"GvG Rules Require We Pull Off If Added"

Started 24 Dec 2020
by ExcretusMaximus
in RvR
No, they do not.

They require you do not add onto another GvG group, there is no rule saying you have to pull out of a fight at any time.

If you're going to abuse the system, at least know the rules you're "quoting."
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:31 AM by Astaa
Pulling of any fair fight that gets an add is perfectly reasonable, GVG or not.

But yeah, it's not necessarily part of the GvG rules.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:42 AM by ExcretusMaximus
You wanna pull off a fight, then pull of a fight, but don't claim you're required to do so, and for the love of god stop being a hypocrite and adding everything that isn't on your precious GvG list.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 9:01 AM by Astaa
Hey, I don't GvG and have no interest in GvG

'just say'in'
Thu 24 Dec 2020 4:26 PM by Kurbsen
No offense dude but i see you complain a lot about the list. How about instead just try it out and maybe gain some attention in the 8v8 world. It’s actually a lot of fun and very satisfying getting some clean fights in. You say that there is no requirement to pull off, sure, there is no official requirement. However, look at the situation differently here. Daoc is an extremely small community where you are fighting the majority of the same groups over and over and each person in these groups don’t want to be added/zerged down. No one wants that. The moment you start to not show your opponent any respect I will bet you that atleast one person will log from the group. Which will make it harder for that group to find a replacement and in turn make that group quit altogether. Basically long story short, if you don’t want to kill your own action. Then don’t zerg it down and show your enemy some respect. That is why 8 mans pull off of other 8 mans. Simple as that.

Now I can’t and won’t tell you what to do, but just realize that this is the way the game is and will be played and maybe you should adapt to the situation instead.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 5:23 PM by Sepplord
Ibwant to Open that i can understand and even sympathize with the pulling off of Fights. But why are you Guys even starting Fights in the Taskzone?
How is that supposed to work out when a good fairfight takes quite long and covers a huge area

Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 4:26 PM
.The moment you start to not show your opponent any respect I will bet you that atleast one person will log from the group

As soon as a group gets shown no respect at least one person logs off? Come on... You can't possible be serious that those claiming to be the Elite Players, the servers Creme de la Creme, the Epitome of Skill and coordination are such snowflakes that at least 1/8 logs that fast
(And If is also a bit circular Logic: we pull off because the unwritten rule is to pull off because if you don't pull Off the group falls apart because the rule is to pull off)

And If that is the case, then again, why would you even go into the Taskzone where the risk of being disrespected (or accidently disrespecting someone) is basically a given?

Now pleased don't get ne wrong, i appreciate that you tried in a friendly manner to explain why, but the explanation doesn't add up when considering GvG in the Taskzone and "disrespecting opponents" only counts for the small handpicked circle of players and you don't give a fuck about everyone else.
There are groups that respect a Fight either way, but that is one group i know of, maybe there are more playing at different timezones
Thu 24 Dec 2020 6:22 PM by Kurbsen
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 5:23 PM
Ibwant to Open that i can understand and even sympathize with the pulling off of Fights. But why are you Guys even starting Fights in the Taskzone?
How is that supposed to work out when a good fairfight takes quite long and covers a huge area

Kurbsen wrote:
.The moment you start to not show your opponent any respect I will bet you that atleast one person will log from the group

As soon as a group gets shown no respect at least one person logs off? Come on... You can't possible be serious that those claiming to be the Elite Players, the servers Creme de la Creme, the Epitome of Skill and coordination are such snowflakes that at least 1/8 logs that fast

honestly man youd be surprised at the amount of people that log after a few deaths. It happens more in pug groups tho. The group I run I require the people to stay for the full time we run. Have set time/days and if you are in youre committed otherwise ill find someone else to fill the spot. It can be hard to re-fill a group and find a person to fill the role. Ive tried pugging plenty of people and teaching them the ways, some learn, and then some others show up as a 50 nurture spec druid lol.

As for the starting fights in task zones. It basically has to be done. There is simply not enough action for pure 8v8 only fights. If it were up to me I would be making EV a GVG island where any realm can fight any realm, but it simply wont happen like that. Some reasons that people go to task zone. 1) not enough action for pure 8v8. 2) youre grp just died 3 times in a row and to build morale up you need a change of scenery otherwise your group will be full tilt. 3) Some people just simply dodge certain groups and the groups they dodged go looking for them. Those are just a few reasons at top of my head that they do.

I also want to state that my group will try to respect solo and smallman as much as possible, but sometimes the DPS slips and I cant control them. Been many times ive yelled at my group for killing a solo/small.. I honestly hate it and I think its a huge disadvantage for the group that hit. You lose speed, maybe your static bubble is down now and bam a group comes out of no where and hits you. I try my best to let solos and any fairfights be, but If i see someone getting 1v3'd or something I might even out the odds. It all depends whats around you at the time.

I totally get why pulling off is fustrating to some people but its more of a morale thing for the people you are fighting. The groups want each other to have fun and they want good fights, and if you zerg groups down then in turn the zerging groups fun might dwindle down due to lower action. I am a NA player so this is what I see. I cannot speak for EU timezone because my group only runs EU one day a week on the weekend.

Feel free to come into my stream sometime and see the way we run. For the most part we try to be as fair as possible, but sometimes shit happens lol
Thu 24 Dec 2020 6:40 PM by thirian24
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 4:52 AM
No, they do not.

They require you do not add onto another GvG group, there is no rule saying you have to pull out of a fight at any time.

If you're going to abuse the system, at least know the rules you're "quoting."

TLDR - We want to add and zerg everything we see and some people are capable of preventing us from doing that. It’s not fair!!!1
Thu 24 Dec 2020 8:26 PM by omicidi
Here’s the deal, these rules that the GM spelled out are the basic, bottom line we have to follow rules.

The community sets up more stringent rules to follow, mainly for what kurbsen wrote out. So yes, they are in-fact rules that we follow within the community.

If you have an issue with it, then try it out. You’ll find that it’s actually a far more enjoyable daoc experience once your name and group is known and an invisible barrier is placed around your fight and other groups don’t add.

This is a dumb thread.
Thu 24 Dec 2020 10:09 PM by Sepplord
Thanks Kursen dir the open words and more detailed Insight. Following is worded towards you but May/might not apply to you (Just talking as If you are now the GvG Ambassador 😘

I get what you mean and in a random PUG people often leave early. I even understand that after wiped morale needs to be built and the zergzone is appropriate for it.

But that doesn't explain why multiple GvG groups roam there AND why they expect GvG Fights If they GI there for a Change and moraleboost...

If a group dodges yours, why follows them....apparently they don't want to fight you.
And not enough action so taskzone is a must?
I Always thought the GvG Community was pretty Hardcore and enduring. Just sadly often dominantes by elitist...but not that they would shy away from a bit If effort If it resulted in a good Fight.

The smallmen fairfight list is Barren and dir weeks ihr group is the only one in the friday/saturday evening timeslot (mostly 4man bracket) and when a single other group shows there WE immediatly go to a smallman zone and crosscross the border so they can find us... Do GvG groups not so that?
A few Weekend ago WE got our ass handed to us by an Alb 4man. But we went back and fought them 5times before a debate started that we are just worse than them. We made maybe 3-5k RP/hr for 90minutes but it was still fun because the fights we're good. (Ofcourse winning would have been even more fun😉
Last friday there was aztecs with an Alb Trio listed and we also fought them multiple times. They came back despite losing every time (damn strong and skilled, put up a far too hard fight for being one man down). And remind yourself, there is no /Cleanfight RP reward for smallmen... loser goes empty

I always assumed it would work similarly "at the top" with the bonus that you can just farm everything else in the side too. Not sure where i am going with this rambling rant, i am no saint, we add in taskzones and Docks or near the Zerg etc... We kill solos that cross our paths etc... I am Not trying to put myself in a pedastal.

It's just that WHEN there finally comes an opportunity to fight a similar minded and sized group we Put in effort to make that Fight Happen. The GvG groups claim they are looking for auch fights but apparently the circlejerk that it's only about maximising RP is more true than i assumed. (Ofcourse RPs are also Important....gotta chase the progress...but in GvG Fights even the loser gets decent RPs)

Okay but enough...drunken Christmas rant over and out
Fri 25 Dec 2020 4:57 AM by Freudinio
Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 6:22 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 5:23 PM

Kurbsen wrote:

honestly man youd be surprised at the amount of people that log after a few deaths. It happens more in pug groups tho. The group I run I require the people to stay for the full time we run. Have set time/days and if you are in youre committed otherwise ill find someone else to fill the spot. It can be hard to re-fill a group and find a person to fill the role. Ive tried pugging plenty of people and teaching them the ways, some learn, and then some others show up as a 50 nurture spec druid lol.

As for the starting fights in task zones. It basically has to be done. There is simply not enough action for pure 8v8 only fights. If it were up to me I would be making EV a GVG island where any realm can fight any realm, but it simply wont happen like that. Some reasons that people go to task zone. 1) not enough action for pure 8v8. 2) youre grp just died 3 times in a row and to build morale up you need a change of scenery otherwise your group will be full tilt. 3) Some people just simply dodge certain groups and the groups they dodged go looking for them. Those are just a few reasons at top of my head that they do.

I also want to state that my group will try to respect solo and smallman as much as possible, but sometimes the DPS slips and I cant control them. Been many times ive yelled at my group for killing a solo/small.. I honestly hate it and I think its a huge disadvantage for the group that hit. You lose speed, maybe your static bubble is down now and bam a group comes out of no where and hits you. I try my best to let solos and any fairfights be, but If i see someone getting 1v3'd or something I might even out the odds. It all depends whats around you at the time.

I totally get why pulling off is fustrating to some people but its more of a morale thing for the people you are fighting. The groups want each other to have fun and they want good fights, and if you zerg groups down then in turn the zerging groups fun might dwindle down due to lower action. I am a NA player so this is what I see. I cannot speak for EU timezone because my group only runs EU one day a week on the weekend.

Feel free to come into my stream sometime and see the way we run. For the most part we try to be as fair as possible, but sometimes shit happens lol

I absolutely agree with your sentiment about making EV a GVG island.

For most of your other points, I just feel you are built different than most GVG groups out there. Let me give you an example:

Recently I watched a GVG Stream from a certain hib guild. They are fighting an alb group and and other hibs pile in. They pull off and all is well. They then run past an alb group fighting a mid group and debate for 5-8 seconds if they should "hit it", but it turns out they know a guy in one of the groups, so they don't. They then immediately spot a solo norseman, whom they chase down and kill, just be inc'ed from behind and murdered.

I play EU Primetime though, so our quality of GVG groups might just be shit /shrugs.
Fri 25 Dec 2020 3:02 PM by ExcretusMaximus
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 6:40 PM
TLDR - We want to add and zerg everything we see and some people are capable of preventing us from doing that. It’s not fair!!!1

Actually, we've been bypassing every fight we see, whether it be a GvG group or not, because we're not a bunch of hypocrites who only respect those who respect us. But hey, keep imagining you know everything, seems to work for you.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 1:33 PM by Hector
The solution to this is simple. Put your group on the list.

There is no excuse that makes sense other than you're dodging the groups on the list. You don't actually want a clean fight what you're really saying by not listing is that you want a clean fight vs a s**tter group in the task zone and if a GVG group happens to catch you while you're trying to feed on some random region pug, you get upset because thats the very group type you're dodging.

Last night there were 11 groups on the list NA all in EV available for a fair fight. If you dodge and cry about it when the groups run you down because you're too scared to come fight then that's on you.

List from last night: https://imgur.com/a/xoxEd36
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:16 PM by Noashakra
Sorry, most of the people are not into arranged fights. Yes, a lot of people send their location to others on this list through discord...

Also, you know what is challenging in DAOC for some people? To overcome the odds. Having a small man / group add you, transforming your 8vs8 in to a 8vs10+, that's the real challenge.

Dodging the groups on the list if you are not in the gvg lmao. You are really into your delusion. In the mean time, the groups on your list jump on every 1vs1 they find, and at the same time speaking about fair fights and challenge. Fucking bunch of hypocrites.

You can't say you are after easy rps in a task zone, it would go after your narrative If you really wanted "challenge" and "clean fights" you would not go on a task zone #facts.
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:26 PM by Hector
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:16 PM
Sorry, most of the people are not into arranged fights. Yes, a lot of people send their location to others on this list through discord...

Also, you know what is challenging in DAOC for some people? To overcome the odds. Having a small man / group add you, transforming your 8vs8 in to a 8vs10+, that's the real challenge.

Dodging the groups on the list if you are not in the gvg lmao. You are really into your delusion. In the mean time, the groups on your list jump on every 1vs1 they find, and at the same time speaking about fair fights and challenge. Fucking bunch of hypocrites.

You can't say you are after easy rps in a task zone, it would go after your narrative If you really wanted "challenge" and "clean fights" you would not go on a task zone #facts.

Perhaps you're blind but during NA time (as evidenced by that screenshot) the entire list stayed in EV for 2+ hours. Overcome the odds.. yeah okay you just want to fight 10 s**tters. Lol
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:48 PM by Noashakra
Hector wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:26 PM
Perhaps you're blind but during NA time (as evidenced by that screenshot) the entire list stayed in EV for 2+ hours. Overcome the odds.. yeah okay you just want to fight 10 s**tters. Lol

Nope, we actually like doing 8vs10+, and we don't disengage a fight because another player attacked our back for 50dmg.
You can continue with all your amazing ideas about how to kill the server asap now :p
Wed 30 Dec 2020 4:08 PM by Sagz
Hector wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 1:33 PM
The solution to this is simple. Put your group on the list.

There is no excuse that makes sense other than you're dodging the groups on the list. You don't actually want a clean fight what you're really saying by not listing is that you want a clean fight vs a s**tter group in the task zone and if a GVG group happens to catch you while you're trying to feed on some random region pug, you get upset because thats the very group type you're dodging.

Last night there were 11 groups on the list NA all in EV available for a fair fight. If you dodge and cry about it when the groups run you down because you're too scared to come fight then that's on you.

List from last night: https://imgur.com/a/xoxEd36

Well that's an exception, normally there is 2-3 groups on the list, and most of the groups who "list" only list on their rr8+ groups, they don't list on the their rr4 and below re roll groups. I did said most, your group is an exception, you always list no matter what the RR. If the GvG list was always that hopping, you wouldn't see these groups in task zones or playing with the coast guard.

The list is basically an excuse to jam people, and shield from getting jammed, people who jam are going to jam, simple enough, they don't deserve respect because they put their group on a "list". Some groups do not list because they want to roam and fight what they see for the quick random action and have to make quick adjustments mid fight with small man adds and soloers adding, I don't think its a big deal, etc or they have about 3 random pugs who they don't play with normally on a mix/matched put whatever you can put together to be serviceable group, So you can jam them all day, whether they respect your fights or not, make them log, that makes sense, goes back to , groups that are going to jam, will jam, that's just who they are.

If some of these groups who listed were true 8v8 groups back in the day, they would realize you don't need to list, there would be a mutual respect, and they wouldn't be roaming docks killing soloers and small mans because they know a "listed" group wont come to try to kill them because they cant jam a "listed" group or cant claim the fight.

Every night we don't have 8, I try to small man, and all I see is listed groups chasing down small mans clear across a zone and roaming tasks. You are right cause the population is down, but whats the point to "list"ing, to roam task and kill small mans and /yell when you get and add and complain people interfere with you.

I do agree the action is slow for NA prime, you either have a 3 group mid zerg roaming the task, occasional small mans, or a low populated list and when a group re rolls and has a bunch of sub 4 RR tanks, going to fight the same RR9+ caster group 7 times in a row and doing nothing else is not my idea of fun
Sat 9 Jan 2021 6:26 PM by Svekt
I have done both GVG and Non GVG. GvG has too many rules and stopping a fight mid fight because somebody /yells kills the game for me. At this point if you can’t handle adds you shouldn’t be a guild group. Any problems that GVG is having now is a result of actions they chose. People actively seek to destroy GvG groups and fights because GVG go out of their way to farm task zones etc so that they can have their cake and eat it too. It kills me how people still complain about adds in a task zone... like wtf did you think was going to happen when you tried to have a clean gvg fight in literally the most populated zone in NF at the time.....

Keep it or leave it, I’m just going to keep pulling to the outside of the fight , inverting the AJ and killing what I can before dropping. Then, because it’s just a game I’ll get back up and do it again after I die. How you respond to adds defines you as a group in my opinion.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics