Re: Archer population to high.

It will always be so high until a scout can hit my BD, fully buffed and with 100% armor, for 726 dmg crit shot and after 2 secs another 325+99 crit, while my LT doing 180 dmg has been nerfed to 6 secs lol.

I believe that the scout/ranger nerf has been one of the most useless thing ever seen on Daoc.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter
Loegen TheBloodyNine - Berserker
Valaraukar Varulven - Bonedancer

GM of Dark Templars - Midgard Italian Guild
"Guldkrona jag passar ej på. Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå"

Sepplord wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:30 PM
As much as i agree that BD is overnerfed, mainly because of skewed perceptions...it doesn't add anything to the discussion about archers and how they need to be balanced

It adds a lot, because the BD has always been a stealther killer class and it has been overnerfed. It's a natural law, prey will always flourish when the predators are diminished.
The direct comparison is that an archer can land about 1k dmg in less than 3 secs (from 2k+ loc range) while they felt the urge to nerf an instant cast to 6 secs. SIX seconds. It is just ridicolous.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter

Valaraukar wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:51 PM
Sepplord wrote:
As much as i agree that BD is overnerfed, mainly because of skewed perceptions...it doesn't add anything to the discussion about archers and how they need to be balanced

It adds a lot, because the BD has always been a stealther killer class and it has been overnerfed. It's a natural law, prey will always flourish when the predators are diminished.
The direct comparison is that an archer can land about 1k dmg in less than 3 secs (from 2k+ loc range) while they felt the urge to nerf an instant cast to 6 secs. SIX seconds. It is just ridicolous.

Sorry, don`t just rely on 6s lifetap and 3 gray healers. Even with a 4s lifetap you wouldn`t be able to overheal the incoming ranger or scout damage.
The value of the healpets were nerfed right from server release, not sure about the kind of damage of the caster pets, i`m sure it was originally cold damage, not body.
Pets do less damage in rvr, lifetap from 4s to 6s. No spacing, no formations.
Yes, the BD is overnerfed, i don`t think it would have an influence on the number of archers on Phoenix, but an original BD would have an influence on the number of BDs, thats for sure. The overall rvr setting makes archers very attractive to play, thats all. Much Keep-warfare from hib + alb, taskzones where they can lure etcetc.

Valaraukar wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Go away with your ridiculous OP no skill class

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 8:17 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Lol my "ridicolous OP no skill class" will never be able to deal 1k+ dmg in 3 secs. And yours?
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter

Valaraukar wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:21 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 8:17 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Lol my "ridicolous OP no skill class" will never be able to deal 1k+ dmg in 3 secs. And yours?

Pretty sure he can survive a 1v1 situation vs a scout, but not with the usual * i need twf/mael* setting. Even a 1v1 vs Noashakra

Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 9:33 PM
Pretty sure he can survive a 1v1 situation vs a scout, but not with the usual * i need twf/mael* setting. Even a 1v1 vs Noashakra

This is not the point of the discussion... the point is "archer population too high" > because they can deal 1k dmg in 3 secs
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter

Valaraukar wrote:
Where do you get the impression that a BD has always been a stealther killer and furthermore still has to be till the end of time? Also if an archer opens from a 2k distance what stops you from making a step out of range? Get more PD and toughness.

Tashkent wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 10:17 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
Where do you get the impression that a BD has always been a stealther killer and furthermore still has to be till the end of time? Also if an archer opens from a 2k distance what stops you from making a step out of range? Get more PD and toughness.

Step outside the range and then what? Wait for him to restealth and shoot again a crit? Nice move indeed. The only hope is to get soon enough in 1.5k range and interrupt him, while sending pets.
Again, the issue here is not the "moves" against archers, the issue is that this damage is too high, has no effective counters to it apart from running away, and if you get focused by 2 or more archers you'll die in less than 5 secs. Seems good to you? Ok fine then, let the archer population stay as it is.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter

Return to “RvR”