/tag

Started 30 Dec 2020
by inoeth
in RvR
has anyone tried this new command? seems like its either not working or nobody cares at all.
what is the amount of RP you gain with it? i somehow doubt its better than adding?

Guten Tag
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:06 PM by Sagz
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 4:59 PM
has anyone tried this new command? seems like its either not working or nobody cares at all.
what is the amount of RP you gain with it? i somehow doubt its better than adding?

Guten Tag

Tried it, pain to tag when they are running away a lot of times cause the range is like 1200 units and the RPs are inconsequential, the bonus is 25% of the next kill, so if you kill someone in your later fights twice in a long drawn out fight, 2nd time they are worth 0, and 25% of 0 = 0, and it uses 1 of your bonuses on the 0.

Not to mention, if you let them live and /tag, they add on your fight then you have to kill them anyway.

Not really thought out imho.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:10 PM by Uthred
Since the implementation it was used more than 600 times succesfully.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:14 PM by ExcretusMaximus
I don't know about EU time, but in NA the action is so limited that we tagged so many people the first night it was out that we couldn't use all our "bonus" realm points so we actually lost out on RP.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:28 PM by Sagz
Uthred wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:10 PM

Yea not saying it hasn't been used, its new, that can be expected, success means you tagged correct? because the RP bonus is not a success imo.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 6:20 PM by Aprox
got rolled over several times instead of getting tagged. Therefore it does not fulfill its purpose...atleast not for me.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:33 PM by Uthred
Sagz wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:28 PM
Uthred wrote:

Yea not saying it hasn't been used, its new, that can be expected, success means you tagged correct? because the RP bonus is not a success imo.
Succesfully meaning in this case: more than 600 times players got rps for not killing solos/smallman.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:58 PM by Sepplord
Just because it doesn't stop being rolled completely (which nothing ever will) every succesful usage is an improvement because every saved fight is an improvement

About the 600usages, are that 600tags...or 600tags that led to an RP-bonus?
(EDIT: already answered, and double confirmed by uthred, 600 uses that led to players getting the RP bonus)

The RP Bonus itself is imo big enough, maybe have it apply until a flatamount is paid out, so people can't miss Out Just because THEIR Fights get added too and net less RP
Wed 30 Dec 2020 9:23 PM by Simon73
Uthred wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:33 PM
Sagz wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 5:28 PM
Uthred wrote:

Succesfully meaning in this case: more than 600 times players got rps for not killing solos/smallman.

Is the timer really 90 secs? don't think is enough, groups especially during day will inc them anyway if timer is so little
Wed 30 Dec 2020 9:25 PM by inoeth
well i did not experience a single time where someone just ran by and /tag tbh
but maybe ppl already hate me for consequent solo attitude... who knows?
Wed 30 Dec 2020 10:29 PM by Uthred
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:58 PM
About the 600usages, are that 600tags...or 600tags that led to an RP-bonus?

Uthred wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 7:33 PM
Or in other different words: more than 600 tags led to an rp bonus.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 11:05 PM by Sepplord
thanks for double clarification, i hadn't seen your first reply
Thu 31 Dec 2020 5:11 AM by LrdRahl
(As far as I know) I have never been tagged and still rolled over by 8 mans...

However I don't expect that a change like this is going to make everything relating to solos, 8 mans, and RvR do a full 180.

600 Times since it was put in? Thats awesome in my book. Its an incredibly frustrating problem and a challenge to try and balance it right, and even then sometimes the urge to kill is too strong to not smash anything I see. The attempt alone proves that all of your concerns are being addressed by the devs, is it perfect? Does it need to be? Could it ever be?
Thu 31 Dec 2020 6:04 PM by soremir
I've been tagged a few times now. So it seems to be working! I love that it now tells you when you are tagged and gives you the names of the kind souls!
Fri 1 Jan 2021 2:24 PM by opossum12
Had my first fg (hoinz) do a 180 when seeing me run around solo, allowed me to get a clean 1v1 15 seconds later

First time this ever happened to me.

I don't think it'll change anything for respected soloers and stealthers (because stealthers are universally hated) but for unknown soloers (like me) I feel it will have the biggest impact
Fri 1 Jan 2021 4:15 PM by stewbeedoo
This is a creative way to encourage respecting others playstyles.

Nice job Devs!!
Fri 1 Jan 2021 8:23 PM by Iuppiter
I've been in groups where we successfully /tag soloers/small. It has been a nice change of pace to see at least the idea of respecting soloers/smallmans (albeit for ulterior motives) planted in some players' minds. I will say the limited range will take an adjustment for both taggees and taggers using the command; there have been multiple instances where we run to /tag and the player perceives it as the group about to roll over them and so they start to mezz/dmg/engage, but my hope is that if the command continues to be used players will adjust. Overall I've been happy with the change and I hope it boosts the soloer/smallman game in the long run! Now if only more smallmans would use the fairfight list...
Sat 2 Jan 2021 9:32 PM by Sepplord
Our 3man got chased across two Times by an Alb guildgrp before i got caught/broke their Speed. Half killed ne and i rooted one, the Rest chased my friends for a good minute before they turned and regrouped.

Not just ranting but want to ask about the mechanics there:

If they tag one person, do they tag the whole group?

If all groupmembers are tagged (individually or with one command) and they kill one member, do they lose tag on the whole group?

If they tag us and a different group rolls us, do the first still get the Bonus?

If 5groups tag us in a row, do they all get the Bonus?
Sun 3 Jan 2021 12:30 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I haven't been tagged once in the last week, in about 50 solo deaths; apparently EU players don't care about the system.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 7:18 AM by nixxo87
/tag is a joke, still getting rolled solo by high rr groups.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 7:43 AM by WiLLiL
Make /tag work otherway. Solo/duo/trio using tag and they get rp boost when full group ganks them down. Also rp reduction Buff for for that full group members 😁
Sun 3 Jan 2021 7:50 AM by Blitze
I am yet to be tagged... I am hoping the system is getting adjusted too, but who knows, perhaps my lil 200rps Friar candy is too tempting!
Sun 3 Jan 2021 2:44 PM by Sagz
Blitze wrote:
Sun 3 Jan 2021 7:50 AM
I am yet to be tagged... I am hoping the system is getting adjusted too, but who knows, perhaps my lil 200rps Friar candy is too tempting!

To some people yea i bet its better than the 50 or so on your next kill, unless of course that people died twice in a fight and you get 25% of 0. It works both ways, you let small mans and solos live and you start fighting, they jump in, so where you could of killed them and not had issues with adds, you let them live and have to try to kill them anyway or risk losing an otherwise reasonable fair fight.
Sun 3 Jan 2021 5:18 PM by Tamy
Not a single /tag, hasn't changed anything for me unfortunately. It even seems the adding/zerging/ganking got worst the last few weeks but I guess that's mostly due to second lockdowns and holidays.

I would be more than happy with a hastenerpot for bp's (similar to live server) or a significant reduce of the 1min timer from the (so far mostly useless) horse (to 15 or 20 sec).
Mobility is key for my solo visi life and the most dangerous part of my journey is getting that speed up again after a fight (ergo visiting high traffic zones like a dock).

At the same time you could reduce the disease duration from the stupidly 3min down to like 1.5min and I would be fine.

The adding/zerging/ganking will continue anyway and only flatten with a much steeper effort into new mechanics like bp/feather quests/mobs in the non-traffic zones to get ppl roaming (solo) away from the high-traffic zones. But I can understand that revenue and expense in that matter will probably be too high (no sarcasm).
Wed 6 Jan 2021 11:21 PM by Gotmagi
Tamy wrote:
Sun 3 Jan 2021 5:18 PM
Not a single /tag, hasn't changed anything for me unfortunately. It even seems the adding/zerging/ganking got worst the last few weeks but I guess that's mostly due to second lockdowns and holidays.

I would be more than happy with a hastenerpot for bp's (similar to live server) or a significant reduce of the 1min timer from the (so far mostly useless) horse (to 15 or 20 sec).
Mobility is key for my solo visi life and the most dangerous part of my journey is getting that speed up again after a fight (ergo visiting high traffic zones like a dock).

At the same time you could reduce the disease duration from the stupidly 3min down to like 1.5min and I would be fine.

The adding/zerging/ganking will continue anyway and only flatten with a much steeper effort into new mechanics like bp/feather quests/mobs in the non-traffic zones to get ppl roaming (solo) away from the high-traffic zones. But I can understand that revenue and expense in that matter will probably be too high (no sarcasm).

I fully agree with these points, the horses are useless in their current state and noone uses them. Adding speed pots would be very beneficial, could even adjust them to be yellow caster speed for fairness sake.
The disease duration is absurd, if you fight an assassin remotely close to any keep and win the fight with little hp left, they will just buff up, port back and find you stuck there at 5% hp and kill you.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 9:52 AM by inoeth
yes that happens alot! filthy bad losers should not get rewarded for that behavior lol
Thu 7 Jan 2021 10:12 PM by mhenfhis
I didnt notice anything
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics