Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

A scout cant kill much with only 1 stun and 1 snare, both on timers. One will be purged so essentially youre giving them one CS. If stop gets nerfed it needs to be a normal anytime snare like garrote but without the high endo cost imo
Holt - r6 Scout
Ghostbear - r6 SB
Vego - r5 Chanter

From the Video section of this forum: “How to 1v1 as a scout. Mine Mine Mine”.

Perfect example of how busted the no immunity root is. The guy literally does it to the same guy over and over then jump shoots on los perfectly emphasizing my point that this is a busted mechanic. He does this every single fight in the video, so it should be evidence to change/remove the ability.

There is no counter play to spammable, anytime, no immunity root. The suggestions from people in comments to run away as a counter..... That isn’t a counter... that is running away because you can’t counter.

To all of those saying it is a snare. No. Read the ability in Charplan “99% snare, Type: Root” just like every other root in the game. For it to be a snare you would need to be able to move at a time reduced rate of speed, which you cannot do until it is wearing off.

Scouts cannot dual wield or use two hander as others have pointed out, but other classes can’t spec shield and slam, numb root. I agree something can be done to bring scouts more in line, but it has to be without this perma root abomination.

Shield is the only special line Scouts get and their 1h melee is abysmal. They can´t even utilize all of their shield line ´cause no Scout wants to be close to melee to block for somebody else - they´d rather spread out to shoot from range and different directions. Unless you want to introduce a new spec line (don´t know if the client can even handle that) or improve existing lines (which buff the other archers as well) their strength can only come from shields and bows, i.e. they need a way to get range (sometimes from a pet too).

All assassins can garrote + disease + snare poison. Plenty of classes can /face and engage. Plenty of classes can start nuking or CC rupting or shooting arrows (if the Scout is running away he won´t block). The number of classes who should have trouble with being rooted for 7 seconds then snared for another 7 seconds while a possibly counter-snared Scout (without any speed boost of some sort) tries to get range is low.

And the killer argument: while the number of Scouts has increased it is still lower than that of many other classes (including other archers and assassins). In other words you´re complaining because there is finally open field encounters with Scouts. While I know the root/snare style can be annoying (because you didn´t get to roflstomp the Scout), so are many other abilities. But it is hardly overpowered when people die to other abilities.

There are some other ways to make the scout more attractive and at the same time make the fight fun for both opponents.

At the moment, for the past two month I died twice 1vs1 vs a scout, one time it was because I didn't disengage and didn't check the timer for my instant dd to rupt, the other time the scout was waiting for me under SL pot and openend with a crit shot and I also didn't disengage from the fight.

I really want to see more scouts solos, and this root doesn't solve a thing.

Cipon wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 12:16 PM
Except maybe 3 or 4 classes everyone can rupt a scout after the root, if u decide to fight always keep an opportunity to rupt and it will be ok.
And they possibly have shield spec?

Tyrlaan wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 2:29 PM
Shield is the only special line Scouts get and their 1h melee is abysmal. They can´t even utilize all of their shield line ´cause no Scout wants to be close to melee to block for somebody else - they´d rather spread out to shoot from range and different directions. Unless you want to introduce a new spec line (don´t know if the client can even handle that) or improve existing lines (which buff the other archers as well) their strength can only come from shields and bows, i.e. they need a way to get range (sometimes from a pet too).

All assassins can garrote + disease + snare poison. Plenty of classes can /face and engage. Plenty of classes can start nuking or CC rupting or shooting arrows (if the Scout is running away he won´t block). The number of classes who should have trouble with being rooted for 7 seconds then snared for another 7 seconds while a possibly counter-snared Scout (without any speed boost of some sort) tries to get range is low.

And the killer argument: while the number of Scouts has increased it is still lower than that of many other classes (including other archers and assassins). In other words you´re complaining because there is finally open field encounters with Scouts. While I know the root/snare style can be annoying (because you didn´t get to roflstomp the Scout), so are many other abilities. But it is hardly overpowered when people die to other abilities.

And from my testing... damage wise you are better off specking higher shield and using it for damage.
Yes it’s endo hungry and no too hit but I think it makes up with increased defense.

I’d like to see scouts get an anytime shield swipe (aoe) hits target and up to two more random within a short distance in frontal arc. This would have a top hit bonus.

Tyrlaan wrote: Shield is the only special line Scouts get and their 1h melee is abysmal. They can´t even utilize all of their shield line ´cause no Scout wants to be close to melee to block for somebody else - they´d rather spread out to shoot from range and different directions. Unless you want to introduce a new spec line (don´t know if the client can even handle that) or improve existing lines (which buff the other archers as well) their strength can only come from shields and bows, i.e. they need a way to get range (sometimes from a pet too).

All these complaints about Scout melee being gimpy. The scout mainhand melee, slash or thrust, is on the exact same damage table as hunters and one table higher than rangers and all three assassins. Just because you chose to spec 29slash or lower and ended up with gimpy melee does not change this fact.

https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Table
Plundrin DaBooty 50 warrior, Sheelbah 50 hunter, Ninguable 50 bubble RM,
Homies BigLoco 50 SM, Upto NoGood 50 SB, Guzzolene 50 Thane, Phalanges 50 BD

Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns, Ningauble 50mentalcase
Alb Sucks

daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:29 PM
Tyrlaan wrote: Shield is the only special line Scouts get and their 1h melee is abysmal. They can´t even utilize all of their shield line ´cause no Scout wants to be close to melee to block for somebody else - they´d rather spread out to shoot from range and different directions. Unless you want to introduce a new spec line (don´t know if the client can even handle that) or improve existing lines (which buff the other archers as well) their strength can only come from shields and bows, i.e. they need a way to get range (sometimes from a pet too).

All these complaints about Scout melee being gimpy. The scout mainhand melee, slash or thrust, is on the exact same damage table as hunters and one table higher than rangers and all three assassins. Just because you chose to spec 29slash or lower and ended up with gimpy melee does not change this fact.

https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Table

Hunters get spear and rangers get CD, greatly increasing their damage output relative to a scout.

Scouts a defensively orientated and no amount of spec in a 1h weapon line is ever going to amount to decent damage...

ughsmash wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 7:13 PM
From the Video section of this forum: “How to 1v1 as a scout. Mine Mine Mine”.

Perfect example of how busted the no immunity root is. The guy literally does it to the same guy over and over then jump shoots on los perfectly emphasizing my point that this is a busted mechanic. He does this every single fight in the video, so it should be evidence to change/remove the ability.

There is no counter play to spammable, anytime, no immunity root. The suggestions from people in comments to run away as a counter..... That isn’t a counter... that is running away because you can’t counter.

To all of those saying it is a snare. No. Read the ability in Charplan “99% snare, Type: Root” just like every other root in the game. For it to be a snare you would need to be able to move at a time reduced rate of speed, which you cannot do until it is wearing off.

Scouts cannot dual wield or use two hander as others have pointed out, but other classes can’t spec shield and slam, numb root. I agree something can be done to bring scouts more in line, but it has to be without this perma root abomination.

Completely negating someone's tactic is a counter, regardless of if it allows you to kill your opponent. Yes, running the other way is definitely a counter.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

Return to “RvR”