sooooo Midgard is dying

Wondering if there will be some kind of attempt at encouraging balance? for the last month or so more and more midgardian players are moving to Hibernia or Albion for reasons of their own.

I know I left because i was truly disappointed in the lack of common cause for Middies to unite and the general apathy of the realm overall. I guess now that I write this I do not really have any question. Just making comments.

I been a middie back when I 1st bought Dark Age of Camelot on Midgard Kay and continued to play Mid when the servers were clustered. When I first came back again on Live I played Mid and switched to this freeshard, (which is awesome thank you), but the steady decline of Midgard is well, quite bleh. Hibs and Albs got their zergs and mids at best I see buzz with their 8 mans. yaaaa way to go you can 8 man lol

I think Midgard had a relic for a day, which was the 1st in 30ish days? and now that I get further into this post i guess i went from comments to rants LOL anywho...I wonder if there will be anyway to balance this. I personally dont care for the new pvp zones, the toxic attitudes of "honor" in an open pvp zone is meh. Thank you for those that may post constructive comments and to the trolls....bleh

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

These things happen. Hib was the dominate realm for the first 4-5 months of the server. Then mids took over for a loooong time. I personally put off making any mids because of how overpopulated mid was in the past. Now mid is at the bottom, and hey I leveled a mid with a nice underpopulated XP bonus. Eventually Mid will be back again.

All that to say this: servers have an ebb and flow to who has the power.

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Things are always in flux. I noticed that my longtime realm, Hib, was way overpop in the last few days and I've rerolled to mid, leaving behind a RR8L5 ranger and 7L4 warden. Not easy to leave my beloved realm of lush green and beautiful races for snow and ugly people, but in the name of realm balance I am doing my part. More will follow and things will reach equilibrium, eventually.

I never clicked the chalice or the hammer on this server before this.

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Mh, nice recycling of these alb/hib/mids dying post. Long time I see one.
As other already mentioned this happens to every realm. Reason is simply because of lacking leadership. If you want to change that, lead a bg. If its to complicate at beginning, motivate your guild/ally, build groups and start raiding towers always tell region they are welcome to follow you, do this on a daily base. As you probably guessed you need a lot of endurance for that. Today I saw a mid repeatedly "spamming" region and advice chat to join his bg. Some tards/trolls responded with stfu and stop spamming chats. As far as I remember they also flamed giosakis when he camed back from alb instead to cheer him up for coming back.

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Azrael wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 7:45 PM
Mh, nice recycling of these alb/hib/mids dying post. Long time I see one.
As other already mentioned this happens to every realm. Reason is simply because of lacking leadership. If you want to change that, lead a bg. If its to complicate at beginning, motivate your guild/ally, build groups and start raiding towers always tell region they are welcome to follow you, do this on a daily base. As you probably guessed you need a lot of endurance for that. Today I saw a mid repeatedly "spamming" region and advice chat to join his bg. Some tards/trolls responded with stfu and stop spamming chats. As far as I remember they also flamed giosakis when he camed back from alb instead to cheer him up for coming back.

Lack of leadership is a fraudulent excuse...people step up and lead all the time, it's simply easier to run to where the relics/FOTM Class/es are, population is, etc.....I see people on all realms yelling the same crap at BG's and their leaders, no more nor less on mid. People go to the path of least resistance; that isn't MID.

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

mattymc wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 1:49 AM
Azrael wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 7:45 PM
Mh, nice recycling of these alb/hib/mids dying post. Long time I see one.
As other already mentioned this happens to every realm. Reason is simply because of lacking leadership. If you want to change that, lead a bg. If its to complicate at beginning, motivate your guild/ally, build groups and start raiding towers always tell region they are welcome to follow you, do this on a daily base. As you probably guessed you need a lot of endurance for that. Today I saw a mid repeatedly "spamming" region and advice chat to join his bg. Some tards/trolls responded with stfu and stop spamming chats. As far as I remember they also flamed giosakis when he camed back from alb instead to cheer him up for coming back.

Lack of leadership is a fraudulent excuse...people step up and lead all the time, it's simply easier to run to where the relics/FOTM Class/es are, population is, etc.....I see people on all realms yelling the same crap at BG's and their leaders, no more nor less on mid. People go to the path of least resistance; that isn't MID.

rofl what? So if it's not about leadership, does relics change the realm magically?

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Azrael wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 2:15 AM
mattymc wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 1:49 AM
Azrael wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 7:45 PM
Mh, nice recycling of these alb/hib/mids dying post. Long time I see one.
As other already mentioned this happens to every realm. Reason is simply because of lacking leadership. If you want to change that, lead a bg. If its to complicate at beginning, motivate your guild/ally, build groups and start raiding towers always tell region they are welcome to follow you, do this on a daily base. As you probably guessed you need a lot of endurance for that. Today I saw a mid repeatedly "spamming" region and advice chat to join his bg. Some tards/trolls responded with stfu and stop spamming chats. As far as I remember they also flamed giosakis when he camed back from alb instead to cheer him up for coming back.

Lack of leadership is a fraudulent excuse...people step up and lead all the time, it's simply easier to run to where the relics/FOTM Class/es are, population is, etc.....I see people on all realms yelling the same crap at BG's and their leaders, no more nor less on mid. People go to the path of least resistance; that isn't MID.

rofl what? So if it's not about leadership, does relics change the realm magically?

They literally told you why. Are you ignoring what they said for a reason?

Lack of FOTM classes, harder time to level/make gold, lack of population atm... like he already told you, people who game tend to be the type of person to go where they have it easiest.. right now that isn't on Mid. Sure there are people around, like me and my buddy, who would prefer to play on the underpopulated realm but that is the rare people, most want the easy life which I understand, after work, school, or life, sometimes people just want to relax.

Re: sooooo Midgard is dying

Koros wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 2:22 AM
Azrael wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 2:15 AM
mattymc wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 1:49 AM
Lack of leadership is a fraudulent excuse...people step up and lead all the time, it's simply easier to run to where the relics/FOTM Class/es are, population is, etc.....I see people on all realms yelling the same crap at BG's and their leaders, no more nor less on mid. People go to the path of least resistance; that isn't MID.

rofl what? So if it's not about leadership, does relics change the realm magically?

They literally told you why. Are you ignoring what they said for a reason?

Lack of FOTM classes, harder time to level/make gold, lack of population atm... like he already told you, people who game tend to be the type of person to go where they have it easiest.. right now that isn't on Mid. Sure there are people around, like me and my buddy, who would prefer to play on the underpopulated realm but that is the rare people, most want the easy life which I understand, after work, school, or life, sometimes people just want to relax.

Sure, a lot of people want to go the easy route but with that logic the realm who gets the relic first after a server start should never ever lose them because it is the winner realm?!?
Only what I can understand it that it is more difficult to get easy money (dunno about DS) but should not matter at all on this server settings. Every realm has fotm classes so that makes also no sense to me. Also there is no difference in terms of leveling, so no, I do not see your point.

Return to “RvR”