No players in Thidranki?

Started 18 Feb 2021
by Grinnygog
in RvR
I've only begun playing on Phœnix in the last week, although I have been playing DAoC since its release many years ago. So I levelled my Ranger to 22 and went to try a bit of solo RvR, but when I ported to Thid the battleground was completely deserted, it seems. Is that normal for Phœnix, or was I just unlucky to port when there was no one around?
Thu 18 Feb 2021 5:19 PM by stewbeedoo
For no really good reason the BGs are empty here.

Most people just focus on getting to 50 and big boy RvR.
Thu 18 Feb 2021 5:21 PM by joshisanonymous
It depends on the time of day. I also suspect that the recent PvP leveling events have slowed down the action in Thid, but that's only an assumption.

The other BGs are, however, almost always empty, so if you wanted to get some good BG action, it's a good idea to hang out in Thid for a bit.
Fri 19 Feb 2021 5:22 PM by Komaf
Other than nostalgia, minus the rewards, is there any reason to take a keep in Thidranki?

I've been to Thid twice just to level with some random groups on PvE mobs. It's dead at most times there (talking weekends all hours). However, there are the few templated 24s that will instantly wreck anyone thinking they have a reason to try to keep take, lol, <Thidiots> and an Alb group. Mids, per usual, are invisible or busy yelling at each other in general chat somewhere.
Mon 22 Feb 2021 7:11 AM by Sepplord
Komaf wrote:
Fri 19 Feb 2021 5:22 PM
However, there are the few templated 24s that will instantly wreck anyone thinking they have a reason to try to keep take, lol, <Thidiots>
There's your reason....to stick it to those people
If you only look at efficiency and rewards, BGs just aren't worth it most of the time. They are a means to get a bit of PvP/RvR-gameplay, without the investment needed for lvl50 RR, while also having a different powerdynamic between classes (some already have core skills, some don't, CC is much stronger etc...)

(iirr battleground keeps also influence DF opening but that information could be outdated)
Mon 22 Feb 2021 11:45 AM by Tommylad
The main reason is that Phoenix changed the Thid map to the Molvik map. Killed Thid stone dead. Thid was fun, a break from big RvR, and a lot of the players nice people ...of course some were as dumb as F but.......anyway the old Thid map is back, but Thid sadly is prob damaged beyond repair.
Thu 25 Feb 2021 1:58 PM by byron
Tommylad wrote:
Mon 22 Feb 2021 11:45 AM
The main reason is that Phoenix changed the Thid map to the Molvik map. Killed Thid stone dead. Thid was fun, a break from big RvR, and a lot of the players nice people ...of course some were as dumb as F but.......anyway the old Thid map is back, but Thid sadly is prob damaged beyond repair.

Before Molvik map there was action almost every evening, after this change the bg was desert (a part the first days to test the new map) probably because Thid players had the habit to stay on Mid bridge and wait enemies instead of roaming around for the map. Now the old Thid map returned but probably too late indeed.
Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:02 PM by Komaf
To be fair, build an incentive and they will play. It's that simple. Humans are built to follow incentives.

Not sure why that's so difficult a concept with Thidranki - or many game issues in general (not necessarily here, rather, but in general commercial gaming).
Thu 11 Mar 2021 4:02 PM by boho
Leveling is fast and all that awaits in Thid are fully “templated” RR3 assassins. Why bother?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics