Auto hot key and Qbinds

Started 13 Jan 2021
by Dioc
in RvR
Is there a guide anywhere on how to set these up? I’m leveling up and assassin and I see videos and hear people talking about using both of these. Also, auto hot key can do multiple abilities at once for you with the press of one key? How does that differ from using back up abilities? Can you add a bunch of different styles to pressing only one button?

Thanks for any help.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 10:20 AM by Saroi
Search daoc autohotkey on youtube. You will find some videos, one guy is named Obelisk that explains it for different classes.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 11:47 AM by gotwqqd
I wish the devs here made it so you could do backup styles using /macro
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:47 PM by Noashakra
Dioc wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 7:27 AM
Is there a guide anywhere on how to set these up? I’m leveling up and assassin and I see videos and hear people talking about using both of these. Also, auto hot key can do multiple abilities at once for you with the press of one key? How does that differ from using back up abilities? Can you add a bunch of different styles to pressing only one button?

Thanks for any help.

You can, but it's not the magic tool that will allow you to do everything. You can back up as an example, the garrot chain and the evade chain on one key.
I use PA+Icestorm on tab, PA follow-up+Icestorm follow up+garrot chain and weapon 1st weapon switch (it's the only weapon swich I do with AHK) on A (azerty keyboard) and on E the last style of the PA chain + evade chain + garrot chain. I have other qbind/macro for BS2 and evade stun, but I will not go too deep into the details

The thing is, sometimes if you switch weapons just before a hit, not all the imputs will register, and you will miss a style. So if you are really good with your fingers, try to keep the actions short with AHK.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:21 PM by gotwqqd
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:47 PM
Dioc wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 7:27 AM

Thanks for any help.

You can, but it's not the magic tool that will allow you to do everything. You can back up as an example, the garrot chain and the evade chain on one key.
I use PA+Icestorm on tab, PA follow-up+Icestorm follow up+garrot chain and weapon 1st weapon switch (it's the only weapon swich I do with AHK) on A (azerty keyboard) and on E the last style of the PA chain + evade chain + garrot chain. I have other qbind/macro for BS2 and evade stun, but I will not go too deep into the details

The thing is, sometimes if you switch weapons just before a hit, not all the imputs will register, and you will miss a style. So if you are really good with your fingers, try to keep the actions short with AHK.

How do you use backup with the qbind and macro
Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:23 PM by Sepplord
he wasn't quoting you...
Wed 13 Jan 2021 3:10 PM by Noashakra
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:21 PM

You qbind the two styles. You don't want to use keys you would use to write with another one.
Don't mix A and E in AHK otherwise each time you type A in the chat it will write AE.

Here is an example of what I do for PA and ice storm as a back up :

;perforate A
$tab::
send, {tab}{f11}
return

Tab is the qbind for PA and Ice Storm is F11. So when I press tab, it will send tab+F11

This is the whole stuff I do with my BM as an example :

;Noashakrah

RETURN
#UseHook
#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC

;Peel back side
r::
send, r{up}{f3}{f2}
return

;Deal anytime Side
e::
send, e{up}{ins}{f7}{f5}{f1}
return

;Fire blade
a::
send, a{up}{end}{f2}{down}
return

;Slam
<::
send, <{up}{f11}{right}
return

#UseHook off

As an example :

;Slam
send, <{up}{f11}{right}
return

It sends stick (up) + slam (f11) + protec (right), so if i use it on an enemy it will slam and on an ally it will apply protection. "<" isn't bound to anything, you need to put it there otherwise you can't use it in the chat.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 3:22 PM by boridi
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 3:10 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 2:21 PM

You qbind the two styles. You don't want to use keys you would use to write with another one.
Don't mix A and E in AHK otherwise each time you type A in the chat it will write AE.

Here is an example of what I do for PA and ice storm as a back up :

;perforate A
$tab::
send, {tab}{f11}
return

Tab is the qbind for PA and Ice Storm is F11. So when I press tab, it will send tab+F11

This is the whole stuff I do with my BM as an example :

;Noashakrah

RETURN
#UseHook
#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC

;Peel back side
r::
send, r{up}{f3}{f2}
return

;Deal anytime Side
e::
send, e{up}{ins}{f7}{f5}{f1}
return

;Fire blade
a::
send, a{up}{end}{f2}{down}
return

;Slam
send, <{up}{f11}{right}
return

#UseHook off

As an example :

;Slam
send, <{up}{f11}{right}
return

It sends stick (up) + slam (f11) + protec (right), so if i use it on an enemy it will slam and on an ally it will apply protection. "<" isn't bound to anything, you need to put it there otherwise you can't use it in the chat.

Does the PA button press send at the exact same time as the side stun button press? If I tried to do this manually by hitting both buttons, either one or the other would go first, so it wouldn't work unless I press the correct one first.

PS: Shadowblades need side stun!
Wed 13 Jan 2021 5:05 PM by Dioc
How would I write one for PA, where I could spam the PA key and it would constantly scan for the nearest target?
Wed 13 Jan 2021 5:06 PM by WildWilbur
Why not simply buy a programmable mouse?

Dioc wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 5:05 PM
How would I write one for PA, where I could spam the PA key and it would constantly scan for the nearest target?

One could get the impression that you want to let a software play the game for you. No offense ofc
Wed 13 Jan 2021 5:50 PM by Dioc
Being competitive lol. I figured out most of them so far. I have PA qbinded to Q, just need to add an auto hot key for nearest target but have not found that yet.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 5:51 PM by Stoertebecker
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 11:47 AM
I wish the devs here made it so you could do backup styles using /macro

And a autoplay option like in modern games?
Wed 13 Jan 2021 6:50 PM by Noashakra
Dioc wrote:
Wed 13 Jan 2021 5:05 PM

Bad idea your weapons will be drawn all the time and you will hit before the PA imput is sent.

Does the PA button press send at the exact same time as the side stun button press? If I tried to do this manually by hitting both buttons, either one or the other would go first, so it wouldn't work unless I press the correct one first.

No it doesn't, you need to be at a certain distance for this to work. If you are too close, only the PA will register, and the side stun will register after the hit, that's why, it's not a magical solution.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 7:55 PM by Taniquetil
The most you really want to be doing on ahk is parts of the same chain, for example Garrote and Achilles, even that’s not great as you sometimes want to garotte spam to keep someone in combat. Anything else gives you less flexibility.

You cant legally do an auto target+pa because you’d need a loop, and that’s a ban, and you wouldnt want to either since in most scenarios youre not really perfectly facing your opponent for PA on most stealth incs, so you basically need to just work on reactions and hitting nearest target, turning to position and quickly PAing.

Dunno about you but if i mash nearest target too much my computer lags as well, could just be me though, but also no bueno.

Basically

Button you want to press::
Send, {button you /qbinded 2nd part of chain to} {button you /qbinded 1st part of chain to}
Return

A::
Send, {b}{c}
Return

Anything more and you lack flexibility in a fight and it’ll hurt you more than anything.
Sat 16 Jan 2021 8:19 AM by dbeattie71
I personally wouldn’t ahk next target but you can, you don’t need a loop, it’s just another key press.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 10:12 PM by bigne88
I used ahk for a year on phoenix. If done it right (which needs some game knowledges and macromaking skill) makes life easier and stuff, yea.
For sure wont make you a better player and most of all, you will never be as precise and versatile as adopting the standard method. Good /qbinds are way more importants.
It is really usefull on every kind of classes to bind mouse buttons, tough.

For melees it worked amazingly good for savage and warriors (8v8 specs, no fancy solo stuff).
It took quite more time to make it work for blademaster and valewalker, and still it can be a bit unreliable.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics