Re: Minstrel & Mentalist along CK magnet phenomenon

joshisanonymous wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 5:26 AM
Astaa wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 12:56 AM
I don't lose vs mincers, technically I don't win because they just leg it. Slightly less cheesy than vanish, I guess.

They just have to find a new pet, so they can harass expers again

Yup. The only way a minstrel loses any fight, really, is by overcommitting, even with the pet changes.

By contrast, mentalist is one of the least successful solo classes on this server. It's really bizarre that Sek made that comparison in the context of soloing. Makes no sense at all.

A SM scared of Minstrel that claim most of his kills by lurking within 50 feets of dock/bridge range applying the MOC 5/Purge engagement rule has an opinion.
Yes i may have encountered your SM once but i probably didn't have SOS up.

There are players that are driven by fear, most of the time unfounded, willing to engage only when given a royal flush while other are doing the best they can with a simple pair.

DAOC is a great competitive videogame yet most of your comments are delusional.

You are complaining about a class because it has last speed ? You would kill any yellow farmer if given the opportunity, do not be an hypocrite ( if only you could move out of CK range).

You are complaining about a class because it has SOS ? Let's talk about vanish, MOC and so many more RAs then.

Red pet ? they deal way less damage than epic yellowish mobs. In fact Minstrel is probably the less powerful class over the rank, its RAS are so limited that originally you were often relying on rank to charm better pets.

Solo related class ? Given your admiration to SOS since you judge a class by its ability to survive i would say that Minstrel on phoenix is outclassed by Skald, Shaman, Necro, Thane, Champion, Assassin's classes and most MOC caster related classes.

I do prefer being outnumbered on open fray while being given a chance to success or fail trying, this is my dope. Yes you can defeat a 4-5+ players with a minstrel if they come 1by1 even more as duo/trio but only because you are granted with average CC and damage facing casual players, you would do the same if not better on bard/ment, skald/sham or healer and several more combinations.

Most players just log on to join a zerg rather than attempting to duo/trio/small and play accordingly to the ongoing action.
It's common to see 2-3 BG of 80 players out and no solo up to fg action through the entire NF therefore most of the community do not truly know how to deal with x or y class when playing out of BG safety, not aware they were capable of being as good as anyone else.
Trust your class, improve with it, take some risk and have fun, this is DAOC.

Sek wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 8:07 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 5:26 AM
Astaa wrote:
Sun 21 Feb 2021 12:56 AM
I don't lose vs mincers, technically I don't win because they just leg it. Slightly less cheesy than vanish, I guess.

They just have to find a new pet, so they can harass expers again

Yup. The only way a minstrel loses any fight, really, is by overcommitting, even with the pet changes.

By contrast, mentalist is one of the least successful solo classes on this server. It's really bizarre that Sek made that comparison in the context of soloing. Makes no sense at all.
<long string of utter nonsense>

What in the holy hell are you even talking about? Who said I was scared of minstrels? Since when do I ever hang out at one of my realm's keeps? When did I say that you can't kill any yellow player? When did I "complain" about minstrels having speed? What in the hell is an "epic yellow pet"?

It's not even possible to have a conversation with you, Mr "Neutral", because I have no idea what you're talking about 90% of the time.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

Ppl always mix two things together, Stealth minst and visi minst. Yes minst is very annoying in Stealth war and is hard to justify why one realm would have such a class with Stealth why others don't. This skews Stealth play.
On the other hand I don't see a problem with visible minstrels. You have to see them as visible solo players and as such they are outperformed by most of their enemies of you don't just kite them. Kiting also just works vs very few classes you face in 1v1. Kiting will lead to long fights you will be added and is also very boring to play , leaving melee minst with pet.
Melee minstrel with a pet is a visible solo char that is not overperforming. Most solo classes such as assassins,skalds, thanes etc will just beat you, yet I see complains about minstrels.

keen wrote:
Tue 23 Feb 2021 9:32 AM
Melee minstrel with a pet is a visible solo char that is not overperforming.

I'm new to Phoenix but not to DAoC but I'll weigh in here anyway I'm curious what your basis for the above statement is?

Here's why I ask that. Looking at the solo kill board for last week, minstrels are represented far more than any other visible class save skalds which outnumber minstrels by 2 on that list. If you use that list as a criteria, you'd have to say that minstrels (along with skalds) are overperforming. When you look a little closer at the minstrels and skalds, you'll see the average realm rank of the minstrels (even tossing out the one thidranki character) is significantly lower than that of the skalds. There were several that I saw that weren't even rank 5 yet. That also kind of indicates that they overperform.

wrote: Most solo classes such as assassins,skalds, thanes etc will just beat you, yet I see complains about minstrels.

Lets not kid ourselves, the list is dominated by classes that can more or less dictate the terms of engagement. Assassins and archers do it with stealth, music classes do it with speed. You can compare skalds with minstrels but let's not pretend that any other visible class is going to be able to compete with them solo. You mentioned thanes and they might be great if they can manage to get a fight but they have no tools to facilitate like those other classes and hence, there are only 2 thanes on that list vs. 16 minstrels.

Well what I conclude from the weekly solo kills list is, that assassins have 62% of the solo kills last week. Minstrels and Skalds both have ca. 6% solo kills as a share, but still we are discussing Minstrels.
If this chart is used for reference the only archtype we should talk about are assassins followed by a large gap with Skalds and Minstrels. I don't see any talk about Skalds being too strong in here, which has similar performance and is the same archtype. But in relation to assassins count the count of solo minstrels and skalds is neglectable for a reason. I would argue even with speed6 capabilties they can only reach 6% of solo kills.

As a quick and dirty gauge. There are currently 69 mincers online vs 47 skalds. You can /serverinfo any time and chances are mincers are in the top 3...if not 1. Skalds, largely have to fight toe to toe though, not just stick pet, kite, dd, dd, CC recycle (x2!)

Mincers are utterly broken in 1v1 and yes, I also include in that statement that once the pet is dead they can't win so leg it, which is just a waste of everyone's time.

I have always said that they need more spec points, but their abilities spread out more, so they can either be a group/zerg class or a solo class. The Easiest way to achieve that is to boost their melee slightly and then split charm from DDs CC and speed. Similar to how the devs tried to nerf ments but backtracked. Cap mincer pet to green/blue if they want speed/DDs/CC, or lower speed/DDs/CC if they want a higher level pet. Even throw in climb walls for free, so they don't need to consider 25 stealth.

But yeah, they are fix proof so it's all a waste of time discussing them.
Pagan Death Cult

Return to “RvR”