Re: Best Idea Ever for Solo on Phoenix

daoklover wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 1:01 AM
Solo Lives Matter

Thumbs up if you support the SLM movement.

I feel like the Phoenix staff is discriminating against solos and i think thats a crime. Gonna look into this further. Will post with further info and how we can take legal actions.

This is just a joke, dont take it serious. Im just trying to find a tiny bit of humor in being rolled by 786436892345762984576 sneaks 24/7
Hwwaatt - NS RR11 Lone Enforcer

sleeve wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 12:58 AM
you have to log on the right time of day / night for that kind of encounter or make a stealth class.

I do agree its a bad time trying to solo but a rp boost won't make much of a change, people will still add for their cut of the realmpoints.

I think when they boosted the overall player HP to help with caster debuff trains it really fucked up solo play for me as a caster, not sure how that fairs with other classes.

Just got to plod along and enjoy the nice fights you will get now and then.

oh yeah while im here, nerf minstrels.

I definitely agree that soloing as a caster is more difficult with the HP boost here, and I also agree that increased RPs would not lead to more soloers, just as introducing horses hasn't seemed to lead to more soloers. People don't solo because it is by nature difficult, regardless of the server, and personally that's what has always made it exciting to me and why I do it.

And FYI, these "it's too hard to solo" complaint threads usually come from stealthers. They've already rolled classes that excel at allowing you to choose your fights, and they're still unhappy.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

Solo task zone rotates between separate zones to normal task. Must remain solo for the entire 45min duration. Task participation base rp tick is 2x normal.

Solos can port to solo zone and small group zone without dieing there first.

Done.

joshisanonymous wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 2:24 AM
sleeve wrote:
you have to log on the right time of day / night for that kind of encounter or make a stealth class.

I do agree its a bad time trying to solo but a rp boost won't make much of a change, people will still add for their cut of the realmpoints.

I think when they boosted the overall player HP to help with caster debuff trains it really fucked up solo play for me as a caster, not sure how that fairs with other classes.

I definitely agree that soloing as a caster is more difficult with the HP boost here, and I also agree that increased RPs would not lead to more soloers, just as introducing horses hasn't seemed to lead to more soloers. People don't solo because it is by nature difficult, regardless of the server, and personally that's what has always made it exciting to me and why I do it.

And FYI, these "it's too hard to solo" complaint threads usually come from stealthers. They've already rolled classes that excel at allowing you to choose your fights, and they're still unhappy.

you dont get it do you? yeah you can chose fights but that does not help you if immediately 5+ other stealthers jump you.... i did not chose this kind of fight
Horg solo rr9 Hunter Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Why do people who choose to solo in a mmolrpg moan about dying when they are outnumbered ? Baffles me !!!

You choose to solo .. if you think you’re good enough to play with a handicap - that’s fine but don’t cry.

This is not a solo 1v1 game - it is a muiltplayer game that has build its entire game engine around group play....................

Do not try to penalise people who group.

If you want 1v1 with no adds then go and play street fighter, mortal kombat, soul caliber, fight night etc.

inoeth wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 2:27 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 2:24 AM
sleeve wrote:

you dont get it do you? yeah you can chose fights but that does not help you if immediately 5+ other stealthers jump you.... i did not chose this kind of fight

Pick a better spot then, geez. I've only ever seen you standing on the dock in Odin's. What do you think is gonna happen if that's your where you always go? If all you ever find are 5+ stealthers jumping on you after you attack, then the lesson here is not that your class doesn't have the ability to choose winnable fights, it's that you're bad at choosing.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chassis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

tommccartney wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 3:24 PM
If you want 1v1 with no adds then go and play street fighter, mortal kombat, soul caliber, fight night etc.

There it is! I was waiting for this comment. We usually get 1 per page. Thanks for keeping the tradition going.
Hwwaatt - NS RR11 Lone Enforcer

This is an RVR game not SVR (solo vs solo).

Stealthers are really the only class that is viable for solo play though... but you still get adds and whatever. What goes around comes around... my fights get added, i add when needed as well its whatever.
Blindgaze RR7 Shadowblade

Return to “RvR”