MAKE KEEP FIGHTS GREAT AGAIN - Info Inside

Started 30 Jul 2020
by jlxscholar
in RvR
If you are in-game right now, and type /rw.... you notice the entire realm of albion is green.

Why? Because its too easy to take keeps. We need changes!

Comment on the below. Enough PvE in the frontier zone.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/suggestions/25211-suggestion-make-keep-fights-great-again
Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:18 PM by Nidd
If they are so easy to take why not retake them?

Fri 31 Jul 2020 4:50 PM by Gildar
Game, set. Match !!!

Nidd u win
Fri 31 Jul 2020 5:40 PM by CowwoC
It's easy to take keeps because Albs are crippled without a BG leader(aka Polemo) and because nobody else is stepping up to defend the keeps or to retake them. It's not because Keeps are taken too easy in general. Actually it is pretty hard to take a keep if there are defenders inside it - unless you outnumber them by a lot.

Mids and also Hibs suffer from that as well if there is no one leading a BG. So the only problem i can see here is, that there are just a few BG leaders and too many toxic people who manage to ruin attempts of people who actually try to organize something in rvr. Hibs have the advantage that they have a few more BG leaders and people tend to follow them as well, not just Pilzpower. Mids on the other hand are a different story. People tried to lead, but somehow Mids struggle way more with keeping the motivation up and playing organized together other than roaming in 1-3 FG's and doing flags or on Blue Sunday. Albs mainly count on Polemo and just a few others actually run a BG lead - so kinda similar to Hibs.

The funny thing is that Hibs still more or less rely on Pilzpower and Albs on Polemo, even if these two persons can be really toxic and childish to the people who follow them as well. So i guess it's hard for new - maybe friendlier - BG leaders to step up, because the people who follow can make it really hard for them to continue and it seems Hibs are struggling less than the other two realms to actually welcome new BG leaders or giving them a chance.

So my vote goes to: MAKE DAOC LESS TOXIC AGAIN
Fri 31 Jul 2020 9:08 PM by Gildar
CowwoC wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 5:40 PM
It's easy to take keeps because Albs are crippled without a BG leader(aka Polemo) and because nobody else is stepping up to defend the keeps or to retake them. It's not because Keeps are taken too easy in general. Actually it is pretty hard to take a keep if there are defenders inside it - unless you outnumber them by a lot.

Mids and also Hibs suffer from that as well if there is no one leading a BG. So the only problem i can see here is, that there are just a few BG leaders and too many toxic people who manage to ruin attempts of people who actually try to organize something in rvr. Hibs have the advantage that they have a few more BG leaders and people tend to follow them as well, not just Pilzpower. Mids on the other hand are a different story. People tried to lead, but somehow Mids struggle way more with keeping the motivation up and playing organized together other than roaming in 1-3 FG's and doing flags or on Blue Sunday. Albs mainly count on Polemo and just a few others actually run a BG lead - so kinda similar to Hibs.

The funny thing is that Hibs still more or less rely on Pilzpower and Albs on Polemo, even if these two persons can be really toxic and childish to the people who follow them as well. So i guess it's hard for new - maybe friendlier - BG leaders to step up, because the people who follow can make it really hard for them to continue and it seems Hibs are struggling less than the other two realms to actually welcome new BG leaders or giving them a chance.

So my vote goes to: MAKE DAOC LESS TOXIC AGAIN

Agree 100%

And you get also my vote : MAKE DAOC LESS TOXIC AGAIN

That's why i choose to run in Gilboom BG, he is a friendly, patient and kind leader.
I'm surprised no one here have a run with him to confirm my opinion ... no one have joined Gilboom BG ?

And i heard many hibs telling he is the best BG leader they have ...

We can have leaders not toxic and a funny game ... but we must have the heart to support only the best leaders and dont follow anyone that spam BG open in /reg

Just my 2 cents
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:06 PM by Nidd
tbh, the only thing I find annoying and unfair about keeps is pets going through doors. that needs to be fix
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:08 PM by tommccartney
There is a direct link between relics owned and realm population.
On top of that It is too easy for players to jump between realms upon login, /rw and jump from the losing squad to the winning side.
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:32 PM by Gildar
tommccartney wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:08 PM
On top of that It is too easy for players to jump between realms upon login, /rw and jump from the losing squad to the winning side.

Agree 100%

Need to reupp the FULL (pvp and pve) realm timer ... maybe 6 or 8 hours ?

I vote yes
Sat 1 Aug 2020 12:12 AM by Helwyr
Gildar wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:32 PM
tommccartney wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:08 PM

Agree 100%

Need to reupp the FULL (pvp and pve) realm timer ... maybe 6 or 8 hours ?

I vote yes

It needs to be way longer than 8 hours, 72 hours would be my minimum to fix the realm jumping. Even as the beneficiary of these fair weather players, I almost want to lose relics just to be rid of the cross-realmers. Another option that would fix the Relic following issue would be to simply block realm switching from a realm with less relics to one with more, would end the bandwagoning and entourage the multi-realm players to fight for the weaker Realms of the moment.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 12:17 AM by Forlornhope
Nidd wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 10:06 PM
tbh, the only thing I find annoying and unfair about keeps is pets going through doors. that needs to be fix

I am not sure they can fix it to be honest. I seem to remember big issues and long threads complaining about it when they were switching to NF. Which ended in them saying they could not do anything about the pets going through walls. I could be mistaken though.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:16 AM by Sepplord
longer realmtimers won't magically make WTJ's fight for the unorganized loosing side, it just makes people even less likely to switch away from a "winning realm" out of fear to being stuck in the losing realm
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics