Solo Teleporter is exactly what the solo game shouldn't be

Started 22 Jun 2020
by Zirc
in RvR
1. It gives a free port to places that normally take a walk to a dock + a boat ride + a run. This free port takes away action from these travel areas

2. It's spoon-feeding RP to classes that can participate. How much RP would a warrior get if he went solo'ing out in the frontier? Not much. Put him in an area where people deem it "against the rules" to do anything but have a clean fight and suddenly he's able to rake it in.

3. And if you die, you simply release and port back in literally 60 seconds. You can go back to trading RP with your other dueling buddies while everyone else sits around and does the same.

If you think I'm against solo'ing, you're wrong. I want there to be a solo scene, and I love solo'ing myself. But this is just RP farming. It could easily be solved by having a solo arena instance and either removing or drastically reducing RP gain in that instance.

Honestly, the current implementation is a fun experiment, but when people can port to Trellebourg and get 15k/hour without worrying about fighting a class they don't want to fight, it simply isn't DAoC any more.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 12:45 AM by Jingo NZ
The creation of a duel-only spot in Trelle is not ideal for overall rvr health. I am an advocate of the insta port for getting to task zones and docks etc.

I wonder if devs could double / triple / quadruple the area that you get randomly ported to. This might make for more spontaneous fights?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:24 AM by Ibs
Zirc wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 12:18 AM
1. It gives a free port to places that normally take a walk to a dock + a boat ride + a run. This free port takes away action from these travel areas

2. It's spoon-feeding RP to classes that can participate. How much RP would a warrior get if he went solo'ing out in the frontier? Not much. Put him in an area where people deem it "against the rules" to do anything but have a clean fight and suddenly he's able to rake it in.

3. And if you die, you simply release and port back in literally 60 seconds. You can go back to trading RP with your other dueling buddies while everyone else sits around and does the same.

If you think I'm against solo'ing, you're wrong. I want there to be a solo scene, and I love solo'ing myself. But this is just RP farming. It could easily be solved by having a solo arena instance and either removing or drastically reducing RP gain in that instance.

Honestly, the current implementation is a fun experiment, but when people can port to Trellebourg and get 15k/hour without worrying about fighting a class they don't want to fight, it simply isn't DAoC any more.

gvg with their bs /commands that give them a win even when they lose, I sleep..

Solo has a spot they can easily port to and fight in an OPEN RVR ZONE where any group can come kill us still.. OMG RP FARMING PLEASE PHOENIX STAFF STOP THE MADNESS!!!
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:42 AM by Zirc
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:24 AM

Solo has a spot they can easily port to and fight in an OPEN RVR ZONE where any group can come kill us still.. OMG RP FARMING PLEASE PHOENIX STAFF STOP THE MADNESS!!!

I don't know what the first sentence means honestly, so I'll ignore that.

But the second part is exactly my point: solo has a spot they can easily port to in ANY of the three realms. And you only have to wait in the safety of your relic camp for 1 minute before you can do it again after you die.

The point isn't that I'm against the FUN of solo'ing and dueling. The main things I'm against are:

1. How easy it is for solo'ers to bypass the whole traveling part of the game. You know, the part that adds danger for soloers.

2. Just how easy it is to gain RP. /stats some people that are doing the Trellebourg RP farm and you'll see 20k/hr. It should never be that safe and easy to get 20k/hr as a solo warrior/hero/armsman while enemies sit around and cheer you on. It's straight up RP farming.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:44 AM by gotwqqd
Put the teleporter at each dock
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:51 AM by Ibs
Zirc wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:42 AM
Ibs wrote:

But the second part is exactly my point: solo has a spot they can easily port to in ANY of the three realms. And you only have to wait in the safety of your relic camp for 1 minute before you can do it again after you die.

The point isn't that I'm against the FUN of solo'ing and dueling. The main things I'm against are:

1. How easy it is for solo'ers to bypass the whole traveling part of the game. You know, the part that adds danger for soloers.

2. Just how easy it is to gain RP. /stats some people that are doing the Trellebourg RP farm and you'll see 20k/hr. It should never be that safe and easy to get 20k/hr as a solo warrior/hero/armsman while enemies sit around and cheer you on. It's straight up RP farming.
8 mans and I believe small mans can /fairfight and everyone on both sides individually gets 1k rps win or lose. Both group leaders have to "accept that it was a fair fight"with a slash command.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:46 AM by Thaloria
Zirc wrote:

These are valid points.
The risk should always line up with the potential reward.
With the porting changes the risk has been reduced significantly, while the reward stayed the same.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:59 AM by shintacki
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:51 AM
Zirc wrote:
Ibs wrote:

8 mans and I believe small mans can /fairfight and everyone on both sides individually gets 1k rps win or lose. Both group leaders have to "accept that it was a fair fight"with a slash command.

God I wish smallmans got 1k rps, or any rps at all from the fairfight command. But I’d settle for other smallmans even using the command in first place
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:28 AM by Jingo NZ
If there is a perceived dueling "problem" that persists after another week or so, here's an idea:

50% reduction in rps earned in the solo zone except for 5 mins after you have used a teleporter.

Plus massively increase the size of the drop zone.

Then it will encourage moving around (to other zones or roaming between the three solo zones). Would also be a disencentive for groups hitting the solo zones since they can't avoid the 50% rp reduction.

This regime would also benefit from a second teleporter per zone that is in a more open location.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:35 AM by chois
For me the problem is solo zone it s now a duel zone, was not the goal. We want a hunting zone for solo and not a knight duel.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:45 AM by inoeth
what i read here is: mimimi we cant chain farm solos anymore with our 8+ ppl archer gank squad
seriously guys, you are ridicolous.
when i read "there should be a higher risk for the reward" makes me laugh, where is the risk running in a zerg and farm solos? right there is no risk at all, still the reward is ridicolously high.
and btw come to the solo zone and try to duel anyone there, you garbage zergers will just die there, because you are just bad players.
go find other bad players or doors and fight them! let us be and stop crying about "lesser action" again this is laughable.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:59 AM by lolhisup
As far as the dueling thing, I don't really care.

I do enjoy the solo teleporter though, it makes getting around for the task easier since outside of prime time I just play solo.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:14 AM by Noashakra
The tp is not the problem. The people dueling are. Some people respec skills and realm just for this. (Why waste points in stealth if people don't accept to be PA).

It would be so much fun if people were roaming around, not sitting down for 15mn to wait for IP5 to be up to challenge people with lower rr than they are.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:17 AM by evert
inoeth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:45 AM
what i read here is: mimimi we cant chain farm solos anymore with our 8+ ppl archer gank squad
seriously guys, you are ridicolous.
when i read "there should be a higher risk for the reward" makes me laugh, where is the risk running in a zerg and farm solos? right there is no risk at all, still the reward is ridicolously high.
and btw come to the solo zone and try to duel anyone there, you garbage zergers will just die there, because you are just bad players.
go find other bad players or doors and fight them! let us be and stop crying about "lesser action" again this is laughable.

I think everyone posting in this thread is a soloer. I am at least and I agree with all the points. The problem is not having 1v1 fights, it's the lack of movement and spontaneity, the silly /bowing stuff and the fact that the highest rps/h in the game can be made by soloers with no downtime and no risk.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:46 AM by Ibs
So what's the problem with any of these points you guys are bringing up? Seriously.

It's rp farming
Yes, it's rvr genius. You have to win your duels to "farm" and no one out there wants to lose. You'll commonly see precharged ablatives and double heals, and any interesting strategy to win.

BuT mUH DaOc FeEl
Again, I invite you to read up on the gvg mechanic, it's incredibly "undaoc", so are the endless qol and custom changes, such as charge item nerf, scout shield snare Phoenix feathers etc. This server is already undaoc. Your point?

Let the market speak. Do a poll/vote and see how many lone enforcers want to go back to the exhilarating game of "where is parole and his band of morons at?". I'd bet all my plat the real soloers might not think the solo zone is the best answer, but it's infinitely better than playing dodge the stealth groups.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:28 AM by Lilou07
This Trellbourg thing as become way past ridiculous...

Dueling is not soloing!

Soloing is about findings fights, mouvement, using terrain, create favorable inc and using everytool you can have at disposable on a given situation.
Of course no one like to get add on a 1vs1, or have a grp come to leech 10 rp on your fight but well, but sometime 1vs2 are fun, or 1 add + 1 add make a nice fight overall.

Now we got ppl sitting all day long @Trell Rp farming with no risk @all, instant TP, picking up there fight. There is the PvP zone for that!
and they even cry when a grp pass by and kill them lol, is this serious ?
And of course ppl over there come with only the best 1vs1 class for easy win, waiting and optimizing there RA (ofc why got deter to fight stealth and melee only or Ra usefull in solo / small but not in /duel)
Also you have to take into account that some class can do well in open area but not in a /duel configuration.
Is not normal that this way of playing can put you up @ 20kRp/hour or more (even when you don't win much because of the huge task you get).

if you want duel => /duel or go PvP Zone.

Overall the solo Tp is a nice QoL for soloing, it would be sad to watch it goes, but i rather have no TP than watch this Crap shit of sitting and dueling.
This kind of /dueling behaviour must be forbiden and ban. maybe a larger solo zone where you can engage in open area would help solve this.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:36 AM by Cadebrennus
Duelling is not soloing. Period. Full stop.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:47 AM by inoeth
actually duelling is soloing, to be precise duelling is an element of soloing.
and yeah i am also not a huge fan of duelling all day but from time to time is like it. but pretending that the 20 ppl at trellebourg are a threat to normal rvr is beyond ridicolous.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:56 AM by Ibs
Lilou07 wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:28 AM

Dueling is not soloing!

Soloing is about findings fights, mouvement, using terrain, create favorable inc and using everytool you can have at disposable on a given situation.
Of course no one like to get add on a 1vs1, or have a grp come to leech 10 rp on your fight but well, but sometime 1vs2 are fun, or 1 add + 1 add make a nice fight overall.

Now we got ppl sitting all day long @Trell Rp farming with no risk @all, instant TP, picking up there fight. There is the PvP zone for that!
And of course ppl over there come with only the best 1vs1 class for easy win, waiting and optimizing there RA (ofc why got deter to fight stealth and melee only or Ra usefull in solo / small but not in /duel)
Also you have to take into account that some class can do well in open area but not in a /duel configuration.
Is not normal that this way of playing can put you up @ 20kRp/hour or more (even when you don't win much because of the huge task you get).

Overall the solo Tp is a nice QoL for soloing, it would be sad to watch it goes, but i rather have no TP than watch this Crap shit of sitting and dueling.
This kind of /dueling behaviour must be forbiden and ban. maybe a larger solo zone where you can engage in open area would help solve this.
There is no pvp zone you dingus, people like you complained and they made it a 5 man (minimum) death match and no one is there. Why do you think they added this solo port to begin with? I swear some of you are very obtuse and myopic.
Again where's the outrage for gvg /command rp farming ?The discord arranged fights? The stealth groups that are a legitimate bane to the solo population? The /gvg list that straight up tells where the enemy is (omg radar ban everyone!!1... Morons.)

Also lol at people calling us out for not being soloers for dueling.. cue navy seal meme, stop smelling your own farts so much and come try and win a fight against these "Farmers".
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:06 AM by Thaloria
The questions becomes rather this:
Is it the intention of the Devs, to have this solo-teleport and the zones to be used for the dueling purpose we are currently seeing? They actively prohibited the same behavior in the pvp-zone.

If the answer is No, it is not as intended, then I am sure they will monitor it closely and take actions if needed.
If the answer is Yes, this is as intended, then their stance is clear and no further dev actions are needed.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:21 AM by Ibs
Thaloria wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:06 AM
Is it the intention of the Devs, to have this solo-teleport and the zones to be used for the dueling purpose we are currently seeing? They actively prohibited the same behavior in the pvp-zone.

If the answer is No, it is not as intended, then I am sure they will monitor it closely and take actions if needed.
If the answer is Yes, this is as intended, then their stance is clear and no further dev actions are needed.

Well comparing it to the solo zone that no longer exists in that form is a moot point. How many times do I have to say this... the obscene illegal bannable duel fest is in the frontiers you can bring groups there and slaughter everyone who isn't on your side. This isn't a place where you have to be solo to enter, I don't know wtf you guys are envisioning, and have no clue why you guys have such a BDSM fetish against soloers.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:51 AM by Lilou07
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:56 AM
Lilou07 wrote:

Dueling is not soloing!

There is no pvp zone you dingus, people like you complained and they made it a 5 man (minimum) death match and no one is there. Why do you think they added this solo port to begin with? I swear some of you are very obtuse and myopic.
Again where's the outrage for gvg /command rp farming ?The discord arranged fights? The stealth groups that are a legitimate bane to the solo population? The /gvg list that straight up tells where the enemy is (omg radar ban everyone!!1... Morons.)

Also lol at people calling us out for not being soloers for dueling.. cue navy seal meme, stop smelling your own farts so much and come try and win a fight against these "Farmers".

Well you are mistaken,

The first day of PvP zone was one of the best experience of soloing in this game, and then the duel begin....
The GvG list thing is the same as the fairfight list (maybe you can claim a fairfight 1vs1 to get more rp why not ?) but you will never see grp of 8 sitting around and /dueling each other lol.

Fyi, I got no trouble winning fight over there don't worry i tried (and it's easier than in other place where you have to manage way more parameters).
And yeah it's f*cking good RP but it's still something I'am strongly against.
But maybe you're right, if it's the Dev's will to transform soloing into dueling (wich btw was always prohibited) well I will adapte too this new boring way of play, but for me that would be a terrible thing for the game.

Or maybe i will follow your other advice and come in FG take the free rp until dueling is not a thing anymore
Mon 22 Jun 2020 11:34 AM by Blitze
They need to incentivise chaos.

A variety of quirky little 15 min solo zone tasks (make every con red) would do this and encourage other non dueling classes to come.

I’d love to pop into the solo zone and see 1v1s, 1v2s, 1v1v1s
Mon 22 Jun 2020 11:50 AM by necrolove1
I much prefered the 5-10man Free for all, if only there were a way to queue up from anywhere.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 1:31 PM by Hypno
/bow

/curtsey

/beckon

/puke
Mon 22 Jun 2020 1:50 PM by DarkDavion
Jingo land a good idea. For incentive chaos just put 100% RP reward if u kill in the first 2min( or a time that should consider right) and every 2min! If u stay longer than 2 min without kill u got only 20% RP in the solo zone. In this way all will Inc asap and no duel fest, if the zone is empty u will just move away. For me this will work
Mon 22 Jun 2020 1:51 PM by fail
Thaloria wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:06 AM

I think the devs want you to act like grown ups on a 20 year old game, and stop complaining every time a change is made on this server, and dont wait for devs to point a way on the map where you can find fun (or rps for most).

What the point of this thread? OP complain about what? A warrior could get more rps in the solo area than getting ganked at every dock/bridge?

I still dont understand why people try to separate solo and duel, solo = duel, every player who does not agree with this consider that solo is to go on a dock/bridge and add everything, but its ok as he is not grped... No, you are just another zerger/coastguard.

But, what about the area itself, well 2 soloboi TP in the area, they start a fight, a third soloboi TP in the area, he see the duel, what does he do? Add like a retard trash like he is on every dock/bridge? Or he has a brain, and understand that add is a nono for a soloboi, so he wait for the duel to end, and boom magic, in 1 hour, your solo area is now a duel area, because the 20-30 ppl there, have a brain.

About damage to the fz population, come on its 50 players if i add Eu+Us prime time... Still it will be less solo for zergers/coastguard to gank... sad.

And about ppl who respec especially for the duel area, welcome to daoc when after 20 years, people optimise their RA for their gamestyle. And yes, for somes class it will be easy to win every fight, im always 100% salty when i get reckt by a champ or a merc, with their purge/ip/dt/ts/whatever, but its basic daoc.

About noah, i encounter several stealther on my inf, and yes i saw some who start duel without stealth, for my duels, i simply go to the side of the area, with my opponent and i duel there, and so far, only one NS did not follow me, all the others did follow me and duel stealthed.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:16 PM by Blitze
All duels are Solo
But not all Solo is a duel.

I much prefer the chaos of random fights mixed with uneven odds, and loved the first day of the pvp zone. Duelling is not DAoC or RvR in my opinion, however, as a solo character I find it a decent way to spend 20mins and get cheap thrills.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:33 PM by ExcretusMaximus
As long as solo duelers can outfarm any group or zerg, it's a broken mechanic and should be abused by the soloers ... who should also have their farming broken up by any and all groups willing to do it. The devs have said they expect groups to break up the dueling and give it its "danger" since it's in the frontier. So if you've got a problem with the "soloers" making more RP/hour than anyone else in the game, get out there with your full group and roll them. Repeatedly. Until they log.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:45 PM by Thaloria
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:33 PM
..... The devs have said they expect groups to break up the dueling and give it its "danger" since it's in the frontier. ......

I must have missed that statement. Do you have a link by any chance?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 3:01 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Thaloria wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 2:45 PM
I must have missed that statement. Do you have a link by any chance?

https://discordapp.com/channels/418703317212987392/464922066588794881/724354855170211912
Mon 22 Jun 2020 3:59 PM by inoeth
Lilou07 wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:51 AM
Ibs wrote:
Lilou07 wrote:

Dueling is not soloing!

Well you are mistaken,

The first day of PvP zone was one of the best experience of soloing in this game, and then the duel begin....
The GvG list thing is the same as the fairfight list (maybe you can claim a fairfight 1vs1 to get more rp why not ?) but you will never see grp of 8 sitting around and /dueling each other lol.

Fyi, I got no trouble winning fight over there don't worry i tried (and it's easier than in other place where you have to manage way more parameters).
But maybe you're right, if it's the Dev's will to transform soloing into dueling (wich btw was always prohibited) well I will adapte too this new boring way of play, but for me that would be a terrible thing for the game.

Or maybe i will follow your other advice and come in FG take the free rp until dueling is not a thing anymore

dont go there if you dont like it and stop complaining.... easy fix
Mon 22 Jun 2020 4:59 PM by Adwaenyth
inoeth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 3:59 PM

No it's not.

Besides the worst zergs now suddenly are "respectable" 1v1 players when in the zone and don't give a rats a** when outside.

Hipocracy at its finest, that's what this dueling zone is.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:11 PM by Noashakra
Yeah it's ridiculous to see all those zergers adders red is dead people now jumping on you because you didn't /bow and started a fight when they were full life.

It's rich.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:19 PM by Quik
I just love the hypocrisy of everything.

Solo'ers want a safe spot to solo and still get all their bonuses and solo ports allow this to happen.

Now if a lowbie XP group asked for a solo port to a safe spot to XP in the frontiers EVERY soloer here would be whining that the frontiers are meant to be dangerous and if you want the rewards of the frontiers you have to deal with the dangers of frontiers.

I would love to hear from a GM exactly why soloers now get favoritism and xp'ers are told they should go somewhere else if they don't like the chance of dying while running around looking for an xp spot.

Or at least put an rvr tick back in if an xp group is killed in frontiers.

Maybe someday we'll stop with the blatant favoritism that happens so often now. The game was so much more fair to everyone the first year of play and has gone into a non stop slide of constantly changing who gets the next big boost because they whined the hardest...
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:35 PM by kratoxin
Just roll through Trelle with FG's it's like free rps on a table keep doing that and they will just go somewhere else!
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:43 PM by Adwaenyth
kratoxin wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:35 PM
Just roll through Trelle with FG's it's like free rps on a table keep doing that and they will just go somewhere else!

I don't even think that 1 group will be enough there... too many people doing that shit. Need probably 2 fg at least, especially since everyone there will break cc on at least one other faction... even your own faction will break cc on their pseudo duelling friends.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:51 PM by inoeth
Adwaenyth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 4:59 PM
inoeth wrote:

No it's not.

Besides the worst zergs now suddenly are "respectable" 1v1 players when in the zone and don't give a rats a** when outside.

i dont want to defend zergers here, but actually if they come to the bright side... let them, maybe they "taste blood" and stay.
why do you think that is a problem?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:53 PM by Adwaenyth
inoeth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:51 PM
Adwaenyth wrote:
inoeth wrote:

No it's not.

i dont want to defend zergers here, but actually if they come to the bright side... let them, maybe they "taste blood" and stay.

Yeah great, now they've zerged their RR11 and have a huge advantage over everyone low RR...
Mon 22 Jun 2020 6:00 PM by inoeth
Adwaenyth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:53 PM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:51 PM
Adwaenyth wrote:
No it's not.

Yeah great, now they've zerged their RR11 and have a huge advantage over everyone low RR...

you also have that in normal rvr, that was always an issue in daoc....
Mon 22 Jun 2020 6:07 PM by Adwaenyth
inoeth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 6:00 PM

Yeah, but risk / reward is waaaaay out of proportion the way it is handled there now... literally no risk for all the reward.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 6:25 PM by kratoxin
Adwaenyth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:43 PM
kratoxin wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 5:35 PM

I don't even think that 1 group will be enough there... too many people doing that shit. Need probably 2 fg at least, especially since everyone there will break cc on at least one other faction... even your own faction will break cc on their pseudo duelling friends.

Incorrect, Legacy on mid rolls over trelle constantly lol we did it last night ^^
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:14 PM by Ibs
Hypno wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 1:31 PM
/bow

/curtsey

/beckon

/puke

Yeah I bet it's a lot more lame than setting up fights in your private little stealther club discord /puke right back atcha. I don't understand all this hate on a more fair fight.

Seeing soloers in here crying for it to go back to the way it was makes me think it's at least partly due to some private agenda. Who the HELL wants to be farmed by a group of stealthers wherever you go? Press x to doubt.

This is the most hilarious non-issue I think I've seen people bitch about.

I hate the/bow fest guise it's not daoc, can we go back to the spontaneous, exhilarating fights where we get popped by 6 stealthers or 400 visibles at any feasible dock in the game please?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:42 PM by Ibs
Lilou07 wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:51 AM
Ibs wrote:
Lilou07 wrote:

Dueling is not soloing!

Well you are mistaken,

8 mans obviously wait around to fight each other wtf are you talking about. Unless they're dodging other groups, 8 mans are doing /gvg and getting their free rps win or lose (Omg clutch pearls).

I've seen numerous 8 mans running all day on the gvg list, (and have been a part of them) they're a lot more mobile to avoid their threat (the Zerg) and can still arrange fights via discord/gvg. Where's the risk reward guise11!!!1? Or zergers for that matter? With the low pop and relic hoppers it's generally one sides Zerg dominating the frontier.

All of these points about gvg aren't to knock the mechanic either. It's just simply to highlight the raging hate boner people have for solo specifically.

Oh and p.s no one uses the fairfight command for solo, never have, never will. The devs have made it quite clear they're not going to give any rp reward for utilizing the command so what's the point?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:59 PM by Masarus
I haven't been to the solo porter keeps since the patch, but I don't quite understand why some people freak out already. This change has just been implemented recently, hasn't it?
Give it some time.. once these zones are filled with only champs, bds and whater op 1v1 char, there will definitely be fewer duels. And usually, solo players get bored of these duels quite easily.
But what remains is the possibilty to port quickly, which makes it much easier to roam around as a soloer without getting easily zerged by a stealth/visi group (=docks).

Cheers,
Tapas
Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:14 PM by Ceebee86
Actually, they gank BD's on sight, but let the necros in?
I'd say kill the zone off and remove this 60 sec teleporter, and stop catering to a minority of the server, when there's more important stuff to fix.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:01 PM by Noashakra
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 7:14 PM
Hypno wrote:
/bow

/curtsey

/beckon

/puke

Yeah I bet it's a lot more lame than setting up fights in your private little stealther club discord /puke right back atcha. I don't understand all this hate on a more fair fight.

Seeing soloers in here crying for it to go back to the way it was makes me think it's at least partly due to some private agenda. Who the HELL wants to be farmed by a group of stealthers wherever you go? Press x to doubt.

I hate the/bow fest guise it's not daoc, can we go back to the spontaneous, exhilarating fights where we get popped by 6 stealthers or 400 visibles at any feasible dock in the game please?

lol you don't know what you speak about. There are no organised fights on the solo discord.
So now it's the solo who have an agenda to zerg other people who are dueling, even though 90% of them are never solo when there is no duel zone. How does that make sense?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:11 PM by Hypno
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:01 PM
Ibs wrote:
Hypno wrote:
/bow

/curtsey

/beckon

/puke

lol you don't know what you speak about. There are no organised fights on the solo discord.
So now it's the solo who have an agenda to zerg other people who are dueling, even though 90% of them are never solo when there is no duel zone. How does that make sense?

I hear groups use discord too these days, scandalous.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:23 PM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Ibs wrote:
Hypno wrote:
/bow

/curtsey

/beckon

/puke

I'm not saying solos in discord are zerging down duelers, I'm saying a dedicated solo area is fair, because people are already utilizing "undaoc" (previous commenters statement) methods to organize fights.

With 8 man gvg list and discords It's all practically a duel except the bow. You can talk and talk about how people don't organize fights, but I've heard it with my own ears from at least 6 or so 8 mans. I'm not even against this, I'm just giving examples of how the "omg undaoc /bow illegal duelzzz" already exist in your world, and have persisted for months.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:38 PM by Mcnasty
As much as I love some good duels...I have to say that this is totally changing the solo game for this server. It's starting to feel much more like an i50 freeshard where everyone is dueling over and over, than a true dark age server. If i go to do tasks or camp bridges/docks there isn't half as much action as there was before the instant port to the duel zone. It's been fun, but I hope this does not last because there is no more 'hunting' for fights anymore when you can just go duel over and over.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:50 PM by Noashakra
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:23 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Ibs wrote:

I'm not saying solos in discord are zerging down duelers, I'm saying a dedicated solo area is fair, because people are already utilizing "undaoc" (previous commenters statement) methods to organize fights.

With 8 man gvg list and discords It's all practically a duel except the bow. You can talk and talk about how people don't organize fights, but I've heard it with my own ears from at least 6 or so 8 mans. I'm not even against this, I'm just giving examples of how the "omg undaoc /bow illegal duelzzz" already exist in your world, and have persisted for months.

I am in the solo discord, and the closest to "organized fight" I have seen is someone shouting out "I am in front of XXX come and fight me". Nobody asks a specific class or person to duel there. People can already do that through MP if they want.

So no it didn't existe like you think it did.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:28 PM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 9:50 PM
Ibs wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

I am in the solo discord, and the closest to "organized fight" I have seen is someone shouting out "I am in front of XXX come and fight me". Nobody asks a specific class or person to duel there. People can already do that through MP if they want.

That's actually exactly what I was talking about, thanks for proving my point.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:34 PM by Noashakra
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:28 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Ibs wrote:

Yeah telling people you are around a specific location like the hib relic gate is really making a duel...
Nobody asks for you to come in the middle of nowhere to have a clean fight.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:59 PM by thirian24
Ceebee86 wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:14 PM
I'd say kill the zone off and remove this 60 sec teleporter, and stop catering to a minority of the server, when there's more important stuff to fix.

But people cry the absolute hardest about a small QoL change for solos so they arent being zerged down 24/7. Hell Polemo just brought the entire fucking Alb zerg to Trell, twice.

All of this could be 100% avoided if we had day1 pvp zone back.

But hey, fuck it. With enough crying from people who dont give two shits about anybody but themselves, this QoL will also be taken away.

For the life of me, i can not understand why people bitch about shit that has zero bearing on them.
Mon 22 Jun 2020 11:10 PM by Jingo NZ
I'm curious, what is inherently "wrong" with groups or alb zerg killing duelers in the rvr zone Trelle?
Mon 22 Jun 2020 11:18 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Jingo NZ wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 11:10 PM
I'm curious, what is inherently "wrong" with groups or alb zerg killing duelers in the rvr zone Trelle?

Absolutely nothing.

Run them over. Repeatedly. Until they log.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 12:51 AM by kratoxin
Legacy is the Trelle exterminators! Slay them all! Send them back to their homelands! Call out King Arthur!!
Tue 23 Jun 2020 1:07 AM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:34 PM
Ibs wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:28 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Yeah telling people you are around a specific location like the hib relic gate is really making a duel...
Nobody asks for you to come in the middle of nowhere to have a clean fight.
If you say I'm at x location or heading there, want a fight?

They reply "sure cya out there" that's arranging a fight

I don't care if you don't say your class, your exact location or whatever you're going on about, but here's this

ar·range

/əˈrānj/

organize or make plans for (a future event).

If you guys are bored, go organize your duel somewhere else and you can have muh organic fights. Just remember not everyone that is a real non adding soloer is in that discord, so we don't all have that luxury.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 1:38 AM by Zirc
thirian24 wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 10:59 PM
But hey, fuck it. With enough crying from people who dont give two shits about anybody but themselves, this QoL will also be taken away.

For the life of me, i can not understand why people bitch about shit that has zero bearing on them.

This concerns EVERYONE that plays on the server. Here's why:

Stage 1:
Solo teleporter is implemented, giving solos a free ride to any of the three realms "solo areas".

Stage 2:
Solos start to adapt to this change by respeccing for it and going mainly to these solo areas as it is FAR more efficient RP-wise than going out and doing the normal solo stuff.

Stage 3 (currently here):
People realize that not only is it more efficient than normal solo business, it's also safer. Some classes that had to use tact and intelligence to solo are thriving in these zones because they can choose who to fight. Meanwhile, other classes that may have been good at solo'ing elsewhere (sorcs/theurgs/bonedancers/etc) are excluded from the fun. The meta has formed, and it's rewarding a certain few classes with 20k/hr RP

Stage 4 (what we'll see if things don't change):
"Fun" is overshadowed by "efficiency" in MMOs. As the most efficient way to farm RP, classes that can solo decently will have no incentive to do anything else. Other classes that cannot perform as well in the solo zone will have less to fight out in the true RvR zones. Even when groups roll through Trelle, other ports are available and there is little to no real cost to porting back out, so the solo meta will still thrive. Natural action around docks and bridges will dwindle, and small-man groups will find less food.

In summary, as the solo'ers thrive on this spoon-fed RP fest, others do suffer. There are clear winners and losers with this change. The change is BAD for server health as it removes natural fights. It enables a net of safety and convenience that goes completely AGAINST what RvR is at its core: dangerous and spontaneous. There should never be a place in RvR that is both one click away from your respawn point and extremely efficient for RP farming.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 2:41 AM by thirian24
Zirc,

Move along dawg.

Your forum posts consist of you bitching about every QoL on this server.

Remove buff pots, no realm speed, no solo port.

What else would you like to cry about that needs to be removed? Here is your platform.. cry away.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 3:14 AM by Zirc
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 2:41 AM
Zirc,

Move along dawg.

Your forum posts consist of you bitching about every QoL on this server.

Remove buff pots, no realm speed, no solo port.

What else would you like to cry about that needs to be removed? Here is your platform.. cry away.

Whoever you are,

I'm not going anywhere. Your voice isn't somehow more important than mine. If you have criticism over this current topic, maybe reply with that? Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time. If you have a personal problem with me this isn't the place for it.

Back to the actual topic of the thread... to reiterate for people who just jump to the most recent post:

In summary, as the solo'ers thrive on this spoon-fed RP fest, others do suffer. There are clear winners and losers with this change. The change is BAD for server health as it removes natural fights. It enables a net of safety and convenience that goes completely AGAINST what RvR is at its core: dangerous and spontaneous. There should never be a place in RvR that is both one click away from your respawn point and extremely efficient for RP farming.

For more info, see previous pages. Some good discussions.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 3:58 AM by Jingo NZ
The change is a good one, but there “may” be a current issue with the player meta that has created a duelling hotspot in Trelle.

Please remember that a duelling hotspot in Trelle was just as possible before the change. The “ooh shiny” effect of trying out the change described in the patch notes was sufficient to create a level of solo action that created a self-reinforcing behaviour of duelling that is fun (for a period of time), gives good RP, and gives even fights for a certain subset of classes/specs that is rare outside of a duel.

Remember the same thing happened after day 1 of solo TOA zone.

The discussion is less about the minor change to the solo porter, and more about how the server responds to duelling - both officially (in terms of server rules or further coded incentives/disincentives) and unofficially (in terms of player attitude, what is “accepted” or otherwise by different RVR “communities”).
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:02 AM by gotwqqd
Zirc wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 1:38 AM
thirian24 wrote:

This concerns EVERYONE that plays on the server. Here's why:

Stage 1:
Solo teleporter is implemented, giving solos a free ride to any of the three realms "solo areas".

Stage 2:
Solos start to adapt to this change by respeccing for it and going mainly to these solo areas as it is FAR more efficient RP-wise than going out and doing the normal solo stuff.

Stage 3 (currently here):
People realize that not only is it more efficient than normal solo business, it's also safer. Some classes that had to use tact and intelligence to solo are thriving in these zones because they can choose who to fight. Meanwhile, other classes that may have been good at solo'ing elsewhere (sorcs/theurgs/bonedancers/etc) are excluded from the fun. The meta has formed, and it's rewarding a certain few classes with 20k/hr RP

Stage 4 (what we'll see if things don't change):
"Fun" is overshadowed by "efficiency" in MMOs. As the most efficient way to farm RP, classes that can solo decently will have no incentive to do anything else. Other classes that cannot perform as well in the solo zone will have less to fight out in the true RvR zones. Even when groups roll through Trelle, other ports are available and there is little to no real cost to porting back out, so the solo meta will still thrive. Natural action around docks and bridges will dwindle, and small-man groups will find less food.

Fabulously stated
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:05 AM by gotwqqd
Jingo NZ wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 3:58 AM
The change is a good one, but there “may” be a current issue with the player meta that has created a duelling hotspot in Trelle.

Please remember that a duelling hotspot in Trelle was just as possible before the change. The “ooh shiny” effect of trying out the change described in the patch notes was sufficient to create a level of solo action that created a self-reinforcing behaviour of duelling that is fun (for a period of time), gives good RP, and gives even fights for a certain subset of classes/specs that is rare outside of a duel.

Remember the same thing happened after day 1 of solo TOA zone.

The discussion is less about the minor change to the solo porter, and more about how the server responds to duelling - both officially (in terms of server rules or further coded incentives/disincentives) and unofficially (in terms of player attitude, what is “accepted” or otherwise by different RVR “communities”).

It was not just as possible/viable due to the simple fact that you needed to travel there.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:33 AM by Ulio ah ah
I made some duel, for me it is very boring. for dueling classes it's definitely fun.
direct teleport does not make sense,
I would move it between the bridges of Agramon
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:50 AM by Renox
duels or not. the problem is with this teleporter that you can hardly see any more small mans in the task zones (yes, i know a few who only port solo now) .. 70% of the kill counts come from trellebourg. so task zones are very emtpy.

the GMs was calling that isnt a duel zone its a RvR zone all are free to do what they want, thats why 8mans or small man killing there too.its only rp farming with 50% /bow.

you could just say now - if everyone is there go and kill everyone. but did it once with a small man and 10 people from every realm chased us straight to kill us (funfact that is against the rules) because we disturbed them in their duels lol. after that we never did that again after flaming

clearly the server has more players than uthgard or something. but if you split up the people like this I can only go looking for the therabbin with a stealthlore.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:18 AM by inoeth
Adwaenyth wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 6:07 PM
inoeth wrote:

Yeah, but risk / reward is waaaaay out of proportion the way it is handled there now... literally no risk for all the reward.

nobody stops you from getting constantly farmed at docks by archer zergs...
still not sure whats the problem, where is the risk in playing in an archer zerg for example?
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:23 AM by Noashakra
If yon don't understand that "I am in xx area if you want to fight" is not the same as the /bow fest, I can't do anything for you
Also on top, only one person is doing this and it's a solo without stealth.

As much as I hate this zone, if the small man and groups feeding on solos are suffering, cry me a river...

The solution is to have multiple solo tp points around the map, making it harder to go to the solo zone after you die, and that would create action on the way there.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:07 AM by Thaloria
At a certain point the whole thing get's complicated.
As I have heard so far: BDs are not welcome and killed on sight. Also certain "advocates of stealth group play" were not welcomed friendly (see other topic https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14395).
Where is the line drawn now?
How much "non-duel-zone-compliant" actions are allowed in the normal rvr zones until you are expelled from the participation in the duel-zone?
What about Necromancers, they do not seem like a fair duel class, better kill them on sight too?
What about a Mercenary using Dirty Tricks, does'nt seem fair! What to do?
Who takes those decisions?

That may be slighted exaggerated, but not so far fetched either.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:19 AM by Noashakra
There are ways to kite mercenaries or bait them to use DT. I think it's kind of an Iwin ability, but you can counter it with certain classes.
A BD with PD9 just have to stand and spam his drain macro and you can't win. Same with necro. And it's not on activation every 7mn, it's all the time. Do you see the difference?
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:23 AM by Kimahri
Thaloria wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:07 AM
At a certain point the whole thing get's complicated.
As I have heard so far: BDs are not welcome and killed on sight. Also certain "advocates of stealth group play" were not welcomed friendly (see other topic https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14395).
Where is the line drawn now?
How much "non-duel-zone-compliant" actions are allowed in the normal rvr zones until you are expelled from the participation in the duel-zone?
What about Necromancers, they do not seem like a fair duel class, better kill them on sight too?
What about a Mercenary using Dirty Tricks, does'nt seem fair! What to do?
Who takes those decisions?

That may be slighted exaggerated, but not so far fetched either.

Everyone in rvr is free to attack or not attack who they please.
Players are free to have their /bow fights as they please.
Other players are also completely free to come in and wipe them out completely and or get turned upon by those they sought to wipe out.
The only thing that would cause concern / be an issue is if there were any RP Farming going on.
- Clockwork 2020

What's so hard to understand people, stop bitching and moaning.

The worst thing to happen to daoc imo was the ability to talk with your enemy.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:29 AM by Thaloria
Of course I see the difference.
You have already drawn your line here. Is this line acceptable for the majority?
How do You ensure everybody is aware of the line?
How can people challenge the line if they don't agree?

There is a reason that rule sets are usually setup and enforced by the developers/operators.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:45 AM by Kimahri
Everyone chooses their own line, didn't think this concept would be that hard for people to understand
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:52 AM by inoeth
Kimahri wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:45 AM
Everyone chooses their own line, didn't think this concept would be that hard for people to understand

seems kind of hard for ppl with hook-and-loop fastener shoes...
Tue 23 Jun 2020 1:18 PM by Kadal
i was very excited when i read that u dont have to die anymore to use the solo teleporter, not knowing what it would turn out to, i kinda feel naive for that.
first of all i am a solo player, so please stop that "only smallman/grp/zerg players hate on the /bow fest" bullshit.
in my opinion what is happening there shouldnt be happening. in my opinion this is not how daoc should be played. again, im talking about the /bow fest, not soloing itself.

also i fear people wont really be getting bored of that, because obviously for non-stealthers this is the best way to get some way of solo action.
i certainly dont wanna see the porters go away, but i would love to see the /bow fest go away, i would love to see people roaming and engaging the fights they get, not the ones they choose to take, because i think there are very obvious issues with that in this game and alot have already been stated in this thread.

in the end this is a very complicated issue to "fix", just making the drop zone bigger wouldnt work as we saw on the 2. day of the pvp zone. there needs to be an incentive for people to go out and roam solo while also somehow make it so that visibles dont get rolled over 9/10 times when they go out without getting any kind of a fight, because that is obviously very discouraging.
how is that achieved? i have no fucking clue to be honest. the first day of the pvp zone felt good, would have loved to see how that would have played out if unchanged just for science, but i can see that it might have been a bit too easy to get alot of rps. but if i compare that to trell now in terms of rp gain i guess it was even less, could be wrong though as im not participating there.
also permanently splitting the action to 2 zones might cause other problems.

if the devs dont see an issue with how trell turned out i guess it doesnt matter anyway.

i definitily would love to see the pvp zone as it is now removed, as it is completely useless now and at least make it an reoccuring event the way it was on the first day.
sometimes its more fun if u cant have it every day.

just my feedback.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 4:34 PM by Parole
thirian24 wrote:
Ceebee86 wrote:
Mon 22 Jun 2020 8:14 PM

But people cry the absolute hardest about a small QoL change for solos so they arent being zerged down 24/7. Hell Polemo just brought the entire fucking Alb zerg to Trell, twice.

meh - day 1 pvp zone you were the first person spamming region for duels and your /bow game. Go play mortal combat. You and all the stupid /bow duels were one of the reasons the PVP zone died.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:30 PM by Adwaenyth
inoeth wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:18 AM
Adwaenyth wrote:
inoeth wrote:

still not sure whats the problem, where is the risk in playing in an archer zerg for example?

The archer zerg can instant port to the dock and not get added when there? wow. that's nice.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:04 PM by Parole
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:18 PM
Parole wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 4:34 PM
thirian24 wrote:

meh - day 1 pvp zone you were the first person spamming region for duels and your /bow game. Go play mortal combat. You and all the stupid /bow duels were one of the reasons the PVP zone died.

move along you butt hurt baby back bitch. Go comment on threads that involve your own name, which you have a couple. Or other threads that involve tactics about zergv1. Solo threads aren't your deal. Don't waste your time here.

ok bossman. Doesn't change the truth of what I posted.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:52 PM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:23 AM
If yon don't understand that "I am in xx area if you want to fight" is not the same as the /bow fest, I can't do anything for you

As much as I hate this zone, if the small man and groups feeding on solos are suffering, cry me a river...

The solution is to have multiple solo tp points around the map, making it harder to go to the solo zone after you die, and that would create action on the way there.

Are you replying in reference to what I said? If so, you're either king/queen of the straw man argument, or you're the dunce of reading comprehension.

No /bow is not the exact same as what you guys do in dandares chat, but that's irrelevant. My point was you guys arrange fights too.

I'm fine with your private club doing this. Go do your "muh organic, natural daoc bliss fights" and leave us/our port alone. Give people who aren't in your chat the same opportunity as you get (in terms of arranged fights) except without any discord involved.

Also parole seriously talking about server health is hilarious. You and your band of knuckle draggers are legitimately bad for the servers health. I bet you've turned more people off to this game even comparing zergers, and small man because you and the council of cheesy armpits wanted to get 100 rps each per kill. Yeah can we get rid of this bow fest and get the soloers back to the docks? Fkin clowns.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:10 PM by Noashakra
First "you guys" is not true, there is only one person shooting out once in a while where he is to have action when there are none. It's NOT the same as arranging a duel. because if a sin would go there, they would try to PA the guy, play with the relief, and also deal with potential adders.
I personnaly never do it and 95% of the others don't either.
So yeah you speak without knowing.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:11 PM by Parole
Ibs wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:52 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Are you replying in reference to what I said? If so, you're either king/queen of the straw man argument, or you're the dunce of reading comprehension.

No /bow is not the exact same as what you guys do in dandares chat, but that's irrelevant. My point was you guys arrange fights too.

I'm fine with your private club doing this. Go do your "muh organic, natural daoc bliss fights" and leave us/our port alone. Give people who aren't in your chat the same opportunity as you get (in terms of arranged fights) except without any discord involved.

Also parole seriously talking about server health is hilarious. You and your band of knuckle draggers are legitimately bad for the servers health. I bet you've turned more people off to this game even comparing zergers, and small man because you and the council of cheesy armpits wanted to get 100 rps each per kill. Yeah can we get rid of this bow fest and get the soloers back to the docks? Fkin clowns.
I would like to petition for a second guild name "council of cheesy armpits" - so great. haha!
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:18 PM by inoeth
Adwaenyth wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 5:30 PM
inoeth wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:18 AM
Adwaenyth wrote:

The archer zerg can instant port to the dock and not get added when there? wow. that's nice.

the archer zerg can go there and farm solos without getting touched, where the duellers die from time to time.... now what?
dude you are pathetic, gitgut and stop crying over good players who like challenging fights... just dont go there if you dont like it.
man you are of the kind "its not enough that i win, others should lose!" go to hell
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:23 PM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:10 PM
First "you guys" is not true, there is only one person shooting out once in a while where he is to have action when there are none. It's NOT the same as arranging a duel. because if a sin would go there, they would try to PA the guy, play with the relief, and also deal with potential adders.
I personnaly never do it and 95% of the others don't either.
So yeah you speak without knowing.

Okay, you're a dunce at reading comprehension, got it. Read my posts again (since you obviously didn't the first time.)
1. Yes they're not the same good job that's not my argument. I'm refusing to restate it again I've said it enough. If you didn't read it before you won't read it now. If even ONE person arranges a fight in your discord "every so often" guess what............... YOU'RE STILL ARRANGING FIGHTS.

2. I don't even disagree with what you do and I'm glad you get to have the fights you want . I'm for any change for ANYONE that reduces times between fair fights and increases their amount of total fun. It's only logical that would provide an atmosphere for players wanting to return tomorrow and try again.

3. This gives people without the opportunity to get into your INVITE ONLY discord a chance to get some fights without getting zerged down(potentially). You know, like what you get to enjoy?
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:46 PM by Adwaenyth
inoeth wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:18 PM
good players who like challenging fights.

Thanks for making me laugh.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:15 PM by kratoxin
A clean up crew will be at trelle daily for everyone's need to take out the trash.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:22 PM by Ibs
kratoxin wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:15 PM
A clean up crew will be at trelle daily for everyone's need to take out the trash.

Small pp energy
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:28 PM by daoklover
Parole wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 7:11 PM
Ibs wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 6:52 PM
Noashakra wrote:

I would like to petition for a second guild name "council of cheesy armpits" - so great. haha!

This guy and his merry band of men in tights is a joke. He's still super mad that he got punished and kicked out of the solo zone last night.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:46 PM by Noashakra
3. This gives people without the opportunity to get into your INVITE ONLY discord a chance to get some fights without getting zerged down(potentially). You know, like what you get to enjoy?

lol I am telling you ONE person does it, and it's like once every three weeks MAX during low pop time and it's for one fight that is not garanteed, in a location where lots of people pass (relic gate usually). And the discord is just a place to discuss about the game with people (often) with the same mind set about soloing.

You could hardly call someone walking in the street shooting at people to fight an arranged fight...

So stop speaking about things you don't know.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:16 PM by Cadebrennus
thirian24 wrote:
Parole wrote:
thirian24 wrote:

move along you ***** Edited by Uthred. Go comment on threads that involve your own name, which you have a couple. Or other threads that involve tactics about zergv1. Solo threads aren't your deal. Don't waste your time here.

How much of your lone enforcer title was "earned" in duel towns?
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:23 PM by daoklover
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:16 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Parole wrote:

move along you ***** Edited by Uthred. Go comment on threads that involve your own name, which you have a couple. Or other threads that involve tactics about zergv1. Solo threads aren't your deal. Don't waste your time here.

He had Lone Enforcer before any duel towns existed,***Edited by Uthred.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:23 PM by Uthred
Please stop the insults. I still have hope for some of you. Im pretty sure that you can do it. If you only try.

Or in other words: if you dont stop insulting each other, i will just close this thread without any further comment.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:34 PM by Cadebrennus
kratoxin wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:15 PM

How about a no-aggro policy between different realms' groups, just like the duellers have? It seems only fair
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:35 PM by Cadebrennus
daoklover wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:23 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:16 PM
thirian24 wrote:

He had Lone Enforcer before any duel towns existed,***Edited by Uthred.

Good to know, because most of the "lone enforcers" on Live got their title from /bow town in Labby
Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:05 PM by gotwqqd
Uthred wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 9:23 PM
Please stop the insults. I still have hope for some of you. Im pretty sure that you can do it. If you only try.

Or in other words: if you dont stop insulting each other, i will just close this thread without any further comment.

How about instead of editing and closing threads those individuals get some time off?
Allowing this behavior is bad for the game
Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:18 PM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 8:46 PM

lol I am telling you ONE person does it, and it's like once every three weeks MAX during low pop time and it's for one fight that is not garanteed, in a location where lots of people pass (relic gate usually). And the discord is just a place to discuss about the game with people (often) with the same mind set about soloing.

You could hardly call someone walking in the street shooting at people to fight an arranged fight...

To use your own asinine analogy against you, it would be more like two people whispering to each other in a room in private "hey if you want a gun fight meet me around the abandoned shed outside town, I'm leaving now and will be waiting there."

Again this is a binary argument, frequency of fights is irrelevant, once a month once a day, it still happened,
A fight was still arranged, so it makes it a little hypocritical for you to come in here bitching about arranged fights conceptually.
Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:58 PM by Bry
Agreed that this isn't ''soloing.'' This is just rp farming for melee classes. Absolutely lame. Its also ruining the action everywhere else. I've been out traditionally soloing and its practically dead anywhere else, other than the zergs. Change the teleporter back to where they have to run to the solo zone first before using it. Porting from town is just encouraging crossrealming and rp farming.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 3:16 AM by Jingo NZ
The relatively minor teleport change this week provided QOL for soloers generally moving around in RVR and should be kept.

When you combine the increased traffic through the solo zones with the solo “respect” of watching from the sidelines when you find a 1v1 in progress, you quickly get the beginning of a duel fest. Once its clear where the solo action is, it becomes self-reinforcing… more people show up, people want to fight without adds and so the /bow macro gets bound to quickbars and Trelle deathspam ensues.

Not that different to old Emain. Once the location of instant RVR action is established, there is no reason to go anywhere else. And the complaints of fairfights, no-adds, git-gud-you-zerging-adding-loser begin.

The interesting part is the human psychology rather than the minor teleport change.

I’ve made some suggestions in this thread that may help strike a reasonable balance. Devs could majorly increase the drop zone area, and reduce RP rewards in these zones except for the first 5 minutes after using a porter. This will promote roaming and spontaneous fights rather than camping one duel spot.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:16 AM by Noashakra
Ibs wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:18 PM
Noashakra wrote:

To use your own asinine analogy against you, it would be more like two people whispering to each other in a room in private "hey if you want a gun fight meet me around the abandoned shed outside town, I'm leaving now and will be waiting there."

Again this is a binary argument, frequency of fights is irrelevant, once a month once a day, it still happened,
A fight was still arranged, so it makes it a little hypocritical for you to come in here bitching about arranged fights conceptually.

It's not the same at all, the relic gate or a bridge is NOT an place in the woods. It's usually a place with action and where people add. It's ridiculous.
The frequency was a counter point of you being "jealous" of the solo discord being a place where people organize their 1vs1 no add on a regular basis.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:30 AM by evert
Maybe now that people are used to the solo zone, if you take away the instant port people will be willing to run the 2 minutes to the solo porte.... hahah of course they won't
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:45 AM by Ibs
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 5:16 AM
Ibs wrote:
Tue 23 Jun 2020 10:18 PM
Noashakra wrote:

It's not the same at all, the relic gate or a bridge is NOT an place in the woods. It's usually a place with action and where people add. It's ridiculous.

The frequency was a counter point of you being "jealous" of the solo discord being a place where people organize their 1vs1 no add on a regular basis.

Sounds like a stupid place to setup a fight then. Two people still arranged the fight, this point is irrelevant to my argument.
Also, people add us too. You know how many 8 mans roll by just for some easy rps? Our location is much less discreet.
I'm about done arguing my true point, you're just going to strawman or evade me.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 6:26 AM by Noashakra
Lol you are the one claming we arrange fight on the discord when it's not the case and then you write
"It's a stupid location to arrange a fight" yeah because they are not arranged, how dense can you be.

Nobody /bow, the person shooting out his location doesn't ask for a specific person or class to come. He is doing rvr, roaming around a choke point and is looking for action that's all. It's like saying the gvg are arranged fights because you can see where they are with the command...

I am not strawmaning you, where did I build a position you don't have? You should not throw terms you don't understand.

Arguing with you about your idea of what happens in the discord and disagreeing with you about what is arranged or not is not a strawman...
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:14 AM by caelio
midgard with shaman bot in this zone with add damage, cure dot.. pathetic ... u can zerg them thx
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:24 AM by Noashakra
caelio wrote:
Wed 24 Jun 2020 7:14 AM
midgard with shaman bot in this zone with add damage, cure dot.. pathetic ... u can zerg them thx

Let me guess... Ironmike?
He was already running with healer buffs...
I don't get why he is still allowed around. If you try to Zerg him people jump on you. Big joke.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics