Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

even though this style is annoying af, i dont think its op.
any class with some ranged ability or shield can outplay this
only SBs are kind of fked with their short range thrown weapons
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

imweasel wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 10:04 PM
I believe the duration should be cut by up to 50% and/or breakable by any damage.

I also think that scouts melee damage table needs a good bump too...

The "snare" is already broken on damage. That isn't the issue, nor is the duration. The issue is that it can be re-applied immediately. Snare, get some distance, Crit shot and a few RF hits, snare again, distance again, bow shots again, etc. If you have no range to counter you're screwed. I would even go for a cooldown added to the ability like a caster bolt instead of an immunity timer. That would make it so that the current gameplay is still doable, but would take more skill from the scout to accomplish.

Scouts melee is on the exact same damage table as the Ranger and the Hunter, and that's where it needs to stay. When a scout specced 50bow 45 shield and now can't melee very well that's on them. Nobody gets to have it all.
Sheelbah 50 hunter, Spyderco fresh 50 SB, Homies 50 support SM, Guzzolene 50 pve Warrior
Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns
Alb Sucks

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

daytonchambers wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 10:30 PM
The "snare" is already broken on damage. That isn't the issue, nor is the duration. The issue is that it can be re-applied immediately. Snare, get some distance, Crit shot and a few RF hits, snare again, distance again, bow shots again, etc. If you have no range to counter you're screwed. I would even go for a cooldown added to the ability like a caster bolt instead of an immunity timer. That would make it so that the current gameplay is still doable, but would take more skill from the scout to accomplish.

Scouts melee is on the exact same damage table as the Ranger and the Hunter, and that's where it needs to stay. When a scout specced 50bow 45 shield and now can't melee very well that's on them. Nobody gets to have it all.

To be a little more fair, I think you need to add in the fact that scouts don't get a two hander or an offhand weapon (which would cut defense by 25%). As Kwall put it, an assassin still has a very good chance to beat a scout with 30% life even if they are melee spec. I don't get to fight scouts unless I duel them, so I couldn't tell you, but from experience with rangers and going through 2 lifebars as an assassin, I think it's fair to say a scout's melee damage is nowhere near hunter (with a pet) or ranger.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

A, Run away. The kiter almost always comes out on top in this game. Scouts have literally no chase. Every fight you lose to one is by choice.

B. Hold the button down on firing. Depending on spec you will hit roughly the same or for more.

ughsmash wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 2:46 AM
Fight goes like this:
1.) Start fight with Scout
2.) Not rooted, but 99 percent snared, which is a root by "Stop" anytime shield style
3.) PURGE - because I'm dumb and didn't realize there is a spammable hard cc in the game that doesn't give you an immunity timer - "Won't make that mistake again"
4.) I pull bow to shoot him as he runs, but Scout goes over a lip to be out of los
5.) Scout jump shoots with terrain to get a free shot
6.) I get up to Scout - ROOTED AGAIN - sorry not rooted 99 percent snared because no immunity timer
7.) Scout runs over lip to break los so I can't shoot him
8.) Scout jump shoots me
9.) Rinse and repeat because this is an exploitable game loop and there is no immunity to interrupt it

This is a SUPER EXPLOITATIVE gameplay and can be reproduced over and over again. It is not a fluke scenario. I know the DEVS accidentally added this to the game, so should I post this in the bug forums? There is no way this is in the game on purpose. There is plenty of other ways to help the class without introducing a mechanic without counterplay because of unlimited reapplication.
Pollojack FuwaFuwaTime - SB Frostbiter WasterOfDays - Hunter Ttoll - Shaman
Bodyache - NS Lofticries - Ranger Heartsigh - Ani Shuck - Champ Repetition - Eld Asido - Chant
PurgeFTW - Necro Politicalgnome - Minst

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

The Scout snare should have the same snare value of other melee snares (not 99%) OR it should be on a timer so it can only be used once per fight, OR once applied the target gets immunity for a while like other hard CC.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Helwyr wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 2:52 AM
The Scout snare should have the same snare value of other melee snares (not 99%) OR it should be on a timer so it can only be used once per fight, OR once applied the target gets immunity for a while like other hard CC.
I’d say a good fix could be disabling bow for some period of time.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Give the snare a cooldown timer. Sb vanish, hunter and ranger speed burst. You claim your snare is to help the scout survive and to be able to get away then make it like the other stealthers abilities that are on a cooldown reuse timer.

Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

brewtus23 wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:09 AM
Give the snare a cooldown timer. Sb vanish, hunter and ranger speed burst. You claim your snare is to help the scout survive and to be able to get away then make it like the other stealthers abilities that are on a cooldown reuse timer.
All good

Except scouts need something for their offense
The snare was ill conceived

Return to “RvR”