Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

imweasel wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:52 PM
Hunters get spear and rangers get CD, greatly increasing their damage output relative to a scout.

Scouts a defensively orientated and no amount of spec in a 1h weapon line is ever going to amount to decent damage...

Hunters do indeed get a spear, tho most that use them run the fastest spear possible which is as low as a 3.9 weaponspeed. This is done to counter the quickness debuff weapons being used along with attack speed reducing styles which make slow weapons take forever to swing. Using a slow 2h spear usually ends up as less dps due to evades and misses, so the uber 2h dps is really only uber looking on paper.

Rangers get CD, but that's a fifth line they need to spec in for it to be of any considerable value. So either they have great melee damage and their ranged dps is weaker than a scout, or they're bow spec like a scout and their melee is just as "bad". Worse actually, since a low melee spec vs a shield spec class won't be able to land very many hits.

TL;DR no class can have it all
Sheelbah 50 hunter, Spyderco fresh 50 SB, Homies 50 support SM, Guzzolene 50 pve Warrior
Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns
Alb Sucks

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 11:02 PM
Completely negating someone's tactic is a counter, regardless of if it allows you to kill your opponent. Yes, running the other way is definitely a counter.

With that silly logic it means that dodging RvR altogether and sticking to pve is also a counter.

An escape or escape mechanism is not a counter. A counter is an ability which allows the player a chance to regain initiative in a fight for a potential win.
Sheelbah 50 hunter, Spyderco fresh 50 SB, Homies 50 support SM, Guzzolene 50 pve Warrior
Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns
Alb Sucks

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 11:09 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 11:02 PM
Completely negating someone's tactic is a counter, regardless of if it allows you to kill your opponent. Yes, running the other way is definitely a counter.

With that silly logic it means that dodging RvR altogether and sticking to pve is also a counter.

An escape or escape mechanism is not a counter. A counter is an ability which allows the player a chance to regain initiative in a fight for a potential win.

I can't even...
Running away is a counter. omg.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Noashakra wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 11:25 PM
daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 11:09 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 11:02 PM
Completely negating someone's tactic is a counter, regardless of if it allows you to kill your opponent. Yes, running the other way is definitely a counter.

With that silly logic it means that dodging RvR altogether and sticking to pve is also a counter.

An escape or escape mechanism is not a counter. A counter is an ability which allows the player a chance to regain initiative in a fight for a potential win.

I can't even...
Running away is a counter. omg.

You literally, like totally can't even?

You say it's a counter, I say it isn't. I explained why I thought it wasn't a counter and you give me.... passive aggressive 14yo speak. Good to see you're consistent in your contributions to a discussion.

Tell me why a broken, spammable CC with no cooldown nor immunity should be left as is and those affected by it need to just suck it up and either die or run away if they can't effectively range interrupt the scout. Not everyone plays a Nightshade like you, where you have spells to counter and vanish to run away if you don't like your progress in the fight.

Engage? sure, until you're OOE and start taking hits, backpedal to distance and the scout simply does a short sprint and then continues to shoot at you. Turn to run and then take more hits which will eventually lead to you being snared from low health. Or more likely your fight gets added because it took too long and either one or both of you get rolled by a small/8man.

Charge interrupt? Sure that works. Once. You're still rooted. And if you wait till they distance and fire a shot you are either A) still rooted, or B) eating a crit shot in damage before you rupt them, and they can simply re-root you and do it again. The posted vid clearly shows this.

I like totally can't even...
Sheelbah 50 hunter, Spyderco fresh 50 SB, Homies 50 support SM, Guzzolene 50 pve Warrior
Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns
Alb Sucks

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Man I am not against you on this, I said it many times, I am all for removing the root from the scout and find other ways to buff the class.
It's just that calling running away a counter is asinine.
I quoted you because I agree with you... Maybe read my other posts on this topic?

I don't know why you get on your high horse.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

I'm all about scouts getting this nice snare off shield style. It makes them much more viable. HOWEVER, there should NEVER be a CC in the game that has no immunity timer. NONE!! If other classes have a snare with no immunity timer on it than those should also be changed. PERIOD! Scouts get shield slam AND a very long 99% snare. There is no reason for the snare not to have an immunity timer on it. Well played scouts should have no issue with having success with those tools. As it stands now, they slam you, you purge, then they snare and either run away or just keep kiting. There is nothing you can do about it. Than you compound that with multiple scouts and it gets even worse.

Again, I'm all about them having that extra skill so people have to either purge the slam OR the snare, but can't purge both and will get hit with one, but there is no reason for no immunity timer.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

There have been a few times I have played in a 8v8 setting against groups that run a scout for peels and let me tell you it is the most frustrating thing you will play against. Scout "snares" you and you never get to move again. Playing any kind of melee against it is pointless as you will not move the entire fight. An anytime 99% snare with no immunity. There is no counterplay available, unless you count standing there with your shortbow out hoping you can interrupt but as I'm sure you know that's not going to cut it. I am not sure they considered this when adding this to the game and the devs should play against it even a single time to understand how bad of a decision this is. At the very least make it a positional or a reactionary so you can play around it and have it require skill to use. =/

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Jakersan wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 2:01 AM
Playing any kind of melee............. is pointless....

FTFY

Just kidding. Melee isn't completely pointless, but they sure do serve as little more than fodder for ranged classes in this game, and always have.

The lack of an immunity timer on the scout snare is one of THE most pants-on-head retarded mental development decisions made on a server that has some surprisingly good features.

The individual that approved the implementation of this decision should be embarassed, ashamed, and barred from making future decisions that impact this server.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

IdiamVonGawaine wrote:
Wed 2 Sep 2020 8:42 PM
Jakersan wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 2:01 AM
Playing any kind of melee............. is pointless....

FTFY

Just kidding. Melee isn't completely pointless, but they sure do serve as little more than fodder for ranged classes in this game, and always have.

The lack of an immunity timer on the scout snare is one of THE most pants-on-head retarded mental development decisions made on a server that has some surprisingly good features.

The individual that approved the implementation of this decision should be embarassed, ashamed, and barred from making future decisions that impact this server.

Heavy

Return to “RvR”