cabby amber pet stun rate is way higher than it should be

Started 1 Jul 2020
by Bry
in RvR
See title. I was stuned 5x within a 20s window. The stun rate needs to be nerfed to a reasonable level. It shouldn't proc every 3-5s. Fix this. Thank you. Have a nice day.
Wed 1 Jul 2020 10:23 PM by joshisanonymous
Bry wrote:
Wed 1 Jul 2020 8:29 PM
See title. I was stuned 5x within a 20s window. The stun rate needs to be nerfed to a reasonable level. It shouldn't proc every 3-5s. Fix this. Thank you. Have a nice day.

You should do a real test if you think it's off. Reason being, even if the proc rate were set to something tiny like 1%, it would still be possible to get stunned 5 times in 20 seconds, it just wouldn't happen all the time.

I don't know what the rate is supposed to be, but it should be easy to test. Make a cabby, have your pet attack a test dummy some 1000 times or so, and tally up how many stun procs went off.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:30 PM by Tyrlaan
Sounds like somebody whining about anything Alb, just judging from the post record. I even considered LOL as the only appropriate response to Bry´s posts.

The stun proc is the same like on SM pets and druids pets. If you can´t outrun or CC the pet before it starts proccing, you must be mucho bad.

You might just see more amber pets now though with the nerf to pet casting. Which hasn´t actually helped Cabalists at all.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:45 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Tyrlaan wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:30 PM
The stun proc is the same like on SM pets and druids pets. If you can´t outrun or CC the pet before it starts proccing, you must be mucho bad.

You start by saying the person is biased against Alb and then pretend that the melee stun of druid pets and SM pets is the same as the range casted stun of Cabby pets. Either be objective or don't, but please stop pretending to be if you're not.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:58 PM by gruenesschaf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:45 PM
You start by saying the person is biased against Alb and then pretend that the melee stun of druid pets and SM pets is the same as the range casted stun of Cabby pets. Either be objective or don't, but please stop pretending to be if you're not.

It's the weird kind of pet stun, all 3 are instant cast stuns that do not give immunity. Theurgist air pet stun is also the same type but that one has a higher range.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 10:08 PM by joshisanonymous
Tyrlaan wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:30 PM
Sounds like somebody whining about anything Alb, just judging from the post record. I even considered LOL as the only appropriate response to Bry´s posts.

You might just see more amber pets now though with the nerf to pet casting. Which hasn´t actually helped Cabalists at all.

To be fair, you can outrun SM and druid pets, but not 99% of cabby pets, because they typically be specced high enough in spirit to get the pet run speed buff.
Thu 2 Jul 2020 11:36 PM by Tyrlaan
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 2 Jul 2020 9:45 PM

All these stun procs are the same, they are on melee pets with a melee proc that can proc at range well before melee range. Have you even played Druids or SMs? Or a Cabby, calling it a "range casted stun". Because it´s everything but "casted"...
Sun 5 Jul 2020 4:43 PM by Siouxsie
Bry wrote:
Wed 1 Jul 2020 8:29 PM

Also need stun immunity for stuns on both caby and theurg pets. The fact that you can be chain stunned is utterly ridiculous and overpowered.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 1:12 AM by joshisanonymous
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 4:43 PM
Also need stun immunity for stuns on both caby and theurg pets. The fact that you can be chain stunned is utterly ridiculous and overpowered.

These are 3 second stuns that are affected by resists and det and can't go off more than once every 2 seconds for the cabby or every 1.5 seconds for the theurg, and you wanna add stun immunity on top of that? Not to mention that, in 8v8 situations, this would make these pets literally useless.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics