Minstrels and Scouts...The Nerf Bat Commith!!!

Started 9 Oct 2020
by Roto23
in RvR
The poll results prove you're easy mode, take you nerf beating like a man, it's comin'
Fri 9 Oct 2020 3:20 PM by Kwall0311
You completely ignore the higher % of #1 voted toons that are considered OP in the other realms , and post about 'Albion' specifically. Boy if this isnt a clear representation of how biased a survey like that is. Thanks for the laugh.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:18 PM by imweasel
I don't believe the dev team will tone down minis any further.

I believe they will nerf archers even more. At least then I can dedicate them to pve...
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:21 PM by DinoTriz
"I heard Scouts got a no immunity root that lasts for a full 14 seconds and that SOUNDS too powerful, especially when I ignore the fact that they can't melee themselves out of a wet, paper bag. Have I ever played a Scout? No. I've just heard people complain about one ability, so they must be overpowered."

*proceeds to vote like a lemming*

This is how voting works in real life too. Comforting...
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:27 PM by Kwall0311
So you want to nerf solo archers who take long enough to kill a target before getting added as it is? I dont believe a flat archery damage nerf is the answer
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:37 PM by Messerjockel
DinoTriz wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:21 PM
"I heard Scouts got a no immunity root that lasts for a full 14 seconds and that SOUNDS too powerful, especially when I ignore the fact that they can't melee themselves out of a wet, paper bag. Have I ever played a Scout? No. I've just heard people complain about one ability, so they must be overpowered."

You are maybe correct. This one style enables scouts alway to get out of melee and use the strong bow damage at range. Your purge is at that point already used for shield stun.

Flup, hib
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:39 PM by Parole
tbh neither of those classes need any changes, minstrel has has so many nerfs already people are just sore about their pet and probably always will be. Scouts are just finally winning "some" fights, albeit fight still takes for ever to kill anything and requires kiting w/o adds imo. I think the primary archery whine is from all the rangers shooting on bridges..... go somewhere else, or get some friends to help kill them all.

It's not rocket surgery...
Fri 9 Oct 2020 5:15 PM by Noashakra
Parole wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:39 PM
tbh neither of those classes need any changes, minstrel has has so many nerfs already people are just sore about their pet and probably always will be. Scouts are just finally winning "some" fights, albeit fight still takes for ever to kill anything and requires kiting w/o adds imo. I think the primary archery whine is from all the rangers shooting on bridges..... go somewhere else, or get some friends to help kill them all.

It's not rocket surgery...

The root is a stupid idea and doesn't make scout win 1vs1 except in some really specific situations or vs idiots. It's only useful when you zerg, because like this you can kite vs superior numbers (as if you need that on alb already with the stupid ministrel that can istun and mez).
Remove this stupid style, there are better ways to up the scout that needs some love.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 6:06 PM by DinoTriz
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 5:15 PM
The root is a stupid idea and doesn't make scout win 1vs1 except in some really specific situations or vs idiots. It's only useful when you zerg, because like this you can kite vs superior numbers (as if you need that on alb already with the stupid ministrel that can istun and mez).
Remove this stupid style, there are better ways to up the scout that needs some love.

It would more useful if it had some +Hit on it.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to use it to get a Hunter pet off of me, only to completely miss 4 or 5 times in a row. By the time it lands I'm at 10% health.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 6:24 PM by gotwqqd
Give shield snare immunity and add an offensive shield style less endo and plus tohit

Then fix stealth detection
Increase radius far more depending on how many other same realm stealthed in area(larger radius of prox) regardless of grouped or not
Fri 9 Oct 2020 8:30 PM by bigne88
DinoTriz wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:21 PM

Archers, as the name suggest, uses a bow to do damage, not melee weapons.
Amirite?
Fri 9 Oct 2020 8:41 PM by DinoTriz
bigne88 wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 8:30 PM
Amirite?

No, you're not right.

It's not normal to force archer classes into Sniper spec.

When there's very little difference in performance between speccing 9 in a melee weapon or speccing 39 in weapon, there's something very wrong.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 9:10 PM by Helwyr
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 6:24 PM
[...]
Increase radius far more depending on how many other same realm stealthed in area(larger radius of prox) regardless of grouped or not

That's a terrible idea breaking stealth detection not fixing it. You'd never know how many stealth realm mates are around and thus how vulnerable you are to detection.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 9:31 PM by Lokkjim
Helwyr wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 9:10 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
[...]

That's a terrible idea breaking stealth detection not fixing it. You'd never know how many stealth realm mates are around and thus how vulnerable you are to detection.

I suggested making it a debuff that appears so that the stealther can know they are in the area with a same realm stealther. They could make it stackable so you can know how many are in the area and how debuffed you are.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:17 PM by Dariussdars
Have yet to see anyone complain about Ranger or Hunter melee damage.

Yet for some reason the same Scouts keep bringing up how bad their melee is, compared to the other two.

My Hunter can't anytime stun anyone, and can't hit them with a 14 second root with no immunity timer on it.

Scouts can spec shield, and use it for offense or defense.

All three archer classes are different, and all three have their advantages.

But sure, let's make Scout melee as strong as Hunter and Ranger, but take their shield spec away, and see how they like it.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:31 PM by Stoertebecker
DinoTriz wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 8:41 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 8:30 PM
Amirite?

No, you're not right.

It's not normal to force archer classes into Sniper spec.

When there's very little difference in performance between speccing 9 in a melee weapon or speccing 39 in weapon, there's something very wrong.

Based on your logic a caster had to skill a staff ( no skill line there thoo....)

And ofc there is a difference between 9 weapon and 39. But why forcing someone to spec into a weapon if he don`t want to melee.

* Hey you....Runemaster. Go and spec suppression, you`re doing to much damage with darkness spec after cold debuff!* Makes no sense at all, or?
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:42 PM by Helwyr
Lokkjim wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 9:31 PM
Helwyr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
[...]

I suggested making it a debuff that appears so that the stealther can know they are in the area with a same realm stealther. They could make it stackable so you can know how many are in the area and how debuffed you are.

That would indeed solve the problem I brought up, but it could create new problems with how easy cross-realming is on Phoenix. Ultimately IMO I think these stealth detection change suggestions are seeking solutions to things that aren't really problems... Stealth groups are generally predictable in where they are located, choke points, especially bridges and docks. And again IMO those seeking solo duels all the time are basically playing the wrong game, there's no fix for that within anything remotely resembling DAoC..
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:46 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
Kwall0311 wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 4:27 PM
So you want to nerf solo archers who take long enough to kill a target before getting added as it is? I dont believe a flat archery damage nerf is the answer

These people believe that the only class that should be capable of killing any other character alone is the class THEY play.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 11:38 PM by gotwqqd
Helwyr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
[...]

Not sure I understand your point...ah I get now

Allow same realm stealth see each other or have a display of how many are within X units, whatever that may be
Fri 9 Oct 2020 11:46 PM by gotwqqd
Helwyr wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:42 PM
Lokkjim wrote:
Helwyr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
[...]

That would indeed solve the problem I brought up, but it could create new problems with how easy cross-realming is on Phoenix. Ultimately IMO I think these stealth detection change suggestions are seeking solutions to things that aren't really problems... Stealth groups are generally predictable in where they are located, choke points, especially bridges and docks. And again IMO those seeking solo duels all the time are basically playing the wrong game, there's no fix for that within anything remotely resembling DAoC..
Your naive if you don’t see the inherent problem with stealth and numbers. I played the game from 2001. They never had the issue to the extent we see here with large groups of stealth we see here, now. I think an advanced detection system is an elegant way to force these classes which, imo, are meant to be primarily solo killers
Sat 10 Oct 2020 2:30 AM by Helwyr
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 11:46 PM
Helwyr wrote:
Your naive if you don’t see the inherent problem with stealth and numbers. I played the game from 2001. They never had the issue to the extent we see here with large groups of stealth we see here, now. I think an advanced detection system is an elegant way to force these classes which, imo, are meant to be primarily solo killers

Yeah I played way back in the early days too. So far back I can recall the glory days of stealthers, where archers menaced visibles solo and assassins one shot casters and stayed in stealth... although that was back before even epic armor was a thing and elves loved sitting on grassy knolls for a picnic while they waited for their mana to regen. But a lot changed from those days, mythic nerfed stealthers over and over, tried to alter the game so that stealthers hunted each other rather than preyed on visibles as they were originally intended to do. Buffbots became a thing, and for a time gave a huge boost to stealthers that used them, and made virtually extinct those that did not, while at the same time putting most visibles back on the menu (including tanks who were never targets before). And a whole bunch of other changes back and forth, buffs, nerfs and so on, to where we are now on a fan server.

I can't recall at what point stealth groups (more than 2) became common, but it was a while a go, like a long time ago. Maybe you played on another private fan server that I did not where it was super rare, but that's neither here nor there. Player's are going to do what gets them kills and is fun to them... which for most is getting kills/RPs. I suspect your problem is that you look for other solos for duel type fights, which even if you like that type of gameplay is a recipe for frustration and constant demands placed upon the community and the developers to warp the game to fit this niche that's out of tune with the rest of the game. The other route clearly many are taking is to group, opening up a much larger range of viable targets, which I'm sure includes easy kills on solos, just as 8man, small mans and BGs do the same... it's a Realm vs Realm game, not an arena game, you should never expect or feel you are due a "fair" equal numbers fight. Personally, what I had done on Phoenix when on my assassin a lot of time is to follow around the BG, and stalk around the periphery when the BG is static, got way more 1 vs 1s against well played high RR assassins than I wanted, so that game play is there, I just don't feel I'm entitled not to be added, ambushed or tricked into a lopsided fight.

Now, more to the topic of the thread, there is and always has been an issue of Realm balance that Albion has an additional stealth class, in the form of the Minstrel. But I don't really have a good answer to that other than we've got by for decades with that issue and still keep coming back despite it anyway.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 6:20 AM by Tashkent
gotwqqd wrote:
It's not that bad on Phoenix, I've seen worse in Old Emain, in DF with the introduction of new Ra's or beginning of the classic server. I can understand stealthers grouping. You don't kill that solo reaver, champ or pet mins in a 1 on 1.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 1:59 PM by omicidi
minstrel needs a nerf with that pet.

It's not fun fighting 18 pets when engaging with albs.
Sat 10 Oct 2020 4:29 PM by The Skies Asunder
Anyone who claims that stealth groups are more prevalent here than on Live clearly missed a lot of playing time. The names Styles, and Stelmar still bother me to this day lol.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 6:03 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Helwyr wrote:
Lokkjim wrote:
Helwyr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
[...]

It's not any worse than Live was. Good example here:

https://youtu.be/jTga15Be3fo

Just watch from 0:00 to 1:00. These groups were hunting solos that were farming rubble/boxes in ruined keeps and mazes.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 1:09 PM by gotwqqd
Maybe it’s the RvR talk flags that make it seem much worse
Tue 13 Oct 2020 11:48 AM by Xenosapien
People that say minstrel is op, should have to record themselves playing a minstrel, so the entire community can get a big laugh.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 12:00 PM by inoeth
Tashkent wrote:
Sat 10 Oct 2020 6:20 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
It's not that bad on Phoenix, I've seen worse in Old Emain, in DF with the introduction of new Ra's or beginning of the classic server. I can understand stealthers grouping. You don't kill that solo reaver, champ or pet mins in a 1 on 1.

lol l2p? ofc its possible and not even that hard
Tue 13 Oct 2020 1:13 PM by Sepplord
Stealther groups being worse on phoenix doesn't neccessarily say anything about the amount or size

When comparing it to live-situations you always had counterplay.
First there was truesight (almost cliprange stealthdetection) to clean out stealthinfested areas, then there were MOS9 archers.

Either option gives groups a reason to pick up an archer and clean out bridges/docks from camping stealthzergs.

Buffing potions of lucidity would probably be an issue, since they are relatively cheap and as potions can be used very regularly and by everyone.
Passive longrange detection would also (imo) not be a good solution as it would hurt solo/duo stealthers the hardest while the stealthzergs would even benefit from it.
As a passive detection it would also lead to randomly finding stealthers which (imo) isn't required to combat the issue of stealthgroups.

A custom RA similar to truesight though would allow staff to peddle with the availability via cooldown and class restrictions. It would require actively knowing where stealthers are, but THEN allow for consistent flushing out insteaf of just scattering them for a few seconds
Tue 13 Oct 2020 2:13 PM by donnk
limit minstrel charm to green/blue mobs only.

put insta stun and flute mez on a shared 90 sec cooldown.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 2:42 PM by Nando
donnk wrote:
Tue 13 Oct 2020 2:13 PM

9 from 10 ppl will just nerf everything from other realms, never listen to your Playerbase. NEVER.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 5:41 PM by ughsmash
donnk wrote:
Tue 13 Oct 2020 2:13 PM

You have bad ideas
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:02 PM by PoisonClovers
Kwall0311 wrote:

Scout opens with numb then Stop ( Root)... numb wears off your rooted ( if you purged, skip to slam/root) ... there already a good distance and critical shot on you. get to the scout he Slams. you purged? rooted... again.. then shot with more arrows..

Moral of the story, a scout never pulls his weapon out. Bow and shield. and they are killing people faster then most casters.

level the playfield, Make this have some kind of Diminishing returns or remove it. No idea how people crying about styles stops hours ,days weeks of work from devs, yet the whole server cries about scouts stop and no change.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 10:35 PM by stewbeedoo
PoisonClovers wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 9:02 PM
Kwall0311 wrote:

Scout opens with numb then Stop ( Root)... numb wears off your rooted ( if you purged, skip to slam/root) ... there already a good distance and critical shot on you. get to the scout he Slams. you purged? rooted... again.. then shot with more arrows..

Moral of the story, a scout never pulls his weapon out. Bow and shield. and they are killing people faster then most casters.

level the playfield, Make this have some kind of Diminishing returns or remove it. No idea how people crying about styles stops hours ,days weeks of work from devs, yet the whole server cries about scouts stop and no change.
I guess it depends on the class you're playing. In my experience Scouts don't win fights with the 45 shield style - they escape fights. If your class has a ranged attack or a shield the Root tactic is ineffective.
Sat 17 Oct 2020 8:00 AM by Kikicorky96
stewbeedoo wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 10:35 PM
I guess it depends on the class you're playing. In my experience Scouts don't win fights with the 45 shield style - they escape fights. If your class has a ranged attack or a shield the Root tactic is ineffective.

Exactly. This Stop is a powerful GTFO/kiting style and this can't be denied, but if, as a melee class, you lose a fight against a scout, it's because of your own wrong choice: Any melee class can counter the root tactic by either interrupting/engaging/snaring or simply running away (which I admit can be shameful against a scout, but as long as they have to do it themselves most of the fights because their melee damages are badly low, I wouldn't see the problem myself).

And honestly, 99% of the melee I myself fought with a scout perfectly knew how to counter the stop rendering it inefective to actually win the fight, so I have no idea who the "whole server complaining about Stop" is about, unless we're talking here about the frustration of not being able to easily kill an archer.
Sun 18 Oct 2020 2:21 PM by shintacki
I may have some bad news for you if youre still waiting on them to nerf anything...
Mon 19 Oct 2020 8:05 PM by oldmanukko
minstrels can win or run away. a ''patient'' minstrel never has to lose a fight.. put their instants on a 3-6min timer.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:42 PM by Parole
shintacki wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 2:21 PM
I may have some bad news for you if youre still waiting on them to nerf anything...

hahah ^^^ This. Ya'll done fucked up A-A-A-Ron!
Wed 21 Oct 2020 3:10 PM by Spiegal
As a pet class focus player, it pains me to see that minstrels is able to get a pet 12-14 levels higher than my class.
I would love a pet normalization, you charm a lvl 55...will get back to level 41-44 like pet owner's class.

Jealousy? maybe... but when you consider the arsenal of the minster if think it's understandable.

- Mezz check
- insta stun check
- Speed check
- Stealth check
- uber pet dmg check
- interrupts check
- ablative checks
- cure mezz check
- sos check
- health regen check
- snare check
- IP check
Wed 21 Oct 2020 4:15 PM by Stoertebecker
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 11:16 AM
Roto23 wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 2:58 PM
The poll results prove you're easy mode, take you nerf beating like a man, it's comin'
Cap bows for all archers to 5.0 speed or give hunters 5.5 bows.

My Huntress is fine with her 5.0 Bow
Wed 21 Oct 2020 4:22 PM by Noashakra
Spiegal wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 3:10 PM
As a pet class focus player, it pains me to see that minstrels is able to get a pet 12-14 levels higher than my class.
I would love a pet normalization, you charm a lvl 55...will get back to level 41-44 like pet owner's class.

Jealousy? maybe... but when you consider the arsenal of the minster if think it's understandable.

- Mezz check
- insta stun check
- Speed check
- Stealth check
- uber pet dmg check
- interrupts check
- ablative checks
- cure mezz check
- sos check
- health regen check
- snare check
- IP check
And pets who bolt from distance and out heal most dps classes 1vs1
Wed 21 Oct 2020 6:31 PM by Forlornhope
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 4:15 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

That's because you haven't used a 5.5 bow, only kind of kidding My hunter's fine as well, but I'm also a melee hunter.
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:55 PM by Stoertebecker
Forlornhope wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 6:31 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

That's because you haven't used a 5.5 bow, only kind of kidding My hunter's fine as well, but I'm also a melee hunter.

I have a scout and a ranger, i like the speed more than the bit more damage.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:12 AM by Forlornhope
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:55 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

Can open up with a 5.5 on crit shot for the spike, then swap to a faster.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:21 AM by Stoertebecker
Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:12 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 9:55 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

Can open up with a 5.5 on crit shot for the spike, then swap to a faster.

Sure, but i`m also not a fan of swaping weapons and there`s already enough stuff to consider.
Switching spears is already a hazzle, good that we have no crush spears.

3,3/2,7 is a good speed. damage is not op but ok.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:13 PM by Parole
Hunter is weakest of all three archers imo. Spear speed vs assassins' evade is cripplingly slow and unforgiving, bow range sucks, pet dmg is good but not as good as a minstrel or sorc pet. They need buffed.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:42 PM by Tashkent
Parole wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:13 PM
Hunter is weakest of all three archers imo. Spear speed vs assassins' evade is cripplingly slow and unforgiving, bow range sucks, pet dmg is good but not as good as a minstrel or sorc pet. They need buffed.

I like this guy.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 5:18 PM by Stoertebecker
Parole wrote:
Hunter is weakest of all three archers imo.

Nope Sir
Fri 23 Oct 2020 3:08 AM by Forlornhope
Parole wrote:

I run a 27 bow melee hunter solo a lot, I do alright against most classes. The biggest issue with them is not having a reliable ASR. I basically have to back stun and side style, and that's the most reliable way. Only other one's off of the evade follow up, which I almost never land against the targets I'm fighting. I do kind of wish they kept the spear style changes they were planning, would have put the ASR as the evade style and the bleed on the follow up. A totally reasonable change imo and would help the class a lot.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:22 PM by Lefreak
DinoTriz wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 6:06 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 5:15 PM

It would more useful if it had some +Hit on it.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to use it to get a Hunter pet off of me, only to completely miss 4 or 5 times in a row. By the time it lands I'm at 10% health.

Never see a scout missing on a hunter pet lolll
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:27 PM by Pogmothan
I am okay with a reduction in archery damage for a increase in weapon skill in melee. The chance to hit against anything in melee is a joke.

However I do fail to understand this one, someone can evade an arrow with their weapons at their hips, especially when its a crit shot.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 2:04 PM by Cadebrennus
Parole wrote:

/groundset 100

/groundset 200

Those are the range "advantages" that a Ranger and Scout have over a Hunter, respectively
Mon 26 Oct 2020 3:10 PM by DinoTriz
Lefreak wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 1:22 PM

It happens to me so much, that's why I mentioned it.

In about 25% of my kills, a Hunter will add onto my fight just as I'm killing someone so I naturally run to break LOS and restealth.

That damn pet though...I try to snare it or slam it. I miss 4 or 5 times in a row. So much so that the Hunter has run up to me just as my stun on his pet lands.

If I got that stun off in 1 or 2 hits, I survive and restealth.

But since there's no +Hit on the ability - it takes around 70 attempts for it to land.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:37 PM by Stoertebecker
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 3:10 PM
Lefreak wrote:

In about 25% of my kills, a Hunter will add onto my fight just as I'm killing someone so I naturally run to break LOS and restealth.

That damn pet though...I try to snare it or slam it. I miss 4 or 5 times in a row. So much so that the Hunter has run up to me just as my stun on his pet lands.

But since there's no +Hit on the ability - it takes around 70 attempts for it to land.

Visit an enchanter and get this nifty 35% bonus
Mon 26 Oct 2020 8:54 PM by Forlornhope
DinoTriz wrote:
Lefreak wrote:

I've never seen a scout miss a shield style on my hunter pet. They will generally slam it, then use stop on it's back or side, maybe that will help. Either way it's a moot point since I have only seen one solo scout since last year, and it ran away from my 10 blade warden. It was mysterie lmao. Added on a fight I was having, other dude broke off when he saw, and after my bubble absorbed one style and I magically parried the other he ran. Guess it's tough out there without his pocket minstrel or his guild mates with him.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:00 PM by DinoTriz
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 7:37 PM
Visit an enchanter and get this nifty 35% bonus

That's WITH the 35% bonus.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:40 PM by Sepplord
DinoTriz wrote:
I miss 4 or 5 times in a row.
I am just waiting for gruenes to chime in and explain that it should not be possible on phoenix to miss that often in a row, due to streak protection and how their RNG is coded, and to please provide a video since you must be encountering an impossible bug.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:55 PM by DinoTriz
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:40 PM
I am just waiting for gruenes to chime in and explain that it should not be possible on phoenix to miss that often in a row, due to streak protection and how their RNG is coded, and to please provide a video since you must be encountering an impossible bug.

Try to use any melee ability with zero +Hit.

Slam is a good example.

Even with 35% Enchant bonus it can take several tries to get it to land.

It's probably the reason (and the high endo cost) why Stop isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be.

They aren't like normal melee attacks that have +10 or +15 Hit. In reality, you sit there spamming the ability while you watch your HP drain.

Maybe I've hit a bad RNG streak...it's possible. But it seems like I never get Slam or Stop to apply on the first try. I'd say the average is 3 tries.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 2:55 PM by gruenesschaf
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 27 Oct 2020 1:40 PM

In case of melee it's a bit more complicated than that since all enemy defenses are bunched together into a single rng call. The rate at which you will not hit due to being dodged / parried / evaded / miss / fumble is deterministic and does avoid streaks, e. g. when attacking a caster where only miss applies you will never see 5 misses in a row at 18% miss chance. Anyways, the single rng call is then translated to the attack result table which is filled with the appropriate amount of miss / block / evade / hit etc but there is nothing really in place to prevent all x encountered defensive results to be a particular kind, only having a defensive result in the first place is covered by streak prevention.

Also the main and offhand are independent when it comes to streak prevention, hence as a dual wielder you can sometimes see a nice streak of failed attacks.
Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:26 PM by Horus
Elimination of the Ellyll Sage pet would be a good 1st step for minstrels. It just adds to much in one pet...powerful heals, no LOS bolts, 2K HPs, tiny and hard to see...easy as hell to get.

As far a scouts...Stop should just use a ton of endo. A scout should not be able to spam slam, stop, sprint, fire to infinity which they can now....
Either that or a scout gets a 10 sec inability to fire the bow after they use Stop. Then it can be used as an escape tool but not an I win against almost all other classes.
Thu 29 Oct 2020 1:14 AM by easytoremember
Horus wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:26 PM
As far a scouts...Stop should just use a ton of endo. A scout should not be able to spam slam, stop, sprint, fire to infinity which they can now....
You should probly try doing what you're describing here and take a good look at your endu at the fire to infinity step, then think about what you can no longer do with that amount of endu
Thu 29 Oct 2020 9:41 AM by Yol
So many Minstrels.... and so many stealthers on this server. Minstrels on life in the old times had a much higher resist on charm-song then here. Easy-Mode Class: Speed, red-pet, insta-stun, mezz, ae-mezz and stealth on one class was a pain in the ass on life-servers too...but here it is totaly overpowerd!

And what did Staff do? Nerf BD Lifeleech to 6sec and dont implement the /formation ability. I think staff-members dont play mid very often.... must be so great playing a minstrel to farm levlers and solos all day long.
Fri 30 Oct 2020 6:29 AM by Sepplord
Yol wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 9:41 AM
So many Minstrels.... and so many stealthers on this server. Minstrels on life in the old times had a much higher resist on charm-song then here. Easy-Mode Class: Speed, red-pet, insta-stun, mezz, ae-mezz and stealth on one class was a pain in the ass on life-servers too...but here it is totaly overpowerd!

And what did Staff do? Nerf BD Lifeleech to 6sec and dont implement the /formation ability. I think staff-members dont play mid very often.... must be so great playing a minstrel to farm levlers and solos all day long.

Let's not pretend minstrel didn't get a ton of nerfs too...

BD is overnerfed though, i agree...lifetap heavily nerfed, and pets don't do more than tickle enemies
Fri 30 Oct 2020 7:07 AM by Forlornhope
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 1:14 AM
Horus wrote:
Wed 28 Oct 2020 11:26 PM
You should probly try doing what you're describing here and take a good look at your endu at the fire to infinity step, then think about what you can no longer do with that amount of endu

You can just pop an end replenish pot and that problem's solved. I do it all the time on my tanks.
Fri 30 Oct 2020 8:12 PM by Parole
The End DOTH NOT Cometh.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics