Re: You need to do something with assasins

the quote reads like "X needs a buff, believe me, the buff is for me" (as if asking for a buff for yourself somehow increases credibility)

and losing a fight as a range-hybrid VS a melee, that is higher-RR AND hit their positional--stealthopener is also kind of not a good argument


Not sure if you guys are being serious, or if i fell into the trolltrap...but...yeah

Re: You need to do something with assasins

Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 3:46 PM
the quote reads like "X needs a buff, believe me, the buff is for me" (as if asking for a buff for yourself somehow increases credibility)

and losing a fight as a range-hybrid VS a melee, that is higher-RR AND hit their positional--stealthopener is also kind of not a good argument


Not sure if you guys are being serious, or if i fell into the trolltrap...but...yeah

First of all, i'm not hybrid, either range, i'm full melee. running with 6 swords.
Second, I said that the matchup is not tight at all. i'm not saying to boost archers to grant a 50% to win against them... i just emphasize the fact that melee rangers are pretty weak, and they dont should be that far.
yea i know, the example wasnt a good one, but if you read again properly, 0% chance (+ not tight) is pretty ridiculous stat right ? lol
i can also count you how many times i died against sins without PA, nearly my rank, purge,ip used and they were 50% left.

Once again, i'm not saying they are powerful, i can make really sweat some. but still, melee archers are pretty weak.
Yuva & all the Yuv.

Re: You need to do something with assasins

An Archer isn't suddenly a pure melee just because they just choose to not specc their bowline...
Maybe you should shoot the trainingdummy a couple of times to see how much you can still do

And while i agree that archers should have a Chance against Assassin's in a pure melee Fight, i disagree that they should have a realistic chance when being down multiple realmranks AND letting the assasin PA them...

You claim to be a good Player so you should acknowledge that getting PAed is a huge mistake. But you want to be able to still turn around a fight against an equally skilled opponent in an unfavored matchup, after making a huge mistake and being severly outranked....

That just sounds ridiculous

Re: You need to do something with assasins

Babajaga wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:04 PM
melee archers are pretty weak.

Maybe that's because they're supposed to be a ranged attacker. That's like saying melee casters are weak.
Grymne*
https://discord.gg/AhR6pU4
<Ignorance> | <I Ignorance I> | <II Ignorance II>

Re: You need to do something with assasins

not exactly weak but tbh the debuff/PA dmg change did alot in favor of assassins

my ranger iss rr6 and i have a good chance to win vs opponents with same rr with a full melee spec
on the other hand my now rr7 sb hits like a truck and easily kills rr11 rangers who use all RAs they got
i really dont know why pa/debuff got changed... i didnt ask for that
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Re: You need to do something with assasins

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:45 PM
Babajaga wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:04 PM
melee archers are pretty weak.

Maybe that's because they're supposed to be a ranged attacker. That's like saying melee casters are weak.

on classic, melee rangers had their places as a hard encounter.

Answering to Sepplord : DA and shield spec buff / 39 blades follow up style / high spec on CD, rangers is the only archer which is suppose to do well as full melee spec/RA's. adding shield buff on pots disadvantage them a lot tbh. I admit PA vs non-PA is a huge difference matchup. but how it is even possible that 3rr inf's can EASILY kill 8rr+ melee ranger then ? Ra used and no PA landed.
Yuva & all the Yuv.

Re: You need to do something with assasins

Sepplord wrote:
Tue 12 Jan 2021 4:41 PM
An Archer isn't suddenly a pure melee just because they just choose to not specc their bowline...
Maybe you should shoot the trainingdummy a couple of times to see how much you can still do

And while i agree that archers should have a Chance against Assassin's in a pure melee Fight, i disagree that they should have a realistic chance when being down multiple realmranks AND letting the assasin PA them...

You claim to be a good Player so you should acknowledge that getting PAed is a huge mistake. But you want to be able to still turn around a fight against an equally skilled opponent in an unfavored matchup, after making a huge mistake and being severly outranked....

That just sounds ridiculous

its not, at least not for my hunter
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

Re: You need to do something with assasins

I'd attribute that more to a skilldifference then 😉

But i am not even saying, i was just calling out the really bad arguments being made. If there are good arguments, then those surely help the discussion more, and if there aren't, well then it's even more important to call them out

Re: You need to do something with assasins

While I agree that archers could use a little bump to survivability, or offensive potential in melee, I can't agree that it is just hopeless. I am hybrid spec, and rr6L6 currently, and I almost never lose to low rank assassins, provided I have either purge or IP up. If I have neither, then the fight could go either way depending mostly on RNG. High rank sins, I need to have both RAs up, and even then I occasionally get destroyed even after using IP and purge. Which feels really bad. If the RAs are down, and I run into a rr7+ sin, I am basically free RPs.
Anberlin, Reigel, Automata
Crossbreed, Solyria
Amery, Aristocrat

Return to “RvR”