After the changes....any classes take a decent step up solo or group?

Started 12 Jan 2021
by gotwqqd
in RvR
Anyone find any increase in class “power” either with traditional spec or new spec?

Solo?
Group?
Tue 12 Jan 2021 11:18 AM by inoeth
atm id say solo thane got buffed due to 40% debuff proc
sm has a great debuff synergy with rm and thane now so probably good choice for a caster setup
Tue 12 Jan 2021 12:27 PM by Losrenatus
Mana Menta got worse. The single dots now only tick 2 times every 5sec.. that is not practicable PVP or PVE. Dot are useless now. I dont care the NS and new baseline DD
Tue 12 Jan 2021 1:14 PM by Sepplord
Losrenatus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 12:27 PM
Mana Menta got worse. The single dots now only tick 2 times every 5sec.. that is not practicable PVP or PVE. Dot are useless now. I dont care the NS and new baseline DD
Was something about that changed? Sure you don't have a misconception there?
Even then, 2ticks in 5seconds sounds MORE not LESS than they tick (but that is just a feeling...not an investigated claim)
Tue 12 Jan 2021 1:52 PM by Freedomcall
Losrenatus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 12:27 PM

If you are talking about baseline dot, it was originally supposed to tick every 5 sec for 4 times.
I just tested it on a dummy and it is working fine.
Tue 12 Jan 2021 6:30 PM by joshisanonymous
As a Dark SM, my solo situation has not changed a bit since this was always a good spec for soloing. I can't say much for grouping as I've always just grouped with guildies to help with war efforts so I've never had an issue getting a group.

I will say that the debuff and baseline spirit nuke have increased my damage quite a bit and I at least feel like I could be a major asset to caster groups now. (To be honest, I've alwys felt like SMs were a major asset because of stat debuffs and pet clearing ability, but 8mans seem to disagree so I might be missing something there.)

What I'm more excited about is the interaction between Summoning and Suppression now. I can go back to playing Summoning but with Supp as my sub now or go Supp spec and boost my pet a lot instead of subbing Dark for the baseline nuke. There are simply a lot more options for SMs with these changes.
Wed 13 Jan 2021 6:18 AM by Pingyongyang
For Mid Dark SM is the clear winner for groupability. Their debuff makes all Supp casters more viable in groups. The inclusion of Dark SM in more group combinations give Mid groups strength with a 2nd AE mezzer, self heal LT'er, AE dex/qui debuff, and a stun pet.

For actually becoming more powerful I think Supp BD is the winner as even without a Dark SM in your group the. power of speccing highest LT, highest heal pets, and having a reliable nuke has been quite nice for me switching from full dark for the first time. This has made a huge difference for as I am hard to kill and pack a punch with LT and spirit nuke. It won't be like having 2 Warmages for damage, but it is nothing to shake a stick at either.

Thane for groupability seems like the second biggest winner with getting Dashing Defense, and now Dark SM as potentially a more common centerpiece, can debuff their energy nukes.

Third seems the groupability for a variety of Mid casters that the energy/spirit Dark SM debuff will help:
Supp RM - reb pbt + red nearsight, + red single/AE 35% snare nuke, + spirit nuke
Supp BD - high LT + high heal pets + spirit nuke
Any Supp or Split spec SM - yellow PBAE, AE str/con debuff, + spirit nuke

Some group possibilities now:
Thane, Dark SM, 3 Supp BDs, Shaman, Skald, Healer (4 group members can heal self with LT, healer pets). The amount of pets in this group finally stands close to Alb pet spam.

Thane, Dark SM, Supp RM, [Supp BD, or Zerk/Sav] Shaman, Skald, 2 Healers (reb pbt, red nearsight, 35% snare single/AE nukes for helping deal with melee )
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics