Best stealther class to hunt stealthers

Started 29 Sep 2020
by bigne88
in RvR
Greetings,

I'm completly new to stealth game and I'd like to ask you: which is the best stealther to hunt down 1+ other stealthers, especially archers? I wanna hunt down and give no quartets to every adder, dock sitter and grey killer there is.
You might say "to kill suck nobs any class can work"; agree.
For sure I dont wanna play ranger, cause is the most populated class and will be my main target.
I was thinking something with a bit more versability and survaibility, like scout or hunter.

Any hints?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:38 AM by Ceen
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:30 AM
Greetings,

I'm completly new to stealth game and I'd like to ask you: which is the best stealther to hunt down 1+ other stealthers, especially archers? I wanna hunt down and give no quartets to every adder, dock sitter and grey killer there is.
For sure I dont wanna play ranger, cause is the most populated class and will be my main target.
I was thinking something with a bit more versability and survaibility, like scout or hunter.

Any hints?
The sole reason why there are soo many stealthers is: There is no good class for hunting them down.
Unlike retail daoc Mastery of Stealth doesn't increase range of detection and well here we are ^^
It's the 4th realm you have to be lucky they add on your enemies and not you.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:41 AM by boridi
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?
Critblade. I hear of a critblade called Borideux that spanks everything.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:56 AM by bigne88
boridi wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:41 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

what is a critblade? XD
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:09 PM by boridi
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:56 AM
boridi wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

what is a critblade? XD
A shadowblade with a lot of points in critical strike. A shadowblade that can get off positionals instead of just spamming doublefrost.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:19 PM by asnusia
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

lol solo ranger main target

it's an extinted class
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:54 PM by Tashkent
Blade NS.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:58 PM by WildWilbur
Tashkent wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:54 PM
Blade NS.

No, Valkyn Hunter!
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:02 PM by bigne88
WildWilbur wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:58 PM
Tashkent wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:54 PM
Blade NS.

No, Valkyn Hunter!

That would be intersting.
What about scout? With that shield haxxor seems like be very survivaible.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:33 PM by DinoTriz
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:02 PM
What about scout? With that shield haxxor seems like be very survivaible.

With shield stun, it's effective (if they don't have Purge up - which they do usually)

With the shield snare ability, good luck. Stealther snare poison makes kiting with that hard.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:44 PM by DinoTriz
If you want to also be stealthed, then probably one of the Assassins or Minst is your best bet.

Archers are the small fish in the stealth pond.

For visible, you could do Champ, Thane, Merc, Friar. Maybe VW too? You could dress like a stealther with Friar and VW to bait them too.

I've thought about making a solo Merc (like Jackle) that just smacks around stealthers.

Also, it would be cool to implement a "Bounty Killer" system in the game. A bonus RP for killing a player who recently killed a grey player or something.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:23 PM by bigne88
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 2:44 PM
If you want to also be stealthed, then probably one of the Assassins or Minst is your best bet.

Archers are the small fish in the stealth pond.

For visible, you could do Champ, Thane, Merc, Friar. Maybe VW too? You could dress like a stealther with Friar and VW to bait them too.

I've thought about making a solo Merc (like Jackle) that just smacks around stealthers.

Also, it would be cool to implement a "Bounty Killer" system in the game. A bonus RP for killing a player who recently killed a grey player or something.

Thanks for your inputs.
I'm plenty of visi classes but wont be usefull for what I wanna do.
I want to navigate unseen around the small men/8v8 areas/exp areas, wait for some stealther to pop out to grief, pop out myself and kill them / make them flee away.
Mincer would be intersting but, without a pet, wont do much damage; a melee stealther needs time to crawl to the targhet. An archer has some range to react faster.
Makes sense?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:27 PM by Sepplord
yeah in that case archer would be best

archers are also the best stealth-detectors as they can see assassins 250units far, while assassins can see other assassins in 125units
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:37 PM by DinoTriz
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:23 PM
Thanks for your inputs.
I'm plenty of visi classes but wont be usefull for what I wanna do.
I want to navigate unseen around the small men/8v8 areas/exp areas, wait for some stealther to pop out to grief, pop out myself and kill them / make them flee away.
Mincer would be intersting but, without a pet, wont do much damage; a melee stealther needs time to crawl to the targhet. An archer has some range to react faster.
Makes sense?

Ah, so the playstyle would be reactive. Adding the Adders. Yeah, archer is probably best bet then.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:08 PM by WildWilbur
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 3:27 PM

archers are also the best stealth-detectors as they can see assassins 250units far, while assassins can see other assassins in 125units

Nope, the other way around: https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/607-stealther-changes
Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:22 PM by Kappu
Ceen wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:38 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?
The sole reason why there are soo many stealthers is: There is no good class for hunting them down.
Unlike retail daoc Mastery of Stealth doesn't increase range of detection and well here we are ^^

MOS never worked on retail as intended... Scouts, Rangers, and Hunters could go higher into MOS than an assassin and see them at a further range which negates the whole point of playing an assassin. If you want real vanilla pre NF and expansions bring back the old RA See Hidden for assassins which were permanent stealth lore against Archers and Minstrels. You could see them at clip range and the game was way healthier with this old ability.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:26 PM by darkstar00
So you're essentially gonna be an add farmer off of adds, which is against your view of daoc rvr.

Sounds good lol.

Edit: scout. Plenty of scouts already do this btw.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 7:26 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
bigne88 wrote:
Any hints?

Go ahead and roll an archer and see what happens. You'll get your head kicked in alone. That's why they tend to roam in groups.

You want an assassin. The detection range for assassins is further than for archers and mins, so you'll be able to see them first as an assassin, and be on equal terms with other assassins, depending on your stealth spec, of course.

Good luck being the "lone crusader", though, because at low RR you're going to suck against the already established assassin community, and the vast majority of them run in packs, NOT solo, so you'll basically be free rp's for awhile.

If you want the ez mode path to stealth success, than role an inf and form another inf/mins/scout trio, and get in line to camp CG, uppland and the relic docks with the rest of them.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:07 PM by bigne88
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 7:26 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Any hints?

Go ahead and roll an archer and see what happens. You'll get your head kicked in alone. That's why they tend to roam in groups.

You want an assassin. The detection range for assassins is further than for archers and mins, so you'll be able to see them first as an assassin, and be on equal terms with other assassins, depending on your stealth spec, of course.

Good luck being the "lone crusader", though, because at low RR you're going to suck against the already established assassin community, and the vast majority of them run in packs, NOT solo, so you'll basically be free rp's for awhile.

If you want the ez mode path to stealth success, than role an inf and form another inf/mins/scout trio, and get in line to camp CG, uppland and the relic docks with the rest of them.

jeez, this dosent sound so appealing
But I'm sure that the archers that groups to leech 8v8 or small men or 1v1 are really bad players...so it will compensate with my low RR.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:10 PM by bigne88
darkstar00 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:26 PM
So you're essentially gonna be an add farmer off of adds, which is against your view of daoc rvr.

Sounds good lol.

I wanna leech from the leechers that made me not enjoying daoc anymore.
I mean, stealthers are killing the server anyway...I will re-pay them with the same coin. Or die trying ofc.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:39 PM by DinoTriz
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:07 PM
But I'm sure that the archers that groups to leech 8v8 or small men or 1v1 are really bad players...so it will compensate with my low RR.

Prepare to be disappointed
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:40 PM by LolaEbola
boridi wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:09 PM
bigne88 wrote:
boridi wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

what is a critblade? XD
A shadowblade with a lot of points in critical strike. A shadowblade that can get off positionals instead of just spamming doublefrost.

Wait, do you think shadowzerkers just spam doublefrost, or was that just a joke?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:41 PM by LolaEbola
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:10 PM
darkstar00 wrote:

Sounds good lol.

I mean, stealthers are killing the server anyway...I will re-pay them with the same coin. Or die trying ofc.

Good. Gooooooooooooood. Let the hate... flow through you.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:57 PM by DinoTriz
LolaEbola wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:41 PM

I always found the hate for stealthers interesting. It seems to exist in every game.

It's like the hate for snipers in real war. Something about the way they kill is very personal.

Also, stealthers attract a certain player. Someone who is thirsty for action. The stealth game can at times be quiet, so a stealther may feed his hunger by tearing into targets that others think he should avoid.

I dunno, they don't bother me. Unless they constantly camp a grey for no reason or something. I just find the whole scenario interesting.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:10 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
bigne88 wrote:

It won't be.

As a lone archer you'll be at a disadvantage to assassins who can see you from a further distance and have better melee than you do, access to the vanish RA, plus poisons. Combine that with the fact that the majority of stealth chars run in groups, and your success and targeting opportunities will be very limited.

The reason stealthers group is exactly because they are so weak against the combined forces of the average visible group when they run solo. Solo archers and assassins don't have the dps to kill anything on a regular basis that's level 50, temped, and with a non-afk healer before they get cc'd, interupted, or tanked to death. By grouping, or adding on targets already in a fight, they can actually have the dps to get a kill, and some rp's, before they get cc'd/tanked/nuked to death. Oh, and then there's the stealth lore for EVERYONE that wants it...

You'll find out.

Please tell us how you do.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:28 PM by darkstar00
bigne88 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

Sounds good lol.

By stealthers you mean archers? because assassins aren't really that disruptive to small man and all that... at least from what i see...
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:36 PM by bigne88
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:10 PM
bigne88 wrote:

It won't be.

As a lone archer you'll be at a disadvantage to assassins who can see you from a further distance and have better melee than you do, access to the vanish RA, plus poisons. Combine that with the fact that the majority of stealth chars run in groups, and your success and targeting opportunities will be very limited.

The reason stealthers group is exactly because they are so weak against the combined forces of the average visible group when they run solo. Solo archers and assassins don't have the dps to kill anything on a regular basis that's level 50, temped, and with a non-afk healer before they get cc'd, interupted, or tanked to death. By grouping, or adding on targets already in a fight, they can actually have the dps to get a kill, and some rp's, before they get cc'd/tanked/nuked to death. Oh, and then there's the stealth lore for EVERYONE that wants it...

You'll find out.

Please tell us how you do.
Thanks for the imput. Prolly my best option then is rolling a sb and hunt scouts and rangers. Prolly I can at least bring one with me before his friends kill me.
How much it cost a decent sb tp?
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:47 PM by shintacki
Well if you want an MP quality left axe with a lifetap proc and the ideal speed then that one item alone is like 15p+... at least that was the case last time I monitored the /trade channels
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:58 PM by protege
shintacki wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 9:47 PM
Well if you want an MP quality left axe with a lifetap proc and the ideal speed then that one item alone is like 15p+... at least that was the case last time I monitored the /trade channels

Last I saw 99% 2.4's go for about 10p+...

MPs are rarer than hen's teeth

Unless they've changed the drop rate and I'm completely wrong.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:15 PM by darkstar00
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

Sounds good lol.

Lol right
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:12 AM by boridi
LolaEbola wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:40 PM
boridi wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
boridi wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

what is a critblade? XD

Wait, do you think shadowzerkers just spam doublefrost, or was that just a joke?
All jokes have an element of truth. Can't image playing my SB without at least 34 CS.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:31 AM by LolaEbola
boridi wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:12 AM
LolaEbola wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:40 PM
boridi wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
boridi wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

what is a critblade? XD

All jokes have an element of truth. Can't image playing my SB without at least 34 CS.

I started with 10 CS, at rr8, I have 24. At rr9, I still won’t have 34. I feel like I do pretty well.

Different strokes for different folks, my friend.

But I assure you, I don’t just spam doublefrost.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:40 AM by dbeattie71
Shar Ranger, melee specd.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:42 AM by Noashakra
The problem with SB SZ, it's that if you open with your anytime, you are slighly favored to win the fight.
If you on the otherside open with PA, it's really hard to come back.

dbeattie71 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:40 AM
Shar Ranger, melee specd.

if you like to afk 15mn each time IP is not up to have a 50/50 chance to win vs someone of your rank, sure.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 6:07 AM by bigne88
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

Sounds good lol.

Gotta catch em all!
Wed 30 Sep 2020 6:19 AM by inoeth
Kappu wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 6:22 PM
Ceen wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:38 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Greetings,

Any hints?

MOS never worked on retail as intended... Scouts, Rangers, and Hunters could go higher into MOS than an assassin and see them at a further range which negates the whole point of playing an assassin. If you want real vanilla pre NF and expansions bring back the old RA See Hidden for assassins which were permanent stealth lore against Archers and Minstrels. You could see them at clip range and the game was way healthier with this old ability.

no it was not, not the slightest

OT:
melee speced hunter is a real killer if played correctly, so is SB sz spec with tripple dot (hint: dont buy life tap la, get a crafted 2.4 with a dot and dragonmight)
crit blade is not a real option at lower ranks because you sacrifice too much la spec and therefore dmg
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:30 AM by Sepplord
WildWilbur wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:08 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Nope, the other way around: https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/607-stealther-changes

that is outdated information, detection has been changed since then
Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:00 AM by inoeth
what sepplord says!

hey devs! what about the wiki? any progress? i see alot ppl charing wrong information because you cant really find the right ones in all the patch notes, would be nice if there was an overview of all the custom stuff like it used to be in the wiki.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:25 PM by Tyrlaan
WildWilbur wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Check https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes

2019-05-22 Wednesday
- archers now have the same detection range against archers and assassins as assassins have against archers
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:55 PM by bigne88
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:30 AM
WildWilbur wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

that is outdated information, detection has been changed since then
So melee stealthers sees archers first?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:06 PM by WildWilbur
Tyrlaan wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:25 PM
WildWilbur wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Check https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes

2019-05-22 Wednesday
- archers now have the same detection range against archers and assassins as assassins have against archers

WTF, didn't knew that! Why on earth did they changed that?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:47 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:55 PM

Here you go.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/607-stealther-changes

Assuming 50 comb spec stealth for everyone:
Assassins see other assassins at a range of 125.
Assassins see archers at a range of 250.
Assassins see minstrels at a range of 250.
Archers see assassins at a range of 125.
Archers see other archers at a range of 125.
Archers see minstrels at a range of 125.
Minstrels see assassins at a range of 125.
Minstrels see archers at a range of 125.
Minstrels see other minstrels at a range of 125.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:04 PM by WildWilbur
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:47 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:55 PM

Here you go.
https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/607-stealther-changes

Assuming 50 comb spec stealth for everyone:
Assassins see other assassins at a range of 125.
Assassins see archers at a range of 250.
Assassins see minstrels at a range of 250.
Archers see assassins at a range of 125.
Archers see other archers at a range of 125.
Archers see minstrels at a range of 125.
Minstrels see assassins at a range of 125.
Minstrels see archers at a range of 125.
Minstrels see other minstrels at a range of 125.

Well, no, that's what I thought too but I stood corrected:

Tyrlaan wrote: Check https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes

2019-05-22 Wednesday

So assassins got no stealth advantage to archers anymore...
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:34 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
WildWilbur wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:04 PM
So assassins got no stealth advantage to archers anymore...

Thank you.

Now I'm really confused. They made no mention of changes to sin detection range, so I'm assuming it's still 125 for sins to detect other sins.

Whacky devs.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 1:04 AM by Lokkjim
Forum: Suggestions Topic: Allow MoS to be trained via RSP Replies: 46 Views: 1185Thu 23 Jul 2020 9:09 AM

gruenesschaf
Re: Allow MoS to be trained via RSP
Just to have the ranges somewhere, level 50 chars against stealther with 50 comp stealth, more than 50 comp stealth has no effect against players:

The base detection range is 150
Assassins have +150 against assassins, +250 against archer, +350 against minstrels
Archer have +250 against assassins, archer, minstrels

On top of that comes the friendly stealther nearby increase and a reduction if above sprint speed.

For some reason, I can't open the original post but I searched it out and saw this as the latest post from a dev about stealth detection.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 3:34 PM by Fugax
Hungry 8 mans with stealth lore pots.....
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics