arrows should be free

archers should get more spec points

dodging arrows should be illegal

crit shot draw time should be as fast as spell casting

regular arrows should crit

Re: nerf archer damage already

Bradekes wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 2:36 PM
I like how you equate tactics and smart gameplay to being toxic.

That's because it is.

Putting value on hard work and skill benefits a meritocratic society, which does not consider the lack of skill and feelings of those less fortunate.

Comments like "git gud" or "L2P" are ultimately harmful and toxic to everyone. The reason they aren't skilled is because they're being held back by a system of people who think like you.

So the next time you're playing, think twice about using skill and tactics and instead think about what your opponent is feeling and how 400 years of systemic oppression has affected their ability to play the game.

inoeth wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 2:56 PM
click "crit shot", click fire -> rp
wow much smart, many tactic, so gameplay
Ohh I see you have a very simplistic view of tactics.

Alb runs lots of casters -> hib runs lots of archers = good tactical decision.

Albs expected tactic

Hibs run lots of archers -> alb runs guard on its casters

Albs realistic tactic

Hibs run lots of archers -> Albs complain on forum

Bradekes wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:14 PM
inoeth wrote:

Albs expected tactic

Albs realistic tactic

LOL
show me how alb will run 1 caster+ 1 tank setups now to constantly guard all casters... and even if why not just assist the tank down real quick?

you are either blind or have issues understanding basic game mechanics and this has nothing to do with any "tactic" since it does not require any form of synergy or skill
archers are just too strong atm

the archer patch was done because many complained "i cant kill anything solo" but do you see any archers soloing now? no. they just assist each other from invunerable locations with ridicolous dmg. time to tone down archer dmg to where it used to be. ppl can still assist and kill targets, no need for these high numbers.
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Bradekes wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:19 PM
Umm no.. sorry but if you want to win you can't expect the enemy to stop doing what's working. You yourself come up with a solution from your skill at the game and its mechanics to beat what's working for your enemy. That's how you play a game.

You're perpetuating a myth that claims that you need to have skill to win at a game.

That is what the system has lied to you about since you were born.

Maybe YOU have been winning enough at the game. It's time you step aside and let your opponent have a say.

You've benefitted enough from this system of "skill" and "tactics".

Your system is designed to destroy and hold your opponent back. You're just as guilty if you don't let him win.

Bradekes wrote:
MeatBicycle wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 1:20 PM
you can try to make fun out of us. Thats no problem for me. Use and abuse this tactic/playstyle as long as you want. Toxic behaviour is normal behaviour on phoenix, so i didn't expected anyone to agree with me or to realize that the own class or playstyle is kind of retarded balancewise. You can see that here all the time. You guys are no exception.

The truth is that the archer assist is a plain stupid game mechanic. It is hilarious to almost insta kill people (even buffed fulltanks) without any sort of counterplay. Even the mentioned voideld bolt assist would not be that great because bolts misses quite often and the range from bolts is lower than archer range. Beside you have to see your target to start a cast while the archer can aim without a target and have something like instant damage when a target comes in line of sight.

Furthermore: The debuffnuke is too high as well, but at least you need 2 different classes for that. Thats a nice synergy between multiple classes, while archers are just stacked on archers. So yeah, tell us the great counterplay? Catapults? Instakill the toon which stands in the catapult, its a pretty nice target for archer assist. gtae? Switch position, problem solved. Even with rupt its possible to kill targets between 2 gtaes.

All you are doing here is giving ridiculous answers to ridicule the topic. Stop acting like clowns.

I like how you equate tactics and smart gameplay to being toxic. I know you'd rather all your enemies run around clueless and oblivious to the game and how to play it. You should take it on as a challenge on how to counter your enemies. Come up with tactics yourself. This is what makes the game fun. Archers are annoying for anyone getting shot not just you. The thing is alb doesn't run efficient archer assists like hib. Mid just wants to run savages and think they'll win.

Hibbies use tactics and smart gameplay and you wanna cry about that.. sorry not a good excuse to nerf a class.

Play any MOBA game.. Watch people use what works vs what doesn't when you get in ranked play. Learn some tactics learn how to have fun learning other play styles and evolving past what's only fun in pve. Also working together as a team in bg is underrated here.. big numbers can only get you so far and hib is adapting after constantly being under attack by both realms and still coming out on top.

Sorry, but there's really no counter for instantly dying. Oh wait, there is.. stop playing. Glad we figured our options out.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Seems illogical to want to nerf individual Rangers because an organized group of RR11 is playing well together.

That is like saying nerf warriors because Flump's group always kills me.

Why shouldn't a group a RR11-12s be able to kill effectively, rangers or not?

Ever been hit by an organized body debuff group? You are stunned by the minst and melted before you can even hit purge, let alone get healed.

If you got places where rangers are in numbers and get killed that is your fault. It is like jumping into shark infested waters during a feeding frenzy and complaining that you got bit. Your choice, your consequences.

Bradekes wrote:
MeatBicycle wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 1:20 PM
you can try to make fun out of us. Thats no problem for me. Use and abuse this tactic/playstyle as long as you want. Toxic behaviour is normal behaviour on phoenix, so i didn't expected anyone to agree with me or to realize that the own class or playstyle is kind of retarded balancewise. You can see that here all the time. You guys are no exception.

The truth is that the archer assist is a plain stupid game mechanic. It is hilarious to almost insta kill people (even buffed fulltanks) without any sort of counterplay. Even the mentioned voideld bolt assist would not be that great because bolts misses quite often and the range from bolts is lower than archer range. Beside you have to see your target to start a cast while the archer can aim without a target and have something like instant damage when a target comes in line of sight.

Furthermore: The debuffnuke is too high as well, but at least you need 2 different classes for that. Thats a nice synergy between multiple classes, while archers are just stacked on archers. So yeah, tell us the great counterplay? Catapults? Instakill the toon which stands in the catapult, its a pretty nice target for archer assist. gtae? Switch position, problem solved. Even with rupt its possible to kill targets between 2 gtaes.

All you are doing here is giving ridiculous answers to ridicule the topic. Stop acting like clowns.

I like how you equate tactics and smart gameplay to being toxic. I know you'd rather all your enemies run around clueless and oblivious to the game and how to play it. You should take it on as a challenge on how to counter your enemies. Come up with tactics yourself. This is what makes the game fun. Archers are annoying for anyone getting shot not just you. The thing is alb doesn't run efficient archer assists like hib. Mid just wants to run savages and think they'll win.

Hibbies use tactics and smart gameplay and you wanna cry about that.. sorry not a good excuse to nerf a class.

Play any MOBA game.. Watch people use what works vs what doesn't when you get in ranked play. Learn some tactics learn how to have fun learning other play styles and evolving past what's only fun in pve. Also working together as a team in bg is underrated here.. big numbers can only get you so far and hib is adapting after constantly being under attack by both realms and still coming out on top.

In my opinion it is highly arrogant to claim that only the Hibs would play tactically and smartly. Say whatever you want. The bow damage is too high. As Inoeth says hardly any archer runs solo anyway and for the Assisttrain the buff was unnecessary. And i'm still waiting for the great counters. Instead, all forum clowns come out and play it down until the thread is closed.

By the way, I only play Midgard and that mostly solo or 8man. So I hardly suffer from the ranger assists, but I find them disgusting whenever i see them. I just wish for a better balance in general, no matter if it affects other classes or my own when it comes to nerfs. But 99% of all players love to be op and getting easy rps.

Horus wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:34 PM
Seems illogical to want to nerf individual Rangers because an organized group of RR11 is playing well together.

That is like saying nerf warriors because Flump's group always kills me.

Why shouldn't a group a RR11-12s be able to kill effectively, rangers or not?

Ever been hit by an organized body debuff group? You are stunned by the minst and melted before you can even hit purge, let alone get healed.

If you got places where rangers are in numbers and get killed that is your fault. It is like jumping into shark infested waters during a feeding frenzy and complaining that you got bit. Your choice, your consequences.

It's not even just rr11's/12's and they're pretty much everywhere. Sure, you could say avoid the task zone where everyone is and find literally no targets for an hour or two. Maybe check out daoc's low resolution scenery while you're at it. But seriously every single time I have found any sort of fight in the past two weeks I get jumped by a stealth group with 4+ rangers/scouts. And most of them are below rr5 and I instantly die. I'm not going to perpetuate the problem by then going to group up on my hunter. Then it's just going to be a never ending cycle and low and behold the minuscule solo play on this server's dead.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

inoeth wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:23 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 29 Oct 2020 3:14 PM
inoeth wrote:

Albs expected tactic

Albs realistic tactic

LOL
show me how alb will run 1 caster+ 1 tank setups now to constantly guard all casters... and even if why not just assist the tank down real quick?

you are either blind or have issues understanding basic game mechanics and this has nothing to do with any "tactic" since it does not require any form of synergy or skill
archers are just too strong atm

the archer patch was done because many complained "i cant kill anything solo" but do you see any archers soloing now? no. they just assist each other from invunerable locations with ridicolous dmg. time to tone down archer dmg to where it used to be. ppl can still assist and kill targets, no need for these high numbers.

Give RC runemasters & void eldritches the same utility as earth wizards and I'm sure you'd see the number of rangers drop.. You literally have stealthing guardbots on alb you can't shoot a stealthed Saracen with 400dex guarding a caster.. try some creativity.. run your own scout assist trains IDK but complaining on forum isn't going to fix your issue.

Return to “RvR”