Re: Thank You For Not Going Forward With The Style Changes

Roto23 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 5:34 PM
We all do appreciate all the work you do and I know many express that by donating. You sounded a bit angry so I figured I chime in and let you know many of us really appreciate what you guys do. And appreciate that you do listen to us.

No, not all do appreciate.
The changes where announced as "work in progress" and not as final. So no one could estimate what would be the final state, but many people always think they know everything better. Also saying for every planned change: If you do this, then i will stop playing, is from my point of view so unfair towards the developers.

Now none of the classes that would need these changes are being buffed. And that's because of some crying babies who cannot live without having an advantage over others, or who are unable to live in a changing world.
--------------------------------------
Best regards,
Thoras Proudmoore - Paladin
Lux Aeterna

Lux.Thoras wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 6:33 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 5:34 PM
We all do appreciate all the work you do and I know many express that by donating. You sounded a bit angry so I figured I chime in and let you know many of us really appreciate what you guys do. And appreciate that you do listen to us.

No, not all do appreciate.
The changes where announced as "work in progress" and not as final. So no one could estimate what would be the final state, but many people always think they know everything better. Also saying for every planned change: If you do this, then i will stop playing, is from my point of view so unfair towards the developers.

Now none of the classes that would need these changes are being buffed. And that's because of some crying babies who cannot live without having an advantage over others, or who are unable to live in a changing world.

Nah dawg. What people wanted was for the useless melee lines to get a little love. What was proposed was a complete overhaul to all melee styles in the game.

OF COURSE that's how people would react. To expect any different is completely asinine.

Higach wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:01 PM
Nah dawg. What people wanted was for the useless melee lines to get a little love. What was proposed was a complete overhaul to all melee styles in the game.

OF COURSE that's how people would react. To expect any different is completely asinine.

People with this type of thought process are going to kill the server. The devs were trying to find a DOABLE solution to the problem. Your expectations were too high for a small team to rebuild the whole style library by themselves. Live styles aren't perfect and they never said they were implementing them and that was that. They instead said they would implement them and test the waters. Also give everyone free respect to try things out. Now we get nothing and we're not better off because of it.

Roto23 wrote: And appreciate that you do listen to us.

This has nothing to do with listening to someone like "us". Many of "us" gave positive feedback to the proposed change, of course with limitations and variations on details. Noone of "us" wanted to freeze the state of the server, which is what actually happened.
gruenesschaf wrote: Aside from bug fixes there won't be anymore gameplay changes until then(.)
Noone wanted this, but this is what we get for being a toxic community. I can only hope that, after moods have cooled down a bit, our staff gets back to keeping the server healthy and alive by rolling out changes like the proposed ones, with a community able to realize that those are always subject to changes and announced as such.

Bradekes wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:05 PM
Higach wrote:

People with this type of thought process are going to kill the server. The devs were trying to find a DOABLE solution to the problem. Your expectations were too high for a small team to rebuild the whole style library by themselves. Live styles aren't perfect and they never said they were implementing them and that was that. They instead said they would implement them and test the waters. Also give everyone free respect to try things out. Now we get nothing and we're not better off because of it.

1) Quit acting like it requires them to adjust 1300 styles. They could tweak literally 10 styles and make a world of difference.

2) If the only possible option was completely revamp the styles that's fine. Put that up to a vote and be honest. Let everyone ahead of time know "Hey due to limitations, these are the only two options, please vote if you'd want to see styles 2.0 overhaul everything, or keep it as is." But they didn't. They never do that hence the massive negativity. Again, anyone should have seen this reaction coming a mile away with how it was handled.

Higach wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:11 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:05 PM
Higach wrote:

1) Quit acting like it requires them to adjust 1300 styles. They could tweak literally 10 styles and make a world of difference.

2) If the only possible option was completely revamp the styles that's fine. Put that up to a vote and be honest. Let everyone ahead of time know "Hey due to limitations, these are the only two options, please vote if you'd want to see styles 2.0 overhaul everything, or keep it as is." But they didn't. They never do that hence the massive negativity. Again, anyone should have seen this reaction coming a mile away with how it was handled.

I agree Higach 100%

And Bradekes, how can you not see that with those changes, there will be NEW BETTER SPEC LINES. Just like now, there are more preferable spec lines. The same would be true if they did style overhaul. That would mean, for many many people, changes their current spec to a new one.. which means a new template. Its not just simply respecing and trying something new.
Hwwaatt - NS RR11 Lone Enforcer
Hhwaat - Merc RR10

Too bad. I am sure all those friars and wardens we're finally excited. Skald and Thane too. I guess no change to Scout snare so that's good news for me anyway >< .

This server is full of toxic whiners. No doubt about that now. Hard work rewarded with nothing but nasty comments and irreverent behavior. It's one thing to disagree and post reason why, it's another to just be a rude troll.

imo yall should be ashamed.

thirian24 wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:16 PM
I agree Higach 100%

And Bradekes, how can you not see that with those changes, there will be NEW BETTER SPEC LINES. Just like now, there are more preferable spec lines. The same would be true if they did style overhaul. That would mean, for many many people, changes their current spec to a new one.. which means a new template. Its not just simply respecing and trying something new.

After, what I saw in the Charplaner, all the spec lines were updated and where competitive. Why should this mean someone has to change his specification? I could not see any reason why i would not use LargeWeapons or why Hammer is useless now or Pole is not competetive anymore.
--------------------------------------
Best regards,
Thoras Proudmoore - Paladin
Lux Aeterna

Return to “RvR”