Is it possible to restrict groupsize in low population hours?

Started 15 Oct 2020
by Drughen
in RvR
Hi,

Been playing daytime EU time for this week and there are like 1 group running 8 man all day when there is sub 40 ppl per realm (30% of those stealthers and 30 % is standing afk in frontier town) so visible ppl in frontier 15-20 and most of these are solo or smallman which is resonable with this population.

I think this will probably will make all smallmans/solos that usually run during thease hours quit eventually, feels like the population already have declined alot.

So my suggestion to reverse some of the populationdrop during off hours is if there is under 50 non stealthers or 80 non stealthers(10% of frontier pop in one group) peer realm groupcap should be lowered to 5 or something. i know that you probably need a reboot to do it so its probably set times but you should have the statistics when the server have low pop. the ones that low killing solos as 8man will still have a easy time killing solos with a 5 man but occationally there will be some other group to give them a fair fight.

Kind regards
Drughen
Thu 15 Oct 2020 8:48 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Nothing is stopping the other players from grouping with each other in these time slots, they refuse to do it out of choice.

Why should a group of friends be punished for playing together because they play in a low-population time slot?
Thu 15 Oct 2020 9:45 AM by Drughen
Punished? you can make two 4-5 man groups or is 8 friends the optimal amount of friends? im just saying there is hard to find 8 man when there is 15-20 players playing visible rvr. and if there is an 8 man running around in the task zone you cant win against that if you arent like 6-8 ppl? and for that 8 man is it really fun to kill solos to 4 mans 8 hours a day?

i think it is a way to get population back and some competition for the ones playing 8 mans today, they might not want competition though but think that is hurting the server population. a five man can be beaten by a 3 man if you play correctly and the 5 man makes mistakes a 8 man is impossible to beat by less than 6 persons and even then its hard since they always have 2 healers and probably 2 demezzers.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 10:36 PM by LolaEbola
Drughen wrote:
Thu 15 Oct 2020 9:45 AM
Punished? you can make two 4-5 man groups or is 8 friends the optimal amount of friends? im just saying there is hard to find 8 man when there is 15-20 players playing visible rvr. and if there is an 8 man running around in the task zone you cant win against that if you arent like 6-8 ppl? and for that 8 man is it really fun to kill solos to 4 mans 8 hours a day?

i think it is a way to get population back and some competition for the ones playing 8 mans today, they might not want competition though but think that is hurting the server population. a five man can be beaten by a 3 man if you play correctly and the 5 man makes mistakes a 8 man is impossible to beat by less than 6 persons and even then its hard since they always have 2 healers and probably 2 demezzers.

I feel like you just kinda said the counter argument to this yourself though.

People can just make two groups of 4. Or a 5 and a 3. Or hell, maybe they run two 5’s and you’re worse off than before.

I don’t do 8 man like... at all. I solo, I duo, and I bg. But, I wouldn’t be for limiting their fun. They’re free to run 8. You’re free to gather some of the solos and small mans and form a group to fight them.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 8:03 AM by Drughen
Hi,

Yes they can run 2 groups but think its more unlikely that they will run 2 groups together if there is a cap of 4 than if you are allowed to be 8 still. And even if they did it is still easier to kill a double 4 man than an 8 man.

Think you are missing my point that i want the population to not drop off due to 1 8man farming taskzone 8 hours a day when there ia 1. no competiton and 2. no playerbase to build competiton. Its the same group everyday so they are probably a guild and you will not beat that with a random 8 man of the 20 realmfriends you have.

I do all i solo i smallman and i 8man but if there is only solos and 4 mans out i would never build a 8 man. and when they do they make smallman and solo players do something else becouse they get rolled 10 times. then there is less action left so my proposition is to lower the gap so that the solos and smallmans have a chance to kill the strongest group if they work together.

i think it is killing the action and since the 8 man dosent seem to understand that, it might be good with some help for them to understand it.

So the questions should be:
1. is the 8man in low population hours hurting the population?
I think yes
2. would a lower group cap in low population hours be positive for the population?
i think yes
3. will the 3 friend that dont get to run with the 5 man be sad?
i think yes but its still more ppl that will benefit from it and also the server as a whole will benefitt from it.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 12:54 PM by Sagz
Drughen wrote:
Thu 15 Oct 2020 8:16 AM
Hi,

Been playing daytime EU time for this week and there are like 1 group running 8 man all day when there is sub 40 ppl per realm (30% of those stealthers and 30 % is standing afk in frontier town) so visible ppl in frontier 15-20 and most of these are solo or smallman which is resonable with this population.

I think this will probably will make all smallmans/solos that usually run during thease hours quit eventually, feels like the population already have declined alot.

So my suggestion to reverse some of the populationdrop during off hours is if there is under 50 non stealthers or 80 non stealthers(10% of frontier pop in one group) peer realm groupcap should be lowered to 5 or something. i know that you probably need a reboot to do it so its probably set times but you should have the statistics when the server have low pop. the ones that low killing solos as 8man will still have a easy time killing solos with a 5 man but occationally there will be some other group to give them a fair fight.

Kind regards
Drughen

??? I cannot believe this is even a thought. They already added small man areas teleporters, solo teleporters, etc. And I do not know of any 8 mans who hang around there to kill a few people, even if no one else is on. If they run 8 people and there are only 15-20 people online, they will log out because it is boring, or a few might choose to small man for fun but they are not going to run around with 8 people killed 1 by 1. I mean really, even running around the task zones getting 5k rps an hour because no one is on is not fun.

Besides, making the groups smaller, players would have to adjust classes because they would lose resists and other timers. (ex 2 shamans now instead of 1)
Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:19 AM by Drughen
Sagz wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 12:54 PM
Drughen wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Drughen

??? I cannot believe this is even a thought. They already added small man areas teleporters, solo teleporters, etc. And I do not know of any 8 mans who hang around there to kill a few people, even if no one else is on. If they run 8 people and there are only 15-20 people online, they will log out because it is boring, or a few might choose to small man for fun but they are not going to run around with 8 people killed 1 by 1. I mean really, even running around the task zones getting 5k rps an hour because no one is on is not fun.

Besides, making the groups smaller, players would have to adjust classes because they would lose resists and other timers. (ex 2 shamans now instead of 1)

When there have been ppl there a 8 man will kill them simply becouse they want rps so smallman area just works for ports. If its only one 8 man out and all smallmans are at a certain area i would bet that the 8 man would go there to.
they also tried the smallman area in toa but that arent the same there it will be rules and shit and also you then need a perfect group of the maximal size to compete and there the top 3 team will win all since there will be these rules of not adding and so on thats why those dosent work. need to be in the normal rvr.

The problem is they dont log and keep on going for 8 hours strait, i have played from 8 EU time to 16 EU time and there is 1 FG out all that time and there will be an occational other FG out just becouse they are out but that just becouse they get steamrolled in smallmans before. I would have hoped ppl understand that its not fun to kill solos as a fg but they dont so that is why i suggest a change on the low pop hours.
Sat 17 Oct 2020 8:47 PM by Sagz
Drughen wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:19 AM
Sagz wrote:
Drughen wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Drughen

When there have been ppl there a 8 man will kill them simply becouse they want rps so smallman area just works for ports. If its only one 8 man out and all smallmans are at a certain area i would bet that the 8 man would go there to.
they also tried the smallman area in toa but that arent the same there it will be rules and shit and also you then need a perfect group of the maximal size to compete and there the top 3 team will win all since there will be these rules of not adding and so on thats why those dosent work. need to be in the normal rvr.

The problem is they dont log and keep on going for 8 hours strait, i have played from 8 EU time to 16 EU time and there is 1 FG out all that time and there will be an occational other FG out just becouse they are out but that just becouse they get steamrolled in smallmans before. I would have hoped ppl understand that its not fun to kill solos as a fg but they dont so that is why i suggest a change on the low pop hours.

Again, cannot believe this is even a thought. NO 8 man plays for 8 hours straight to kill 3 small mans and a few soloers. So either you account of how many people are online are way off, or you are the guy who keeps running into a wall over and over and thinks the wall should move. There are 3 realms and 4 zones in each realm, not to mention EV so it is not like there is nowhere else to go.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 7:58 AM by MiNDmaZing
So the timeslot from the group is 8am to 12am, since serverstart. Cause we have family in afternoon and stuff to do.

We start always as smallman, at 9 am some guildies are joining or we fill cause there are 8mans out (probably from NA Prime) Which kill our smallman.
So we will fill and form since almost 2 Years. With guildies, If guildies arent online and there is no 8man we dont fill. If we have to fill then with pugers we know.
Some Pugers became guildies because they play same timeslot.

Usually we wipe the 8mans (from NA Prime) 2-3 times and they log. Or we had some decent fights against always same grps, with also somehow vanished in the last month.

And you want me to split our 8 man after they logged, and who plays other bard? or supports? we often lack of them? Its often we go for ther zerg in keeps, do they care running 3 fg or 4 fg at that time?
Tue 20 Oct 2020 8:51 AM by easytoremember
Lowering the group cap interferes with realms trying to retake their own keeps during dead hours
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:11 AM by MiNDmaZing
btw. where is the forum post about Dark Templars creating 16 Slot at 12 am? how do you want to prevent that.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:41 AM by Forlornhope
Should limit stealth groups to 3-4 imo
Tue 20 Oct 2020 12:43 PM by Stoertebecker
MiNDmaZing wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:11 AM
btw. where is the forum post about Dark Templars creating 16 Slot at 12 am? how do you want to prevent that.

Maybe the answer to BF and the other hfg running around?
Tue 20 Oct 2020 3:59 PM by Tambourine
Can we also talk about the 12-6 pm eu slot, where Error and Gapbunssa group farm task zones every day? What is the proposition against them?

And for the record, Error is exactly in the same case scenario as we are, they start small around 11:30-12:00, we farm them, then they form 8man and we logoff.

No we don’t dodge you because we are scared, we dodge because half the group logged.

We have the exact same issue when we log at 8:30 Am and get wiped as small against the NA Boys. We form FG and they log out.

Like Mindmazing said, we have our available 8man slot during those hours and thats it, rest of the time it’s 5-6 or fill with Pickup.

Sorry that real life can’t make it possible for everyone to play during YOUR prime time.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 4:41 PM by William06
Stupid ppl make stupid things, this is how the world works
And yes, it will make ppl stop playing atleast RvR during these hours.
Tue 20 Oct 2020 5:25 PM by bluefalcon420
If they would just revert the huff charge change then the small man's and solos would at least have a hope of dropping targets.

As it is, it's like play a sneak or get out.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 1:57 PM by Drughen
Sagz wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 8:47 PM
Drughen wrote:
Sat 17 Oct 2020 11:19 AM
Sagz wrote:
Drughen wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Drughen

Again, cannot believe this is even a thought. NO 8 man plays for 8 hours straight to kill 3 small mans and a few soloers. So either you account of how many people are online are way off, or you are the guy who keeps running into a wall over and over and thinks the wall should move. There are 3 realms and 4 zones in each realm, not to mention EV so it is not like there is nowhere else to go.

Yes they were playing from 8:00 in the morning Europe time to 16:00 (korean group i think) in the afternoon when i played a whole week solo, same group. havent played daytime for a week or so so dunno if its diffrent now. but what is the problemn with doing this? im saying on the hours where there is low population the groupsize should be lower so that there will be more stuff to fight?

The thing you miss is that if its low pop everyone will be in the task zone since there is no ppl anywhere else so if you want to kill something you need to be there, except maybe 5 arches, bled, DC and beno.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 2:06 PM by Drughen
MiNDmaZing wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 7:58 AM
So the timeslot from the group is 8am to 12am, since serverstart. Cause we have family in afternoon and stuff to do.

We start always as smallman, at 9 am some guildies are joining or we fill cause there are 8mans out (probably from NA Prime) Which kill our smallman.
So we will fill and form since almost 2 Years. With guildies, If guildies arent online and there is no 8man we dont fill. If we have to fill then with pugers we know.
Some Pugers became guildies because they play same timeslot.

Usually we wipe the 8mans (from NA Prime) 2-3 times and they log. Or we had some decent fights against always same grps, with also somehow vanished in the last month.

And you want me to split our 8 man after they logged, and who plays other bard? or supports? we often lack of them? Its often we go for ther zerg in keeps, do they care running 3 fg or 4 fg at that time?

I dont want you to do anything, i want the server so adapt to the playerbase so not all dissapear during these hours. this is a suggestion to keep the server alive its not like i hate you.

I like 8 manning, smallmanning and solo and i dont want the 8man to be gone but when the population is low enough they should change the groupsize for better gameplay.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 2:16 PM by Drughen
Tambourine wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 3:59 PM
Can we also talk about the 12-6 pm eu slot, where Error and Gapbunssa group farm task zones every day? What is the proposition against them?

And for the record, Error is exactly in the same case scenario as we are, they start small around 11:30-12:00, we farm them, then they form 8man and we logoff.

No we don’t dodge you because we are scared, we dodge because half the group logged.

We have the exact same issue when we log at 8:30 Am and get wiped as small against the NA Boys. We form FG and they log out.

Like Mindmazing said, we have our available 8man slot during those hours and thats it, rest of the time it’s 5-6 or fill with Pickup.

Sorry that real life can’t make it possible for everyone to play during YOUR prime time.

Hmm and my proposition goes against what you just wrote?
If when you log in and do the small man the NA boys also are smallman since the pop probably already are shit then you get smallman vs smallman? isnt that more fun than first being killed as a smallman by 8 man then kill smallmans with 8 mans? you should be happy with this change if i read what you write correctly.

I am EU primetime so during my prime time it is good pop.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:13 PM by Forlornhope
Drughen wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 2:16 PM
Tambourine wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 3:59 PM

Hmm and my proposition goes against what you just wrote?
If when you log in and do the small man the NA boys also are smallman since the pop probably already are shit then you get smallman vs smallman? isnt that more fun than first being killed as a smallman by 8 man then kill smallmans with 8 mans? you should be happy with this change if i read what you write correctly.

I am EU primetime so during my prime time it is good pop.

You're forgetting the rule of this server, ez rps=fun.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:31 PM by gotwqqd
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 20 Oct 2020 9:41 AM
Groups don’t matter
They will stay ungrouped just for the detect penalty
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:18 PM by Forlornhope
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 4:31 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Groups don’t matter

I didn't think it mattered if they were grouped or not, I thought it was just a penalty for any friendly stealthers within a certain radius of each other?
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:59 PM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:
Groups don’t matter

it will definitely matter, even without looking at group-synergy
when everyone is ungrouped, everyone will get RP's according to their dmg dealt.

It will lead the envy between different archers getting more/less than the others in their "group"
the ones getting caught will try an edge in dmg instead of fully committing everything to running away
it will be harder to know when your mate is going to die and you will be next
etc...

not saying it would solve the issue, or even that it is a good idea, but it would definitely have an impact
Wed 28 Oct 2020 2:22 PM by Sagz
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:18 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:
Groups don’t matter

I didn't think it mattered if they were grouped or not, I thought it was just a penalty for any friendly stealthers within a certain radius of each other?

Would you really want some very bad stealther to pop you to oncoming traffic? Lets just be honest, visis do it all the time with being mezz anchors. I do not wish that pain on anyone! haha
Thu 29 Oct 2020 5:04 AM by Forlornhope
Sagz wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 2:22 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:18 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:
Groups don’t matter

Would you really want some very bad stealther to pop you to oncoming traffic? Lets just be honest, visis do it all the time with being mezz anchors. I do not wish that pain on anyone! haha

If it deterred the stealth zergs camping every where I'd be totally fine with anything the implement.
Thu 29 Oct 2020 8:13 AM by Forlornhope
Sagz wrote:
Drughen wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Drughen

Someone should explain this to Black Flag XD
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics