Purple Farming

Started 30 Nov 2020
by Dioc
in PvE
Which class has the easiest time farming purples for level 50/51 rogs? Is it basically necro, animist, bone dancer for their respective realms?
Tue 1 Dec 2020 7:32 PM by Astaa
You're better off farming OJs and salvaging/making new ROGs, high ROGs that are actually useful only drop from very high mobs, generally and even then, very rarely. I binned my exp capped animist in favour of my ranger, 3 shot oranges over and over, while stood still watching movies. You get more metal/RF so better salvage too. I got over 1000 dust and arcanite on Sunday on my ranger, plus about 6 plat in exp items.
Fri 4 Dec 2020 10:31 AM by Centenario
Rogs means random object generator.

Its not clear is you are asking about jewelry rogs for dust or armor or weapon rogs.

I play mostly on alb, I usually farm on a reaver, because the loot system means I can get slash/thrust/crush/flex weapons, metal from mail armor, and as much jewelry as any other class. Maybe i'd get less jewelry because I have so much options for the item to drop as. Or I get more loot cause there are so many options, its not clear how it works.

Anyway, I farm as reaver cause i can make more gold from MP-LT weapons, armor metal salvage, and the mob killing time is great:
slam-levia-levia-levia = dead.

For sure its easier to farm as caster/kiter/archer, but you wont get as good items.
There is a reason why on Mid the best farmer is shaman, its because of mail armor and hammers.
Fri 4 Dec 2020 9:41 PM by Parole
You can farm purple mobs in SI on a minstrel (not inside Sidi) pretty easy with the right pet.
Sun 6 Dec 2020 9:06 AM by Catkain
You can farm purple mobs in SI (not inside TG) as a skald. Pretty easy with IP3, SOS, FA2, Legion heal, heal pots and a hint of luck.
Mon 7 Dec 2020 6:43 PM by Valaraukar
You can farm pretty easy everywhere, unless you are on Mid. On Mid you will farm with painful labor, no matter the class or the place
Thu 10 Dec 2020 7:42 AM by Patron
For single purple farming or red in permachain i want suggest Valewalker.
You should not invest potions except buffpotions and should not generate more costs. A tinder to get up back is a option.

You asked for the easiest way and its no class easier vs single high mobs than VW.
Good absorb, good dmg, good survivabilities and easy to play vs mobs. Even when ure drunk....

Idol spot at southeast of Breifine is very nice... And you get some visit from time to time
I found my Herocloak with 82 Util there and various MP weapons!
Fri 11 Dec 2020 11:03 AM by keen
Patron wrote:
Thu 10 Dec 2020 7:42 AM
and various MP weapons!
weapon rogs are caped at lvl51 mobs. there is no benefit killing higher lvl mobs for weapon farming. it's for jewellery only.
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:32 AM by Siouxsie
Someone in another post (I think it was on Midgard forum) said Hunters can do purple solos by charming a level 16-17 arachite priests.
Problem is, they only hit for 120 hitpoints and ONLY if your health drops below 50%, so kind of useless for farming.

I seem to remember bone army spec on BD worked well for red/purple mobs but have not tested in 18 months, and given how nerfed bonedancers are now it probably doesn't work anymore.

(Of course necros imbalance never gets addressed)
Sun 27 Dec 2020 3:10 PM by gromet12
Siouxsie wrote:
Sat 26 Dec 2020 11:32 AM
Someone in another post (I think it was on Midgard forum) said Hunters can do purple solos by charming a level 16-17 arachite priests.
Problem is, they only hit for 120 hitpoints and ONLY if your health drops below 50%, so kind of useless for farming.

I seem to remember bone army spec on BD worked well for red/purple mobs but have not tested in 18 months, and given how nerfed bonedancers are now it probably doesn't work anymore.

(Of course necros imbalance never gets addressed)

They are great for leveling but after that I never used priest for the heals because of the above

I also think the Hunter is one of the best farmers on mid even without the priest. Farming is about kill speed but also the cost to farm for me, with the hunter I can make dex/endo pots cheaply vs combined (my alc never got that high), drop a tinder down and the hunter can reasonably chain pull using the pet self buffed to add vs the priest. The tinder adds to the pets dmg, red+ are the only ones that make into range unless you get some unforeseen misses. The hunter just needs less to farm fast on mid
Tue 26 Jan 2021 7:20 PM by joshisanonymous
I've farmed purples with both a supp BD and summoning SM. Neither is particularly fast. The bonus with the supp BD is you can just do something else while farming because you barely have to watch the screen. The bonus with summoning SM is that it's relatively more interesting to play. Also, you can use the same SM to focus pull tons of blues and such for task items to sell.

I suspect warriors are decent for farming purples, too, but I've never tried. But I mean, my aug healer can farm reds no problem, so why not a warrior for purples?
Tue 23 Mar 2021 1:54 AM by Drakonus
Astaa wrote:
Tue 1 Dec 2020 7:32 PM
You're better off farming OJs and salvaging/making new ROGs

you can make rog's??. sry not done crafting yet about to.
Tue 23 Mar 2021 2:30 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Drakonus wrote:
Tue 23 Mar 2021 1:54 AM
you can make rog's??. sry not done crafting yet about to.

Sure can! Though it's expensive.

Open up your Gemcutting menu and pick an item, then delve its recipe like any other craft.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics