you find most fun in the event?
In particular I’m looking to reroll thane, theurgist, rm, sm
Wed 17 Mar 2021 5:18 AM by ExcretusMaximus
RM and Theurgist were both a blast for me (no pun intended).

They're both wanted in premade groups, and can do a lot of tagging in PUGs.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 7:09 AM by borodino1812
I leveled an Infil to 5L5. If you do that, I would recommend to go solo once you reach 50. I had a blast with that. 1-50 is a bit of a slog, but the fun begins after that.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 7:50 AM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 17 Mar 2021 5:18 AM
RM and Theurgist were both a blast for me (no pun intended).

They're both wanted in premade groups, and can do a lot of tagging in PUGs.
What were your event specs? Leveling up and post 40?
Wed 17 Mar 2021 9:24 AM by easytoremember
Anything with aoe~
I liked playing melee but finding weapons that you were using and then weapons of a speed you wanted was rough.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 12:57 PM by Catkain
I suggest Skald.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 1:03 PM by Lasastard
I would suggest playing a suppot character, like healer for example. Unless you are running with a pre-made, than it is a different story of course. But pug'ing without stable support in your group is not fun, so it almost does not matter if you play a pewpew Thane if no one heals you^^
Wed 17 Mar 2021 1:29 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 17 Mar 2021 7:50 AM
What were your event specs? Leveling up and post 40?

Theurg was ice early, then earth later on because the higher level you get the more people seem to realize how easy it is to shut down ice pets.

For RM, I love RC because the bolts can one-round any caster due to no resists until high level, but honestly any of the specs work and nearsight is damn near broken in there.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 5:28 PM by Tsol
After lvling over 20 characters
Air Theurg All the Way was the most enjoyable
2nd was a Bow class/ eld and necro DS ​-all were fun

This weekend i want to try Thane grouped with Reaver and doing House cleaning - seems like the best set up
Also enjoyed watching a Gtaoe spec caster setting gt from inside a house and bombing everything around him at other unexpected house campers- seemed fun

Pol
Sun 21 Mar 2021 12:29 PM by Hattrick
I have really been enjoying playing a tri-spec shaman. It sucked for a good while as most of your groups just go running through the portal as soon as they can, forcing you to buff them in the field instead of by macro in the safe area. Even then, I had a merc last night get our group wiped because he kept breaking line of sight by running around the stairs at inn in town while I was trying to buff him until enemies finally showed up lol. In my 40s, people are generally better about waiting for buffs in the safe zone though.

I also was getting frustrated early on because I'd instantly get beelined by every melee class and I really couldn't get away. That all changed once I got pbae disease though. Now I am a kiting machine and most of those melees give up chasing me pretty quickly now which allows me to generously spread my poison and disease to everyone. RP/hour went way up just because of that one spell and it's fun now!
Sun 21 Mar 2021 12:46 PM by DJ2000
I didnt play the event since last year may/june (not sure when it was on) and back then i rolled just for fun a solo Cave sham, as in solo since lvl1. And i also said back then that it was really fun, perma sprint with diesase and Dots. Most just give up the chase, unless you run into another grp.
In this event, with the CC changes and det9 on everyone, Nearsight and Disease are king in 40+, so i think it would still be really fun tag'ing and kiting.
So yeah, sham is fun, unless you go full aug, then its bothersome to keep rebuffing over and over.
Mon 22 Mar 2021 6:21 PM by Tomthabom10
Deep Cave Shaman was a blast. There was a range once I got insta aoe disease where I felt untouchable. I caught a group of 4 with no speed or much CC and dotted and kited them with ease.

Mid 40s it fell off a bit, but levels 27-42ish were some of the most enjoyable moments I’ve had in DAoC in awhile.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:46 PM by joshisanonymous
If you're autogrouping, druid or cleric because you're unlikely to ever be buffed or have heals otherwise.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:21 PM by Lollie
I leveled a Bard in this one, it's 50/50 fun as you tick all of the speed/cc/buffs/heals(ish) boxes but with the cc reduction and lack of spec dex the mez war is very annoying, also once a pet is on you your pretty much out of the fight, and boy are there a lot of pets out there.
I can imagine minis being a lot of fun.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 7:02 PM by gotwqqd
Lollie wrote:
Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:21 PM
I leveled a Bard in this one, it's 50/50 fun as you tick all of the speed/cc/buffs/heals(ish) boxes but with the cc reduction and lack of spec dex the mez war is very annoying, also once a pet is on you your pretty much out of the fight, and boy are there a lot of pets out there.
Gotta be good class.
As a theurgist I found it hard against decent groups
It felt as if i was in constant amnesia bombardment
Tue 23 Mar 2021 11:13 PM by darkstar00
Archer... pew pew lol.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 11:37 PM by gotwqqd
For next event
I’m contemplating typical Thane spec
Or
Spiritmaster
38 summoning
19 suppression
33 dark

Thoughts?
Wed 24 Mar 2021 5:49 AM by Drunkstains
Solo valewalker was fun but brutal. I enjoyed it
Thu 25 Mar 2021 5:07 AM by jonny290
Lollie wrote:
Tue 23 Mar 2021 4:21 PM

did a minstrel this time, can confirm it was an absolute hoot. sos + am made lemonade out of autogroup lemons many times
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics