Dear Admins of phoenix great server ...

Started 8 Oct 2020
by Bo3edan
in RvR
1st of all this server is amazing server!

2nd I wonder if u can make casters cast there self-buffs while moving and Interruptible ... because it’s like when am dead and got PR from my healer I cant cast it in 80% situation ... and also it’s like waste a bit of time if u stop the whole grp to cast resists and self-buff and pom/crack

imo it won’t hurt anyone and wont change anything in pvp tbh , on the other side it will make things flexible and fast !

cheers

MK
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:39 PM by Kurbsen
Bo3edan wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:51 PM
imo it won’t hurt anyone and wont change anything in pvp tbh , on the other side it will make things flexible and fast !

the thing is.. it will hurt people and will change things. Example: Caster dies and gets PR'd, the enemy groups number 1 priority right there is to not let that caster get their shields up. . If you allow casting on the run it enables a huge buff for caster groups
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:53 PM by Bo3edan
Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:39 PM
Bo3edan wrote:

the thing is.. it will hurt people and will change things. Example: Caster dies and gets PR'd, the enemy groups number 1 priority right there is to not let that caster get their shields up. . If you allow casting on the run it enables a huge buff for caster groups

dis agree with the huge buff for caster grps .. since ther is no speedwrap ther is no huge buff for caster grp
Fri 9 Oct 2020 12:27 AM by Kurbsen
Bo3edan wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:53 PM
Kurbsen wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:39 PM
Bo3edan wrote:

dis agree with the huge buff for caster grps .. since ther is no speedwrap ther is no huge buff for caster grp

but theres 99% chance that the person chasing the guy who just got rez'd wont have speed.. speedwarp wouldnt matter. Being able to kite and re-shield would be a huge buff lol
Fri 9 Oct 2020 1:34 AM by bigne88
Maybe insta buffs without mana cost at fz port is good idea, especially for hig power cots to class like wardens.
But insta buff during fight would be too strong.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 1:37 AM by Bo3edan
So u telling me that , the caster have zero chance to live after a rez since 99% he is chased , no self buffs means take the very cap dmg from melees and no healz can catch up

What about the healer ressists ? Pom? it will give advantage also to caster grp ?
Fri 9 Oct 2020 1:43 AM by Bo3edan
Guys am giving u 2 situations, casters self buffs in fight / off fight
Healers timers , pom /crack mostly off fight , why would i stop for that and get caught
Timers wont kill ya if u can do it while moving , and it wont hurt pvp at all

But as a caster i have no chance to live after a PR , no mana and cant cast while melee on u
Fri 9 Oct 2020 2:02 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Allow all timer buffs to be cast on the move while not in combat; if not in combat, they cast as normal.

There, a quality of life improvement that doesn't have any effect at all on fights.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 3:22 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
Bo3edan wrote:
2nd I wonder if u can make casters cast there self-buffs

Why just casters? Why not EVERY class with self buffs?

Your opinion is biased, ill thought out, and should therefore be ignored.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 3:31 AM by easytoremember
moving while casting is dumb
You guys are tearing out the aesthetic of the game with the qol bullshit
Fri 9 Oct 2020 6:39 AM by tommccartney
Casting self buffs while moving .. I’ve heard it all now

Why don’t we all just update our clients to live !
Fri 9 Oct 2020 7:05 AM by Sepplord
last thing the server needs are serverwide casterbuffs...

individual casters beind adjusted can make sense, a realmoverarching buff to casters exacerbates the castermeta issue
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:29 AM by keen
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 7:05 AM

individual casters beind adjusted can make sense, a realmoverarching buff to casters exacerbates the castermeta issue
he suggested out of combat which is just a qol and not a caster buff. can also implement it that it cant be casted while moving after rezzes. there are ways to make this work.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 11:25 AM by DJ2000
Make it possible in PvE zones, sure why not.

in RvR zones? No.

If u want to cast the Selfbuffs, than u have to stand still and cast them.

Maybe it gives a Stealther the perfect opportunity to attack u while you are RB'ing?
Maybe it gives another Grp the perfect opportunity to catch your whole Grp out, because 1 (or more) are recasting timers?
There can be endless examples.

This is the whole point of RvR.
The simple notion that these would have no impact, regardless if in combat or not, is ridiculous.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 11:33 AM by tommccartney
It’s suppose to be one of the cons of being a cloth wearer.
Fri 9 Oct 2020 12:00 PM by Sepplord
keen wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:29 AM
Sepplord wrote:

he suggested out of combat which is just a qol and not a caster buff. can also implement it that it cant be casted while moving after rezzes. there are ways to make this work.

how so?
Groups having to stop and rebuff is time in which they can be ambushed.
It creates a decisionmaking process where you ask yourself, can we take the risk and rebuff just here or should we go XYZ to be more safe. Or can we maybe even do another round looking for fights before we rebuff?

A castergroup that wants to leave fast after a fight might not give all casters time to rebuff their bubble, or because of the hasty move some forget and they get another fight before a rebuff was done.

It's not just QOL, and i main a caster myself.
QOL would be Timers not losing duration while AFK in warcamp, but i doubt that'S worth the effort of implementation
Sun 11 Oct 2020 1:06 PM by keen
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 12:00 PM
keen wrote:
Fri 9 Oct 2020 10:29 AM
Sepplord wrote:

how so?
Groups having to stop and rebuff is time in which they can be ambushed.
It creates a decisionmaking process where you ask yourself, can we take the risk and rebuff just here or should we go XYZ to be more safe. Or can we maybe even do another round looking for fights before we rebuff?

A castergroup that wants to leave fast after a fight might not give all casters time to rebuff their bubble, or because of the hasty move some forget and they get another fight before a rebuff was done.

It's not just QOL, and i main a caster myself.
QOL would be Timers not losing duration while AFK in warcamp, but i doubt that'S worth the effort of implementation
well thats a very theoretical case, then there should also be no resist for 20min and just be 10min for the same reason.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 4:41 PM by Frigzy
Big no.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 8:25 PM by Freedomcall
lol not needed at all.
Tue 13 Oct 2020 10:09 AM by Sepplord
keen wrote:
Sun 11 Oct 2020 1:06 PM
well thats a very theoretical case, then there should also be no resist for 20min and just be 10min for the same reason.

what is a theoretical case?
i constantly hear my svg friend saying "lol, he didn't even have bubble up" and it regularly happens that i am unable to recast bubble before moving away.

Also last time i played caster timers (AF/Absorb/Bubble) were 20min duration...no wait 23minutes even iirr

You got a ten minute timer?
Another reason why this would NOT be a QOL-change, but a balance change, buffing the shorter timers
Tue 13 Oct 2020 12:19 PM by Xenosapien
None of these changes are going to bring people back.

The vast majority of the community wants quicker action, teleporters that take you to the task zones.

But then keeps are pointless, and you will never get one side of the community to agree with the other.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics