Re: Save RvR revert archer changes.

Tubby wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 5:06 AM
DarkDavion wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 1:17 AM
After the last archery nerf, the most played class during the 24h is the minstrel again. If you want to cry, cry over this.

Minstrel are used for crafting toons. 8man small man zerg solo. Archers are not used as craft bots or 8man that's a chunk away right there

This is the problem, minstrel is just too good solo, smallman, 8v8 and even stealth group . What's the point QQ for archers that is ez counterable class? If you don't like the stealth gameplay you should QQ about assassins too

The damage really isn't the issue, it's the sheer numbers, make the stealth zerg countermeasure more pronounced, simple.

My Scout has 50+14 bow and using a 5.5 my crit shot hits the dummies for 517 and normal shot for 258. Yes, that's high damage, but.... against a single person you would need to shoot them about 9 times including a crit, less v casters more v tanks etc. and my draw speed is 4.3 crit 3.5 normal shot.

Now I'm ignoring slam and pin as we're talking archery dmg not Scout play styles.

that means (assuming crit from stealth) it would take approximately 25 seconds of shooting to kill a target. Most classes have the ability to finish a kill in this time (assuming no blocks misses or evades for all).

as soon as you add a second archer that becomes 12.5 seconds, 3 makes i 8.3 seconds 4 6.25 seconds etc. etc.

So the pure dmg is not the issue, the fact people play like absolute pussies and have the ability to add from stealth is.

For the record my Spec is 50 bow 45 shield 35 slash and 15 stealth, come at me!

Gohanssj wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 1:04 PM
The damage really isn't the issue,it's the sheer numbers, make the stealth zerg countermeasure more pronounced, simple.

My Scout has 50+14 bow and using a 5.5 my crit shot hits the dummies for 517 and normal shot for 258. Yes, that's high damage, but.... against a single person you would need to shoot them about 9 times including a crit, less v casters more v tanks etc. and my draw speed is 4.3 crit 3.5 normal shot.

Now I'm ignoring slam and pin as we're talking archery dmg not Scout play styles.

that means (assuming crit from stealth) it would take approximately 25 seconds of shooting to kill a target. Most classes have the ability to finish a kill in this time (assuming no blocks misses or evades for all).

as soon as you add a second archer that becomes 12.5 seconds, 3 makes i 8.3 seconds 4 6.25 seconds etc. etc.

So the pure dmg is not the issue, the fact people play like absolute pussies and have the ability to add from stealth is.

Amen to the quote in red.

Youll find that youre hitting players harder than what you hit the dummies. Im regularly being hit by scouts for 900ish.
Hwwaatt - NS RR11 Lone Enforcer

Gohanssj wrote:
The damage really isn't the issue, it's the sheer numbers, make the stealth zerg countermeasure more pronounced, simple.

So you are complaining about stealthers gameplay. They took countermeasures for the coast guard. Are sufficient? Maybe not, but at least the intention to reduce this cancerous gameplay style is clear. The point is that the archer must have his ideal prey (he should be able to kill casters easily), he should be able to fight tanks and he should lose against the assassins. The scout thanks to the shield can easily kite tanks, the ranger must necessarily do much more damage with the bow for be able to fight tanks. Assassins should have a big disadvantage vs tanks but it's not so. I can agree that archers group/stealther group is annoying, maybe the Devs can reduce the dmg taken from 2+ archers, but surely weakening the class is wrong because it would no longer be able to face anyone in solo and this will just enforce cancer game play like stealther group coastguard and similars

unlikely unless you're necro debuffed or they have aug dex 9 and falcons eye 9, my hard cap with necro debuff is 1035 on crit shot, and necro debuff basically doubles the damage. Think my highest non-debuff crit was around 650-700 so I guess a RR8+ scout that has gone full bow dmg RA could hit those numbers but your bog-standard scrubber won;t

DarkDavion wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 2:45 PM
Gohanssj wrote:

So you are complaining about stealthers gameplay. They took countermeasures for the coast guard. Are sufficient? Maybe not, but at least the intention to reduce this cancerous gameplay style is clear. The point is that the archer must have his ideal prey (he should be able to kill casters easily), he should be able to fight tanks and he should lose against the assassins. The scout thanks to the shield can easily kite tanks, the ranger must necessarily do much more damage with the bow for be able to fight tanks. Assassins should have a big disadvantage vs tanks but it's not so. I can agree that archers group/stealther group is annoying, maybe the Devs can reduce the dmg taken from 2+ archers, but surely weakening the class is wrong because it would no longer be able to face anyone in solo and this will just enforce cancer game play like stealther group coastguard and similars

That's pretty much what I said, their solo damage isn't the issue, it's the fact that they never solo and the become exponentially OP being able to do high fast dmg from range, as soon as there is 2 it's impossible to run to both.

DarkDavion wrote:
Mon 25 May 2020 2:45 PM
Gohanssj wrote:

Assassins are supposed to be tank fodder

The reality is that most of tanks are food for assassins. Just champs/friar/reavers can win. What I am saying about rangers is if u want force them to not group and hit the same target (as I said greatly reducing dmg taken from the target hit by 2+archer) you must increase the archery dmg bcs ppl is grouping up cause after the nerf ranger bow spec alone isn't good enough

Return to “RvR”