No adding?!?

Started 2 Feb 2021
by cutbacks
in RvR
WTH did this come from? It's soo stupid..dont add me,..blahh blahh blahh or when u add they other person backs off etc, and still dies anyhow...Wasn't here from the start..
I'm guessing a sin realized how many rp's e can be made by not getting added on and killing crap over and over..Those solo kill=much rps Then they started spreading this don't add/respec the 1v1 campaign and others started to believe this crap. Especially other sins. Since now their rp's are going up.. The rp tick is crazy for classes that can obtain a decent number of solo kills per task. If you fight something, there should always be a threat to get attacked on/added on. That has always been part of the game, can be frustrating sure, but this 1v1 with no adding is stupid and thought up by a greeeeedy sin....

This is all just a stupid SIN campaign ...and it needs to end.
See SIN..SMASH SIN!!

Begin hate.

cuts
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:38 PM by Motech
Umm okay. Could be some truth to this.
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:55 PM by Noashakra
I could do much more rps by adding everything that moves... It's the opposite of greedy...
Also the task is bigger if you add, because damages and the number of combats you were in are a biggest factor for the reward.
You should stop speaking without knowning.
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:58 PM by cutbacks
Thats a load of bs..I add everything..Now that i have a good spec..im killing much better..lots of solo kills and im getting 3x-4x the rp tick bonus..More fake news from a SIN..

LOL
Wed 3 Feb 2021 1:11 AM by boridi
It is kind of annoying when a skald swoops in at the very end with a double DD to take away the deathblow and solo kill. Having said that, as an RR10 SB I add* everything I can unless there's a good chance I'll die. And I'll go out of my way to add people that complain about adding.

*"add" = play RvR correctly
Wed 3 Feb 2021 7:17 AM by cantgetright006
cutbacks wrote:
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:32 PM
See SIN..SMASH SIN!!

Begin hate.

cuts
I was with you until that bs. We all know the solo vissies started that crap years ago to combat the sneak perfs on their 1v1s.
Wed 3 Feb 2021 7:42 AM by Astaa
Add or don't add. Up to you, people are also entitled to pull off from an enemy if someone adds.

Get over it.
Wed 3 Feb 2021 7:44 AM by Noashakra
cutbacks wrote:
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:58 PM
Thats a load of bs..I add everything..Now that i have a good spec..im killing much better..lots of solo kills and im getting 3x-4x the rp tick bonus..More fake news from a SIN..

LOL

So you think that me not getting rps from people I don't add, and by doing so having less participation in the task make me have more rps in the end?
You cmearmu are not the sharpest tool In the shed.
Wed 3 Feb 2021 10:49 AM by SlowMo
I don´t add because I don´t want to get added, simple as that.

Just let everyone play the way he/she wants to.

If you don´t add- fine
If you do- fine aswell
Wed 3 Feb 2021 3:53 PM by Magesty
I've definitely noticed the /bow mentality is way worse on this server than any I have played on before. The vast majority of the time I will respect 1v1s and not add on fair fights with the exception of BDs and vanish/kite assassins, but the constant attempts to get clean 1v1s really grates on my nerves. I've had stealthers walk up to me unstealthed and then act "upset" when I just start attacking them. Like, yo, I'll try to respect your shit, but you're still my enemy. Act like it. The pulling off of fights can be tough too. I had a player I respect pull off because a hunter started attacking me, but I was winning the fight handily at that point and felt I could still win pretty easily even with the interference. So what am I to do? Do I pull off too and miss a solo kill I'm fairly confident I've secured to chase down a hunter shooting from 1750 units away that is just going to turn tail and stealth? At the same time, I'm still very inclined to pull off fights when players I respect get added on early. It is hard to shake the solo mindset when the game has traditionally been so bereft of respectable solo players. Here there are a ton, and I think the quantity has reached a tipping point such one needs to break away from the standard conventions a bit to not have RvR feel like a duel town at times.

Another issue I've encountered-- I like to duo with fellow solo player, and there is a weird expectation that we won't attack people that we have previously respected as solo players. If we are camping a bridge and letting some "respected" solo players run free it inevitably backfires as we attack one of their friends and they all pile on because we are violating the solo code in their eyes. It's unfortunate, but our solution is basically to not go out of our way to kill "respected" soloers trying to get to the docks, however if they walk right up to us it is game on. We simply can't keep letting them pile up around us. We've also had situations in the past where solo players will come up wanting to only duel whichever one of us they have a better match up against and can beat consistently. Now we just kill them. Problem solved.

It is tough to avoid the gravity of the solo /bow mindset. If you are inclined to be a non-adding solo player it pulls you in and forces you into orbit because it is not only beneficial, but it's natural to have respect for other players enduring the struggle-- there is a reason the top deaths are always soloers and especially solo visible players. After some discussion and consideration I'm beginning to shift more towards a personal ruleset that continues to honor established 1v1s, but once the fight is over the winner is likely going to be attacked unless I really respect them. Minimal if any /bow nonsense. Pop all stealthers on sight assuming adders aren't around. Add on all BDs and players that vanish/restealth cheese 1v1. I'm sure plenty of players will think I'm not honoring the solo code and will begin to add on my 1v1s, but in my eyes the sense of decorum has become untenable.
Wed 3 Feb 2021 4:27 PM by DJ2000
Magesty wrote:
Wed 3 Feb 2021 3:53 PM
The vast majority of the time I will respect 1v1s and not add on fair fights with the exception of BDs and vanish/kite assassins, but the constant attempts to get clean 1v1s really grates on my nerves.

There you have it. Just like you, everyone else has their own version too.
You can't cater your playstyle around something that doesn't exist as a whole.

Nothing is set in stone either, viewpoints change...or rather Discord members change, so what's fine with a certain guy on one day isn't on the next very day.
There is no "Old-Zeitgeist" to follow here on phoenix, because the current new-age-communities/players decided against it.
Wed 3 Feb 2021 4:30 PM by Astaa
Personally I only bow if the other person has seen me, just out of courtesy and mutual respect but most of the time I just dive in and have absolutely no problem with people diving in on me.

I don't see Mid of Alb players as enemies, just players that happen to be on another realm, I don't even fight for a victory, just a good fight. Obviously I try to win but happy to lose too, if I get a good fight out of it, if you see what I mean...obviously that's different in the BG taking keeps etc, they are the enemy but that's a different game as far as I am concerned.

I don't add either and I tell people that whine about that to just deal with it. Edit, I'll add on a BD or mincer, no problem, or a 2v1/3v1...as far as I am concerned they aren't players out for entertainment.

Funnily enough I had a NS whining at me in the solo zone that I just jumped an SB that was stealthed that I just happened to spot, was pretty funny. Anyway, I'm just a part-timer that happens to take a hero out for a spin solo now and again so not part of any solo community, nor care to be.
Thu 4 Feb 2021 8:09 PM by LolaEbolah
Astaa wrote:
Wed 3 Feb 2021 7:42 AM
Add or don't add. Up to you, people are also entitled to pull off from an enemy if someone adds.

Get over it.

I truly wish all the “no adding” people felt this way. I wouldn’t take any issue with that whole playstyle at all if I didn’t regularly receive nasty messages in game because I attacked someone they felt I shouldn’t have.

For example, I think it’s super lame when I jump into a fight and my realmmate pulls off and /cheers the enemy realm. I do a hard eye roll, but they get nothing from me but a /curtsey. I never and will never send hateful messages because somebody plays the game in a way I don’t care for.

Maybe we’ll stop seeing so many threads like this on the forums if we can all agree to that attitude?

<3
Fri 5 Feb 2021 9:44 PM by SaintRon
I'll add on everything and expect to get added on. I think the time for sportsmanship is after the fight ends.

That being said if it's someone you've known for years then sure wave, bow etc. Don't expect others to give a damn though.
Fri 5 Feb 2021 10:35 PM by Dadbodosteel
Personally I add when my realm mate is getting stomped. If it's a fair fight I let it go until the fight is over then I jump on the enemy player if they happen to win. Red is dead for me but I try not to leech rps from my realm mates. Exceptions are for known leeches and cheese classes.
Thu 11 Feb 2021 1:23 PM by Lefreak
I add when realmates are in trouble. And i dont care of the yells. Red = dead, thats the game goal no ?

Tytyty
Thu 11 Feb 2021 1:45 PM by DJ2000
Lefreak wrote:
Thu 11 Feb 2021 1:23 PM
I add when realmates are in trouble. And i dont care of the yells. Red = dead, thats the game goal no ?

Tytyty
Really?
So when a Realm mate is NOT in trouble, you will not add?

You don't care about the "Realm mate", do you? So why bring it up?
Thu 11 Feb 2021 2:42 PM by Lefreak
DJ2000 wrote:
Thu 11 Feb 2021 1:45 PM
Lefreak wrote:
Thu 11 Feb 2021 1:23 PM

Tytyty
Really?
So when a Realm mate is NOT in trouble, you will not add?

You don't care about the "Realm mate", do you? So why bring it up?

Witch word you dont understand ?

Tytyty
Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:10 PM by joshisanonymous
In my experience, at least for soloing, this is primarily an issue when you hang out on the bridges in Emain, Hadrian's, or Odin's. Despite that being the location with the heaviest traffic, it also seems to be the favorite meeting place for stealthers, but the regulars also insist on clean fights, so you have this weird situation where there's far too much traffic for clean fights but most of the people there want and expect them anyway. The result is this unspoken code develops where people refuse to add or pull off or whatever.

The alternative when you find you're getting lots of adds that you don't want would be to camp somewhere else, but most players don't seem to think that's an option, so the cycle continues. If people were inclined to just go somewhere else when they're not getting the kind of fights they want, we probably wouldn't have this unspoken "don't add" code and people would find challenging fights all over the map.
Thu 11 Feb 2021 9:45 PM by Rhox
cutbacks wrote:
WTH did this come from? It's soo stupid..dont add me,..blahh blahh blahh or when u add they other person backs off etc, and still dies anyhow...Wasn't here from the start..
I'm guessing a sin realized how many rp's e can be made by not getting added on and killing crap over and over..Those solo kill=much rps Then they started spreading this don't add/respec the 1v1 campaign and others started to believe this crap. Especially other sins. Since now their rp's are going up.. The rp tick is crazy for classes that can obtain a decent number of solo kills per task. If you fight something, there should always be a threat to get attacked on/added on. That has always been part of the game, can be frustrating sure, but this 1v1 with no adding is stupid and thought up by a greeeeedy sin....

See SIN..SMASH SIN!!

Begin hate.

cuts

I didn't read any of the replies because the topic makes me die a little inside reading but you could not be any more off with your post. The only part you got right is we most of the time don't want people to add and here are some reasons why......
1. Most soloers dont play the game for RP's yes that's a bonus but I often let soft targets (casters, low RR, heal classes) go by without killing them because there is no challenge there.
2. We want good challenging fights. I would rather die 10 times fighting high RR hard fights then kill one RR4 shitter. That's why when you add to a good clean fight friend or foe we get annoyed.
3. Most of us didn't spend 200p + on our templates and hours mastering our class so we can faceroll across people mindlessly. Thats why we get annoyed.
4. Adding is not something that has always been part of the game. Sure it existed but there was a lot more respect circa 2002ish. Red is dead was less common mentality.
5. RP tick has 0 to do with why a person wants a clean fight. If i wanted big ticks i would go join zerg. I honestly do not think i have noticed a difference in ticks if get 1 kill or 7 kills in a hour.

I like to think of my self as a decent player and enjoy good fights and do ok. When I do inc on someone and see 4 other stealthers friend or foe unstealth and sprint to add its just very frustrating and most of the time i just /sit.

Also most likely wont check back on this post cause hearing dumb people reply is equally as frustrating.
Thu 11 Feb 2021 10:06 PM by Astaa
Rhox wrote:
Thu 11 Feb 2021 9:45 PM
cutbacks wrote:

See SIN..SMASH SIN!!

Begin hate.

cuts

I didn't read any of the replies because the topic makes me die a little inside reading but you could not be any more off with your post. The only part you got right is we most of the time don't want people to add and here are some reasons why......
1. Most soloers dont play the game for RP's yes that's a bonus but I often let soft targets (casters, low RR, heal classes) go by without killing them because there is no challenge there.
2. We want good challenging fights. I would rather die 10 times fighting high RR hard fights then kill one RR4 shitter. That's why when you add to a good clean fight friend or foe we get annoyed.
3. Most of us didn't spend 200p + on our templates and hours mastering our class so we can faceroll across people mindlessly. Thats why we get annoyed.
4. Adding is not something that has always been part of the game. Sure it existed but there was a lot more respect circa 2002ish. Red is dead was less common mentality.
5. RP tick has 0 to do with why a person wants a clean fight. If i wanted big ticks i would go join zerg. I honestly do not think i have noticed a difference in ticks if get 1 kill or 7 kills in a hour.

I like to think of my self as a decent player and enjoy good fights and do ok. When I do inc on someone and see 4 other stealthers friend or foe unstealth and sprint to add its just very frustrating and most of the time i just /sit.

Also most likely wont check back on this post cause hearing dumb people reply is equally as frustrating.

Nail, head, hit.

Personally I have done the high RP thing, done the lone enforcer on a solo visi thing, years ago. I just don't understand why most people play these days, all they seem to do is hunt RPs, for what though? They get more RPs and still just zerg and add and get zero challenge, they could do what they do at RR1 or RR11 and all they would be doing is basically just cheesing RPs, for nothing.

I'll take anyone on with my apparently scary RR6 hero, I get RR11s sossing, vanishing and all sorts because they are scared of a proper fight, it's bizarre.

I'm honestly losing the will to play now, the devs and GMs do a fantastic job, but the community just seems to be RP desperate garbage and like I said, I just don't understand why, RR doesn't make any difference to their playstyle, yet they seem desperate for RPs.

Having said all that, there was an amazing few days during the event where there were loads of decent fights with decent players, granted the vanish crew were out in force but on the whole, great fun, win or lose.
Fri 12 Feb 2021 7:47 AM by Patron
Do i get your stuff?

Why RR should influence my playstyle?
Why solo community not connect and build up a inofficial Duell place like AMG?

LIKE THE ROOF FROM KNOC
Fri 12 Feb 2021 11:12 AM by inoeth
always funny when adding ppl come to the forum and start shit talk about that "toxic behavior"
did you add and still got your ass kicked? haha lmao!
l2p
Tue 16 Feb 2021 1:03 AM by cutbacks
SO I log my friar for a week, and I respected the 1v1 for a while, but then I realized, most sins after losing hard won't fight me unless they have all ra's up, ok..I get that..But then when they are going to lose they vanish. So wth?!? You cant claim u want the challenge but then you vanish, or snare and run away..that's total bs....

And I noticed sins fight targets that they can easily win vs but .avoiding wars/mercs/zerks/other friars that know how to play vs them. How can u say its for a challenge when ,all i see is, them earning more rps by us not attacking and killing them...SO on bridges they are allow to be around hard targets safely while they attack soft targets...So I started to add exo/eriel/zig/savrune..didnt matter who..they had to start blowing ras to live and started to see less of them. So Ya...this whole thing of fair fights is bs
Tue 16 Feb 2021 3:13 AM by Hypno
Spec out of reflex attack 5 and people might not vanish
Tue 16 Feb 2021 7:36 AM by Sepplord
if someone beats the assassin, obviously it wasn't a fair fight...otherwise, how could the high skill elite gamer lose?
There also a thing that can be pointed out to justify hypocrisy, that's what it is built upon
Tue 16 Feb 2021 7:52 AM by Blitze
Hypno wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 3:13 AM

1. Spec outta reflex5, just means solos get IP5, which after they pop I’m putting money on cheeky vanish.

2. An assa has lvl 30 versions of most friar base n specc buffs, has ws/con poison, & easy weap switch. Assassins are stronger Vs friars (and many other classes) on this server than I can remember from playing live up to Lotm, Uthgard 1,2 & Genesis.

3. Reflex got its huge nerf, it’s worse here than any of server/patch level in DAoC history.
Tue 16 Feb 2021 8:08 AM by utaz
it's time to nerf assasins, there's way too many
Tue 16 Feb 2021 8:42 AM by inoeth
cutbacks wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 1:03 AM
SO I log my friar for a week, and I respected the 1v1 for a while, but then I realized, most sins after losing hard won't fight me unless they have all ra's up, ok..I get that..But then when they are going to lose they vanish. So wth?!? You cant claim u want the challenge but then you vanish, or snare and run away..that's total bs....

And I noticed sins fight targets that they can easily win vs but .avoiding wars/mercs/zerks/other friars that know how to play vs them. How can u say its for a challenge when ,all i see is, them earning more rps by us not attacking and killing them...SO on bridges they are allow to be around hard targets safely while they attack soft targets...So I started to add exo/eriel/zig/savrune..didnt matter who..they had to start blowing ras to live and started to see less of them. So Ya...this whole thing of fair fights is bs

fighting against refelx attack has nothing to do with "challenge"
Tue 16 Feb 2021 8:43 AM by inoeth
Blitze wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 7:52 AM
Hypno wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 3:13 AM

1. Spec outta reflex5, just means solos get IP5, which after they pop I’m putting money on cheeky vanish.

2. An assa has lvl 30 versions of most friar base n specc buffs, has ws/con poison, & easy weap switch. Assassins are stronger Vs friars (and many other classes) on this server than I can remember from playing live up to Lotm, Uthgard 1,2 & Genesis.

3. Reflex got its huge nerf, it’s worse here than any of server/patch level in DAoC history.

still strong enough to beat assassins while afk lol
Tue 16 Feb 2021 11:44 AM by Hypno
Visual uses :

IP3-4
Purge
ST
TWF
Whatever OP class ability they have

Assassin uses :

Vanish to reset fight, and they are now diseased and they run away
Tue 16 Feb 2021 1:28 PM by Tommylad
Archers are usually confronted with this...."Wah wah wah wah wah ......you added ....Wah wah wah wah.".....or ....."Wah wah wah ....you saw I was in trouble why didn't you help....wah wah wah..........."....This is an RvR game, if you don't like it find another game to play, or see if your Grampappy will let you loose on his Game Boy :-)
Tue 16 Feb 2021 1:46 PM by Blitze
I don’t know why people hate on archers... their class abilities make them absolutely brilliant adders and not much else.

@Horg you ever seen a Friar afk reflex a lvl 50 assasin to death (post-nerf)
Tue 16 Feb 2021 1:57 PM by cutbacks
I don't run with RA5, I use RA3..
Tue 16 Feb 2021 2:54 PM by Sepplord
a friar having RA5 is just as fine as an assassin vanishing out of a losing fight

what ridiculous is that some people try to ride the high horse clamoring they are looking for challenges and good fights only, scoff at using vanish in a 1vs1 but then use vanish because "insert hypocritical reason here"

I have also yet to see any of those proclaimed challenging seeking soloers backing out of a fight they are roflstomping. Seems like unfair fights are mostly an issue when they are losing them
Tue 16 Feb 2021 3:51 PM by inoeth
Blitze wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 1:46 PM
I don’t know why people hate on archers... their class abilities make them absolutely brilliant adders and not much else.

@Horg you ever seen a Friar afk reflex a lvl 50 assasin to death (post-nerf)

well i fought you and exploded in seconds.... thats why i dont attack you and other FA ppl anymore
Tue 16 Feb 2021 3:53 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 16 Feb 2021 2:54 PM
a friar having RA5 is just as fine as an assassin vanishing out of a losing fight

what ridiculous is that some people try to ride the high horse clamoring they are looking for challenges and good fights only, scoff at using vanish in a 1vs1 but then use vanish because "insert hypocritical reason here"

I have also yet to see any of those proclaimed challenging seeking soloers backing out of a fight they are roflstomping. Seems like unfair fights are mostly an issue when they are losing them

i dont say thats not true but as i said earlier the unfair thing is they attack you, vanish and hope other players kill you on purpose... so they escape a fight and still get the rp

and btw before somebody comes up with "you play sb yourself" yes, but i never ever speced vanish, need the points for important, non coward, stuff
Tue 16 Feb 2021 6:07 PM by Astaa
People vanish because they can't face dying, and it's a free way of backing out of a poor choice in opponent, nothing more.

And before people whine about IP, if it wasn't for dot ticking for 105 throughout the ~1 minute fight then it wouldn't be necessary (I have IP2). I have huge parry stats (45ish % vs some) and I can barely get hit and still lose.

I have no issue with viper, as you can counter it with moose/healing, there is zero counter to tryhards vanishing every single fight.
Sat 6 Mar 2021 11:38 PM by Ishamhael
I know that this discussion is as long as DAoC exists.
But here are my 2 Cents:

I have a great issue with "Nice Fighters" or "1v1 Enthusiasts".
Why? Because, they are harming their own Realm.

Example:

Alb1 fights against Hib 1
Alb 2 comes along and sees the both fighting...Alb 2 (1v1 Nice Fighter) sees, that his Mate is losing the fight.
Alb 2 does nothing and let Hib 1 win the Fight. And even After that Fught, Albs 2 is not attacking Hib 1. Because "it would not be fair".
So what has happend? Alb 2 made Sure, Hib 1 got RP and his own mate Alb 1 got NOTHING.

So Hib 1 could raise his Realm Rank with the help of alb 2

For me it has nothing to do with a nice or fair fight. It´s just traitoring his own Realm.
He helps enemy Players to get RP. This beavior should be penalted.

It´s a RvR Zone, not a 1v1 Zone.
"If it´s red, it´s dead"!!!!

Have a nice Day Guys

Edit: I have no Problem with "vanish"... it´s just a realm ability, the devs wanted...Like the Ministrels... all enemies hate them, but they a still in the game. I have to live with that.. As same as with vanish.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 12:43 AM by Patron
The great thing on the game we all love is, there are so many ways to play. And all the ways are right and good.
Ofc, sometimes colide the ways and then freedom of choice princip comes into game.

Daoc is great <3
Sun 7 Mar 2021 4:34 AM by Irkeno
Ishamhael wrote:
Sat 6 Mar 2021 11:38 PM
But here are my 2 Cents:

Example:

Alb 2 comes along and sees the both fighting...Alb 2 (1v1 Nice Fighter) sees, that his Mate is losing the fight.
Alb 2 does nothing and let Hib 1 win the Fight. And even After that Fught, Albs 2 is not attacking Hib 1. Because "it would not be fair".
So what has happend? Alb 2 made Sure, Hib 1 got RP and his own mate Alb 1 got NOTHING.

For me it has nothing to do with a nice or fair fight. It´s just traitoring his own Realm.

Have a nice Day Guys

Edit: I have no Problem with "vanish"... it´s just a realm ability, the devs wanted...Like the Ministrels... all enemies hate them, but they a still in the game. I have to live with that.. As same as with vanish.

This is basically just racism.

rather than letting 2 people enjoy a game, you'd prioritise your race, over their race, just because, rather than understanding if the two wanted to fight it out in a fair manner and settle their dispute (or enjoy the challenge of the game)

See below, i just replaced your 'realm' examples with 'black' and 'white' (nothing else)

Example:

White guy 1 fights against Black Guy 1
White guy 2 comes along and sees the both fighting...White guy 2 (1v1 Nice Fighter) sees, that his Mate is losing the fight.
White guy does nothing and let Black guy 1 win the Fight. And even After that Fught, White guy 2 is not attacking Black guy 1. Because "it would not be fair". {because he's not a racist}
So what has happend? White guy 2 made Sure, Black guy 1 got RP and his Fellow white 1 got NOTHING.

When you read it like that it does sound a lot like rather than just trying to enjoy the game, or the challenge of it, you're just prioritising your race over the other race.... awkward
Sun 7 Mar 2021 8:48 AM by Astaa
Irkeno wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 4:34 AM
Ishamhael wrote:
But here are my 2 Cents:

Example:

Have a nice Day Guys

rather than letting 2 people enjoy a game, you'd prioritise your race, over their race, just because, rather than understanding if the two wanted to fight it out in a fair manner and settle their dispute (or enjoy the challenge of the game)

See below, i just replaced your 'realm' examples with 'black' and 'white' (nothing else)

Example:

White guy 2 comes along and sees the both fighting...White guy 2 (1v1 Nice Fighter) sees, that his Mate is losing the fight.
White guy does nothing and let Black guy 1 win the Fight. And even After that Fught, White guy 2 is not attacking Black guy 1. Because "it would not be fair". {because he's not a racist}
So what has happend? White guy 2 made Sure, Black guy 1 got RP and his Fellow white 1 got NOTHING.

When you read it like that it does sound a lot like rather than just trying to enjoy the game, or the challenge of it, you're just prioritising your race over the other race.... awkward

Um, it's nothing like racism.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 9:28 AM by Patron
White guy 2 made Sure, Black guy 1 got RP and his Fellow white 1 got NOTHING.
I knew it for years, white people fighting black people for RP. Now its proofed! Yoe can read it in this Internet.

Ofc its not racism and what you did is a cheap rhetorik cheat to relevate and compare with a example which is far away from the coresituation.

Its not the nonadder fault his realmmate dies.
And everybody have the freedom to play daoc in own way.
Just dont expect others player playing your way.
This discussion is childish.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 9:57 AM by DarkDavion
Irkeno wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 4:34 AM
Ishamhael wrote:
But here are my 2 Cents:

Example:

Have a nice Day Guys

Example:

I'm a soloer but man..come on.. you suond like
Sun 7 Mar 2021 2:11 PM by lurker
It's quite simple really...

See a fight?
Consider briefly: does your realm mate want/need your help?
Act accordingly.

This shouldn't matter if your on a bridge or in the corner of uppland.

This is a 20 year old game, people have different playstyles, people play all realms, it's a small community, we are all 35+ (ish) in age. We should be able accommodate people where possible and, as adults, be reasonable.

You don't hurt your realm by allowing a Hib to get RPs. (As suggested above). You hurt your realm by ruining your fellow players enjoyment of the game in some way and causing them stopping playing. They may solo some of the time but they will be there defending your relics and keeps too. It's about having respect for your fellow players, if you wish to, nobody is forcing anybody.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 10:45 PM by Ishamhael
OmG...The Racism-Debate? Really? Here? *rolleyes"

Sorry i´m out.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 11:09 PM by easytoremember
There are people who only add if it's a lurikeen
Mon 8 Mar 2021 12:49 AM by JTaylor072
The only time adding really burns is when it’s close to the end of a really good fight that could have gone either way, especially against someone you know is a good player.
Mon 8 Mar 2021 5:58 PM by Magesty
Ishamhael wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 10:45 PM
OmG...The Racism-Debate? Really? Here? *rolleyes"

Sorry i´m out.

Considering how poorly the analogy is constructed I’d assume it is a troll. Fairly surprising the post hasn’t been moderated as that is an unmistakable invitation to a political discussion.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 8:42 AM by byron
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 11:09 PM
There are people who only add if it's a lurikeen

Lurikeen is the best race in Daoc (after Dwarf of course )
Tue 9 Mar 2021 3:15 PM by Chessdrag
Soloers don't like adds in their fights and don't add to other fights for their part.

Adders (or - as i like to call them - "normal players" accept or even appreciate adds in their fights and do add to other fights.

Both playstyles have to be accepted by everyone. Soloers can't be forced to join realmmates' fights with enemies and adders can't be forced to stay out of realmmates' fights with enemies.

I think that's the best compromise there will be on this topic. Also, if there was something like an innofficial "1v1 zone" outside heavy traffic areas, it should be regarded as asshole move to go adding or even zerging there. That's a community thing, though.

See you in Emain.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 4:53 PM by Noashakra
Both of them are fine in my book. IThe ones I can't stand is the people complaining when you add them when they added you or others many times before.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics