Lowest N American Numbers So Far

Started 24 Jun 2021
by Komaf
in PvE
Title says it. Anyone think this is due to TBC Classic?
Thu 24 Jun 2021 1:30 AM by ExcretusMaximus
North American numbers have always been lower than European; couple that with the pandemic "ending," it being summer, and the server being "old" and you're seeing the numbers we should have had a year ago, but got lucky with because everyone was locked inside.
Thu 24 Jun 2021 6:55 PM by Komaf
Good point. 2 pm Chicago time and I'm seeing 350-450ish per realm for Euro and the US unemployed/night shifters.

By the time dinner ends for me today the server will be dead. Sadly. At least someone gets to play the game more so as it was intended. Lucky them
Fri 25 Jun 2021 1:41 AM by boridi
Komaf wrote:
Thu 24 Jun 2021 6:55 PM
Good point. 2 pm Chicago time and I'm seeing 350-450ish per realm for Euro and the US unemployed/night shifters.

or US play-at-work shifters
Fri 25 Jun 2021 4:55 PM by Komaf
boridi wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 1:41 AM
Komaf wrote:
Thu 24 Jun 2021 6:55 PM

or US play-at-work shifters

HA! Lucky
Mon 28 Jun 2021 5:26 PM by borodino1812
I play at Euro hours, so the decline is not so harsh. For me though, that the server is "old" has somewhat gotten to me. I find it hard to motivate myself to log on these days. Summer is coming, and the lure of daoc is not so strong anymore. It feels a bit stale, and that is obviously not the fault of the devs, but the server is entering the "twilight zone".

It is perhaps a natural thing.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 9:00 AM by byron
The server status should be evaluated after the summer imho. The summer, especially in the southern europen countries, is a serious stuff for vacations, go outside, etc..
Mon 5 Jul 2021 12:56 PM by Komaf
I guess what makes it all the more difficult to accept so small a player base, is that no one has done anything close to DAoC. Elder Scrolls Online was just 3 mirrored factions, where race was purely cosmetic. The whole be a vampire/werewolf thing added even more cheese, and the pvp aspect looks terrible.

I had high hopes for Camelot Unchained, but a few years ago even I began to realize it was vaporware, the real goal being to market a new game engine while posing as DAoC 2. The fact they literally just built a pvp game and every video was an open field or the same castle with 10 year old rendering, was just awful.

Anyway, shame no one has the $ or the interest to build a 3-4 faction mmorpg with medieval flavor, and factions that have their own geographical location for questing/grinding to end game, as opposed to forced quest sharing with another faction in order to 'prompt' pvp that in no way supports the faction you are on.

Perhaps in ten years or so, someone will come up with something.

Here's to hoping.
Thu 8 Jul 2021 5:27 PM by dougrighteous1
devs get all credit for server but rarely any blame. they spend more time banning and nerfing names than fixing problems.

their events bring in so much action, yet receive such little support its confusing. have you ever seen any dev interact with people during an event other than threaten to ban people for hiding in chimneys? Set anything unique up? There's not 6 million active subs playing this game, there's a couple thousand people. This weird faux professional setting gimmick can go.
Fri 9 Jul 2021 5:39 AM by Sepplord
dougrighteous1 wrote:
Thu 8 Jul 2021 5:27 PM
devs get all credit for server but rarely any blame

Lost me right there, already...
They definitely get much more blame than praise
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics