Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Noashakra wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 4:31 PM
MAYBE you should be a BG LEADER and try to tackle MAXISTO to make your ZERG instead of complaining here. Because POPULATION is not an ISSUE.

https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html
Look at the realm population of midgar at the bottom... It's the only one growing and hibernia is actually underpopulated since last week. So can you stop now?
Midgard is not dying and you are wasting everyone's time

Again, read and comprehend not just make crap up pls. It's not about ONE realm, it's about the GAME

mattymc wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:04 AM
tyrantanic wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 7:56 PM
I definitely made more RPs killing the Mid zerg last night with catapults than roaming the tasks during NA prime.

Mid had ~150 Lvl 50s in NF while Alb and Hib had ~100 (2200 EST). Population bounces around all the time in this game. Comparing Phoenix to Live is not reasonable as they are completely different games. Anyone who has played Live in the past year should understand that.

Really --- you see no similarities whatsoever between the pop flows and decisions not made??? Interesting

I don't blame developers for players making poor choices. Nothing the developers do will change that. The majority of the player base here is casual and not competitive as clearly demonstrated by the failure of the PvP event. They want RPs. Not good fights. Is zerging / steam rolling the other realm(s) the best way to make RPs? No. Is it the easiest? Yes. If you remove the means of obtaining RPs easily, players will quit and the population will dwindle. That is an unfortunate reality of the DAoC community.

mattymc wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:06 AM
Noashakra wrote:
MAYBE you should be a BG LEADER and try to tackle MAXISTO to make your ZERG instead of complaining here. Because POPULATION is not an ISSUE.

Look at the realm population of midgar at the bottom... It's the only one growing and hibernia is actually underpopulated since last week. So can you stop now?

Again, read and comprehend not just make crap up pls. It's not about ONE realm, it's about the GAME

You post without anything else than your feelings to back up your claims.
You have nothing else.
Instead of crying here, try to make maxisto stop taking flag with 3/4 fg that could help you take keeps (you know, like you did for 2/3 months around december and dominated everything). No other realm does that at the mid scale atm. Hib has a unity that you don't have, because of one zerg leader doing the same thing every day of the week. It's a people problem, not a number or realm problem.

mattymc wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 3:58 PM

Your opinion seems to be different depending on what realm is dominating. Did not see you crying about a broken game here.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11901
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11662

you want to explain yourself plz?

Noashakra wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 9:48 AM
mattymc wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:06 AM
Noashakra wrote:

You post without anything else than your feelings to back up your claims.
You have nothing else.
Instead of crying here, try to make maxisto stop taking flag with 3/4 fg that could help you take keeps (you know, like you did for 2/3 months around december and dominated everything). No other realm does that at the mid scale atm. Hib has a unity that you don't have, because of one zerg leader doing the same thing every day of the week. It's a people problem, not a number or realm problem.
So people doing things allowed in game, encouraged BY the game and rewarded by the current design of the game is a People problem not a game problem....I don't quite think you understand what you type let alone what I do....

tyrantanic wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 6:16 AM
mattymc wrote:
tyrantanic wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020 7:56 PM
I definitely made more RPs killing the Mid zerg last night with catapults than roaming the tasks during NA prime.

Mid had ~150 Lvl 50s in NF while Alb and Hib had ~100 (2200 EST). Population bounces around all the time in this game. Comparing Phoenix to Live is not reasonable as they are completely different games. Anyone who has played Live in the past year should understand that.

Really --- you see no similarities whatsoever between the pop flows and decisions not made??? Interesting

I don't blame developers for players making poor choices. Nothing the developers do will change that. The majority of the player base here is casual and not competitive as clearly demonstrated by the failure of the PvP event. They want RPs. Not good fights. Is zerging / steam rolling the other realm(s) the best way to make RPs? No. Is it the easiest? Yes. If you remove the means of obtaining RPs easily, players will quit and the population will dwindle. That is an unfortunate reality of the DAoC community.

Probably true -- isnt it worth trying something different though?

mattymc wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 1:57 AM
tyrantanic wrote:
mattymc wrote:

Depends on what you have in mind. The current reward system works well for those who play competitively and still allows for casuals to gain RPs at a steady rate. Of course those who play more will earn more but that won't change without imposing RP ceilings on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. My only gripe is rewarding RPs for empty keep / tower captures (aka PvE RPs). A system similar to what Live has currently wouldn't be bad: players only earn RPs for successfully defending or capturing keeps / towers when enemy players are present and scales based on the number of enemies killed. However, I don't think this is a major driving force for the issue at hand.

The truth is, players group together to increase their chance(s) at beating other players. This is a skill gap problem which really can't be solved by a developer. Class balance, and by extension realm balance, plays a part in this but doesn't outweigh the skill component. My group on Alb has beaten 2-3 groups of Mids (sometimes Hibs) doing tasks and attempting to capture towers when we should have easily been steam rolled. I've seen this done by groups on other realms as well. Numbers do not always dictate outcome. Developers can incentivize players to fight "fairly" or punish players that don't, but it won't matter unless the skill gap shrinks. Zergs dodging each other or ganging up on the underpopulated realm is a result of poor leadership which ebbs and flows with population. At the end of the day, the game can only be as good as its player base.

Noashakra wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 8:00 AM
it's cool that you don't even address any evidence that doesn't go your way. Stay in your echo chamber.

Evidence....show me something that goes against what I have said and I am happy to consider --- you haven't. I point out once again, the charts do not disprove anything I have said and, more importantly, don't prove what you think they do --- I don't intend to run you through an analysis course to explain why.

tyrantanic wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 11:09 PM
mattymc wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 1:57 AM
tyrantanic wrote:

Depends on what you have in mind. The current reward system works well for those who play competitively and still allows for casuals to gain RPs at a steady rate. Of course those who play more will earn more but that won't change without imposing RP ceilings on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. My only gripe is rewarding RPs for empty keep / tower captures (aka PvE RPs). A system similar to what Live has currently wouldn't be bad: players only earn RPs for successfully defending or capturing keeps / towers when enemy players are present and scales based on the number of enemies killed. However, I don't think this is a major driving force for the issue at hand.

The truth is, players group together to increase their chance(s) at beating other players. This is a skill gap problem which really can't be solved by a developer. Class balance, and by extension realm balance, plays a part in this but doesn't outweigh the skill component. My group on Alb has beaten 2-3 groups of Mids (sometimes Hibs) doing tasks and attempting to capture towers when we should have easily been steam rolled. I've seen this done by groups on other realms as well. Numbers do not always dictate outcome. Developers can incentivize players to fight "fairly" or punish players that don't, but it won't matter unless the skill gap shrinks. Zergs dodging each other or ganging up on the underpopulated realm is a result of poor leadership which ebbs and flows with population. At the end of the day, the game can only be as good as its player base.

Again , I don't disagree with most of what you say, but when MASSIVE numbers just rotate around it destroys the essence of the game. It took LIVE extremely long to 1) recognize this and 2) do much about it; even then it was done poorly and grudgingly.

I wholeheartedly agree that rewarding PvE of keeps and towers is rampant and silly; addressing this is a start but I think there are other active and passive measures that can be taken to disincentivize the ridiculous <local>( meaning time etc) dominance by any one realm and reward the original goals of the game while still supporting the casual player (Super rewarding defense on a sliding scale based on the % of disadvantage as an example). Otherwise, we are left with what we have now which actual harms the casual player unless they happen to be in phase with wherever the dominate realm <at there dominate time> happens to reside.

Return to “RvR”