Re: Scouts 99 percent "Snare"

Symptomettes wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 12:23 PM
Phurie wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 5:54 AM
I can't tell if this is a troll or not but I'll try to respond as if you are not trolling...

You ask how this tool is not relative to NF RA system? The shortest purge timer is 5 minutes which is a lot of RA pts. The scout shield style has no timer and gives no immunity. This style is not really 'relative' to anything else in the game. There is nothing in this game that is relative to an anytime 14s 99% snare style that has no immunity.

I only brought up speed class meta to show an obvious point. I would not actually suggest giving bards something to make them solo better. I was making a point that the realms are different and not all comparable classes should be buffed/nerfed to normalize them.

Thank you for recognizing that I know shit about this game. I've played it a lot over the years on most classes/roles, all three realms, solo, smallman, 8v8, zerg, etc. You talk about buffs to Hybrids, but nothing for archers? You may not have known this, but Archery on this server actually got a pretty big buff.

So to show an obvious point i will use your. Actually most hybrid that was buff from the begining with the damage table up / Determination / NF RA are still not fully incorporate into 8v8 Meta, but still they are way better from what they are supposed to be. Why don't you cry about it ? Playing Champ i guess ? NF RA into DAOC OLD MODEL, ofc they will have to adjust things and up/nerf class to make it legit and playable. IT IS NOT DAOC CLASSIC !

Old purge was 14 points with a 30 min timer. Now for 10 points you get purge on a 15 timer. Sure it doesn't impact the only cc scout has... Not at all ! Purge on a lower timer will make the cc less effective in RvR no ?

It has no immunity cause archery damage is not THAT good so it needs 2 or three full kite to kill something most of the time (Thanks IP + HP Boost + 2 pots). So if we remove it they will need to boost our damage to compensate ? And we go back to where we were... Stealth grp/zerg and Archery class that will dominate Keep fights like it was before Volley nerf. Splendid idea no ? I told you to look to the bigger picture instead of just calling for a legit nerf.

You are saying : I was making a point that the realms are different and not all comparable classes should be buffed/nerfed to normalize them : Scout can't melee, doesn't get self buff, but still they need to nerf it for your own good cause in your mind "Scout" wasn't design with that tool ? So why don't you ask GM to remove everything they were doing the last past year and call for a rollback from what daoc is supposed to be before calling a nerf to a specific change no ? You have your own idea of daoc and everyone does, but why do you want to kill a class that isn't much played ?

You litteraly no shit i can tell you, so many things were given to most classes and still you take the only thing that don't impact 8v8 or Zerg meta and call for a nerf. What for ? Just because you can't kill a solo class design. That just prove how silly your request is.

I know damn well that we got a buff. And it was nerf two times after that, but you still give me that crap : pretty big buff. LoL stop the hypocrisy !

There is a huge difference between can't melee and won't melee. A Scout player who doesn't put anything into melee other than Shield should be the one who is blamed, not the class.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 8:30 AM
Parole wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 6:15 AM
I still don't see scouts dominating anything in rvr. nothing. why. does. this thread. exist? Literally.

People are angry that an easy-to-kill class (Archers) is no longer easy to kill.

This is a misrepresentation of the point.

I have watched Lygma kite out 3 melee at once with this style. It is so broken you can take melee out of a fight completely. Scouts almost always get to execute their game-plan, but melee classes never get to execute theirs on the Scout.

I am not saying nerf Scouts to be the punching bag of the game. I am saying THIS STYLE is busted. How are people defending it? Stop is the only anytime hard cc with no immunity timer in the game.

CC break abilities are based off of timers for a reason. The fact that there is no immunity timer makes exploitable game loops.

I do not arbitrarily want Scouts to be bad. This is a horrible argument. I have decided of all the classes in the game the Scout should be the bad one... NO. I play all 3 realms. Currently play Alb the most. I want Stop nerfed because the ability breaks the rules that all hard CC in DAoC follows and it creates exploitable game loops.

If people really think ranged interrupts are a counter to this ability you have not faced one of the good Scouts that abuse the ability. All that is needed is any terrain that can add line of site > Hit Stop > run over terrain > jump shoot > opponent gets to you again > Stop > run back over terrain > jump shoot > opponent gets to you again > Stop > run over terrain > jump shoot

After your first purge you are at he mercy of the Scout. Your option is to blow the Scout up fast and hope Stop does not land, because if the fight gets to where they can land Stop and break distance, your option is to run away or lose. Is this fair?

Unless you're a Berserker, Savage, or BM who loves to solo - I really don't understand why anyone would get angry about this ability.

1) Run the opposite way. Scouts have no way to catch you. The ability literally uses half of his endurance. He can't sprint.

2) The Scout will try to gain distance by turning around and running afterwards. Attack him with ranged.

DinoTriz wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 2:50 PM
Unless you're a Berserker, Savage, or BM who loves to solo - I really don't understand why anyone would get angry about this ability.

1) Run the opposite way. Scouts have no way to catch you. The ability literally uses half of his endurance. He can't sprint.

2) The Scout will try to gain distance by turning around and running afterwards. Attack him with ranged.

It's what I am saying since the start of this topic.
It's not fun
It's useless vs an opponent with half a brain
It doesn't help scouts to win 1vs1
It's only OP when they Zerg 3/4vs2 because melee toons will never reach them long enough to kill them, while their friends kick your butt.

How was this a good idea? A good idea would be to rework the scout melee, by either giving them a bit more points, self buffs, special weapon styles or increasing their damage table. Then it's fun for the scout, and it's fun for the people fighting them.

DinoTriz wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 2:50 PM

Berserkers and BM can't use range weapons?

At Dev‘s,

this thread is going for mir than 6 weeks
What about a statement?
I don’t want to appear pushy but 6+ weeks and 97 comments should be sufficient to say something....anything :-)

Flup, hib

ughsmash wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 2:30 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 8:30 AM
Parole wrote:
Sun 20 Sep 2020 6:15 AM
I still don't see scouts dominating anything in rvr. nothing. why. does. this thread. exist? Literally.

People are angry that an easy-to-kill class (Archers) is no longer easy to kill.

This is a misrepresentation of the point.

I have watched Lygma kite out 3 melee at once with this style. It is so broken you can take melee out of a fight completely. Scouts almost always get to execute their game-plan, but melee classes never get to execute theirs on the Scout.

I am not saying nerf Scouts to be the punching bag of the game. I am saying THIS STYLE is busted. How are people defending it? Stop is the only anytime hard cc with no immunity timer in the game.

CC break abilities are based off of timers for a reason. The fact that there is no immunity timer makes exploitable game loops.

I do not arbitrarily want Scouts to be bad. This is a horrible argument. I have decided of all the classes in the game the Scout should be the bad one... NO. I play all 3 realms. Currently play Alb the most. I want Stop nerfed because the ability breaks the rules that all hard CC in DAoC follows and it creates exploitable game loops.

If people really think ranged interrupts are a counter to this ability you have not faced one of the good Scouts that abuse the ability. All that is needed is any terrain that can add line of site > Hit Stop > run over terrain > jump shoot > opponent gets to you again > Stop > run back over terrain > jump shoot > opponent gets to you again > Stop > run over terrain > jump shoot

After your first purge you are at he mercy of the Scout. Your option is to blow the Scout up fast and hope Stop does not land, because if the fight gets to where they can land Stop and break distance, your option is to run away or lose. Is this fair?

Bingo.
Beavercleaver

Ah these stories. Perhaps try to use Stop on 3 melees (of which a few will likely be parried/evaded/blocked). Then tell me what your endurance bar is at. While melee #1 would be way past the duration already. And then allowing somebody to use terrain against you the way you describe is kinda stupid. Very stupid actually. Just saying. Can Scouts complain about assassins who use every turn around a corner in a bridge fight too?

Return to “RvR”