Re: The hunter class and how is it on Phoenix

Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 3:06 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:50 PM
I costantly get added... what can I do?

seriously, what's the problem? The Hunter is my "lockdown" toon, I used it most while smartworking from home. Is it a problem for you?

So you are the great lone Hunter killing everyone everywhere? Don't make me laugh

Don't mind Horg. He got all his solo kills back when the game was Old frontiers, and non- or poorly-templated enemies would come down from the PKs like cattle to the slaughter.

Nowadays, with RR11 visible alb and hib groups roaming around, there is no solo action any more. Any fight you start, either you get added on or die, or your realm mates add on and you don't get a solo kill.

At flags, you get zerged by 5-man ranger groups of lurikeens that all look the same with that drab brown armor and if you try to kill one, the other 4 shoot you down in seconds.

Or.. you get 8 man alb/hib groups with stealth lore pots who circle around flags and pop stealthers. The hib groups will have a nightshade or overpowered shar melee ranger with them to pop you out of stealth so they can murder you in 0.04 seconds.

Or.. you get zerged by RR11 infiltrators with a minstrel buddy.

The only place you can "solo" is the PVP zone.. but that's filled with overpowered champs, mercs, and nightshades and minstrels that are high RR.

So it's difficult to get any kinds of solo kills now. Sad but true.. I bet even Horg's solo kill rate has slowed down considerably.

that is by far not true lul
not sure why you try to bash me here after i gave you alot of advice...not my fault you since then did nothing of it. jealous?
you can check my herald stats, even though i only play like 3-4h a day i have quite a good amount of solo kills. last week i did 87 kills in total and 41 considered solo while dieing 60 times.
and yes i can kill rr11 infis in melee only
Horg solo rr9 Hunter Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 3:25 PM
not sure why you try to bash me here after i gave you alot of advice...not my fault you since then did nothing of it. jealous?
you can check my herald stats, even though i only play like 3-4h a day i have quite a good amount of solo kills. last week i did 87 kills in total and 41 considered solo while dieing 60 times.

Not bashing you, just telling you how it is out in NF zones.
(and yes, this is mostly EU prime time)

The game demographic has shifted considerably towards Alb and Hib now. Anyone who has stayed after the change to New Frontiers, and removal of charge buffs working properly, and the salvage nerf (after May 2019), now has really high realm rank toons and they never run solo.. if they do, it's a rare thing. Yes, you can get solo kills but more than half the time you get zerged down by a stealth-lore pot 5-8 man hib/alb group zooming around the flag or dock.. those places are just bad.

It used to be easier, but so many groups thirsty for RPs they are reverting to stealthlore pots to pop stealthers so they can make 100 rp in a kill.

Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 2:18 PM
inoeth wrote:

The game demographic has shifted considerably towards Alb and Hib now. Anyone who has stayed after the change to New Frontiers, and removal of charge buffs working properly, and the salvage nerf (after May 2019), now has really high realm rank toons and they never run solo.. if they do, it's a rare thing. Yes, you can get solo kills but more than half the time you get zerged down by a stealth-lore pot 5-8 man hib/alb group zooming around the flag or dock.. those places are just bad.

It used to be easier, but so many groups thirsty for RPs they are reverting to stealthlore pots to pop stealthers so they can make 100 rp in a kill.

I know soloing is alot harder now, than it was.. But.. Where would one go now, to try and get some reliable 1v1-2 action?
Hi.

Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 2:18 PM
inoeth wrote:

you are talking like i would never play in rvr zones, in fact i never go to the pvp nor the 1v1 zones....
yeah you get farmed alot but only on prime time. and when things get too stupid is just log out.
Horg solo rr9 Hunter Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 2:31 PM
you are talking like i would never play in rvr zones, in fact i never go to the pvp nor the 1v1 zones....
yeah you get farmed alot but only on prime time. and when things get too stupid is just log out.

Things have been getting stupid for months now.

I play in this server from The lockdown
At the start I did with my dwarf hunter 42 beast craft 27 bow 44 sword(yes I liked sword from live) then when archery change arrived... I tried with 39 spear and 35 bow, I was still doing well, but maybe better with the bow.
But at the 5L I have made the best balance spec that a hunter can do, 40 bow 40 bc 39 spear.
Nice dmg with bow, still nice dmg with spear, no more red af buff but yellow.
As Ras ip 3 purge 3 and I had moa high, but at the nerf of moa needed to respec to get other.. But rerolled other toon

Return to “PvE”