Re: The hunter class and how is it on Phoenix

kratoxin wrote:
Mon 27 Jul 2020 5:00 PM
I mained a hunter on live up to rr11, trying to get a good footing here now and going solo mode. Maybe i can get some good tips from the pros?

so i tried out different specs and think this spec might be really good even when i'm 3L8 atm

39 spear, 42 BC, 36 stealth (will lower as i rank up), 37 bow (will increase as i rank up).

as for RA's is MoPain5 a good stand still? i'm trying to mainly go for Melee standpoint as i run into more sins than anything.

im aiming for Purge3, IP3 as a sticky when i get up there obviously.

LW1 -> Tire1 -> Purge3 -> IP3 -> pain5? -> Falcons eye -> aug dex etc?

another question using the styles, on live yellow endo i could spam the lvl 34 anytime without any issues on endo use, here it eats it alive... once i land the back stun/side ASR i start spamming my anytimer etc. should i be using the 34 style till about half endo then swap to the enrage/snare followup? THANKS GUYS !

other than that melee hunter here feels so much more comfortable here than live

<3 Adirtyquiver

I am running 44 spear 42 bc 35 stealth 32 bow on mine, and have good success solo if I pick the right targets. AS far as RA's, I wouldn't suggest falcon's eye nless you're a full sniper. A lot of your targets are going to be things with dex/qui debuffs items and people with ASR styles, so it is important to get mastery of arms and aug qui until you hit the cap at 250. Since you're stuck using pretty slow weapons it is really important. I spam my level 34 style with no problems, as long as you're not sprinting you'll be good. I haven't had any issues running out of endo with it. Good luck and see ya out there - Aielman
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 27 Jul 2020 5:34 PM
kratoxin wrote:
Mon 27 Jul 2020 5:00 PM
I mained a hunter on live up to rr11, trying to get a good footing here now and going solo mode. Maybe i can get some good tips from the pros?

so i tried out different specs and think this spec might be really good even when i'm 3L8 atm

39 spear, 42 BC, 36 stealth (will lower as i rank up), 37 bow (will increase as i rank up).

as for RA's is MoPain5 a good stand still? i'm trying to mainly go for Melee standpoint as i run into more sins than anything.

im aiming for Purge3, IP3 as a sticky when i get up there obviously.

LW1 -> Tire1 -> Purge3 -> IP3 -> pain5? -> Falcons eye -> aug dex etc?

another question using the styles, on live yellow endo i could spam the lvl 34 anytime without any issues on endo use, here it eats it alive... once i land the back stun/side ASR i start spamming my anytimer etc. should i be using the 34 style till about half endo then swap to the enrage/snare followup? THANKS GUYS !

other than that melee hunter here feels so much more comfortable here than live

<3 Adirtyquiver

I am running 44 spear 42 bc 35 stealth 32 bow on mine, and have good success solo if I pick the right targets. AS far as RA's, I wouldn't suggest falcon's eye nless you're a full sniper. A lot of your targets are going to be things with dex/qui debuffs items and people with ASR styles, so it is important to get mastery of arms and aug qui until you hit the cap at 250. Since you're stuck using pretty slow weapons it is really important. I spam my level 34 style with no problems, as long as you're not sprinting you'll be good. I haven't had any issues running out of endo with it. Good luck and see ya out there - Aielman

with the starting stats i did 15 quick, 10 dex. putting me at 256 quickness with yellow self buff and combined forces ill keep that in mind then and put arms and some more aug quick to help balance the debuffs out. figured falcons eye would help a little while the targets are coming towards me but ill hold off till later on in RR.
Adirtyquiver : Hunter 3L8
Jollygreenjerkk : Savage 6L2
Jollygreenpea : Enchanter 5L0
Jollyredbull : Reaver 4L6

inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:40 AM
why are you stuck to slow weapons?
thats not true! there are 3.9 thrusters and 4.3 slashers available and ofc i use them.

Well, I use the 4.0 dot spear but for the past week or so I have been trying to buy a rog Lt'er that's around that same speed. Have had zero luck farming it or buying it lol. So atm I am stuck having to swap to a much slower one after my dot procs go off.

Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:46 AM
inoeth wrote:
thats not true! there are 3.9 thrusters and 4.3 slashers available and ofc i use them.

Well, I use the 4.0 dot spear but for the past week or so I have been trying to buy a rog Lt'er that's around that same speed. Have had zero luck farming it or buying it lol. So atm I am stuck having to swap to a much slower one after my dot procs go off.

there is a 4.0 dot weapon? what is it called?
and yes fast lt weapons are rare... i payed alot for mine^^
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 11:44 AM
Forlornhope wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:46 AM
inoeth wrote:

there is a 4.0 dot weapon? what is it called?
and yes fast lt weapons are rare... i payed alot for mine^^

Shit that was totally a typo, my bad. The 4.7 feather weapon is what I use. I want to get a crafted slash/thruster to throw dots onto that as long as they stack as well. I swap to the fastest rog lt'er I've been able to get drop, which is also a 4.7 speed so it's not too bad. But still pretty shitty when you get dex/qui debuffed and when you get hit with an ASR.

i thought the slower the spear the harder you hit? so i should look for fast af spears and do the same dmg?

im using a 5.5 rog LT slash spear and a 5.4 dragon thruster
Adirtyquiver : Hunter 3L8
Jollygreenjerkk : Savage 6L2
Jollygreenpea : Enchanter 5L0
Jollyredbull : Reaver 4L6

kratoxin wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 2:15 PM
i thought the slower the spear the harder you hit? so i should look for fast af spears and do the same dmg?

im using a 5.5 rog LT slash spear and a 5.4 dragon thruster

that is basicly true but since dq debuff+asr is a thing here you end up with 3s swing speed where assassins hit you with 1.5s .... so basicly they do double the dmg
also if you miss or get evaded your damage over time reduction is massive
your best chance is to get a very fast weapon and try to inc sith side style or get the evade combo through + throw in a dq debuff charge
if you manage to get dq+asr on the enemy your chances are pretty high to walk away with him lying on the ground
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Valaraukar wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:50 PM
I costantly get added... what can I do?

seriously, what's the problem? The Hunter is my "lockdown" toon, I used it most while smartworking from home. Is it a problem for you?

So you are the great lone Hunter killing everyone everywhere? Don't make me laugh

Don't mind Horg. He got all his solo kills back when the game was Old frontiers, and non- or poorly-templated enemies would come down from the PKs like cattle to the slaughter.

Nowadays, with RR11 visible alb and hib groups roaming around, there is no solo action any more. Any fight you start, either you get added on or die, or your realm mates add on and you don't get a solo kill.

At flags, you get zerged by 5-man ranger groups of lurikeens that all look the same with that drab brown armor and if you try to kill one, the other 4 shoot you down in seconds.

Or.. you get 8 man alb/hib groups with stealth lore pots who circle around flags and pop stealthers. The hib groups will have a nightshade or overpowered shar melee ranger with them to pop you out of stealth so they can murder you in 0.04 seconds.

Or.. you get zerged by RR11 infiltrators with a minstrel buddy.

The only place you can "solo" is the PVP zone.. but that's filled with overpowered champs, mercs, and nightshades and minstrels that are high RR.

So it's difficult to get any kinds of solo kills now. Sad but true.. I bet even Horg's solo kill rate has slowed down considerably.

Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 3:06 PM
Valaraukar wrote:
Fri 24 Jul 2020 1:50 PM
I costantly get added... what can I do?

seriously, what's the problem? The Hunter is my "lockdown" toon, I used it most while smartworking from home. Is it a problem for you?

So you are the great lone Hunter killing everyone everywhere? Don't make me laugh

Don't mind Horg. He got all his solo kills back when the game was Old frontiers, and non- or poorly-templated enemies would come down from the PKs like cattle to the slaughter.

Nowadays, with RR11 visible alb and hib groups roaming around, there is no solo action any more. Any fight you start, either you get added on or die, or your realm mates add on and you don't get a solo kill.

At flags, you get zerged by 5-man ranger groups of lurikeens that all look the same with that drab brown armor and if you try to kill one, the other 4 shoot you down in seconds.

Or.. you get 8 man alb/hib groups with stealth lore pots who circle around flags and pop stealthers. The hib groups will have a nightshade or overpowered shar melee ranger with them to pop you out of stealth so they can murder you in 0.04 seconds.

Or.. you get zerged by RR11 infiltrators with a minstrel buddy.

The only place you can "solo" is the PVP zone.. but that's filled with overpowered champs, mercs, and nightshades and minstrels that are high RR.

So it's difficult to get any kinds of solo kills now. Sad but true.. I bet even Horg's solo kill rate has slowed down considerably.

Actually I hit 50 on the Hunter in March, soon after the lockdown started here in Italy...
And seriously I don't put myself at all amongst the best solo players on the server, I'm light years away... but I don't even care to be one of them or I would have rolled a SB not an Hunter.... I just enjoy the Hunter because i like bow as a weapon and love to wander the frontier stealthed
And yet cannot see why the 40 bow 39 spear 40bc spec would be one fit only for adding... I find it quite useful also in 1vs1 fights, both ranged and melee.
Finrod Felagund - Healer
Finwe Herufund - Thane
Fingon Aldaron - Hunter
Loegen TheBloodyNine - Berserker
Valaraukar Varulven - Bonedancer

GM of Dark Templars - Midgard Italian Guild
"Guldkrona jag passar ej på. Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå"

Return to “PvE”