Assassins equipment options//Switch realm??

Started 6 Oct 2020
by ProudGinger
in RvR
I'm thinking of coming back and was wondering if I should switch realm to have a new experience. Usually play midgard and have a few lvl 50 templated and ready to roll. Was thinking of maybe switching to hib to play a caster (something I've never done in daoc, usually prefered melee).

The issue, I usually play my shadowblade during the quiet time so I can get some 1v1, 1vX here and there. What i'm wondering, I'm running 3 dot build on my shadowblade at the moment and was wondering what options do the NS have? I heard they have a dex/qui debuff sword, is that better than the 3 dot build from shadowblade?

My debate right now, keep playing mid and play my usual class and template my runie so I can play a caster or start from scratch on hibs for a brand new experience (never played hib, played alb on live and midgard till freshard exist)

Would you rather start new and play a caster + NS (which I heard is the superior assassin on phoenix. Is that true? Even if they change the styles? (My sb is 50 LA spec)
Or
Stick around on mid where everything is more familar, easy for me (already got a crafter, farmer and some plats)

Forget Alb, played too much alb live and have no intention of playing alb on phoenix

Thanks !!
Tue 6 Oct 2020 1:43 AM by darkstar00
I mean, I made the move to Hib back in May basically doing what you are trying to do... made an enchanter first, then an Ani, then made my NS. It's worked out well so far and Hib is a fun realm. I also think Ani is a far more superior farming class to anything Mid has.

The crafting time-sink sucks to get your salvaging skills back up to 1100 on another realm but its not too big a deal. I would just do it, you will always have your SB either way.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 6:55 AM by Sepplord
personally i would not invest into a second assassin, since the playstyle do not vary a lot and i would prefer to just have one stronger assassin then...

but a switch into something new is always appealing, and if it is the last realm you are missing, i would rather play my caster there than in midgard (especially considering RM-slots in groups aren't overabundant and the midzerg is going less constantly than the hibzerg

Hard decision
Tue 6 Oct 2020 8:02 AM by Noashakra
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 6:55 AM
personally i would not invest into a second assassin, since the playstyle do not vary a lot and i would prefer to just have one stronger assassin then...

but a switch into something new is always appealing, and if it is the last realm you are missing, i would rather play my caster there than in midgard (especially considering RM-slots in groups aren't overabundant and the midzerg is going less constantly than the hibzerg

Hard decision

If you play with a PuG or team, you need to have an asn on each realm you play with the rvr timer, it's too complicated otherwise.
Wed 7 Oct 2020 10:40 PM by ProudGinger
Well I guess i'll switch over to hibernia. Basically going to try and make an old MMO new again.

Would you recommend starting with an animist as my farming character? I intent to play enchanter, eldritch, mentalist (maybe) and NS. I have no intention to play my animist other than to farm, should I just focus on chanter or eld instead?

Any other tips for hibernia ?
Thu 8 Oct 2020 12:48 AM by gotwqqd
ProudGinger wrote:
Wed 7 Oct 2020 10:40 PM
Well I guess i'll switch over to hibernia. Basically going to try and make an old MMO new again.

Would you recommend starting with an animist as my farming character? I intent to play enchanter, eldritch, mentalist (maybe) and NS. I have no intention to play my animist other than to farm, should I just focus on chanter or eld instead?

How much money can you port over from your other realm?
Do you need a farmer?
Thu 8 Oct 2020 2:23 AM by darkstar00
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 12:48 AM
ProudGinger wrote:

How much money can you port over from your other realm?
Do you need a farmer?

Good choice, welcome to Hib land!

If you plan on playing an NS sooner rather than later then yes make an Ani first to start farming to fund the temp. Also will depend on how much plat you have and can transfer over like mentioned. You will need a caster temp as well... but that isn't hard to make.

I would also recommend joining a guild that is quite active like Green Machine or Mythical Gladiators.
Thu 8 Oct 2020 4:30 AM by gotwqqd
I’ll salvage all your top level gear and accessories for 5%
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:27 AM by ProudGinger
I have 10p on mid, but about 50p worth of feathers. I would like to keep the money/item/feathers on mid and start from scratch on hib though, just in case I regret playing on mid after a while.

Also I read everywhere that mid is the underpopulated realm, but most of the time I check the population on the website, it's always alb with the highest population and mid second and hib with 25-50 pop lower than mid. Is mid considered the underdog because they don't run as many 8 mans?
Thu 8 Oct 2020 1:23 PM by LolaEbola
ProudGinger wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:27 AM
I have 10p on mid, but about 50p worth of feathers. I would like to keep the money/item/feathers on mid and start from scratch on hib though, just in case I regret playing on mid after a while.

Also I read everywhere that mid is the underpopulated realm, but most of the time I check the population on the website, it's always alb with the highest population and mid second and hib with 25-50 pop lower than mid. Is mid considered the underdog because they don't run as many 8 mans?

Full time mid here.. I’d say mid is the underdog because we actually run *too many* 8 mans. All too often, I get 2fg in the bg, with 60 mids in the task zone running flags.

It is what it is. There’s always a natural ebb and flow to these things. We’ll be back on top one day. Til then, I’ll keep clicking that hammer every day.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 11:07 PM by Gildar
ProudGinger wrote:

Welcome to the Green Hibland

Hope you have fun with us.

Some advice: best farm char is animist, but also chanter is good for make money.
Whats the difference ?

Animist can farm solo, chanter need grp (trio chanter, druid and animist is the best). BUT ani spec for farm is not viable in rvr. Chanter spec is the same pve or rvr, and with WP5 chanter can also do DS runs for rogs and feathers.

Join Hib zerg ... we have great, solid and consistent leaders (Pilz, Gilboom and Smap) almost 24/7, you have fun with us i hope.

LolaEbola wrote:
ProudGinger wrote:
Thu 8 Oct 2020 10:27 AM

Full time mid here.. I’d say mid is the underdog because we actually run *too many* 8 mans. All too often, I get 2fg in the bg, with 60 mids in the task zone running flags.

It is what it is. There’s always a natural ebb and flow to these things. We’ll be back on top one day. Til then, I’ll keep clicking that hammer every day.

Max respect for Loola. Loyal and fair player.
You are right, mid are 2nd realm for toon logged but by far the underdog in rvr.
It is strange for an Hib player read what you wrote, in Hib we have 75% of players join BG and rest doing flags ... maybe that's the reason Mid are so weak in RvR .... and before all mids come insulting me i know ... there is also a problem of balancing RvR things ... but this must be addressed to Devs not at me :p
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics