Duo reimagining

Started 8 Oct 2020
by brawson
in RvR
Hello!
Years ago my buddy and I ran a bard valewalker duo and had fairly strong success. Now we are wanting to make a similar feeling duo on alb. Is there a duo that would be reasonably close in feel as well as viability?

Thanks so much for your time!!
Thu 8 Oct 2020 8:30 AM by wanama
Reaver Mini
Thu 8 Oct 2020 8:56 AM by Centenario
Minstrel + Reaver would be the closest yes, because reaver can do as much damage as a valewalker.

But reaver has access to shield/slam, which undermines the minstrel stun.

Something cool could be scout + minst or minst +theurg/wiz

If you want to keep the heal aspect, it would be minst + friar, but friar damage is kinda low compared to valewalker/theurg/scout/wiz/reaver and you have only 1 interrupt from range on a long cd.
Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:19 AM by brawson
How would reaver sorc fare?

Also ty all for the replies! Super helpful and nice
Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:23 AM by Sepplord
brawson wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:19 AM
How would reaver sorc fare?

Also ty all for the replies! Super helpful and nice
in a good fight situation, they would be very strong...finding those without the ability to run away from anyone with a bard/skald though will be really tough
Thu 8 Oct 2020 12:56 PM by LegalEagle52
Be warned: running anything less than a FG on this server at the moment is an unforgiving playstyle that requires a lot of patience and luck.
Thu 8 Oct 2020 1:00 PM by Bradekes
I think friar/mini would be more similar.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:52 PM by Siouxsie
It's a real damn shame you can only do these "power duos" on Hib or Alb. Mid needs at least 3 for the same kind of utility because it's been nerfed into the ground on this server.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 2:19 PM by Bradekes
Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 1:52 PM
It's a real damn shame you can only do these "power duos" on Hib or Alb. Mid needs at least 3 for the same kind of utility because it's been nerfed into the ground on this server.

What exactly has been nerfed to the ground? Pretty sure mid can duo just as well as the other two realms.. run dark bd+skald.. bd instant debuff skald dds and has good dmg+ pets to help with additional players.. there are plenty of other combos too not sure how mid been nerfed so that they can't duo...
Mon 19 Oct 2020 2:35 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Siouxsie wrote:

It's an even bigger shame that people buy into the hype about Midgard sucking when they have just as many good combinations as the other realms do; not having something and not being willing to use something are not the same.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 2:50 PM by thirian24
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 2:35 PM
Siouxsie wrote:

It's an even bigger shame that people buy into the hype about Midgard sucking when they have just as many good combinations as the other realms do; not having something and not being willing to use something are not the same.

Siouxsie is a mid fanboi.

After a while of reading his/her forums posts and region chats, thats all he/she does is complain that mid is nerfed/sucks and that the other realms are overpowered and the staff favors the other 2. I would never give much weight to what Siouxsie says.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:09 PM by thirian24
Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:04 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 2:50 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:

After a while of reading his/her forums posts and region chats, thats all he/she does is complain that mid is nerfed/sucks and that the other realms are overpowered and the staff favors the other 2. I would never give much weight to what Siouxsie says.

So says the "Solo kills Nightshade" who hates stealthers now.
You're a walking definition of hypocrite. At least I stay in Midgard and not realm hop when it suits me.

Just more crying from you. I left hib b/c I achieved a goal that I set out to do, nothing more. I'm not loyal to a realm, I'm just here to have fun.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:58 PM by Azrael
thirian24 wrote:
After a while of reading his/her forums posts and region chats, thats all he/she does is complain that mid is nerfed/sucks and that the other realms are overpowered and the staff favors the other 2.

This. :}
Mon 19 Oct 2020 8:51 PM by Expfighter
lol Thirian, that's a joke of a player!
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:11 PM by tommccartney
I’ve played Mins & Caba and there was a lot of util, and was quite fun.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:11 PM by Stoertebecker
thirian24 wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:09 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 3:04 PM
thirian24 wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Siouxsie wrote:

So says the "Solo kills Nightshade" who hates stealthers now.
You're a walking definition of hypocrite. At least I stay in Midgard and not realm hop when it suits me.

Just more crying from you. I left hib b/c I achieved a goal that I set out to do, nothing more. I'm not loyal to a realm, I'm just here to have fun.

Well, i don`t think it`s just crying from a mid-fanboi until you come up with a class-combination in midgard that has the same viability as bard/vw or minst/reaver or minst/sorc.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:36 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Skald/RM
Skald/SM
Skald/ANY Mid Tank

If you don't think these can stand up to Mini/Reaver and Bard/VW, you're high.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:39 PM by tommccartney
Only on Phoenix forum can I guy start a thread asking for advice on what classes make a good duo, and only 1-2 pages into the thread people are throwing personal insults around pass me the popcorn
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:44 PM by Stoertebecker
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 19 Oct 2020 9:36 PM
Skald/RM
Skald/SM
Skald/ANY Mid Tank

If you don't think these can stand up to Mini/Reaver and Bard/VW, you're high.

Compare those 3 combinations to the 3 combinations i`ve mentioned directly.
The Mid-Duo`s are good, but are far from the viability and utility that Minst/Reaver Bard/VW or Minst/Sorc have.

Bzw, still no ora/red con pets and insta amnesia in Midgard, and no mezz on Bolt range.
Mon 19 Oct 2020 11:31 PM by gromet12
brawson wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 8:14 AM
Hello!
Years ago my buddy and I ran a bard valewalker duo and had fairly strong success. Now we are wanting to make a similar feeling duo on alb. Is there a duo that would be reasonably close in feel as well as viability?

Thanks so much for your time!!

Sorc/arms
Mini/arms
Sorc/Cabby (one of best duo's other than lack of speed 6, but alb is full of pocket minstrels, just invite one for speed tbh)

Or speed/caster

For mid the best setup is Skald/SM IMO. The skald becomes the delivery driver while the SM does all the heavy loading and can debuff for the skalds DD's (every bit helps the skalds poor dps)

To me duo's work when you have aoe cc options (reason only mentioning setups similar to your VW/Bard (which is one of the best duo's especially when the VW gets rr)
Fri 23 Oct 2020 3:50 AM by Forlornhope
Doesn't matter much what duo you run as long as there's a speed class in it. Even with speed six you're going to get run over all day by fgs and stealth zergs.
Sun 1 Nov 2020 8:39 AM by Siouxsie
Yes, this is what I am saying. A Mid duo (as in 2 players) doesn't have even HALF the utility of an alb or hib duo.

Have yet to see Thirian contribute anything meaningful in any conversation on these forums.
Sun 1 Nov 2020 9:15 AM by Astaa
You would need mincer for speed and CC, perhaps a friar/mincer combo? That would cover most of what you get from a bard/VW.

Not sure about Mid, would have to be Skald/X but you would be missing baselines and heals. Mid really needs a base buffing hybrid.
Sun 1 Nov 2020 9:40 AM by Runental
Skald + Dark SM 4tw
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics