Re: Thank You For Not Going Forward With The Style Changes

LolaEbola wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 4:20 PM
So, I just got done reading the 18 pages of discussion in the planned changes post, as well as this post, and I really don’t get where some of you are coming from. Maybe you can help me to understand.

There were certainly some people who’s complaints could’ve been worded more productively. I won’t deny that.

That said, there were plenty of examples of polite and constructive criticism that seem to have gone ignored. Personally, I’m opposed to this change, and I’m glad they decided not to go through with it.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate the devs overall. In fact, much to the contrary. I love this game, and specifically I love this server. If I, or anyone else, object to a proposed change, it’s because we have a lot of fun here and are passionate about it.

To add to that, I’ve found the responses of several of the GM’s to be really immature themselves. I can understand the frustration of a change you put work into being poorly received by the community. Really, I can.

But, rather than asking “what the fuck did you expect”? when many of us have explained exactly why we expected something different, or just taking your ball and going home with the repeated petty line of “fine! You don’t like this, so no more changes!”... I’d encourage them to think openly about why this was so poorly received.

Sure, some of us complain about just about everything. We all know that’s true. Some of us are purists who never want to see the game change at all, (Let’s not forget that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don’t agree with the “no change” crowd, but that doesn’t make my opinion any more valid than theirs) but that’s not the case here.

Many people who I see on these forums routinely disagreeing and flaming eachother are all, for the most part, united here on this issue.

I’d encourage the GMs to take greater steps in the future to be as transparent and specific as possible, even if a survey question needs to be a whole paragraph long. That would go a long way towards preventing a similar situation going forward, rather than asking a rather vague question and when changes are announced that clearly a large portion of the community was not expecting, asking us “what the fuck did you expect”?

With all due respect, some of the player base could’ve handled this better, but literally every GM with the exception of Beckett that I’ve seen comment on things could’ve also handled this much better.

I’m simply disappointed with some of the messaging I’ve seen here and on discord from Uthred, Saibaba, and Gruenes. I can understand where the frustration comes from, and to be clear, I appreciate all the work you guys put in. But, I would plead for you to be more receptive and open to criticism in the future.

You must have missed all the flaming in conversations in the discord. It wasn't just here people were complaining, and the comments in the discord were much worse than here.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 9:14 PM
LolaEbola wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 4:20 PM
So, I just got done reading the 18 pages of discussion in the planned changes post, as well as this post, and I really don’t get where some of you are coming from. Maybe you can help me to understand.

There were certainly some people who’s complaints could’ve been worded more productively. I won’t deny that.

That said, there were plenty of examples of polite and constructive criticism that seem to have gone ignored. Personally, I’m opposed to this change, and I’m glad they decided not to go through with it.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate the devs overall. In fact, much to the contrary. I love this game, and specifically I love this server. If I, or anyone else, object to a proposed change, it’s because we have a lot of fun here and are passionate about it.

To add to that, I’ve found the responses of several of the GM’s to be really immature themselves. I can understand the frustration of a change you put work into being poorly received by the community. Really, I can.

But, rather than asking “what the fuck did you expect”? when many of us have explained exactly why we expected something different, or just taking your ball and going home with the repeated petty line of “fine! You don’t like this, so no more changes!”... I’d encourage them to think openly about why this was so poorly received.

Sure, some of us complain about just about everything. We all know that’s true. Some of us are purists who never want to see the game change at all, (Let’s not forget that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don’t agree with the “no change” crowd, but that doesn’t make my opinion any more valid than theirs) but that’s not the case here.

Many people who I see on these forums routinely disagreeing and flaming eachother are all, for the most part, united here on this issue.

I’d encourage the GMs to take greater steps in the future to be as transparent and specific as possible, even if a survey question needs to be a whole paragraph long. That would go a long way towards preventing a similar situation going forward, rather than asking a rather vague question and when changes are announced that clearly a large portion of the community was not expecting, asking us “what the fuck did you expect”?

With all due respect, some of the player base could’ve handled this better, but literally every GM with the exception of Beckett that I’ve seen comment on things could’ve also handled this much better.

I’m simply disappointed with some of the messaging I’ve seen here and on discord from Uthred, Saibaba, and Gruenes. I can understand where the frustration comes from, and to be clear, I appreciate all the work you guys put in. But, I would plead for you to be more receptive and open to criticism in the future.

You must have missed all the flaming in conversations in the discord. It wasn't just here people were complaining, and the comments in the discord were much worse than here.

No, I actually didn’t miss anything. I was at work that day, but I spent close to an hour when I got home reading the entire discussion in discord. I did address that in my comment.
Loola
1L2 Shadowblade

Roto23 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 5:34 PM
We all do appreciate all the work you do and I know many express that by donating. You sounded a bit angry so I figured I chime in and let you know many of us really appreciate what you guys do. And appreciate that you do listen to us.

thx to the handfull idiots that block every progress
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

easytoremember wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:28 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 10:37 PM
The feeling you're going to experience rediscovering your old posts a decade from now is going to physically injure you

even 15 years ago i appreciateded every change that was made to this game and i still think all the changes were good!
im not a person that thinks change is bad!
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:47 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:28 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 10:37 PM
The feeling you're going to experience rediscovering your old posts a decade from now is going to physically injure you

even 15 years ago i appreciateded every change that was made to this game and i still think all the changes were good!
im not a person that thinks change is bad!

Yet you're here instead of the live server? How does that make sense? And if it's because the playerbase on live is too small, then don't you think this server would go the same route if it had all those changes? So you want this server to die too?

inoeth wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 9:48 AM
well the difference which you obviously dont want to see is that phoenix far aways from being live and def needs some adjustments to styles.
That's moving the goalpost though.
You just claimed that you appreciate any change ever done to DAoC, and under that context it is weird you would play on a server that reverted tons of those highly appreciates changes?

I disagree that all change is bad, but claiming all change is good is just as bonkers.

The issue isn't that some people don't want a change, or even any change at all. The issue is the way people argue and express their opinions.
There seems to be no grey, even you felt the need to go all in and claim that all changes are appreciated by you, to counter the extreme opposing position (aka all changes are bad) you feel is expressed too often here.

Return to “RvR”