OF switch

Started 17 Sep 2019
by Keelia
in RvR
Since the population is at an all time low maybe it’s time to switch back to OF. With the implementation of GvG the 8 mans can see each other and avoid the Zerg who will more than likely camp mike gates. This change might also bring some of the population back as a lot of people left because of NF.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:20 PM by falcon
Keelia wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 2:54 PM
Since the population is at an all time low maybe it’s time to switch back to OF. With the implementation of GvG the 8 mans can see each other and avoid the Zerg who will more than likely camp mike gates. This change might also bring some of the population back as a lot of people left because of NF.

Whatever u do, a % of population will not be happy and left (you are right if OF back maybe 500 old players will come back I'm sure ! but 1000 others me first will quit :p )

When population decrease all must be done to help Zerg to find each others and NF is perfect for that ^^ (the game was created for RVR, other games in arena are maybe much more good for u ^^) I don't want to spent all my evening camping amg anymore...

But I'm agree we should have small area when population are very low and zerg at bed to have fun, BG need a up, what about molvik open only few hours a day (or 1 day a week) for all levels/ranks to avoid we spend 100% of our time inside ? ^^
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:26 PM by Kaziera
Keelia wrote:

No. Of sucks. Learn nf dynamics and Maps.

Pop is low because of wow and summer. Stop annoying ppls.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:45 PM by Keelia
Kaziera wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:26 PM
Keelia wrote:

Easy there slick, that is your opinion, in which you are entitled to, but this was advertised as a CLASSIC server. NF is not classic.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 9:00 PM by gotwqqd
They are not going back due to update issues
Tue 17 Sep 2019 9:24 PM by Altocolle
I quit for NF...
Tue 17 Sep 2019 11:43 PM by Keelia
Altocolle wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 9:24 PM
I quit for NF...

As in you quit because of NF?
Wed 18 Sep 2019 9:10 AM by Uthred
We will not switch back to OF.

On the one hand the voting was very clear, on the other hand there are some technial reasons why we wont do it. I think Schaf just posted it yesterday in the "changes"-thread.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:26 AM by inoeth
OF sucks even with low pop ... god they try it again and agan and again.....
i htink many would quit if of was back in, myself included
2/3 of the pop voted against OF, you would fk them up
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:34 AM by elninost0rm
I know my group would probably quit if they go BACK to OF, so there's an anecdotal counterpoint.

Like the second poster in this thread said, you can't please everyone. The Freeshard Bleed is standard and does not have much to do with the devs or what they are or aren't doing. The folks here have done a good job, almost objectively better than anyone before them in terms of listening to feedback and trying to make the server the best it could be with tons of custom QoL changes, events, etc.

It's just the natural cycle for ALL of these severs to eventually wane. The question is at what point do they hit the floor. In the case of Uthgard, that floor is unplayable. If here, that could very well be playable, depending on the number. Devil is in the details.

tl;dr - no need to make random, drastic changes in an effort to bring people back, because it has never nor will it ever work. People want shiny and new, which is why the talk of a seasonal / progression server has caused so much buzz over the years.

Not to mention the only reason you made this post is because you probably spent half the night chasing down our 6-man with nothing else to kill and wondering why we weren't fighting, then sending Lt. Mongo into Discord to fight your battles for you.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 12:34 PM by knarfknarf
Ya unfortunately it’s too late to tak about OF. The majority of players that quit when NF came out would most likely not come back, A good portion of current players would probably quit causing even more decline. The Server isn’t going to get many new people coming to it anymore, since it’s far from a classic vibe. Not sure what they really can do anymore to hold off the decline. Feel bad for my NA players though, pop is dead compared to EU, where there’s a couple 8man and mainly zergs...
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:10 PM by Keelia
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:34 AM
I know my group would probably quit if they go BACK to OF, so there's an anecdotal counterpoint.

Like the second poster in this thread said, you can't please everyone. The Freeshard Bleed is standard and does not have much to do with the devs or what they are or aren't doing. The folks here have done a good job, almost objectively better than anyone before them in terms of listening to feedback and trying to make the server the best it could be with tons of custom QoL changes, events, etc.

It's just the natural cycle for ALL of these severs to eventually wane. The question is at what point do they hit the floor. In the case of Uthgard, that floor is unplayable. If here, that could very well be playable, depending on the number. Devil is in the details.

tl;dr - no need to make random, drastic changes in an effort to bring people back, because it has never nor will it ever work. People want shiny and new, which is why the talk of a seasonal / progression server has caused so much buzz over the years.

Not to mention the only reason you made this post is because you probably spent half the night chasing down our 6-man with nothing else to kill and wondering why we weren't fighting, then sending Lt. Mongo into Discord to fight your battles for you.

6 or 8 your group will still get easily rolled. We spent the night chasing down every alb group dodging. Not running 8 and running 6 isn’t s small man nor is it a 8 man, it’s a cop out excuse for not having to fight 8 mans and being able to easily roll true small mans.

Fact is your group was trash when you ran hib as keyboard turners, you would dodge and run to towers mid fight against our albs only to add on us later and still die. You are the same on albs. Even when you have 8 we have watched you purposely move zones when we hit a new zone. We move to where you went, and oh what a surprise you’re on a boat again. You don’t run 8 because you can’t compete at that level. If you could you would make a 8 man and fight the other 8 mans out.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:11 PM by Gaven
OF sucks, NF castles and sieges are alot more fun if you want small pvp you might wanna go wow arenas or something?
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:38 PM by elninost0rm
Keelia wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:10 PM
elninost0rm wrote:

6 or 8 your group will still get easily rolled. We spent the night chasing down every alb group dodging. Not running 8 and running 6 isn’t s small man nor is it a 8 man, it’s a cop out excuse for not having to fight 8 mans and being able to easily roll true small mans.

Fact is your group was trash when you ran hib as keyboard turners, you would dodge and run to towers mid fight against our albs only to add on us later and still die. You are the same on albs. Even when you have 8 we have watched you purposely move zones when we hit a new zone. We move to where you went, and oh what a surprise you’re on a boat again. You don’t run 8 because you can’t compete at that level. If you could you would make a 8 man and fight the other 8 mans out.

Selective memory, but not a big deal. We definitely killed you several times cleanly while you were on your Albs (hib coast running down by the graveyard comes to mind, but omit it if you wish), and you killed us too plenty. You jammed us and we jammed you. It's always been the way of things since as long as the game as been around. All in good fun.

I don't think we've beaten you yet on your Hibs when we've fought with 8, but we'll get there. Your group has issues just as ours does. We are a pretty tight-knit group that has been playing together for 5-6 years now and we don't like pugging randoms, so it's not really an "excuse," but we just play the game however is most optimal on a given night. That usually means running with what we have and trying to stay alive. That includes running from mostly any 8-man. Your group is not a special dodge or something.

Hope that clears some things up. Have a good one. There wouldn't have been any animosity if legendary C-team Unkfuz didn't come in and start shit for no reason.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:47 PM by Keelia
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:38 PM
Keelia wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:

Selective memory, but not a big deal. We definitely killed you several times cleanly while you were on your Albs, and you killed us too plenty. You jammed us and we jammed you. It's always been the way of things since as long as the game as been around. All in good fun.

I don't think we've beaten you yet on your Hibs when we've fought with 8, but we'll get there. Your group has issues just as ours does. We are a pretty tight-knit group and we don't like pugging randoms, so it's not really an "excuse," but we just play the game however is most optimal on a given night. That usually means running with what we have and trying to stay alive. That includes running from mostly any 8-man. Your group is not a special dodge or something.

Hope that clears some things up. Have a good one. There wouldn't have been any animosity if legendary C-team Unkfuz didn't come in and start shit for no reason.

You beat our albs maybe one time I can remember and that was by the alb cemetery and you vultured us right after we fought a mid group. You can have that win fighting a group with everything down and has no power. Chalk that up as a solid win. We jammed you because you jammed us, we don’t just jam people for no reason. I can remember a fight in which you were loosing so you sosed to a tower with Thug pets then tried to re engage after we had guard agro, dirty move. Couldn’t beat us straight up so let’s get tower guards involved. If a group pulls some dirty lame move like that we loose all respec for you. Also you don’t pull off when the another group gets adds, multiple fights we’d be fighting only to get added by another group and you continue to stay engaged and fight 16v8. It’s pretty known amongst the other 8 man that you break when there are adds. And if it’s another realm adding you wipe the adders and move on to fight later. Done this many times fighting with the other 8 mans. We’re a tight nit group as well but we like to 8 man so we’ll pug to make that happen. Not starting trash just posting the facts.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:48 PM by elninost0rm
Keelia wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:47 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Keelia wrote:

Selective memory, but not a big deal. We definitely killed you several times cleanly while you were on your Albs, and you killed us too plenty. You jammed us and we jammed you. It's always been the way of things since as long as the game as been around. All in good fun.

I don't think we've beaten you yet on your Hibs when we've fought with 8, but we'll get there. Your group has issues just as ours does. We are a pretty tight-knit group and we don't like pugging randoms, so it's not really an "excuse," but we just play the game however is most optimal on a given night. That usually means running with what we have and trying to stay alive. That includes running from mostly any 8-man. Your group is not a special dodge or something.

You beat our albs maybe one time I can remember and that was by the alb cemetery and you vultured us right after we fought a mid group. You can have that win fighting a group with everything down and has no power. Chalk that up as a solid win. We jammed you because you jammed us, we don’t just jam people for no reason. I can remember a fight in which you were loosing so you sosed to a tower with Thug pets then tried to re engage after we had guard agro, dirty move. Couldn’t beat us straight up so let’s get tower guards involved. If a group pulls some dirty lame move like that we loose all respec for you. Also you don’t pull off when the another group gets adds, multiple fights we’d be fighting only to get added by another group and you continue to stay engaged and fight 16v8. It’s pretty known amongst the other 8 man that you break when there are adds. And if it’s another realm adding you wipe the adders and move on to fight later. Done this many times fighting with the other 8 mans. We’re a tight nit group as well but we like to 8 man so we’ll pug to make that happen. Not starting trash just posting the facts.

Okay man, whatever you say.

Consider "all respec loost" I guess.

Take care.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:49 PM by Keelia
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:48 PM
Keelia wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:

Take care.

Just don’t play like trash and you won’t get treated like it
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:52 PM by elninost0rm
Keelia wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:49 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:48 PM
Keelia wrote:

Take care.

Just don’t play like trash and you won’t get treated like it

If only all those "trash" zergers (your words) saw it your way, you might have some things to fight in a month or two. Shame it won't go down that way, though.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 3:07 PM by Goforit
Keelia wrote:

Lol. Same procedure as last time?
This topic is done.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 3:19 PM by shintacki
Why does every single thread on this forum devolve into an epeen measuring contest? And usually with keelia in the center of it. We get you all 8man, youre not special. These forums all suck now because of you jabronis.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 3:27 PM by chryso
shintacki wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 3:19 PM
Why does every single thread on this forum devolve into an epeen measuring contest? And usually with keelia in the center of it. We get you all 8man, youre not special. These forums all suck now because of you jabronis.

While I agree that they are jabronis, I disagree about what every thread devolves into. I think they all devolve into realm timer whines.
(Give this one a couple more pages and it will show up.)
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:09 PM by Keelia
chryso wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 3:27 PM
shintacki wrote:

While a agree that they are jabronis, I disagree about what every thread devolves into. I think they all devolve into realm timer whines.
(Give this one a couple more pages and it will show up.)

REALM TIMER!!!!!
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:13 PM by Azuell
shintacki wrote:

I enjoy listening to them whine about getting zerged while having no issue rolling solos and small mans with the rationale being they were going to add us anyways.

First of all it's far easier to avoid a zerg as an 8 man than avoiding a fg as a solo or small man.

Secondly, there will always be people that add but shouldn't you be more upset with the group you are fighting for not pulling off when there is an add? If the group doesn't pull off they probably aren't a legit 8 man and you should be able to handle them and the adds anyways.

Running as a duo we welcome fights against groups of 3 or 4 and have killed groups of 5 even. And that is 5 people who are actually grouped not just a total of 5 people who happen to be chasing us together. Maybe these 8 mans aren't as good as they think or don't like a challenge.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:40 PM by Keelia
We can handle most fights with adds, and most pugs we can handle getting completely AJed by another trash group. What we can’t handle is 60+ sosing into you blowing every RA and insta known to man.

A small man can dodge a 8 man in the EXACT same way a 8 man can dodge the Zerg. It’s literally the same thing.

We respect the other respectful 8 mans, seriously could care less about your small man or solo. Don’t like the way we play, so be it, get a group and kill us.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:49 PM by shintacki
Its not exactly the same for a smallman to try and dodge an 8man as it is for an 8man to dodge a zerg. For one thing you pretty much always know where the zergs are so you can just avoid that keep or general area. 8mans roam all over and you never know when one will turn a corner. I've encountered 8mans in some weird ass places I wouldn't have expected anyone to be.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 5:34 PM by chryso
Azuell wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:13 PM
shouldn't you be more upset with the group you are fighting for not pulling off when there is an add?

I am amazed at the ability to tell that quickly that someone is adding on a fight.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 10:24 PM by Azuell
Keelia wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 4:40 PM
We can handle most fights with adds, and most pugs we can handle getting completely AJed by another trash group. What we can’t handle is 60+ sosing into you blowing every RA and insta known to man.

A small man can dodge a 8 man in the EXACT same way a 8 man can dodge the Zerg. It’s literally the same thing.

We respect the other respectful 8 mans, seriously could care less about your small man or solo. Don’t like the way we play, so be it, get a group and kill us.

Don't like the way the zerg plays, so be it, join your zerg and kill it.

See how that works? I'm not the one complaining in every thread about getting zerged. The zerg always zergs, that's why it's called zerging. You should expect it. I expect better from 8 mans but I guess none of y'all are real 8 mans, just a group that happens to have 8 players.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 10:45 PM by Azuell
Also, it is super easy to dodge the zerg. I've probably died to the zerg less than 5 times on this server and half the time we're running on caster speed. That's why I don't get so worked up about all the free rps they get because it doesn't affect me. And when you do come across people that have earned their RRs running with the zerg, the RR differential is negated by the lower skill level because running with the zerg doesn't teach you how to fight with smaller numbers.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 11:42 PM by Freedomcall
8 man being zerged by BG is just the same thing as smallmen being zerged by 8man, and solos being zerged by small men.
Every complain 8-mans do about zerg can be rebutted by smallmen/solos do about 8man.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 12:51 AM by eclipse2k
Keelia wrote:

Your own post tells you why OF is a bad idea.
The zerg will camp the mile gates.
It doesn't matter if I can see the other 8v8 groups due to /gvg list if they're on the "wrong" side of a mile gate camped by 50 animists, thanes, and wizards.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 3:59 AM by Iuppiter
1.) OF will not bring back players who preferred OF but will lose players who didn't like OF, as someone already stated.

2.) The justification is that now we have /gvg so groups can dodge the zergs? How is that not presently possible? NF is just as large and includes EV, where zergs (and adders) very rarely go unless there's a relic in tow (which is pretty obvious beforehand).

Conclusion: troll thread; only interested in lessening the options for fun zerg action since by OP's own admission he thinks zergs would only camp milegates to get action.
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:33 AM by Halcyon702
New Frontiers destroyed any potential this server had.
Tue 24 Sep 2019 2:40 AM by Freedomcall
Halcyon702 wrote:
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:33 AM
New Frontiers destroyed any potential this server had.

What potential? lol Is this a meme for OF? XD
Tue 24 Sep 2019 5:37 PM by inoeth
in fact NF is able to concentrate action to a small zone, the players just have to raid a keep to get a porter and if not you just have to get in a boat and join the action 2 min later. this was not possible in OF... at least not for hibernia.

please OF lovers just leave this perfect server and troll somewhere else!
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:10 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 5:37 PM
in fact NF is able to concentrate action to a small zone, the players just have to raid a keep to get a porter and if not you just have to get in a boat and join the action 2 min later. this was not possible in OF... at least not for hibernia.

There is not much left then if they should also go ;-)
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:17 AM by inoeth
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:10 AM
inoeth wrote:

doubt that
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:26 AM by Razur Ur
inoeth wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:17 AM
Razur Ur wrote:
inoeth wrote:

doubt that

Ich möchte meinen das OF Befürworter bestimmt 30% der gesamten Population aus macht, deswegen sollte man nicht gleich jeden zum Teufel schicken nur weil er OF
nach trauert! Weil jeder einzelne wo du meinst er soll aufhören ist wieder ein Mitspieler oder Gegner weniger auf dem Schlachtfeld!

Sorry für deutsch nur so gut kann ich mich auf english nicht ausdrückden in dem Fall.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:52 AM by BashPi
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:26 AM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 8:17 AM
Razur Ur wrote:

doubt that

Ich möchte meinen das OF Befürworter bestimmt 30% der gesamten Population aus macht, deswegen sollte man nicht gleich jeden zum Teufel schicken nur weil er OF
nach trauert! Weil jeder einzelne wo du meinst er soll aufhören ist wieder ein Mitspieler oder Gegner weniger auf dem Schlachtfeld!

Sorry für deutsch nur so gut kann ich mich auf english nicht ausdrückden in dem Fall.

--> Google translate

I would like to say that the OF proponent definitely makes 30% of the entire population, so you should not go to hell anyway just because he is OF
after mourning! Because every single one where you think he should stop is again a teammate or opponent less on the battlefield!

Sorry for German only so well I can not express myself in English in the case.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:56 AM by REVOLTE
wat labersch du.

also why is this thread not dead already? devs have states multiple times they are unfortunately not going to roll back to OF. end of story.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:23 AM by Razur Ur
BashPi wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:52 AM
--> Google translate

Google Translator is not always the best solution :-D
Wed 25 Sep 2019 11:24 AM by Razur Ur
REVOLTE wrote:
Wed 25 Sep 2019 9:56 AM
wat labersch du.

also why is this thread not dead already? devs have states multiple times they are unfortunately not going to roll back to OF. end of story.

That can i ask you too :-)
Thu 3 Oct 2019 6:45 PM by 2flare
Honestly, the Devs may not like my opinion but I think the mere idea of suggesting a change was the death blow of this server. When this server launched, we were expecting a classic server which meant OF. Alot of us, had we known, it was going to be NF, would not have ever joined in the 1st place.

But IMO, the day they announced "hey we're thinking of switching to NF. What do you guys think", is the day they split the community. After this people threatening to quit on EITHER side of the choice. There was no going back after that...a losing proposition either way it turned out.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 4:56 PM by Freudinio
Kaziera wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:26 PM
Keelia wrote:

Learn to not be bad at OF.

See, I can make ignorant statements too.

Have fun waiting for people to come back. Spoiler alert; they won't.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 11:14 AM by inoeth
2flare wrote:
Thu 3 Oct 2019 6:45 PM
Honestly, the Devs may not like my opinion but I think the mere idea of suggesting a change was the death blow of this server. When this server launched, we were expecting a classic server which meant OF. Alot of us, had we known, it was going to be NF, would not have ever joined in the 1st place.

But IMO, the day they announced "hey we're thinking of switching to NF. What do you guys think", is the day they split the community. After this people threatening to quit on EITHER side of the choice. There was no going back after that...a losing proposition either way it turned out.

i think very few ppl really joined this server because of OF. most ppl just didnt want to play live anymore because of obvious reasons and therefore joined a freeshard to get "their game back". this shard had the downside of OF, which was thankfully changed to the much better NF, but didnt matter at the point of joining. the reason why we are not 3k players anymore is that its a normal procedure which has happened to all freeshards in the past and has nothing to do with NF. guys really... face it, your not going to get back the old fronier, which was only acceptable playable for very few players. im talking of set grps here, casuals solos and hibs were just fucked. i know you guys dont care, but thankfully nobody cares about you too ;D
Thu 7 Nov 2019 1:29 PM by Siouxsie
I think it may be in the best interests of Phoenix GMs to find those accounts that are now long idle and perhaps send a friendly email asking why that person no longer plays on the server, then they can get a better idea of what went wrong or the reasons why people left.

I have a few theories though.. the biggest population drop happened in May shortly after the salvage loot nerf and the charges nerf. That was when the population dropped below 2000 and this was *before* the switch to NF.

However, so much has changed since then. The server was a completely different beast in February-March than it is now.
I don't think we'll ever get those people back, but it would be nice to know why they left.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:59 PM by Ardri
Siouxsie wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 1:29 PM
I think it may be in the best interests of Phoenix GMs to find those accounts that are now long idle and perhaps send a friendly email asking why that person no longer plays on the server, then they can get a better idea of what went wrong or the reasons why people left.

I have a few theories though.. the biggest population drop happened in May shortly after the salvage loot nerf and the charges nerf. That was when the population dropped below 2000 and this was *before* the switch to NF.

However, so much has changed since then. The server was a completely different beast in February-March than it is now.
I don't think we'll ever get those people back, but it would be nice to know why they left.

How is everyone this naive? The server was 1-6months old then. Everyone loves a fresh start with that "new" release feel. But after awhile nostalgia wears off and the same thing gets stale. Actual new games are released and people move on. It doesn't matter the ruleset, the pop will always drop.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 1:45 PM by superallywatp1
Is there a way that OF an be brought back but without an influence on the NF zones I.E. keeps and bonuses etc?

I joined recently as i still assumed OF was available and love it... but without OF the game does not appeal to me so much
Sun 17 Nov 2019 2:35 PM by 2flare
Siouxsie wrote:

I left because :

1) NF
2) Salvage nerf
3) Moderna nerf.

Pretty much anything they could do to ruin the server!
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:36 PM by thirian24
Siouxsie wrote:

Maybe some of them left because you're always adding fights 24/7 and generally playing like garbage.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:55 PM by thirian24
In reality, like Ardri said, people leave for various reason. The nostalgia wore off, certain patches, nerfs, their friends leave, boredom, they can't compete, RL gets in the way, certain RL seasons keep people outside more and most importantly IMHO.. there's nothing more to do or accomplish. This is why Live changed so much over the years. To keep things fresh and people's attention drawn in. No matter what people say.. nobody likes a stale server ruleset. If they did, Uthgard would be BOOMING. People like new things. They want to have something to do in-game other than the same old shit.

The Epic dungeons were fine for awhile. But they got old real fast. Now they are rarely done. HOH and DS are still fine for that quick run to grab some feathers, but nonetheless, boring.

I mainly love to RvR. 99% of my time is dedicated to the solo sneak game on my NS. I love it. BUT, I also get frustrated at the current state of RvR because of adders, getting zerged down and stealth groups. I also like to small man, but run into the same frustrations. SO, for me, I wish their was something else to occupy my time during these shitty RvR times (mainly EU prime). If people had other options of things to do, perhaps we wouldn't see people logging off when RvR is shit because they have nothing else to do.

Just my 2 cents.
Hwwaatt
Sun 17 Nov 2019 11:09 PM by superallywatp1
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:55 PM
In reality, like Ardri said, people leave for various reason. The nostalgia wore off, certain patches, nerfs, their friends leave, boredom, they can't compete, RL gets in the way, certain RL seasons keep people outside more and most importantly IMHO.. there's nothing more to do or accomplish. This is why Live changed so much over the years. To keep things fresh and people's attention drawn in. No matter what people say.. nobody likes a stale server ruleset. If they did, Uthgard would be BOOMING. People like new things. They want to have something to do in-game other than the same old shit.

The Epic dungeons were fine for awhile. But they got old real fast. Now they are rarely done. HOH and DS are still fine for that quick run to grab some feathers, but nonetheless, boring.

I mainly love to RvR. 99% of my time is dedicated to the solo sneak game on my NS. I love it. BUT, I also get frustrated at the current state of RvR because of adders, getting zerged down and stealth groups. I also like to small man, but run into the same frustrations. SO, for me, I wish their was something else to occupy my time during these shitty RvR times (mainly EU prime). If people had other options of things to do, perhaps we wouldn't see people logging off when RvR is shit because they have nothing else to do.

Just my 2 cents.
Hwwaatt

This is the type of thing OF (imo) was better for. Albion and Midgard frontiers always served up decent stealther fights and with NF being the new alpha territory it would still give people who preferred it an option to play there, as I mentioned before without the need for changing anything.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 11:18 PM by shintacki
superallywatp1 wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 1:45 PM
Is there a way that OF an be brought back but without an influence on the NF zones I.E. keeps and bonuses etc?

I joined recently as i still assumed OF was available and love it... but without OF the game does not appeal to me so much

I'm pretty sure the devs have said numerous times that we can't go back to OF at all, period. It has something to do with how Phoenix has its client linked to live and at some point live had an update that made running OF here very difficult or even impossible. Or something like that.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 12:32 PM by bigne88
Id make a second shard with OF and pull there all the stealthers from phoenix, than lock the door and never look back.
Yes, a stealther's ghetto.
To entertain them a bit more, devs could add some grey bots that pretends to be exping in fz.

#freephoenixfromstealtherplague
Tue 19 Nov 2019 7:51 AM by daytonchambers
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 12:32 PM
Id make a second shard with OF and pull there all the stealthers from phoenix, than lock the door and never look back.
Yes, a stealther's ghetto.
To entertain them a bit more, devs could add some grey bots that pretends to be exping in fz.

#freephoenixfromstealtherplague

Ten times out of ten when a visible 8 or small-man encounter an XPer or solo player they kill them with zero hesitation.

Your stealther whine is stupid, you're flinging poop bare-handed and no matter who you hit you still have it all over yourself.
Tue 19 Nov 2019 8:15 AM by Siouxsie
thirian24 wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 3:36 PM
Maybe some of them left because you're always adding fights 24/7 and generally playing like garbage.

OK for you to add on fights but not others. /rofl
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics