Bridge wars

Started 29 Sep 2020
by Baker
in RvR
The numbers during the NA evening play ~11p EST. have dropped yes, but the style of pvp of late has been very lame. I wont go into specifics but as a duo, the frontier has lost most of its luster for us and unfortunately its reached a point to where we are looking to play something else. We don't want to but with everyone camping their own bridge (8-10 solo's not grouped collectively killing) and 8man's feeling starved and mowing us down, there isn't much to do besides lose heavily outnumbered fights. The server generally at that time of night consists heavily of stealthers (up to 1/4 of the people out there) and this doesnt include the amount of people afk at frontier town. Its difficult to express my intentions with this post and not have it come off as griping because people dont want to play this game to my specific liking but it doesnt seem right to have to run around a vast frontier only to find either 8 people grouped or 8 people on a bridge. I wish there was a place that a duo or solo could go that would be able to find even or slightly uneven fights that didnt take 2 hours to find ::cough cough pvp zone cough::

Wondering what you guys' thoughts are on this and if you had any suggestions on how to make NA time more enjoyable?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:30 PM by DinoTriz
I bet it's because we've recently come off the event and everyone is out right now with their fresh 50s.

They'll probably get bored and head back to their mains soon.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 12:29 AM by Xenosapien
No reason to log in during NA time unless your running 8.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 9:20 AM by Noashakra
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:30 PM
I bet it's because we've recently come off the event and everyone is out right now with their fresh 50s.

They'll probably get bored and head back to their mains soon.

Lots of people soloing stopped due to the mentality of a lot of players here.
When I see a well known hunter adder 11L who blows up his instant speed to add my 1vs1 at clipping range, it says it all. I am ok with that, but a lot of people don't have the patience for that anymore.

The coast guarding is also through the roof, I see small man (3+) doing their own bridge - docks the whole night hopping to make 100rps on an add.
So yeah I get why people don't want to play to get farmed all day long.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 3:49 PM by Parole
On a positive note I have seen some 8v8 fairfights trying to stay in EV. Mostly Draks groups, but a few others obv. Hopefully the rest of the 8man will follow suit and leave the small man, docks, bridges alone. They get waaaaaay less adds this way and it causes less hate against them.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 3:53 PM by thirian24
No small/solo QoL for you!!!!!
Mon 5 Oct 2020 4:10 PM by Parole
thirian24 wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 3:53 PM

Hahaha now you've just become a different kind of monster. You're welcome.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 4:18 PM by thirian24
Parole wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 4:10 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Mon 5 Oct 2020 3:53 PM

Hahaha now you've just become a different kind of monster. You're welcome.

No, it was sarcasm.

But lets face it. There will not be any small/solo QoL. They have tried a few things, and apparently a few bad apples have ruined any chances of something long lasting sticking around.

Im not gonna sit here and blame the staff or point fingers, but if you wanna be successful on this server, you only have a few of options.

1. Join the zerg and PvDoor
2. Stealth zerg/coast guard
3. Find a reliable 8man that plays consistently
4. Find a new game to play

I finally had enough and went the 8man route and its muuuuuuch better than coming here begging for something that'll never happen or stick around.

If you do anything other than that, you're gonna have a pretty miserable time here, and if you think (to the OP) by coming here to the forums to plead your case, will change anything, well you're just beating a dead horse.
Mon 5 Oct 2020 4:22 PM by Parole
I actually think small man is super fun and viable to hunt stealth zergs w/ lucidity pots, and can get good fights. But I agree with you, the key to enjoying yourself on this server is to enlist the help of others.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 7:08 AM by Sepplord
assassinzergs and mixed groups are fun to fight as smallman, even when they are more
archerzergs though leave room for basically no counterplay

That said, smallmen could easily roam the smallmen-zones yet we almost never meet someone there, and find most smallmen when we away from the smallmenzone towards a dock-keep.

PS: use /fairfight toggle as smallman to see/find other smallgroups
Tue 6 Oct 2020 11:46 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 7:08 AM
assassinzergs and mixed groups are fun to fight as smallman, even when they are more
archerzergs though leave room for basically no counterplay

That said, smallmen could easily roam the smallmen-zones yet we almost never meet someone there, and find most smallmen when we away from the smallmenzone towards a dock-keep.

PS: use /fairfight toggle as smallman to see/find other smallgroups

On Live and Phoenix we've countered the Archer zerg by adding one or two Archers to a Visi group, smallman or 8man
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics