Server has 0 respect

Started 27 Sep 2020
by Stynkfyst28
in RvR
This has been one of the most toxic servers I have ever played. There is literally no respect for fights at all. People add 8m's constantly forcing the 8m to constantly kill soloers. Literally 0 respect. I see why the big players are quitting.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 6:01 PM by gotwqqd
Good
Sun 27 Sep 2020 6:06 PM by Shynoob86
This has been one of the most toxic servers I have ever played. There is literally no respect for fights at all. People add Soloers constantly forcing the Soloers to constantly add 8m's. Literally 0 respect. I see why the big players are quitting.

work too !
Sun 27 Sep 2020 6:54 PM by Messerjockel
Yeah, 8 man never gave me the impression that they don’t want to kill me, except one time, played my fire wizard and was running solo to bold and a hib group caught me, mezzed me and let me go, remember they had white cloaks.

Flup, hib
Sun 27 Sep 2020 7:28 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Stynkfyst28 wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 5:48 PM
forcing the 8m to constantly kill soloers

No.

No one forces anyone to kill another person, it is a choice. You can try to justify it any way you like, but in the end it's 100% your choice and nothing else.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 8:45 PM by LolaEbola
I clicked this post ready to agree with you. In general, people often don’t respect eachother as people. And, I do think that’s a problem. We need to all make an effort to treat our fellow players with kindness, both in game and on the forums/discord.

Let’s face it. We play a niche game from 20 years ago. We all have much more in common with one another than otherwise.

Anyway, then I saw what the post was actually about and couldn’t disagree more. I entirely reject this idea that I don’t respect you because I attacked somebody I saw in the frontier. Full stop.

There are literally no circumstances in which I’d tell an enemy player in the frontiers it’s not okay for them to try to kill me. That’s what the game is about. You guys who make up new sets of rules to make the game more fun for you, I support you! I’m glad you’re having fun!

But, you can’t force everybody else to follow your rules, because they’re just that. YOUR rules. They’re not the rules of daoc or Phoenix or anything.

I want to reiterate that I have the upmost respect for every single one of you, as a person. I’m glad we can share this server with one another, and I have fun playing with you guys every single day.

But, that doesn’t extend to my playstyle. I’ll play how I prefer, and support you playing how you prefer. If our play styles are at odds with eachother from time to time, well, that’s just the fun of the game! Daoc is chaos!
Sun 27 Sep 2020 9:54 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
Stynkfyst28 wrote:
This has been one of the most toxic.....

Your reliance on buzzwords demonstrates that you lack the ability for individual thought, and that the probability is extremely high that your opinion should be ignored by reasonable people.

It's war out there.
Sun 27 Sep 2020 10:48 PM by Gildar
LolaEbola wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 8:45 PM
I clicked this post ready to agree with you. In general, people often don’t respect eachother as people. And, I do think that’s a problem. We need to all make an effort to treat our fellow players with kindness, both in game and on the forums/discord.

Let’s face it. We play a niche game from 20 years ago. We all have much more in common with one another than otherwise.

Anyway, then I saw what the post was actually about and couldn’t disagree more. I entirely reject this idea that I don’t respect you because I attacked somebody I saw in the frontier. Full stop.

There are literally no circumstances in which I’d tell an enemy player in the frontiers it’s not okay for them to try to kill me. That’s what the game is about. You guys who make up new sets of rules to make the game more fun for you, I support you! I’m glad you’re having fun!

But, you can’t force everybody else to follow your rules, because they’re just that. YOUR rules. They’re not the rules of daoc or Phoenix or anything.

I want to reiterate that I have the upmost respect for every single one of you, as a person. I’m glad we can share this server with one another, and I have fun playing with you guys every single day.

But, that doesn’t extend to my playstyle. I’ll play how I prefer, and support you playing how you prefer. If our play styles are at odds with eachother from time to time, well, that’s just the fun of the game! Daoc is chaos!

Agree on every single word you wrote.

100000% with you
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:13 AM by dbeattie71
You can buy respecs from odds and ends merchant for 5k feathers.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:59 AM by Ceen
Stynkfyst28 wrote:
This has been one of the most toxic servers I have ever played. There is literally no respect for fights at all. People add 8m's constantly forcing the 8m to constantly kill soloers. Literally 0 respect. I see why the big players are quitting.
cu
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:36 AM by Noashakra
8 man respect only their gvg list, nothing else. So I don't agree it's because they get added that they turn to farm solos. They have the gvg list and they could go in the middle of nowhere and find fights without adds. They play on purpose close to the hot spots because they farm easy rps.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:46 AM by bigne88
Half of active players in rvr are stealthers, a word that in latin means "edgy fun destroyers / leechers".
If half of the pvp population is hiding in stealth waiting for that grey sxper, or to add that 1v1 or 8v8...what do you pretend?
Half of pop are edgy harassers / griefers and the other half is quitting or getting edgy as well.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:00 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:46 AM
Half of active players in rvr are stealthers......

LoL!!!

Have you ever even been out in the frontier?

You haven't, have you.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:29 AM by bigne88
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:00 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Half of active players in rvr are stealthers......

LoL!!!

Have you ever even been out in the frontier?

You haven't, have you.

What shall I reply to this nonesense?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:39 AM by Fk_
All the big players left, my sides~
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:47 AM by Noashakra
bigne88 wrote:
Half of active players in rvr are stealthers, a word that in latin means "edgy fun destroyers / leechers".
If half of the pvp population is hiding in stealth waiting for that grey sxper, or to add that 1v1 or 8v8...what do you pretend?
Half of pop are edgy harassers / griefers and the other half is quitting or getting edgy as well.
Showing again you have no idea about what you speak about.

Show us this 50% with a screen shot. Most of the archers also play in the BG, so they don't leech your fights...

I could make exactly the same point with you, you became toxic vs my guild as soon as you found a PuG on mid, tash talking us on discord or /rofl us IG.
Projection much ?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:23 AM by inoeth
i really dont know why this server is so toxic, it was not like that on all shards i played in the last 10 years. there was basicly a freeshard community which switched as a whole to the server which was crowded the most or available atm. the only thing that changed on phoenix is that alot of live server players joined.... have live servers been that toxic in the US? EU servers were not for sure!
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:44 AM by Noashakra
inoeth wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:23 AM
i really dont know why this server is so toxic, it was not like that on all shards i played in the last 10 years. there was basicly a freeshard community which switched as a whole to the server which was crowded the most or available atm. the only thing that changed on phoenix is that alot of live server players joined.... have live servers been that toxic in the US? EU servers were not for sure!

Nah it was toxic too, you just don't remember The french forums were full of people spewing troll posts and personnal attacks at each other.
A lot more 8 mans / small man were not adding your 1vs1 though. Even if they killed you after the fight.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 12:10 PM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:47 AM
bigne88 wrote:

Show us this 50% with a screen shot. Most of the archers also play in the BG, so they don't leech your fights...

I could make exactly the same point with you, you became toxic vs my guild as soon as you found a PuG on mid, tash talking us on discord or /rofl us IG.
Projection much ?

Who are you son? Im not playing from months.
If you are a frogz member, Mila and I solved that "case" long time ago. She even told you to stop behaving like a child.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 12:14 PM by Bradekes
This server isn't toxic.. If all you want to see is the negative of anything that's what you'll see. Just remember you're not obligated anything in life, especially in a game.

If the dev team would add something like the rp title for people who don't want help in rvr they could, something that changes the color of your name plate. Even then though you can't blame others for adding.. rvr isn't pve when you attack or get attacked you having expectations of others to follow your set of rules is you failing yourself not someone else failing you. this also doesn't equate to a labeling as toxic either as that is also your assumption that their adding was out of malice.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 2:30 PM by Noashakra
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 12:10 PM
Noashakra wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

Projection much ?

If you are a frogz member, Mila and I solved that "case" long time ago. She even told you to stop behaving like a child.

And now you invent what she is supposed to have said to me.
I am just pointing out that you went out of your way to bad mouth about our guild on the 8vs8 discord (you are not the only one) and chain emote us in game.
It's rich having you come here insult all the stealthers for things you did yourself. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy.

You lied about the 50%, you put all the stealthers in one bag, and you act like the 8 mans don't go out of their way to farm the solos.

When I add them, I see it as payback for the number of time they added me. Repect my fights, and I will respect yours. It's not working one way.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 2:55 PM by Roto23
Stynkfyst28 wrote:

Can I have your stuff?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 3:26 PM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 2:30 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 12:10 PM
Noashakra wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

Projection much ?

And now you invent what she is supposed to have said to me.
I am just pointing out that you went out of your way to bad mouth about our guild on the 8vs8 discord (you are not the only one) and chain emote us in game.
It's rich having you come here insult all the stealthers for things you did yourself. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy.

You lied about the 50%, you put all the stealthers in one bag, and you act like the 8 mans don't go out of their way to farm the solos.

When I add them, I see it as payback for the number of time they added me. Repect my fights, and I will respect yours. It's not working one way.

Man, get over it, the issue i had with your guild is long time solved with me apologizing to Mila. End of the story, lets not start all over again.

About stealthers: I'm expressing my opinion, a thing that I'm allowed to do and if you dont agree, which is fine, dont take it so personal.
I dont have a problem with stealth mechanics per se, but just with the incredible amount of them. And I'm quite sorry to tell you, but I'm not the only one stating this.

Tonight log in and check how many stealthers are out on the fz zone and how many non stealthers are in the fz.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:04 PM by Noashakra
Usually, it's 15-25%, you have 30 to 40 stealth stealth per realm. Probably one third are solo, maybe one group of 3+ per realm. Most of them are zerging the flags. How is that a plague for a 8man? How many times are they zerged by visi :p I know we zerg them a lot with our guild group.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:21 PM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:44 AM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 11:23 AM

Nah it was toxic too, you just don't remember The french forums were full of people spewing troll posts and personnal attacks at each other.
A lot more 8 mans / small man were not adding your 1vs1 though. Even if they killed you after the fight.

at least on lyonesse it was not like that... sure you got killed by randoms too but most serious 8 mans just ran by
but on live you also had the tools to kill at least one if you had to face several enemys (zehyr+battler charge+ragnarok=win) man i miss my hunter hitting for 600
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:29 PM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:04 PM
Usually, it's 15-25%, you have 30 to 40 stealth stealth per realm. Probably one third are solo, maybe one group of 3+ per realm. Most of them are zerging the flags. How is that a plague for a 8man? How many times are they zerged by visi :p I know we zerg them a lot with our guild group.

1 hour ago was 20% and is not even prime time. And we are talking about raw server count. If you cut from the count the people that are farming or exping, so not actively doing RvR, the percent will rise strongly; lets say that half of the farming class (and I'm being generous) like animists, necro, caba, bonerdancer are farming, and a good chunk of visi classes are just exping, I'm quite confident the percent of stealthers sneaking into RvR is above 30%. You can do a simple empiric test: log your lowbie clothie and try to get off from a keep to reach the doc: your chance to survive are pretty damn low.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:07 PM by Noashakra
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:29 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 4:04 PM

1 hour ago was 20% and is not even prime time. And we are talking about raw server count. If you cut from the count the people that are farming or exping, so not actively doing RvR, the percent will rise strongly; lets say that half of the farming class (and I'm being generous) like animists, necro, caba, bonerdancer are farming, and a good chunk of visi classes are just exping, I'm quite confident the percent of stealthers sneaking into RvR is above 30%. You can do a simple empiric test: log your lowbie clothie and try to get off from a keep to reach the doc: your chance to survive are pretty damn low.

Speak with solo visible, they get rekt more often by 8 mans / small mans than stealthers...
There are 18% of stealther on mid in ZF, even less on alb, counting the one who are not 50. How do you get near to 30%!!! You could make a case for hib, but most rangers are playing in the BG AKA volley bots. How do they ruin the 8 mans?

Edit: not even hib, it's 22% with 42 stealther 50 in zf atm compared to the 192 hib 50 in ZF...

50% / 22%, almost the same am I right?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:47 PM by darkstar00
I wasn't even gonna reply to this thread but I just got verbally abused by someone's buddy for attacking his friend after I WATCHED and let him fight his 1 v 1... which is what I usually do.... and he won pretty easily... and then I attacked him because... its RVR and I want RPs. Never mind the fact that he just got his RPs from killing someone, which I totally respected the fight, but then proceeded to kill after.

Now apparently I'm a "bottom feeder", a "dipshit adder" and probably gonna "zerg my way" to higher realm ranks. The toxicity and whining of some of the players on this server is over the top. Sorry bro, you don't live in a bubble where no one attacks you and everyone respects you even after you win and get RPs from a fight. I play this game to progress, and realm ranks are a grind... IT'S NOT PERSONAL.

And the ironic part is I'm usually exclusively 100% solo. But once you don't play by someone else's rules or guidelines they think you are trash.

And I fought this RR9 SB 5 mins later... and I was clearly gonna win... and he vanishes on me after he applies another DOT (viper 5).

*Shrug*
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:52 PM by Noashakra
Was it before or after you complained in the region about the person you added at 40% life vanished?

I am not going to defend the people trash talking you, but you casted the first stone dude.
Convenient to leave out this part...
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:58 PM by Hypno
darkstar00 wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:47 PM
I wasn't even gonna reply to this thread but I just got verbally abused by someone's buddy for attacking his friend after I WATCHED and let him fight his 1 v 1... which is what I usually do.... and he won pretty easily... and then I attacked him because... its RVR and I want RPs. Never mind the fact that he just got his RPs from killing someone, which I totally respected the fight, but then proceeded to kill after.

Now apparently I'm a "bottom feeder", a "dipshit adder" and probably gonna "zerg my way" to higher realm ranks. The toxicity and whining of some of the players on this server is over the top. Sorry bro, you don't live in a bubble where no one attacks you and everyone respects you even after you win and get RPs from a fight. I play this game to progress, and realm ranks are a grind... IT'S NOT PERSONAL.

And the ironic part is I'm usually exclusively 100% solo. But once you don't play by someone else's rules or guidelines they think you are trash.

And I fought this RR9 SB 5 mins later... and I was clearly gonna win... and he vanishes on me after he applies another DOT (viper 5).

*Shrug*

You killed yourself btw, i vanished on 1% after walking into you standing in an arch on your own bridge waiting to perf (lame tactic) and yes you were going to win but you were an adding little dipshit 5 minutes before so i wasn't going to give you the win.

If it makes you feel better i laughed my ass off as your jumped off the side of the ramp on the bridge the wrong way and died to falling damage and triple dots.

Give respect get respect.

GF
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:06 PM by LolaEbola
Just to clarify your opinions.. am I not supposed to vanish when I’m losing 1v1? It’s my escape tool. I use it, whenever it’s up and it can save me having to travel back to where I was.

I get that it can be frustrating when you’re close to winning and I disappear, but like... why would I just die when I could... not die?

I’m not trying to be funny, this is a genuine question. Especially amongst assassins, why should any of us follow this whole code of honor? Our goal is to kill eachother and to also not die. I’ll use any and all of my abilities to try and do both of those things, and I just really don’t get why I should feel bad about it.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:09 PM by darkstar00
Hypno wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 6:58 PM
darkstar00 wrote:

*Shrug*

You killed yourself btw, i vanished on 1% after walking into you standing in an arch on your own bridge waiting to perf (lame tactic) and yes you were going to win but you were an adding little dipshit 5 minutes before so i wasn't going to give you the win.

If it makes you feel better i laughed my ass off as your jumped off the side of the ramp on the bridge the wrong way and died to falling damage and triple dots.

Give respect get respect.

GF

Lame tactic? That's why I was going to win... lmao. Yeah I jumped off, that was my own fault... I didn't care that I died but you obviously felt butt hurt when I killed you 5 mins prior and had to vanish on me.

And again, I didn't add you... I let you kick the shit out of whoever you were facing, I don't even remember. You got your RPs, and then I got some as well.

Not replying to anymore on this thread. See you on the battlefield. Your friend is a real asshole BTW.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:14 PM by Noashakra
Yeah avoid the fact that you tried to kill him before when he was at 40% and then complained about a 1vs1 vanish and then you went to cry in the cc region calling him lame.
Great. And then you complain about toxicity.

Yeah the other trash talking you were asshats, but it's like starting a fight and complain when people fight back.

Classic Karen move.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:15 PM by joshisanonymous
I will never understand how people have come to see RvRing in an RvR game as "toxic" and a "lack of respect".
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:17 PM by Hypno
Ha, im not the one posting in region and here about how lame it is to vanish 1v1, yet it's ok to jump somebody with unenvenomed weapons after they have just killed a rr7 nightshade and is on 40% and it's somehow a victory to limp away on 15-20% with double dots ticking on you.

Keep telling yourself how honourable you are there champ
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:21 PM by LolaEbola
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:15 PM
I will never understand how people have come to see RvRing in an RvR game as "toxic" and a "lack of respect".

I’m really glad someone agrees with me! This games a lot more fun when you don’t take this stuff personally, guys.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:08 PM by bigne88
darkstar00 wrote:

*Shrug*
You vultured on ez RPs. And you play the game to farm RPs.
Someone else, like me, is playing for fun and honor (yes Im a heroic magical knight roleplayer) and I will put shame to all the honorless vultures / rps farmers like you.

You are free to vulture, others are free to let you know how bad you are for doing so.
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:13 PM by gotwqqd
Respect/Honor in a video game...mind you, that is about killing enemies

What a joke
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:27 PM by DinoTriz
darkstar00 wrote:
Now apparently I'm a "bottom feeder", a "dipshit adder" and probably gonna "zerg my way" to higher realm ranks.

What's wrong with zerging?

Do people solo keeps? Is that what the ballers do?

I have a full time job, I brush my teeth, AND I shower. I got things to do! I'll zerg my way into mediocrity, thank you very much
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:49 PM by LolaEbola
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:08 PM
darkstar00 wrote:

*Shrug*
You vultured on ez RPs. And you play the game to farm RPs.
Someone else, like me, is playing for fun and honor (yes Im a heroic magical knight roleplayer) and I will put shame to all the honorless vultures / rps farmers like you.

You are free to vulture, others are free to let you know how bad you are for doing so.

If I respect you roleplaying as a virtuous champion of the realm, will you respect me roleplaying as an assassin who doesn’t care for honor?
Mon 28 Sep 2020 9:07 PM by Noashakra
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:13 PM

What a joke

Role playing game mind you
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:46 AM by bigne88
gotwqqd wrote:

What a joke

I play an old fantasy massive multyplayer online Role Play Game because it allouds me to immerge my self in a fantasy world with a nice epic background and mitology invented by our anchestors (norrens, celts, anglo saxons).
If you wanna collect frags and farm rating I suggest you counter strike, is addicting as well.

Tell me something: once you have zerged and leeched your way up to rank 11 or rank 12, what are you gonna do? Achivement complete? Reroll? Delete?
A mmorpg is about comunity and metagame, otherwise you are just playing a shitty old game.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 1:20 AM by LolaEbola
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 12:46 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

What a joke

I play an old fantasy massive multyplayer online Role Play Game because it allouds me to immerge my self in a fantasy world with a nice epic background and mitology invented by our anchestors (norrens, celts, anglo saxons).
If you wanna collect frags and farm rating I suggest you counter strike, is addicting as well.

Tell me something: once you have zerged and leeched your way up to rank 11 or rank 12, what are you gonna do? Achivement complete? Reroll? Delete?
A mmorpg is about comunity and metagame, otherwise you are just playing a shitty old game.

Aww, why’d you respond to this, but not answer my question? It was a genuine one.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:48 PM by Helwyr
Comes to a game that's based open warfare between three realms, tries to impose arena/duelist playstyle that runs counter to the core game on everyone, then comes to forums to whine about "respect" when attempted imposed rules are ignored and people just play the game as it's meant to be played.

...Yup some things never change. A good portion of the 8vs8 and duelist crowd are the most toxic disrespectful players of DAoC, and always have been. Only cheaters are lower, and there's often been a lot of cross over, given the 8vs8 crowd have always been partial to their radar hacks.
Tue 29 Sep 2020 8:16 PM by Noashakra
Helwyr wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 5:48 PM
Comes to a game that's based open warfare between three realms, tries to impose arena/duelist playstyle that runs counter to the core game on everyone, then comes to forums to whine about "respect" when attempted imposed rules are ignored and people just play the game as it's meant to be played.

...Yup some things never change. A good portion of the 8vs8 and duelist crowd are the most toxic disrespectful players of DAoC, and always have been. Only cheaters are lower, and there's often been a lot of cross over, given the 8vs8 crowd have always been partial to their radar hacks.

Projection, projection everywhere
And stop putting people in one bag
Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:06 PM by Messerjockel
Let’s just keep it simple, 8 men with one exception kill me all the time.
I add on their fights without a second thought or delay, the same way they kill me.
If they don’t like it, maybe GMs build a safe zone for them to be safe from me.

This is not hello kitty, this is DAOC.

Flup, hib
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:34 AM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 10:06 PM
I add on their fights without a second thought or delay, the same way they kill me.

Flup, hib

ppl like you are cancer
its this behavior, the "others do the same" mentality

luckily there are at least some ppl that follow the golden rule, you should too. be a good human

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:39 AM by inoeth
Helwyr wrote:

lol
its the total opposite and radaring is only done by a very minority and these ppl do not belong to any fair fight community.

you guys seem to forget that there are actual human being playing a game to have fun and toxic red is dead players farming solos over and over again is just no fun.
i know its a classic chicken-egg-problem, who started first to be the asshole? doesnt matter! be better than the ass and follow the golden rule https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:16 AM by LolaEbola
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:39 AM
Helwyr wrote:

lol
its the total opposite and radaring is only done by a very minority and these ppl do not belong to any fair fight community.

you guys seem to forget that there are actual human being playing a game to have fun and toxic red is dead players farming solos over and over again is just no fun.
i know its a classic chicken-egg-problem, who started first to be the asshole? doesnt matter! be better than the ass and follow the golden rule https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

Nobody likes to reply to me in these threads, but I’ll weigh in all the same.

I’m familiar with the golden rule, and I do treat people as id like to be treated. I don’t want people to run by and not try to kill me, under any circumstances. I think that makes for a pretty boring game. I imagine a world where everybody follows the rules you’d like to be in place, in regards to clean fights, and to be entirely honest, that doesn’t sound like a fun game at all. At that point, we may as well all just fight in separate instances. What makes this game great to me is that anything can happen at any time.

In the middle of a 1v1 between me and a hib stealther, maybe two albs jump in. Who know if they target me or the hib or both? Maybe after that, a fgm rolls the whole thing. The whole fun of it is you never know what’s going to happen!

If, the moment I started a fight, I knew I didn’t have to worry about any other enemies I see on the horizon and can just stop panning, that makes for a very dull and lifeless game, in my opinion.

Now, maybe you disagree! That’s fine. The difference between me and you is I’m not here making demands of your playstyle. I humbly ask you not to make demands of mine. I’m not an asshole or toxic because I attack at will. I’m simply playing the game in a style different from yours.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:44 AM by Valaraukar
"and toxic red is dead players farming solos over and over again is just no fun" maybe it's not fun for you but can be fun for others.

So where the golden rules apply? I've lost count of how many times I've been killed while exping, while fighting with a purple mob in DF, while kiting with 20 mobs on my tail with my shaman. Yesterday I was following the Alb zerg with my Hunter to give infos, I tried to destealth for a bit to keep pace with them and got steamrolled by three Hibs coming from nowhere and going nowhere. Funny? Not at all. Legit? Completely so.

I try to kill people in Frontier, no matter how, no matter where. Sometimes I add, sometimes not. I' ve never killed grays because it makes no sense, but if I find someone afk sitting on a dock, or an assassin with 10% life because he just won a close combat I kill them and I taste the kill very much. One of the more satisfying kill with the Hunter has been a Necro, who was still casting the pet summon and got 900hp crit on his back.

I really don't care about how other people may feel, because I know that they do not care about my feelings as well, and this is right.
So I stick to the only "golden" rule in Daoc: if it's read it's dead.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:56 AM by Messerjockel
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:34 AM
Messerjockel wrote:

Flup, hib

ppl like you are cancer

luckily there are at least some ppl that follow the golden rule, you should too. be a good human

Eik, you need to calm down and less insulting.
This is a game and the end content is in the majority PVP.
Player die in PVP, that is a fact.
If you want to follow certain rules than you can do that but your rules are not my rules.
You can not really still angry with me because I killed you a couple times start of August, that is 7 weeks in the past.
Please get over it and stop this as it feels personal vendetta.

Flup, hib
Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:25 AM by DinoTriz
There should be one unwritten rule:

Don't corpse camp grays.

Everything else is permitted.

The game would be less interesting if it was made more predictable.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:28 AM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:56 AM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:34 AM
Messerjockel wrote:

Flup, hib

ppl like you are cancer

Eik, you need to calm down and less insulting.
This is a game and the end content is in the majority PVP.
Player die in PVP, that is a fact.
If you want to follow certain rules than you can do that but your rules are not my rules.
You can not really still angry with me because I killed you a couple times start of August, that is 7 weeks in the past.
Please get over it and stop this as it feels personal vendetta.

Flup, hib

you did not "kill" me, you fkn added! like you always do.
im not mad at you specificly, but all the ppl who are like you, ppl that dont give a fuck destroying other players fun over and over again. why cant you ppl not just go where the zerg is and do your lame game there? or hell even wait till a fight is over and then grab your silly 20 RP for the last 20% health. because you are cancer and dont indulge others to play like they want! you have plenty of options for adding, why do you chose solo players who look for fair fights? and now dont tell me "go to the solo zone" there is none and even if there was i would not got there because you would only face necros/champs/palas/bds there, wow thats fun!

there is a reason why this thread exists and the reason is "red is dead" ppl
Wed 30 Sep 2020 10:32 AM by inoeth
LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 9:16 AM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:39 AM
Helwyr wrote:

lol

Nobody likes to reply to me in these threads, but I’ll weigh in all the same.

I’m familiar with the golden rule, and I do treat people as id like to be treated. I don’t want people to run by and not try to kill me, under any circumstances. I think that makes for a pretty boring game. I imagine a world where everybody follows the rules you’d like to be in place, in regards to clean fights, and to be entirely honest, that doesn’t sound like a fun game at all. At that point, we may as well all just fight in separate instances. What makes this game great to me is that anything can happen at any time.

In the middle of a 1v1 between me and a hib stealther, maybe two albs jump in. Who know if they target me or the hib or both? Maybe after that, a fgm rolls the whole thing. The whole fun of it is you never know what’s going to happen!

If, the moment I started a fight, I knew I didn’t have to worry about any other enemies I see on the horizon and can just stop panning, that makes for a very dull and lifeless game, in my opinion.

Now, maybe you disagree! That’s fine. The difference between me and you is I’m not here making demands of your playstyle. I humbly ask you not to make demands of mine. I’m not an asshole or toxic because I attack at will. I’m simply playing the game in a style different from yours.

i do not dully disagree here since its sometimes fun to have 1vsX where you can at least kill one. the problem is the constant add from everywhere, most times you face 5+ enemys. no chance. and they add over and over, no mercy.
that just annoying and i dont get how one can have like zero empathy, what happend to you guys in RL that you have to be like that on the internet?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:19 AM by kbman75
Whats funny is now that I see how much i bothers Inoeth about adding I would add for sure, but if I see Loola out there(who doesn't care if I add) I would def. leave alone and /salute for just being a nice person, not a cry baby on forums.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:25 AM by inoeth
kbman75 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:19 AM
Whats funny is now that I see how much i bothers Inoeth about adding I would add for sure, but if I see Loola out there(who doesn't care if I add) I would def. leave alone and /salute for just being a nice person, not a cry baby on forums.

very funny. and i get called toxic, pathetic!

till now nobody answered my question why they dont just go where adding is appreciated. that tells alot
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:14 PM by Messerjockel
1) I go to the place I have the most fun. I could join the Zerg and make more RPS but as said, it is for me about fun playing the lonely sneaky ranger and inform players in region about enemy movement.
2) I am opening attacks against single visible targets. Several classes are no go because I cannot win.
3) I am adding on stealth classes, especially SB and Infis because they chose targets they can easily win against and I even the odds.

P.S I play a stealth class but if Phoenix would put it up for vote to remove stealth classes or stealth from the game I would without doubt support it. DAOC is in my opinion a better game with visible classes only.

Is that answering your question Eik?

Flup, hib
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:45 PM by Sepplord
I must say, inoeth, that you are coming of a bit hypocritical here. I know where you are coming from and i am sure there are people that have sympathy with a few of your points but the last two pages you have been contradciting yourself

The golden rule says treat others like you want to be treated....and most of the people that are in the "red is dead"-camp are following that rule. They add everything while accepting that they will get added too.
Most players breaking that golden rule are the ones that add almost everything on the server, while crying about adds at the same time. When directly engaged with that hypocrisy the defense is always: "you have to not add us first, then we won't add you neither" and even that is not true, as we have sometimes not added specific set-groups with our smallmen (and we were very visible while doing that) just to get run over by the winner a minute later while we were engaged in a fight.

You talk about respect and not being an ass, but throw around insults at other just because they have a different philosophie to yours. How about applying "the golden rule" to your forum etiquette?

You claim to want to solo, but admit you wouldn't go to a dedicated solozone because you would only meat (among else) paladins....while you play a solo-paladin yourself according to your sig. So is paladin an unfair class to 1vs1 on? Why did you chose it then? Or do you just not want to fight it but someone else fighting your paladin is fine, and an adder isn't evening the playing field but being an ass?
At which point is someone an ass or just playing the game? An assassin PAing a caster is a fair fight? Or is the assassin an ass for taking the easy kill?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:46 PM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:14 PM
1) I go to the place I have the most fun. I could join the Zerg and make more RPS but as said, it is for me about fun playing the lonely sneaky ranger and inform players in region about enemy movement.
2) I am opening attacks against single visible targets. Several classes are no go because I cannot win.
3) I am adding on stealth classes, especially SB and Infis because they chose targets they can easily win against and I even the odds.

P.S I play a stealth class but if Phoenix would put it up for vote to remove stealth classes or stealth from the game I would without doubt support it. DAOC is in my opinion a better game with visible classes only.

Flup, hib

ah so you are adding on ppl you can not win against (because bad player) and on those who can easily kill some other classes (probabply good players)
and you dont go where its more easy to gain rp?

what does that tell? that you are in fact the one who is toxic because of your own inability and zero respect and on top of that its not enough you "win" others should "lose".

as i said you are cancer!
thx all questions answered
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:02 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:45 PM
I must say, inoeth, that you are coming of a bit hypocritical here. I know where you are coming from and i am sure there are people that have sympathy with a few of your points but the last two pages you have been contradciting yourself

The golden rule says treat others like you want to be treated....and most of the people that are in the "red is dead"-camp are following that rule. They add everything while accepting that they will get added too.
Most players breaking that golden rule are the ones that add almost everything on the server, while crying about adds at the same time. When directly engaged with that hypocrisy the defense is always: "you have to not add us first, then we won't add you neither" and even that is not true, as we have sometimes not added specific set-groups with our smallmen (and we were very visible while doing that) just to get run over by the winner a minute later while we were engaged in a fight.

You talk about respect and not being an ass, but throw around insults at other just because they have a different philosophie to yours. How about applying "the golden rule" to your forum etiquette?

You claim to want to solo, but admit you wouldn't go to a dedicated solozone because you would only meat (among else) paladins....while you play a solo-paladin yourself according to your sig. So is paladin an unfair class to 1vs1 on? Why did you chose it then? Or do you just not want to fight it but someone else fighting your paladin is fine, and an adder isn't evening the playing field but being an ass?
At which point is someone an ass or just playing the game? An assassin PAing a caster is a fair fight? Or is the assassin an ass for taking the easy kill?

the point is solo players can not chose or force ppl in their playstyle, adders/zergers can and do it.
i made the pala for the solo zone to counter at least some of the op solo classes, but i retired him because its not possible to play a solo paladin in normal rvr, thx to ppl like flup. and yes the pala is pretty strong in 1on1 situations.
PAing a caster is fine, adding a fighting caster with a pa is not.

idk if ppl pretend to be solo or fair fighters and in fact add everything that moves, imo thats only a silly excuse for adders. when i am solo i do not add. when i am with my guild, we do not add. so from my perspective i can not confirm that those who cry for "dont add" are the ones that do in fact add.....

and this is the exact reason why ppl find solo players toxic because there is just no escape from this silly play style one get forced in. further i strongly belvie those ppl do it on purpose just to fuck up the solo community! if thats not toxic.....
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:09 PM by DinoTriz
How do you know people are adding and not in a group?

I'd bet a lot of these people are grouped. Stealthers do group with each other.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:51 PM by Messerjockel
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:46 PM
Messerjockel wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 12:14 PM

Flup, hib

ah so you are adding on ppl you can not win against (because bad player) and on those who can easily kill some other classes (probabply good players)
and you dont go where its more easy to gain rp?

what does that tell? that you are in fact the one who is toxic because of your own inability and zero respect and on top of that its not enough you "win" others should "lose".

as i said you are cancer!
thx all questions answered

Please stop calling me cancer.
That is insulting.
I know the limitations of my class and therefore which enemy classes I can beat and which not.
Let’s agree to disagree in some details about playstyle, adding 1vs1 and so on.
You play your way, we play our way.

Flup, hib
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:54 PM by Sepplord
hats off that you never add and therefor can't gauge who the people that complain about adds are, you (and your group) are a rare species on the server, but it doesn't explain how the golden rule isn't fulfilled by adders.
Who exactly should follow the golden rule but isn't?

Why is not adding someone respectfull, but allowing people to add without calling them toxic/cancer isn't respectfull?

inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:02 PM
the point is solo players can not chose or force ppl in their playstyle, adders/zergers can and do it.
While that is not wrong, i fail to see what the relevance is.
The ruleset in the frontier is that you are allowed to add, complaining about people "forcing you into the playstyle" because the add is like complaining that you have to move in tennis. All you want is stand in one point and hit balls, but these people that keep playing the ball to the edge of the court are forcing you into their playstyle of having to run.

If noone added, aren't you then forcing your no-add playstyle onto the adders/zergers?
If two groups with contradicting philosophies meet each other it can't go both ways. The adders can't add without the other one being added on. Unless the rules say "adding is forbidden" it's the adders choice to force the add. And starting to call them names because you disagree with the serverrules is the disrespectful thing. Sitting on a high horse believing to be a better person is as disrespectful as it gets.

Don't get me wrong, i know where you are coming from and i can understand the frustration you are having. But you are directing the anger in the wrong direction.
There is really only one solution, and that would be seperate zones for seperate gamestyles, but for a multitude of reasons that is not the path chosen by the staff. And i can understand why that doesn't exist for every single different playstyle and groupsize. We all saw how the solo-zone failed. Why do you believe a no-add-zone wouldn't have it's own issues.

PAing a caster is fine
Why is that fine though? Does the caster want to be PAed? A caster that is just trying to reach the realmzerg might want a zone where attacking people that haven't joined the BG is forbidden. All they want to do is join the zerg, but can't because they get farmed while trying to get there.

What about the dude that just wants to tag the task but gets killed on the way?

What about the group that loves fighting other groups in general, but absolutely hates fighting that one annoying group-setup?

(yes i am going into obviously ridicolous examples on purpose)

Imo, a fairfight zone, might be a middleway solution, where all groupsizes are allowed. Would be intresting to see if fullgroups would attack lesser numbers or not.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:55 PM by Valaraukar
kbman75 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 11:19 AM

This!
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:23 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:54 PM
(yes i am going into obviously ridicolous examples on purpose)

im not going to answer all of that because as you stated most of is ridicolous. how can i force adders in my play style? not possible.... if you dont look for 1on1 dont go solo and i wont attack, simple. and if you cant kill anything solo, l2p (hi flup)

even though PAing a caster looks kind of unfair, but there is a chance the caster can win this if hes a good player and in the end its a 1on1, everything ok
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:30 PM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 1:51 PM
Please stop calling me cancer.
That is insulting.
I know the limitations of my class and therefore which enemy classes I can beat and which not.
Let’s agree to disagree in some details about playstyle, adding 1vs1 and so on.
You play your way, we play our way.

Flup, hib

if you feel offended, reflect yourself and you might get behind why ppl think about you in a certain way.

im not going to agree with you, why would i? that would mean i was ok with your point which im abolutely not.
but
i take your word and going let you live if you stop adding me, does that sound fair to you?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:43 PM by Stynkfyst28
Reading these post's proves even more how toxic and disrespectful the server is. Just because I'm a solo does not mean I am just talking about soloers. I also stated 8m can't get clean fight no one can. Red is dead is strong here and it is sad. Only play styles allowed on this server is the zerg mentality.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:45 PM by Messerjockel
Dear Eik,

It is just wrong to call people names or after a real life deadly disease.
My game play is maybe toxic for you but for me your behavior is toxic and that should not happen between adults playing a game.

„Agree to disagree“ heißt das wir beide zustimmen unterschiedliche Meinungen zu haben.

Flup, hib
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:51 PM by Sepplord
It si sad inoeth that you dodged all the points i made and only shat out such a reply...i'll still try and work with what you gave:

inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:23 PM
how can i force adders in my play style? not possible....

Correct, currently you can't. But you are trying to do, by throwing a tantrum, shaming and insulting people that don't want to "not add".

Again, please, try and think of all perspectives and offer a solution that not only solves YOUR issue.

The solution to YOUR issue is easy. Change the rules and ban everyone that adds. But how does that not force other people into your playstyle? You said you are against forcing people into playstyles, yet you are completely unwilling to allow others their freedom of adding whoever they come across.

Stynkfyst28 wrote: Reading these post's proves even more how toxic and disrespectful the server is. Just because I'm a solo does not mean I am just talking about soloers. I also stated 8m can't get clean fight no one can. Red is dead is strong here and it is sad. Only play styles allowed on this server is the zerg mentality.

Feel free to answer the same questions i asked inoeth. Why is rule conform playing toxic and disrespectful? (a more elaborate description a few comments above, don't feel like writing it out again)
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:51 PM by DinoTriz
It sounds like you want some kind of arena game mode.

Is that accurate?

Because the Frontier is the wild west. Anything goes.

Do people do things that are douchey? Of course. It's an online video game.

RVR is supposed to simulate an ongoing warzone.

If you want an arena game mode like WoW, that's fine. Suggest it to the devs.

But don't call the nature of RVR 'toxic'.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:03 PM by inoeth
Messerjockel wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:45 PM
Dear Eik,

It is just wrong to call people names or after a real life deadly disease.
My game play is maybe toxic for you but for me your behavior is toxic and that should not happen between adults playing a game.

„Agree to disagree“ heißt das wir beide zustimmen unterschiedliche Meinungen zu haben.

Flup, hib

und was genau soll das jetzt bringen, das ist so ein "buzz word" um mit erhobenen Hauptes aus einer verlorenen Debatte auszusteigen. Gratz dazu LOL

we are just a few ppl that want fair fights, should be possible to arrange some "deals" here and maybe you get the idea how fair fight works yourself. i invite you to take my offer of not killing each other
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:03 PM by inoeth
DinoTriz wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:51 PM

Is that accurate?

sound like you did not understand any word spoke here.... sad
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:14 PM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
It si sad inoeth that you dodged all the points i made and only shat out such a reply...i'll still try and work with what you gave:

inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 2:23 PM
how can i force adders in my play style? not possible....

Correct, currently you can't. But you are trying to do, by throwing a tantrum, shaming and insulting people that don't want to "not add".

Again, please, try and think of all perspectives and offer a solution that not only solves YOUR issue.

The solution to YOUR issue is easy. Change the rules and ban everyone that adds. But how does that not force other people into your playstyle? You said you are against forcing people into playstyles, yet you are completely unwilling to allow others their freedom of adding whoever they come across.

Stynkfyst28 wrote: Reading these post's proves even more how toxic and disrespectful the server is. Just because I'm a solo does not mean I am just talking about soloers. I also stated 8m can't get clean fight no one can. Red is dead is strong here and it is sad. Only play styles allowed on this server is the zerg mentality.

Feel free to answer the same questions i asked inoeth. Why is rule conform playing toxic and disrespectful? (a more elaborate description a few comments above, don't feel like writing it out again)

i did not, i actually offered a solution already (go where the zerg is and let the fair fight ppl do their business)
instead adders go exactly where the fair ppl are just to fuck them up, very nice....
why do they do that? that behavior is further intoxicating more ppl (the guy added me so i start to add these bastards too) wow very grown up.

and yes this behavior is cancer, it does not stop, its duplicating, it spreads till it killed everything. thats cancer and you cant deny that.

after all its a game thats meant to be fun, for all! and if several play styles colliding then there should be initiatives from both sides to find a solution. but all i read here is "haha i dont care and will add you on purpose now" wow very grown up...
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:24 PM by evert
Why is it the adders that should go somewhere else? Maybe the respectful people should stop hanging out at DC bridge? Or maybe there's a reason they don't stop...

PVP zone was mostly respectful fights but, ah, you didn't win most of them (because "OP classes" - and you vs a caster isn't unfair ) so it wasn't fun! Too bad...
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:42 PM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 3:14 PM
i did not, i actually offered a solution already (go where the zerg is and let the fair fight ppl do their business)
instead adders go exactly where the fair ppl are just to fuck them up, very nice....

Yes you did, and still are.
"Going to the zerg" is not a solution for soloers/smallmen/groups that want to roam and take whatever fight und whatever circumstances is happening. That is a very close minded response, assuming that everyone who likes to have unpredictable and random fighting environments could just join the zerg and have the same experience.

And where is that magical zone where the "fair ppl" are?
How do the toxic people find them?
I am not calling that a lie, i am sure that there are people that would add and ruin JUST to spite, and not for other reasons...but it isn't even possible currently since there is no fair fighter zone.
If its a secret zone, why do adders know about it?

I feel more and more as if i am arguing for more adding, i am not. If the serverrules changed tomorrow to forbid adding, i wouldn't cry. I would be intrested in how it will play out and wonder how hard it will be to never accidently add someone. But your arguments are hypocritical, and the way you present them is disrespectful.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 4:02 PM by Chronek
As someone who is always solo, I feel like I've got a different opinion than many other solo'ers, and find that I line up more with Loola's perspective.

To me as a solo, the most annoying thing is my own realm mates adding at the end of the fight, mainly since I can't also kill them, and denying me the solo kill credit. I like the challenge of solo'ing, and while I always appreciate when others allow a clean 1v1 to play out, I don't feel that it is my place to enforce my playstyle choice on anyone else. People will always play the game the way they want, you just have to suck it up, put on your big boy pants, and move on.

And the devs have tried to give soloers avenues for fair play, which we have used and abused (myself included, adhering to bowtowns). But we still have the /fairfight option. And so what if it doesnt award RPs live the 8mans get, it is a tool we can leverage to better faciliate fights between solo'ers. But whenever I play (typically US prime time), I am always the only person on the list. If/when others hop on the list, I make it a point to seek them out.

I think that if more solo'ers leveraged this tool, we could see an uptick in enjoyability when we play, as we could hopefully find fights faster. And who knows, maybe if we show the devs that we are using the custom tool they provided, it may inspire them to tweak it for our benefit.

Anywho, just my 2 cents. See you all on the battlefield.

Come and find me on the Solo /fairfight list!!
Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:10 PM by thirian24
Who is toxic to the solo playstyle?

Lets break this down with a bit of history.

1. Phoenix has had 3 keeps in which you can port from to the other 2. Back in the day, the solos used to gather there to have clear fair fights. It was great until the groups and smallmans seen the spam from that area and came in and broke it up all night long, no matter which keep we went to.

2. Phoenix staff implement the solo PVP zone (the best solo experience I've had on this server with amazing action). The forum lit the fuck up with people crying and bitching that there shouldn't be a solo zone, there is no solos to farm in the FZ anymore.. this isn't fair, they are making good rps.. that's not fair either (mean while people PvDoor are making the most fucking rps on this server). So the staff take away the rp tick, lower rps earned, spread the zone out over 2 zones, do some weird ass 10 man port thing etc etc and the zone died. Cool.. the adders/smalls/groups are all happy that the solos are back in the FZ again.

3. Phoenix staff allows direct port to the three solo keeps in the FZ as an alternative. Ok cool.. this can work too. FULL Zergs, groups and smallmans show up to kill off people looking for fair fights once again. Nonstop this happened. Of course the BS complaints come flying in of bowtown blah blah blah. Who gives a fuck if they bow before a fight? So that idea is shit canned.

4. Solo PVP zone is again implemented, a couple changes etc etc. Solo life is good once again. And once again the forum lit up with people sad that they weren't able to kill soloers in the FZ and the action was miserably dead for their adding playstyle. Staff shuts it down once again. Their reasoning? Too much work to deal with a couple people that wanna solo. Meanwhile the ban pages are going off 24/7 with people doing all kinds of wild shit... and there is no solo zone?? WHAT?! So should we shut down the FZ or mainlands b/c people are breaking the rules there?

So.. with this somewhat summarized, we can see where the toxic nature of peoples playstyles come from. The people crying b/c there is no solos to add or zerg down anymore. The groups intentionally going to the solo keeps to kill people literally avoiding the high traffic areas to get some clean fights in. The zergs intentionally rolling through Trelle to kill people avoiding zergs/groups/smalls.

Solos have tried and tried and tried to find fights away from zergs/groups/smalls/adders. Yet... those same people are coming to the solos. Why? But yet the solos are the toxic ones. I would whole heartedly agree with Inoeth, that these people do it to intentionally ruin other peoples fun. And for the record, the lack of people the play here anymore as a soloer, would show that that is true. Ive played here since beta, and all of my solo friends, except for a very small small few of them, have left b/c of the stated reasons.

I know we cant force people to play solo, cant force them to respect fights etc etc, but why seek us out when we are going far away to avoid you? Which is always whats called out for us to do. Read through the 29348 pages of these types of posts. "Go somewhere else." "Go to the solo keeps." "Go to the solo zone."

Its all pointless anyhow. Inoeth I'm really surprised to see you on here trying to defend any of this anymore.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:57 PM by MeatBicycle
there are just too many players who only want easy rps. The amount of adding archers is insane right now. Like the amount of players who just wanna steamroll 3v1 or 4v1 and so on. Nearly nobody here wants fair, challenging fights. No 8v8, no Zerg versus Zerg, no 1on1. Just outnumbering the enemy for easy rps, adding in every fight. Even most high rr stealthers never leave the relic town alone. Thats just hilarious.

Sooner or later the solo people will leave, the population will get lower and lower. And its not even a problem of balance (ofc there are some problems), its a problem of the mentality of the playerbase. Wait a few months and i think we will have a much lower population.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 6:23 PM by Helwyr
DinoTriz wrote:

Is that accurate?

You're never going to get an honest answer from the X vs X crowd in DAoC. I literally laugh out loud every time I hear them refer to themselves as "fair fight people" or some other BS. Maybe there are a tiny handful of them that are genuinely seeking a "fair fight", but most are just looking for the perception of a fair fight where they win. You might think they would be happy to have WoW like instanced arenas which are tailor made for their X vs X fights unlike DAoC RvR which is not, but they really want is to have their cake and eat it as well. X vs X (X = 8, 1, 4 or whatever), but also to farm RPs from everyone else (which to be fair is what most DAoC players aim to do, only they're not hypocrites about it like the X vs X crowd). The only thing more laughable than referring to themselves as "fair fight people" is this "respect" nonsense, There's barely any respect between the various forms of X vs X, but you can be sure the majority of all types, 8man, duelist, small man have no respect for anyone outside their out of place playstyle, who we regularly see referred to as "zergers". And how is it respectful to come into a game and try and insert some out of place playstyle that runs counter to the core gameplay and demand everyone follow your made up rules? Obviously it isn't respectful, and deserves nothing but contempt from the rest of the playerbase.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 6:34 PM by Baker
just bring back the pvp zone. i mean would it be that hard to implement a code that you cant get rp's from a specific account you've killed in the last 15 minutes to reduce the rp trading? The PvP zone was the funnest thing i did on this server, and if it wasnt for the typical 8man player that tried a go at solo and got shit on and had noone else to blame but himself for losing. Compared stats to someone that actually knew how to plays his character in pvp zone, realized he wasnt very good,. cried in forums. a bunch of other shitty 8man players thought it unfair too cause they all suck and its easier for them to get rp's in 8 man killing the solo's that were in the pvp zone.

idk i would still be in pvp zone if it was open.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:20 PM by darkstar00
Here's the thing. If you play 12+ hrs a day as an honorable solo player that doesn't add you will still get to higher realm ranks at a fast clip... i know people have done this. Its easy to follow those rules when you play a shit ton.

How many people actually fall into this category? Truly soloed there way to RR9-RR11 and follow their own rules? I guarantee you that number is super low or their is some shades of gray.

I still believe most people get more strict about fair fights and no adds once they are higher RR. Because at that point you arent starving for RPs but want more "honorable" fights.

Thats just my personal opinion. I call it the evolution of a "solo" rvr player.

MMOs are all about chasing the carrot. Getting more powerful. Its human nature. People want to short cut things in games just like in real life. Its not bad or good. Its about time management and what you are trying to achieve personally.

So with that said, I like to solo but not all the time. Its a grind. I like to group with my guild mates and take it more easy as well. If I see people fighting and the enemy wins, I will attack that person. I want RPs, I'm chasing the carrot in my head as well.

And in the end, this is an RVR game. So when people allow you to finish your fight before they kill you, you should be grateful and appreciative. Not get pissed they kill you.

I had this happen last night, some alb groups let me finish my fight before killing me. Thanks dudes, I got my RPs and you got yours. Appreciate it.
Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:07 PM by LolaEbola
darkstar00 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:20 PM
Here's the thing. If you play 12+ hrs a day as an honorable solo player that doesn't add you will still get to higher realm ranks at a fast clip... i know people have done this. Its easy to follow those rules when you play a shit ton.

How many people actually fall into this category? Truly soloed there way to RR9-RR11 and follow their own rules? I guarantee you that number is super low or their is some shades of gray.

I still believe most people get more strict about fair fights and no adds once they are higher RR. Because at that point you arent starving for RPs but want more "honorable" fights.

MMOs are all about chasing the carrot. Getting more powerful. Its human nature. People want to short cut things in games just like in real life. Its not bad or good. Its about time management and what you are trying to achieve personally.

So with that said, I like to solo but not all the time. Its a grind. I like to group with my guild mates and take it more easy as well. If I see people fighting and the enemy wins, I will attack that person. I want RPs, I'm chasing the carrot in my head as well.

And in the end, this is an RVR game. So when people allow you to finish your fight before they kill you, you should be grateful and appreciative. Not get pissed they kill you.

I had this happen last night, some alb groups let me finish my fight before killing me. Thanks dudes, I got my RPs and you got yours. Appreciate it.

That may be true for some. On the other hand, I’ve played off and on since the days of classic. Now, on Phoenix, I’m nearly rr9, and I’ve just never had any desire for “honor”. I’ve always played assassins, and to be honest, the whole idea of fighting with honor just seems like the opposite of what an assassin is built for. Chaos is just what’s fun for me. I have fun fighting other stealthers 1v1, win or lose. I have fun adding. I have fun getting added on.

I’m always reminded of Game of Thrones. I’m sure a lot of you watched it and remember the scene from season 1 (?) where Bronn steps up to fight for Tyrion’s freedom. At the end, the Stark lady whose name escapes me right now, screams at him “you don’t fight with honor”!

He says “no”, pointing down at the corpse of his enemy.. “he did”.

That’s what assassins are to me in DAOC. Always seen it that way. A big part of the fun sometimes is dodging the people looking for me just long enough to pop out of the shadows and kill a softer target, with just enough time to escape back into the shadows as a group chases me down. It’s just... exciting! I don’t know what else to say.

It doesn’t mean I won’t also fight strong targets. I do that too. I sometimes pick fights I’m almost certain to lose. In general, I fight whoever’s available to fight. Often I win, often I lose. Of the times I lose, some are fair, I’d say many more are “unfair”. That said, you’ll never catch me complaining about being killed. Were I in their position, I would’ve likely done exactly the same thing.

Anyway, I say all this to say... come on, guys! Can’t we just all be friends?
Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:15 PM by darkstar00
LolaEbola wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 8:07 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 7:20 PM

That may be true for some. On the other hand, I’ve played off and on since the days of classic. Now, on Phoenix, I’m nearly rr9, and I’ve just never had any desire for “honor”. I’ve always played assassins, and to be honest, the whole idea of fighting with honor just seems like the opposite of what an assassin is built for. Chaos is just what’s fun for me. I have fun fighting other stealthers 1v1, win or lose. I have fun adding. I have fun getting added on.

I’m always reminded of Game of Thrones. I’m sure a lot of you watched it and remember the scene from season 1 (?) where Bronn steps up to fight for Tyrion’s freedom. At the end, the Stark lady whose name escapes me right now, screams at him “you don’t fight with honor”!

He says “no”, pointing down at the corpse of his enemy.. “he did”.

That’s what assassins are to me in DAOC. Always seen it that way. A big part of the fun sometimes is dodging the people looking for me just long enough to pop out of the shadows and kill a softer target, with just enough time to escape back into the shadows as a group chases me down. It’s just... exciting! I don’t know what else to say.

It doesn’t mean I won’t also fight strong targets. I do that too. I sometimes pick fights I’m almost certain to lose. In general, I fight whoever’s available to fight. Often I win, often I lose. Of the times I lose, some are fair, I’d say many more are “unfair”. That said, you’ll never catch me complaining about being killed. Were I in their position, I would’ve likely done exactly the same thing.

Anyway, I say all this to say... come on, guys! Can’t we just all be friends?

Not disagreeing with anything you say. GOT is also ruthless!!
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:02 AM by Noashakra
Let's also be honest, most people that don't want 1vs1 are also people who have no chance in 1vs1 most of the time because they are terrible at the game. And it's fine too.
So yeah I get why someone who would make almost no rps following the solo etiquette would be bored very fast.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:40 AM by inoeth
thirian24 wrote:
Wed 30 Sep 2020 5:10 PM
Who is toxic to the solo playstyle?

Lets break this down with a bit of history.

1. Phoenix has had 3 keeps in which you can port from to the other 2. Back in the day, the solos used to gather there to have clear fair fights. It was great until the groups and smallmans seen the spam from that area and came in and broke it up all night long, no matter which keep we went to.

2. Phoenix staff implement the solo PVP zone (the best solo experience I've had on this server with amazing action). The forum lit the fuck up with people crying and bitching that there shouldn't be a solo zone, there is no solos to farm in the FZ anymore.. this isn't fair, they are making good rps.. that's not fair either (mean while people PvDoor are making the most fucking rps on this server). So the staff take away the rp tick, lower rps earned, spread the zone out over 2 zones, do some weird ass 10 man port thing etc etc and the zone died. Cool.. the adders/smalls/groups are all happy that the solos are back in the FZ again.

3. Phoenix staff allows direct port to the three solo keeps in the FZ as an alternative. Ok cool.. this can work too. FULL Zergs, groups and smallmans show up to kill off people looking for fair fights once again. Nonstop this happened. Of course the BS complaints come flying in of bowtown blah blah blah. Who gives a fuck if they bow before a fight? So that idea is shit canned.

4. Solo PVP zone is again implemented, a couple changes etc etc. Solo life is good once again. And once again the forum lit up with people sad that they weren't able to kill soloers in the FZ and the action was miserably dead for their adding playstyle. Staff shuts it down once again. Their reasoning? Too much work to deal with a couple people that wanna solo. Meanwhile the ban pages are going off 24/7 with people doing all kinds of wild shit... and there is no solo zone?? WHAT?! So should we shut down the FZ or mainlands b/c people are breaking the rules there?

So.. with this somewhat summarized, we can see where the toxic nature of peoples playstyles come from. The people crying b/c there is no solos to add or zerg down anymore. The groups intentionally going to the solo keeps to kill people literally avoiding the high traffic areas to get some clean fights in. The zergs intentionally rolling through Trelle to kill people avoiding zergs/groups/smalls.

Solos have tried and tried and tried to find fights away from zergs/groups/smalls/adders. Yet... those same people are coming to the solos. Why? But yet the solos are the toxic ones. I would whole heartedly agree with Inoeth, that these people do it to intentionally ruin other peoples fun. And for the record, the lack of people the play here anymore as a soloer, would show that that is true. Ive played here since beta, and all of my solo friends, except for a very small small few of them, have left b/c of the stated reasons.

I know we cant force people to play solo, cant force them to respect fights etc etc, but why seek us out when we are going far away to avoid you? Which is always whats called out for us to do. Read through the 29348 pages of these types of posts. "Go somewhere else." "Go to the solo keeps." "Go to the solo zone."

Its all pointless anyhow. Inoeth I'm really surprised to see you on here trying to defend any of this anymore.

good summary. why im still defending? i have hope that at least some join the bright site. and all others who feel offended -> good
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:48 AM by Sepplord
yeah, behaving like a close minded ass and insulting people has historically always made them reconsider their position and want to be part of whatever group you participate in

keep up the good work
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:36 AM by MeatBicycle
Insults won't change anything, but in fact the mentality on the server is a huge problem. Its just a huge add-fest. Maybe many players love that and for them its fine, but many other players don't like it and they will leave sooner or later. EU Prime is almost impossible to play as a solo assassin cause you only find groups of 2+ mostly high rr opponents. While 2 people are sometimes possible those add/gank groups of 5+ Players are just a reason to log off. Like the scouts camping Glenlock at the ramp because they kite with the stop-style and jumpshoot to break line of sight or all those uppland dock campers jumping with 4-5+ people on solos.

In that moments i maybe login for 10minutes and then going to do something else cause that makes no fun at all.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:58 AM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:02 AM
Let's also be honest, most people that don't want 1vs1 are also people who have no chance in 1vs1 most of the time because they are terrible at the game. And it's fine too.
So yeah I get why someone who would make almost no rps following the solo etiquette would be bored very fast.

Imho noone will miss such dishonourable cannon fodders. Ill keep sleeping at night if such useless players quit.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:58 AM by Freedomcall
Adding is highly recommended on Phoenix by system.
Devs even buffed archery so that archers, the best adder of the game, can add more.
Just try playing solo and see how things go.
Adding is compensated very well in every aspect of the game.

Adding is both supported by major player-base and gamemasters.
There is not much you can do.
Just need to bear with it.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 11:48 AM by Stoertebecker
bigne88 wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:58 AM
Noashakra wrote:

Imho noone will miss such dishonourable cannon fodders. Ill keep sleeping at night if such useless players quit.

You`d be playing on an nearly empty server without all those *cannon fodders*, adder, zergplayers. Go and try your playstyle on Uthgard, the chance that you`ll getting added is nearly zero there, even the chance to find a fight. So just Stfu.

I give a shit on ppl that think their playstyle is l33t and the only one possible.
There is a handful solo players where i don`t add. Wanna know why? Because they are not complaining about getting added. You`ll never read a bad word from them in /s /reg etc. Thats how you earn respect, not with complaining bout each lil shit.

Same thing for 8v8, if i watch a fight unstealthed from the distance and they let me live i won`t add them in future, if they kill me they can be sure that i`ll add each fight.

You want respect? Go and deserve it.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 12:06 PM by inoeth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 11:48 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

You`d be playing on an nearly empty server without all those *cannon fodders*, adder, zergplayers. Go and try your playstyle on Uthgard, the chance that you`ll getting added is nearly zero there, even the chance to find a fight. So just Stfu.

I give a shit on ppl that think their playstyle is l33t and the only one possible.
There is a handful solo players where i don`t add. Wanna know why? Because they are not complaining about getting added. You`ll never read a bad word from them in /s /reg etc. Thats how you earn respect, not with complaining bout each lil shit.

Same thing for 8v8, if i watch a fight unstealthed from the distance and they let me live i won`t add them in future, if they kill me they can be sure that i`ll add each fight.

funny that you bring solo play style in a line with l33t because that is what i expect ppl to think about us. they think we are l33t and neet some "grounding" or something like that. nobody needs those schoolmaster ppl.
im sure you can name those honorable solo fighters that do not complain.
and you can also tell why it is a problem to complain about problems? is it not complaining to complain about complainers?
its hard to defend oneself when you have to realize that you are part of the problem right?

be a progressive person, evolve, jump over your shadow, follow the golden rule, be a good guy
Thu 1 Oct 2020 1:25 PM by Stoertebecker
inoeth wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 12:06 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

funny that you bring solo play style in a line with l33t because that is what i expect ppl to think about us. they think we are l33t and neet some "grounding" or something like that. nobody needs those schoolmaster ppl.
and you can also tell why it is a problem to complain about problems? is it not complaining to complain about complainers?
its hard to defend oneself when you have to realize that you are part of the problem right?

be a progressive person, evolve, jump over your shadow, follow the golden rule, be a good guy

Carefully, you`re someone i usually don`t add, don`t turn it into the other direction. And the line between i like this person and gth is very thin.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 5:37 PM by bigne88
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 1:25 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 12:06 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

Carefully, you`re someone i usually don`t add, don`t turn it into the other direction. And the line between i like this person and gth is very thin.

Thia guy is truly a bad ass threatning here and there.

I send you, my dear friend, a warm hug. Write me in pm if you wanna have a talk.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:39 PM by LolaEbola
This thread makes me sad.

Over and over, I write essays talking about the issue from my point of view, and nobody wants to debate it with me, but they’ll happily engage with the people who just want to throw insults around.

If we’re not gonna discuss this issue civilly, like well adjusted adults, then tbh why are we even here?
Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:13 PM by Ibs
LolaEbola wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 6:39 PM
This thread makes me sad.

Over and over, I write essays talking about the issue from my point of view, and nobody wants to debate it with me, but they’ll happily engage with the people who just want to throw insults around.

If we’re not gonna discuss this issue civilly, like well adjusted adults, then tbh why are we even here?

Because arguing with the red is dead crowd is exhausting and unproductive. We're both dyed in the wool in our respective play styles, so it's less conducive to substantive arguments, and more prone to spit-balling. Almost as if you should separate these two play styles, into some kind of solo pvp zone...
Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:34 PM by tommccartney
LolaEbola wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 8:45 PM

Well said, spot on.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:48 PM by tommccartney
I never understand people who only want ‘respect’ fair fight in RvR.

You basically want to /stick each other and press a style backed up by another style ? And see who wins. Boring.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:52 PM by Ibs
tommccartney wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:48 PM

You basically want to /stick each other and press a style backed up by another style ? And see who wins. Boring.

Well, i never understood people who only want to kill everything they see.

You basically want to stick the person with the lowest health and press a style backed up by another style, and you know you're going to win. Boring.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:01 PM by DinoTriz
There's a guy on YouTube who tries to play online multiplayer games as a Pacifist.

Pretty funny.

Would be cool to see someone do that in the Frontier.

A wandering Friar, blessing all travelers, no matter the realm.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:06 PM by tommccartney
Ibs wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 7:52 PM
tommccartney wrote:

You basically want to stick the person with the lowest health and press a style backed up by another style, and you know you're going to win. Boring.

The entire object of the game is to try to use your knowledge, skills & abilities to kill as many enemies as possible before they kill you.

You sound like you’d prefer a platform 1v1 game, there’s plenty out there.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:17 PM by Ibs
tommccartney wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:06 PM
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

The entire object of the game is to try to use your knowledge, skills & abilities to kill as many enemies as possible before they kill you.

I'd prefer if tools would stop telling me to play mortal kombat or cod if i want a 1v1. The entire object of this game was to make mythic entertainment money.

See lola? This is why most soloers gave up arguing long ago. Red is dead will say "go play counter strike" and soloers will beg for a fair fight. The end.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:24 PM by Noashakra
tommccartney wrote:
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

And you know when you can't do that? When you play at 2/3+ vs 1. Mashing your anytime twice to kill someone doesn't require skills or knowledge.
Quite an ironic post.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:24 PM by DinoTriz
I don't have a dog in this fight, but hear me out:

Some people consider shaming others into playing a certain way as more toxic than adding.

The internet sure has a way of raising tiny little tyrants that love to try to control others. Control what they say, what they do, how they play...and they do it all from a holier-than-thou pedestal.

Let people play the way they want.

It's a video game.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:38 PM by tommccartney
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:24 PM
tommccartney wrote:
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

And you know when you can't do that? When you play at 2/3+ vs 1. Mashing your anytime twice to kill someone doesn't require skills or knowledge.
Quite an ironic post.

Why are you crying about dying to multiple players on a massively multiplayer game ? Idiot
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:39 PM by Ibs
DinoTriz wrote:

Some people consider shaming others into playing a certain way as more toxic than adding.

The internet sure has a way of raising tiny little tyrants that love to try to control others. Control what they say, what they do, how they play...and they do it all from a holier-than-thou pedestal.

It's a video game.

That's why i ask the gms to reinstate the pvp zone ad nauseum. These two groups (red is dead, and no add soloers) will never see eye to eye. I'm not trying to force red is dead people to play my way. I'm trying to think of a way both parties can have their needs fulfilled.
You know how many times I've been told to leave the game and play another? That's true toxicity and "shaming people to play another way". Some people would rather see you leave forever rather than try to visualize your perspective or throw you the smallest of bones.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:49 PM by tommccartney
The PvP zone was closed because it is subject to abuse and too much time/effort for the GM’s to police, not that the ‘solo’ community isn’t toxic or anything
Thu 1 Oct 2020 9:01 PM by Noashakra
tommccartney wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:38 PM
Why are you crying about dying to multiple players on a massively multiplayer game ? Idiot

Am I the idiot crying?
Where?
I just pointed out the irony of your post. You are not the sharpest tool in the shed obviously.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 9:09 PM by lolhisup
"Respect" Is this real life man, why do people take this shit so seriously
Thu 1 Oct 2020 9:11 PM by Noashakra
lolhisup wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 9:09 PM
why do people take this shit so seriously

You could make the argument about the same thing for many things. Sport, work, etc.
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:05 PM by easytoremember
lolhisup wrote:
A certain group of people that sperg out when you don't go along with their **** can't exist in a world that does not police what people can say; be it insults, shit talking, jest, vulgarity, "inappropriate" names, or generally rude- and it bled into games via the employees. It sidecarred the mentality that people must play only the proper way, and not doing so makes you a griefer or a troll. The first big example of it was Riot Games w/ League of Legends
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:42 PM by bigne88
lolhisup wrote:
Daoc it is a role playing game with guilds, alliances and overall interaction with enemies, realm mates, guild mates, bgmates, group mates. Even NPCs have reputation with you.
Respect or no respect is the base of a MMORPG. Everyone has something to proove, to himself or others (titles or reskins is jsut an example, but also the rank or the kill count on the herald or DS and HoH scoreboard)..
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:48 PM by LolaEbola
Ibs wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 8:17 PM
tommccartney wrote:
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

I'd prefer if tools would stop telling me to play mortal kombat or cod if i want a 1v1. The entire object of this game was to make mythic entertainment money.

See lola? This is why most soloers gave up arguing long ago. Red is dead will say "go play counter strike" and soloers will beg for a fair fight. The end.

But, I didn’t say that. Someone else did. I’m happy for you to play your way. I just ask that you be happy for me to play my way.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 1:08 AM by thirian24
LolaEbola wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:48 PM
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

But, I didn’t say that. Someone else did. I’m happy for you to play your way. I just ask that you be happy for me to play my way.

You missed the point he was making. His point is, that this is why nobody from the "soloer" side is going to debate you, for the reasons listed above.

And to add to this, the guy saying the soloers are toxic, is the one calling people idiots. Nice one there.
Ibs wrote:
DinoTriz wrote:

It's a video game.

That's why i ask the gms to reinstate the pvp zone ad nauseum. These two groups (red is dead, and no add soloers) will never see eye to eye. I'm not trying to force red is dead people to play my way. I'm trying to think of a way both parties can have their needs fulfilled.
You know how many times I've been told to leave the game and play another? That's true toxicity and "shaming people to play another way". Some people would rather see you leave forever rather than try to visualize your perspective or throw you the smallest of bones.

See Loola, he does want you to play your way. He is totally fine with you playing your way. But its obvious your not ok with him playing his way (IE - this is b/c you add and he doesn't). The 2 cant exist together.

Its funny, that the people that didn't want the pvp zone, always bring that up. There were literally people in there intentionally causing drama and issues to get it shut down. They even stated that that was their intention. But yeah, soloers are the issue here.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 3:44 AM by LolaEbola
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 1:08 AM
LolaEbola wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:48 PM
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:
Ibs wrote:
tommccartney wrote:

You missed the point he was making. His point is, that this is why nobody from the "soloer" side is going to debate you, for the reasons listed above.

And to add to this, the guy saying the soloers are toxic, is the one calling people idiots. Nice one there.
Ibs wrote:
DinoTriz wrote:

It's a video game.

See Loola, he does want you to play your way. He is totally fine with you playing your way. But its obvious your not ok with him playing his way (IE - this is b/c you add and he doesn't). The 2 cant exist together.

Its funny, that the people that didn't want the pvp zone, always bring that up. There were literally people in there intentionally causing drama and issues to get it shut down. They even stated that that was their intention. But yeah, soloers are the issue here.

I’m not sure how I missed the point. I’m not calling anyone idiots. Don’t talk with the people who are, by all means. Instead, talk with me!

For the record, I was cool with the pvp zone. I had tons of fun in there. Got a few real world death threats in there as well, for playing how I play, but it is what it is. I tried not to take them too seriously.

Anyway, are you saying that because I add, I’m not okay with others not adding? I just want to make sure I’m understanding.

To further clarify my point, I’m always going to add. If you never want to add, that’s totally cool! If you’re the same realm as me and you want to pull off when I add, that’s your right as well.

Long story short, I support you doing whatever you like, within the rules of the game, and I’ll never come to the forums and ask you to do otherwise.

I’m the one being asked to play differently here. (Maybe not by this specific person, but by many in this thread who imply or flat out say that I’m toxic for adding)

If that’s not the case and I’m misunderstanding something (totally possible), by all means correct me.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 4:13 AM by thirian24
Loola, the next time I talk to you directly in my posts, I'll highlight it in red so you know which parts I'm directing st you. Whatever isn't highlighted in red, won't be directed at you.

That's my fault for a poorly constructed post.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 4:15 AM by LolaEbola
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 4:13 AM
Loola, the next time I talk to you directly in my posts, I'll highlight it in red so you know which parts I'm directing st you. Whatever isn't highlighted in red, won't be directed at you.

That's my fault for a poorly constructed post.

Thanks friend!
Fri 2 Oct 2020 5:11 AM by Nheryn
*take pop-corn and share with everyone :p*
Fri 2 Oct 2020 7:46 AM by gotwqqd
I think the only thing that rubs me wrong way and makes me log or leave the rvr zone is this whole respect thing regarding 1v1 and 8v8 whereas your realm mates do nothing to help you and let you die.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 8:44 AM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 7:46 AM
I think the only thing that rubs me wrong way and makes me log or leave the rvr zone is this whole respect thing regarding 1v1 and 8v8 whereas your realm mates do nothing to help you and let you die.

thats what you get when you add, deserved
Fri 2 Oct 2020 8:57 AM by evert
Can we stop pretending the pvp-zone was hugely popular and then the evil GMs shut it down? I was in there until the bitter end but there were some days when there were 0 people even at EU prime time, and never more than 15 or so.

Anyway I'm with Loola here, solo if you want, respect people if you want, don't expect others to play your way. Personally if I know you as a soloer I won't add, if it's obvious you are in a solo area looking for 1v1s I won't add, otherwise it depends. I'm now on 1.5k solo kills and one fg and one smallman ever have let me live, so any "respect" with regard to people in groups is non-existent.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:10 AM by Stoertebecker
bigne88 wrote:
Thu 1 Oct 2020 10:42 PM
lolhisup wrote:
Daoc it is a role playing game with guilds, alliances and overall interaction with enemies, realm mates, guild mates, bgmates, group mates. Even NPCs have reputation with you.
Respect or no respect is the base of a MMORPG. Everyone has something to proove, to himself or others (titles or reskins is jsut an example, but also the rank or the kill count on the herald or DS and HoH scoreboard)..

Hello, it`s me again....

What you wrote is correct, but doesn`t answer the question why ppl take it so seriously.

Noone is losing money, noone is dying in rl. Not sure about the last, some ppl may have high blood pressure problems.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:18 AM by inoeth
evert wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 8:57 AM
Can we stop pretending the pvp-zone was hugely popular and then the evil GMs shut it down? I was in there until the bitter end but there were some days when there were 0 people even at EU prime time, and never more than 15 or so.

Anyway I'm with Loola here, solo if you want, respect people if you want, don't expect others to play your way. Personally if I know you as a soloer I won't add, if it's obvious you are in a solo area looking for 1v1s I won't add, otherwise it depends. I'm now on 1.5k solo kills and one fg and one smallman ever have let me live, so any "respect" with regard to people in groups is non-existent.

it was... for one day, then it got (rp) nerfed heavily because some morons went there, added everything and did huge rp (hi smud)
then only classes like necro, champ, pala, bd went there... classes that you would not engage if you are not one of those classes yourself.
then this ridicolous last man standing thing came, not sure why this was done... nothing to do with fair fight.
and the whole time ppl were crying that there are no soloers to add anymore...

imo the solo zone is a nice concept, but for me personally not ver exciting on the long run.
it would be way better if not everybody added you on sight, i mean getting over run from time to time is ok but this constantly getting farmed by the same bunch of idiots is very tiring. can you not wait for the 1on1 to be over and then add? you do it for the task participation anyway.

ah and btw again .... plz remove the tasks! its the root of all this shit
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:56 AM by evert
inoeth wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:18 AM
evert wrote:

it was... for one day, then it got (rp) nerfed heavily because some morons went there, added everything and did huge rp (hi smud)
then only classes like necro, champ, pala, bd went there... classes that you would not engage if you are not one of those classes yourself.
then this ridicolous last man standing thing came, not sure why this was done... nothing to do with fair fight.

imo the solo zone is a nice concept, but for me personally not ver exciting on the long run.
it would be way better if not everybody added you on sight, i mean getting over run from time to time is ok but this constantly getting farmed by the same bunch of idiots is very tiring. can you not wait for the 1on1 to be over and then add? you do it for the task participation anyway.

Still don't get what you want. 1vs1 but not like in the solo zone (which was put back to normal rps btw and was active for several months and was very much a fair/1v1 zone during that time - sorry if you missed out)?? 1vs1 but only against people who are weaker than you?
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:02 AM by Sepplord
agree with evert, it really seems as if you don't know any solution either besides "everyone never add because that'S my playstyle" and are getting frustrated (understandable) and lashing out at everyone/everything that could be in any way related

The argumentation looks like this to me:
Solozone doesn't work, only strong soloclasses go there --> which means you want to fight people 1vs1 that don't want to do that --> you don't give a shit about what those suckers want, apparently they are skilless idiots if they are solo and don't want to 1vs1

It simply lacks ANY perspective but your own, and is heavily expressed in the way you name other people

TL;DR: it's a bunch of hypocritical rants
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:11 AM by inoeth
evert wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:56 AM
inoeth wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:18 AM
evert wrote:

Still don't get what you want. 1vs1 but not like in the solo zone (which was put back to normal rps btw and was active for several months and was very much a fair/1v1 zone during that time - sorry if you missed out)?? 1vs1 against people who are weaker than you?

did i say that? no! i just dont want to fight rr10 necros all the time. just normal rvr but without getting farmed 24/7 .... what is so difficult to understand?
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:31 AM by evert
inoeth wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:11 AM
did i say that? no! i just dont want to fight rr10 necros all the time. just normal rvr but without getting farmed 24/7 .... what is so difficult to understand?

Well it sounds like you want normal rvr but remove groups that kill you and other solos that kill you. That does sound fun but not for anyone else.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:20 PM by bigne88
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:10 AM
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

What you wrote is correct, but doesn`t answer the question why ppl take it so seriously.

Noone is losing money, noone is dying in rl. Not sure about the last, some ppl may have high blood pressure problems.

Haha well, for sure I dont take it seriously and most people dosent.
I think it's all about time investiment, like all the other hobbies we have. And to make it worth doing so, we pretend to take it seriously, otherwise it is just a waste of time.
In the end we are all a bounch of nerds who shares the love for a 20 years old dead videogame. Thats why we should respect eachother more. Without this small comunity, where we all put a weight on, everybody count, or the server will die; thats why I get a bit mad when a stealther decides to whipe a lvl 35 party exping in fz, because the party will disband and the server might lose 8 players.
The theory of "dying in a pvp zone is ok" is perfectly ok for a mainstream mmorpg like wow, with an enormous comunity; daoc, and phoenix especially, cant afford this kind of mentality. And to some extent, this is valid also for 8v8 or 1v1 fights.
I quit playing after the archer buff, where it was not possible to have a clean fight anymore, because everyone and their mothers were adding with stealthers. Yesterday I joined an xp party and we got ganked twice by the same 2 stealthers in fz; than we moved to df and instantly got ganked by 2 rangers; at that point the party disbanded. I cant 8v8 or 1v1 because stealthers add, I cant exp because stealthers add; what can I do, apart from quitting again?

Edit. Another aspect to consider: not only we invest our time in a videogame, most of us are in their 30+ years old: we are nomore 16yo with loads of time to waste, quite the opposite, with families and job to take care of, all the few hours we can "invest" on this server is more precioua than ever. And nobody likes to be griefed on his free time.
IMHO
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:33 PM by Stoertebecker
bigne88 wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 12:20 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

I think it's all about time investiment, like all the other hobbies we have. And to make it worth doing so, we pretend to take it seriously, otherwise it is just a waste of time.

Uhm , yeah, well....Some ppl have fapping as their hobby...seriously fapping. Now its getting comical

Hey you...yes you...you wanker, you`re fapping without lube. Get lube...NOW, we keep fapping very seriously here. And don`t even think about adding some lonely wanker, we watch your steps !!
Fri 2 Oct 2020 2:47 PM by LolaEbola
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

In the end we are all a bounch of nerds who shares the love for a 20 years old dead videogame. Thats why we should respect eachother more. Without this small comunity, where we all put a weight on, everybody count, or the server will die; thats why I get a bit mad when a stealther decides to whipe a lvl 35 party exping in fz, because the party will disband and the server might lose 8 players.
The theory of "dying in a pvp zone is ok" is perfectly ok for a mainstream mmorpg like wow, with an enormous comunity; daoc, and phoenix especially, cant afford this kind of mentality. And to some extent, this is valid also for 8v8 or 1v1 fights.
I quit playing after the archer buff, where it was not possible to have a clean fight anymore, because everyone and their mothers were adding with stealthers. Yesterday I joined an xp party and we got ganked twice by the same 2 stealthers in fz; than we moved to df and instantly got ganked by 2 rangers; at that point the party disbanded. I cant 8v8 or 1v1 because stealthers add, I cant exp because stealthers add; what can I do, apart from quitting again?

Edit. Another aspect to consider: not only we invest our time in a videogame, most of us are in their 30+ years old: we are nomore 16yo with loads of time to waste, quite the opposite, with families and job to take care of, all the few hours we can "invest" on this server is more precioua than ever. And nobody likes to be griefed on his free time.
IMHO

With all due respect, when I read this, I’m seeing “we went to xp in a pvp zone and got killed by players, so we went to xp in another pvp zone and got killed by more players”

Why don’t people just go xp in non pvp zones? Is the xp a bit slower? Maybe. There’s also task bonuses for mainland dungeons, and those are full of concentrated weapons grade nostalgia. Hell, I’d xp more of people would go there.

But, even if we assume the xp is slower, isn’t it better overall when you’re not getting killed and losing group members?

In my view, the blame is more on the group who keeps doing the same thing, expecting different results, and less on the pvper doing pvp in a pvp zone.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 5:04 PM by skipari
bigne88 wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 4:49 PM
LolaEbola wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 2:47 PM
With all due respect, when I read this, I’m seeing “we went to xp in a pvp zone and got killed by players, so we went to xp in another pvp zone and got killed by more players”

Why don’t people just go xp in non pvp zones? Is the xp a bit slower? Maybe. There’s also task bonuses for mainland dungeons, and those are full of concentrated weapons grade nostalgia. Hell, I’d xp more of people would go there.

But, even if we assume the xp is slower, isn’t it better overall when you’re not getting killed and losing group members?

In my view, the blame is more on the group who keeps doing the same thing, expecting different results, and less on the pvper doing pvp in a pvp zone.

Normaly I would agree with you, on a normal server of a normal mmorpg.

I wont reiterate about the "we are old and busy and have few time to invest in levelling" that moves people to exp in fz are or df or poc.

And not even let me start about "can we call player vs player killing low level enemies who has no chance on killing you?".

I'm pointing out stealthers who are the one implied on this kind of activity; we got ganked twice in fz by the same guy, who oneshotted a lvl 35 party; than we moved on df (open to my realm) and again got ganked at entrance by 2 archers.

This is not pvp, is just griefing and lack of respect. Thous stealther players have to resolve their iRL frustration and grief, with selfishness, on other player's time.
There is a lot of ppl to kill in fz, amirite? Why gank expers? Because you are a redacted? You are too bad to kill another lvl 50?
You seem pretty well used to this kind of behaviour, please, help me to understand. Whats the fun of killing expers?

Calling some stranger for whatever reasons "piece of redacted" sounds like a wonderful way to earn respect

But anyway, if you go out into any pvp zone you consent to pvp at all, doesn't matter if you zerg, solo, xp whatever. People can do whatever makes them tickle their dipsticks as long as its within the rules.
If you don't kill xpers, that's nice, I don't do that either, but it is more a gentlement agreement. Don't expect anyone to live after your personal morale code.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 5:24 PM by LolaEbola
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

IMHO

I wont reiterate about the "we are old and busy and have few time to invest in levelling" that moves people to exp in fz are or df or poc.

And not even let me start about "can we call player vs player killing low level enemies who has no chance on killing you?".

I'm pointing out stealthers who are the one implied on this kind of activity; we got ganked twice in fz by the same guy, who oneshotted a lvl 35 party; than we moved on df (open to my realm) and again got ganked at entrance by 2 archers.

This is not pvp, is just griefing and lack of respect. Thous stealther players have to resolve their iRL frustration and grief, with selfishness, on other player's time.
There is a lot of ppl to kill in fz, amirite? Why gank expers? Because you are a selfish pice of shit? You are too bad to kill another lvl 50?
You seem pretty well used to this kind of behaviour, please, help me to understand. Whats the fun of killing expers? The small amount of rps you get it is worth 8 people logging off? For me it is not.

Couple of things I want to establish here.

First, as another commenter pointed out, I’ve addressed you with nothing but respect, and I don’t appreciate being called a piece of redactedfor how I interact with a video game. Hopefully, we can agree there.

Second, at level 35, you con yellow to me and are worth rps. I see no reason why I’d just walk by some rps and not take them.

Third, if you guys respond quickly and appropriately, it’s entirely possible for you to kill me. Killing one level 35 is one thing, (and I don’t have a problem with that either), but attacking a full, well put together bomb group of level 35’s? I’ve died before. I applaud you guys when it happens. Even when I’m being /rofl’d and /rude’d.

I’ve also been part of xp groups that kill the level 50 stealther jumping us, and man, it’s good for morale! Always a good feeling when the school of minnows manages to take down the shark.

Anyway, above and beyond all of this, if you find you’re getting killed in pvp zones, I still don’t see any good reason why you don’t move your group out of the pvp zones. I tend to look at solutions to problems that are within my control, rather than looking to others to adapt their behavior to solve them for me.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 9:46 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
bigne88 wrote:
a lvl 35 party; than we moved on df (open to my realm) and again got ganked at entrance by 2 archers.

At level 35 you con yellow...until you're dead. Regardless, you are worth rp's, and that's what the game is about. If you don't want to get farmed, then don't farm in a PvP zone. It's YOU that lack respect in this regard, as YOU expect special treatment because....reasons?

What's the difference between your char getting ganked and a level 50 getting ran over by a full group? How about a RR2 getting hammered by a RR10? There is no difference. This game is, and always will be about the bigger fish, or the bigger school of fish.

bigne88 wrote:
This is not pvp, is just griefing and lack of respect. ....... Why gank expers?

Did you know that killing even a gray con xper counts toward RvR participation credit? That's 1k juicy rp's at the lower realm ranks.

I hunt in xp zones due to the fact that I got hunted while trying to level, and rather than cry about it, like some, I get payback. I will murder your gray con xper sometimes if it's close to task time and I've nothing in the bag, and sometimes I do it just because I'm bored. You see, at the lower RR levels you are NOT competitive with the many high RR level chars on this server, first, and as an actual solo character, you are NOT competitive with the throngs of stealthers that roam in packs, let alone the visible groups and zergs. Hunting xp'ers gives you the chance to kill the enemy despite your low realm rank, while hopefully avoiding getting ran over by a vis or stealth group while being solo. Hunting xp'rs allows you to actually be a stalker, which is what the stealth class is all about.

You want to get the rewards of xping the frontier or DF, that's fine, but I'm going to try to shoot you in the face or stab you in the back for doing it, and I don't care what you con. If you can't handle that then don't xp in RvR zones, or just quit already.

See you in the frontier.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 9:48 PM by ExcretusMaximus
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 9:46 PM
Did you know that killing even a gray con xper counts toward RvR participation credit?

No, it doesn't.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:37 PM by boridi
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 9:48 PM
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Did you know that killing even a gray con xper counts toward RvR participation credit?

No, it doesn't.
Yes, it does. At least in DF it does.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:14 PM by ExcretusMaximus
boridi wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:37 PM

No, it doesn't.

Uthred wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 3:06 PM
Killing greys rewards you with nothing but "some reputation", but no rps nor do they count for any title/stats.
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:59 PM by IdiamVonGawaine
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:14 PM
boridi wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 10:37 PM

No, it doesn't.

Uthred wrote:
Killing greys rewards you with nothing but "some reputation", but no rps nor do they count for any title/stats.

Easy to test.

Hit the frontier with a clean slate, then find and murder some hapless gray con char. See what happens at participation change over. Then come back and report your findings.

I'll do the same.

Thank you.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:15 AM by DinoTriz
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:59 PM
Easy to test.

Hit the frontier with a clean slate, then find and murder some hapless gray con char. See what happens at participation change over. Then come back and report your findings.

I'll do the same.

Thank you.

For those who are about to die: we salute you.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:24 AM by LolaEbola
DinoTriz wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:15 AM
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 11:59 PM
Easy to test.

I'll do the same.

Thank you.

For those who are about to die: we salute you.

/emote says I’m sorry! This is for science!
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:44 AM by bigne88
LolaEbola wrote:
Fri 2 Oct 2020 5:24 PM
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

IMHO

There is a lot of ppl to kill in fz, amirite? Why gank expers? Because you are a selfish pice of shit? You are too bad to kill another lvl 50?
You seem pretty well used to this kind of behaviour, please, help me to understand. Whats the fun of killing expers? The small amount of rps you get it is worth 8 people logging off? For me it is not.

First, as another commenter pointed out, I’ve addressed you with nothing but respect, and I don’t appreciate being called a piece of redactedfor how I interact with a video game. Hopefully, we can agree there.

Second, at level 35, you con yellow to me and are worth rps. I see no reason why I’d just walk by some rps and not take them.

Third, if you guys respond quickly and appropriately, it’s entirely possible for you to kill me. Killing one level 35 is one thing, (and I don’t have a problem with that either), but attacking a full, well put together bomb group of level 35’s? I’ve died before. I applaud you guys when it happens. Even when I’m being /rofl’d and /rude’d.

I’ve also been part of xp groups that kill the level 50 stealther jumping us, and man, it’s good for morale! Always a good feeling when the school of minnows manages to take down the shark.

Anyway, above and beyond all of this, if you find you’re getting killed in pvp zones, I still don’t see any good reason why you don’t move your group out of the pvp zones. I tend to look at solutions to problems that are within my control, rather than looking to others to adapt their behavior to solve them for me.

You pretend to dont get my point, which is part of your roleplaying. Cool.
To my eyes, in my humble opinion, you are one of the selfish guys who are killing this server. Good for you.
But I dont like it, and Im free to call you a selfish griefer. Nothing wrong with that either.

I just finished my 12 hours of nursering at hospital, you probably are a neckbeard who lives with his parents. We both have our rights, long life to democracy.

But im done with this blabbering. You dont get it and never will, which is fine. Sooo you won and my crusade for a better server is over.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:48 AM by LolaEbola
bigne88 wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:44 AM
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

IMHO

To my eyes, in my humble opinion, you are one of the selfish guys who are killing this server. Good for you.
But I dont like it, and Im free to call you a selfish griefer. Nothing wrong with that either.

I just finished my 12 hours of nursering at hospital, you probably are a neckbeard who lives with his parents. We both have our rights, long life to democracy.

Wow, this is incredible. I’m actually a married man, and a father of two young babies, who just enjoys playing a game a bit differently from you.

I find it absolutely fascinating that you continue to insult me, only getting more and more personal with your insults because we disagree over a computer game.

To be entirely clear, I’m not roleplaying here. I understand the point you’re trying to make, and I disagree with it. It seems, rather than acknowledge my point, you prefer to insult me.

Well, I won’t do the same to you, my friend. I wish you well, and I wish you happiness. Though, I don’t know if there’s anything productive left to say here, so maybe we call this the end of the discussion?
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:53 AM by bigne88
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
a lvl 35 party; than we moved on df (open to my realm) and again got ganked at entrance by 2 archers.

At level 35 you con yellow...until you're dead. Regardless, you are worth rp's, and that's what the game is about. If you don't want to get farmed, then don't farm in a PvP zone. It's YOU that lack respect in this regard, as YOU expect special treatment because....reasons?

What's the difference between your char getting ganked and a level 50 getting ran over by a full group? How about a RR2 getting hammered by a RR10? There is no difference. This game is, and always will be about the bigger fish, or the bigger school of fish.

bigne88 wrote:
This is not pvp, is just griefing and lack of respect. ....... Why gank expers?

Did you know that killing even a gray con xper counts toward RvR participation credit? That's 1k juicy rp's at the lower realm ranks.

I hunt in xp zones due to the fact that I got hunted while trying to level, and rather than cry about it, like some, I get payback. I will murder your gray con xper sometimes if it's close to task time and I've nothing in the bag, and sometimes I do it just because I'm bored. You see, at the lower RR levels you are NOT competitive with the many high RR level chars on this server, first, and as an actual solo character, you are NOT competitive with the throngs of stealthers that roam in packs, let alone the visible groups and zergs. Hunting xp'ers gives you the chance to kill the enemy despite your low realm rank, while hopefully avoiding getting ran over by a vis or stealth group while being solo. Hunting xp'rs allows you to actually be a stalker, which is what the stealth class is all about.

You want to get the rewards of xping the frontier or DF, that's fine, but I'm going to try to shoot you in the face or stab you in the back for doing it, and I don't care what you con. If you can't handle that then don't xp in RvR zones, or just quit already.

See you in the frontier.

Another selfish player.
Good for you that you gained 1k rps (wow!).
What can I say? You are the best! Good job killing thous annoying expers!

But do me a favour: before wiping an exping party, pm me on the website or on discord (shoxx/blackastro) and Ill be happy to login any realm and give you tha free rps that you want.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 1:58 AM by darkstar00
LolaEbola wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:48 AM
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

IMHO

Wow, this is incredible. I’m actually a married man, and a father of two young babies, who just enjoys playing a game a bit differently from you.

I find it absolutely fascinating that you continue to insult me, only getting more and more personal with your insults because we disagree over a computer game.

To be entirely clear, I’m not roleplaying here. I understand the point you’re trying to make, and I disagree with it. It seems, rather than acknowledge my point, you prefer to insult me.

Well, I won’t do the same to you, my friend. I wish you well, and I wish you happiness. Though, I don’t know if there’s anything productive left to say here, so maybe we call this the end of the discussion?

Loola has a pic of him and his kid in discord profile pic, lmao.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:10 AM by IdiamVonGawaine
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
No, it doesn't.

Uthred wrote:

2013: Depart to frontier with 7 minutes remaining on participation timer.
2020: Timer kicks off. No reward.
2035: Find, and promptly murder, 1 hapless gray con char xping in their frontier. Let the other one go.
2050: Timer kicks off and my char gets participation credit for said murder.

Conclusion: gray character murder does indeed reward the particpant through the RvR participation credit as stated.

There you go, buddy. That Uthred info is WRONG.

Thank you.

bigne88 wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:53 AM
Another selfish player.

Says the selfish guy crying because people don't abide by his own stupid sense of "honor" and play-style in a video game.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:23 AM by bigne88
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

IMHO

Dude, you already called an end few post ago, with your selfish and egoistic point of view.
Im not insulting you or your intelligence, since it would be like shooting on the red cross.
Im just writing down my opinion, which you dont agree with (nothing wrong with that) and surely you dont understand. Sooo...you won the game, you are the boss of phoenix and a great father! Gz! Keep killing thous damn experz!!! Phoenix dosent need new lvl 50!
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:24 AM by bigne88
IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:10 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
No, it doesn't.

Uthred wrote:

2013: Depart to frontier with 7 minutes remaining on participation timer.
2020: Timer kicks off. No reward.
2035: Find, and promptly murder, 1 hapless gray con char xping in their frontier. Let the other one go.
2050: Timer kicks off and my char gets participation credit for said murder.

Conclusion: gray character murder does indeed reward the particpant through the RvR participation credit as stated.

There you go, buddy. That Uthred info is WRONG.

Thank you.

bigne88 wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 12:53 AM
Another selfish player.

Says the selfish guy crying because people don't abide by his own stupid sense of "honor" and play-style in a video game.
You right champ, im stupid! You are the best pvper! You are the boss! Thanks for ganking expers, you are making daoc great again!
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:31 AM by bigne88
darkstar00 wrote:
Sat 3 Oct 2020 1:58 AM
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:
bigne88 wrote:
lolhisup wrote:

Hello, it`s me again....

IMHO

Loola has a pic of him and his kid in discord profile pic, lmao.
This is pretty sad.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:36 AM by LolaEbola
I’m not gonna keep quoting the chat cause it’s getting quite long at this point, but can we please stop this? I don’t take any joy from this, and you certainly don’t look very reasonable here.
Sat 3 Oct 2020 2:45 AM by Razilly
This thread is now locked due to personal insults.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics