Re: Saturday Night - USA - Midgard Not 1 Battlegroup going

rampancy wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:26 PM
As a new daoc player, the mid advice channel is the least helpful and most trolly of all 3 realms, so I don't play there. Sure it doesn't resolve your issue, but it might also be putting off other people who might otherwise play there.

Yes true.

Go read the treadh "I get my answers" (or similar title.... ) in mid forum ... the mids admit they are the most toxic realm out there

rampancy wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:26 PM
As a new daoc player, the mid advice channel is the least helpful and most trolly of all 3 realms, so I don't play there. Sure it doesn't resolve your issue, but it might also be putting off other people who might otherwise play there.

And then they tell you it's because the devs are not doing anything for mid...

Dariussdars wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 11:24 PM
In Mid's defense, a lot of the /advice questions are the exact same questions asked every few minutes..

"How should I spec a Skald?"

"Why use hammer?"

"What's best spec for BD?"

All questions that can easily be researched by anyone who isn't completely lazy.

Here's a hot take, turn off advice chat if that really bothers you, that's literally it's intent, ya know, advice? Otherwise, you're just a giant arse yourself, not them.

"It's easy to find this information online. Why would they use an in game tool that easily let's them ask everyone in their realm about a twenty year old mmo and it's obscure changes without documentation? Obviously everything they need to know is on ign or a 15 year old freddys forum post."

Honestly I've played all realms and Mid isn't different than Alb or Hib in terms of chat toxicity. Some people are helpful, some are not, all in relatively similar proportions.

I do wish some people would actually use Google and find info by themselves instead of asking relatively simple questions over and over again, but hey that's society for you.

What I do find, is that on Mid people actually seem to want to pug to form groups, looking for all sorts of classes. On Alb, you can't pug unless you are a cleric or a Minstrel, bottom line. Maybe a peeler once a week.

Return to “RvR”