Re: PvP Zone

Helwyr wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 2:39 AM
The real answer for these PvP zones, if they're being kept at all, is to have entirely separate character advancement for them. so you no longer earn Realm Points in the PvP zone, and instead get PvP points or Arena Points or w/e you want to call them. Someone who is RR10 in the real game is rank 1 in the PvP zone when they first go there and likewise someone who only spends time in the PvP zone will be RR1 in the real game.


Sounds like a lot of extra work for the devs, but I like it ... assuming they insist on keeping the player base segregated by playstyle.
Grymneheals - 6L7 Healer | Grymnerune - 5L0 RM | Grymnezerk - 4L6 Zerk | Grymnestorm - 4L4 Thane | Grymne - 4L3 Skald Grymnesham - 4L3 Sham | Grymnebone - 3L0 BD | Grymnepeel - 2L6 War | Grymnespirit - 2L5 SM | Grymneclaw - 2L3 Sav

Re: PvP Zone

My thoughts on this are the same as what I posted in a related thread:

Continue to ban duel circles.
Keep ToA solo pvp zone for periodic events only
Get solos back into frontiers.
Return solo zone telporters without death requirement.
Reduce RP gain in trelle/mord castle/folley lake by 50%.
Adjust the 50% reduction on a month by month basis depending on adherence to no duelling circle rules.

Re: PvP Zone

Agree, the ToA pvp zone would work best as an event.

Separate points on the NF solo area:
A 50% RP reduction in solo area would make it unused and desperate duelers would use the port the find a place a short run away from area to fight.

Better than this just add some interesting rule sets:
1. A small (~20%) RP incentive to kills within 1min 30s of you porting into solo area. Then normal RPs within 5min. Then a 20% reduction after that. This I believe would end the hanging/running around duel fest and cause chaos.
Or
2. Add mini task events.... capture flags, weather storm, raging buff.

Re: PvP Zone

I personally think that they should introduce those player crafted barges from ToA. The ones that you can like stand on and drive via groundtargets. Then we can have massive battles out in the waters on boats, be pirates and shit.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

Re: PvP Zone

I look at it this way. The pvp zone is unhealthy for the server's long term health. Solos are at the bottom of the food chain in RvR. When you take away the bottom of the food chain it has a ripple effect through the rest of it.

Action has been sparse the last week and it really has killed the small man action in the Frontier.

I support trying to accommodate the solo player base, but they create most of their own problems for themselves. Maybe bring back solo teleport and Trellebourg? At least they are now in the Frontier and subject to being ganked liked everyone else. Taking action out of the frontier is not good by any means.

Re: PvP Zone

choopak wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 3:27 PM
I look at it this way. The pvp zone is unhealthy for the server's long term health. Solos are at the bottom of the food chain in RvR. When you take away the bottom of the food chain it has a ripple effect through the rest of it.

Action has been sparse the last week and it really has killed the small man action in the Frontier.

I support trying to accommodate the solo player base, but they create most of their own problems for themselves. Maybe bring back solo teleport and Trellebourg? At least they are now in the Frontier and subject to being ganked liked everyone else. Taking action out of the frontier is not good by any means.

Not sure I would call it taking action out of the frontier. 8 mans killing solo's or small mans killing solo's isn't action. Its RP farming.

There are a lot of unhealthy things for the server long term (8 mans letting other realms kill their realm mates for the sake of /fairfight, etc.). Why do we have to cater to the 8 man's and small man's desire for easy RP's when that is unhealthy for the solo long term viability?

Why do solo's need to be the bottom of the food chain? You said it yourself, small man action in the frontier has become sparse. Welcome to the solo action for the last 4+ months. You are now the bottom of the food chain and it has a tendency to suck. The server has started eating itself alive and you are worried about your action, when solo's have been leaving in masses because of the toxic play styles. Give the solo community something worth going out into the frontier, without getting mowed down by larger numbers constantly, and they will come.

Re: PvP Zone

Amser wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:35 PM
choopak wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 3:27 PM
I look at it this way. The pvp zone is unhealthy for the server's long term health. Solos are at the bottom of the food chain in RvR. When you take away the bottom of the food chain it has a ripple effect through the rest of it.

Action has been sparse the last week and it really has killed the small man action in the Frontier.

I support trying to accommodate the solo player base, but they create most of their own problems for themselves. Maybe bring back solo teleport and Trellebourg? At least they are now in the Frontier and subject to being ganked liked everyone else. Taking action out of the frontier is not good by any means.

Not sure I would call it taking action out of the frontier. 8 mans killing solo's or small mans killing solo's isn't action. Its RP farming.

There are a lot of unhealthy things for the server long term (8 mans letting other realms kill their realm mates for the sake of /fairfight, etc.). Why do we have to cater to the 8 man's and small man's desire for easy RP's when that is unhealthy for the solo long term viability?

Why do solo's need to be the bottom of the food chain? You said it yourself, small man action in the frontier has become sparse. Welcome to the solo action for the last 4+ months. You are now the bottom of the food chain and it has a tendency to suck. The server has started eating itself alive and you are worried about your action, when solo's have been leaving in masses because of the toxic play styles. Give the solo community something worth going out into the frontier, without getting mowed down by larger numbers constantly, and they will come.

You completely missed the point bud.

Re: PvP Zone

choopak wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:52 PM
Amser wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:35 PM
choopak wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 3:27 PM
I look at it this way. The pvp zone is unhealthy for the server's long term health. Solos are at the bottom of the food chain in RvR. When you take away the bottom of the food chain it has a ripple effect through the rest of it.

Action has been sparse the last week and it really has killed the small man action in the Frontier.

I support trying to accommodate the solo player base, but they create most of their own problems for themselves. Maybe bring back solo teleport and Trellebourg? At least they are now in the Frontier and subject to being ganked liked everyone else. Taking action out of the frontier is not good by any means.

Not sure I would call it taking action out of the frontier. 8 mans killing solo's or small mans killing solo's isn't action. Its RP farming.

There are a lot of unhealthy things for the server long term (8 mans letting other realms kill their realm mates for the sake of /fairfight, etc.). Why do we have to cater to the 8 man's and small man's desire for easy RP's when that is unhealthy for the solo long term viability?

Why do solo's need to be the bottom of the food chain? You said it yourself, small man action in the frontier has become sparse. Welcome to the solo action for the last 4+ months. You are now the bottom of the food chain and it has a tendency to suck. The server has started eating itself alive and you are worried about your action, when solo's have been leaving in masses because of the toxic play styles. Give the solo community something worth going out into the frontier, without getting mowed down by larger numbers constantly, and they will come.

You completely missed the point bud.
Care to explain then?

You complained about a smaller bottom (solo) food chain because of ripple effect. - that has been happening a lot longer then just recently, largely in regards to 8 mans/small mans play style.

Complained further about small man action. - Again, solo's want real action, not getting ran over by small man +. Why do you think the pvp/1v1 "arenas" are so popular with the solo crowd.

You say you support solo players, but then blame their problems on themselves. (I can't speak for everyone, so take this as is) All they want is to be able to start a fight, and finish a fight on a semi regular basis without getting ran over by a mass numbers. Key here is semi regular basis. Getting ran over by larger numbers infrequently isn't an issue. It is a problem when that is all that happens.

Re: PvP Zone

Amser wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 9:50 PM
choopak wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:52 PM
Amser wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:35 PM
Not sure I would call it taking action out of the frontier. 8 mans killing solo's or small mans killing solo's isn't action. Its RP farming.

There are a lot of unhealthy things for the server long term (8 mans letting other realms kill their realm mates for the sake of /fairfight, etc.). Why do we have to cater to the 8 man's and small man's desire for easy RP's when that is unhealthy for the solo long term viability?

Why do solo's need to be the bottom of the food chain? You said it yourself, small man action in the frontier has become sparse. Welcome to the solo action for the last 4+ months. You are now the bottom of the food chain and it has a tendency to suck. The server has started eating itself alive and you are worried about your action, when solo's have been leaving in masses because of the toxic play styles. Give the solo community something worth going out into the frontier, without getting mowed down by larger numbers constantly, and they will come.

You completely missed the point bud.
Care to explain then?

You complained about a smaller bottom (solo) food chain because of ripple effect. - that has been happening a lot longer then just recently, largely in regards to 8 mans/small mans play style.

Complained further about small man action. - Again, solo's want real action, not getting ran over by small man +. Why do you think the pvp/1v1 "arenas" are so popular with the solo crowd.

You say you support solo players, but then blame their problems on themselves. All they want is to be able to start a fight, and finish a fight on a semi regular basis without getting ran over by a mass numbers.

This game was designed with all forms of RvR taking place in the Frontier. No other segment gets a "special zone". Your preferred play style is inherently risky in how the game was designed. Dying and getting ran over is a consequence of being a solo player.

You are clearly in the solo mindset so any effort to reason with you is futile, so I will not engage with you further.