Question about RvR Group Roles for Main Tanks and Light Tanks

Started 11 Aug 2020
by DinoTriz
in RvR
I like melee. I also like both Main Tanks and Light Tanks, but I want to choose which to play based on their RVR role.

I know Main Tanks usually play the role of "peeler" in RvR groups and Light Tanks play the role of "main assist".

The "peeler" sounds more fun and probably easier? I'd assume a good MA would need to know targets very quickly in order to be good. That sounds like pressure and if I confidently dealt with pressure, I wouldn't hate myself (which I do). I also know very little about the RvR zones, so driving the train as a MA would be a bad idea.

So it sounds like I should play a Main Tank/"peeler", but there's only one per group, which means fewer chances to find a group.

Can someone flip a coin and help me decide what to play?
Tue 11 Aug 2020 4:42 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Peeling is not easy and will get you a lot more hate than picking targets if you're not good at it.

Peelers win, and lose, a lot of fights for their team all by themselves.
Tue 11 Aug 2020 7:11 PM by DinoTriz
Good to know!

Looks like it'll be Savage for me then
Mon 17 Aug 2020 7:18 AM by Sepplord
Also, light tanks are not all MA....only one of them is the MA while everyone else simply assists, which is (on paper) the easiest job in the game, quite a lot of people can't even assist, but in general it really is just following another dude and hitting their target
Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:45 AM by Valaraukar
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 4:42 PM
Peeling is not easy and will get you a lot more hate than picking targets if you're not good at it.

Peelers win, and lose, a lot of fights for their team all by themselves.

This!

The peeler is a key role in a group, usually there is only one so there is no backup or plan b. And you may find yourself trying to peel BOTH your support/caster classes AND your melee light tanks, which is quite crazy, trust me!

If you go with a light tank you have time to learn which target to pick, following a Main Assist, and then become MA yourself.
Mon 17 Aug 2020 10:37 AM by Cadebrennus
If you're a Peeler then learn to use your secondary ranged weapon and /use Dad's very well. Quite often Peelers get hindered/rooted and have to switch to the interrupter role until their CC wears off. Being versatile is the biggest factor in being a Peeler IMO.

Also, don't rely exclusively on Slam. It gives a 45 second stun immunity timer which will almost always be purged. Personally I like to use Numb followed by a long timer hinder style. If they really really need to be stunned for longer then their stun immunity timer is over in 10 seconds allowing them to be re-stunned.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics