Roadmap for lvl 50 stealther

Started 9 Jul 2020
by grerock
in PvE
Hi Phoenix community,

first some background infos about me: I played DAoC on EU from around 2001 to 2008 and later on again on Uthgard. What changed from back then is that I'm no core gamer anymore but due to family/work more like the definition of a casual gamer. I play about 7-8 hours a week and my game time basically can get interruped pretty instantly (kids).
Because of this, I aim for a solo friendly type of gameplay.

My goal is to get a lvl 50 stealther fully equipped ready for RvR. The plan to reach this goal is to lvl up a pve toon first for farming plat and then get the stealther to 50.
I have got some questions regarding this plan:
- What would be the best pve toon to reach this goal?
- What would be the best way to get a stealther to 50? Is it possible to PL a toon with exp items on this server? Or would I need to grind the stealther to 50?
- Any other hints or tips on this topic?

Realm does not really matter to me personally. If chances to get the plan running are equally on all three realms, I would join the underpopulated one.

Best regards,
Grerock
Thu 9 Jul 2020 8:59 PM by nicolashanscotte
All the 3 realm have farm plat toon, it could be Shaman or Bonedancer on Mid (where i am) if you plan to do solo , but you can easily join some raids and get stuffs quite easy.
Phoenix is still easy access for new player ,just play what you want to play.
Here ,Shadowblade are very often grouped for their deals that is good , i remenber my first infiltrator a long time ago on classic YS where find a group was a real .. challenge !
Thu 9 Jul 2020 9:54 PM by alex200k
You can always level up a shadowblade, spec 50 left axe, and learn the DS run, they seem to be wanted in DS along with berserkers
Fri 10 Jul 2020 3:44 AM by grerock
Thanks for your replys.

I've got some questions regarding them:

- on Mid, I already thought about rolling a shaman since they are solo and group viable in pve and pvp. How well do they perform in solo pve till level 50? I leveled one up on Camlann back in the day - it was pretty easy to kill yellow/orange con with cave spec but the mana time sink was quite heavy. On 50, I would AE dot pull + ae disease I guess? Doesn't BD also have access to AE dot? Wouldn't he be the better choice then?
- I also like the idea about leveling up a shadow blade directly to 50. About DS raids: How long do the take on average? Do I need decent gear first to join them? Is it easy to find a group for them during EU prime time?

Best regards,
Grerock
Fri 10 Jul 2020 6:42 AM by gotwqqd
Simple
Pick your stealther

If
Alb make cabby or necro
Hib make mentalist or shroom farmer
Mid make shaman or bd

While leveling the farming character(in frontiers from 12+) keep all the task items for stealth class to turn in.
Have your stealth character made and leveled to 7 or eight....20 minutes.
Each day supply the stealth character with task TOKENS from farm toon. Turn in 4 levels per day.

When you get to fifty with farming character you will have enough gold and items to aid your main.
Who will be fifty in a day or two because of all turn in items you have
Fri 10 Jul 2020 2:20 PM by tommccartney
Get your first char to level 35, and follow the salvaging guide under the crafting section of this forum. You should have enough gold by then(300g’ish). Salvage & trinket all useless RoG armour and weapons from this point and sell back to npc’s.

Keep 50+ util jewellery to sell on housing, when you can afford a house.

Jump on every epic dungeon raid when you can & legion, dragon, for feathers and feather merchant credit.

Level up 2-3 alts to level 50.

- pbaoe for group farm
- healer / support for group farm
- DS meta DPS char, I.e Svg/Zerk for mid, eld/chanter for hib. This will be the first char you want to temp. Cheap to cap stats in temp and easy to fill a dps slot in a DS run, be worth joining RvR bg’s to get high MoP/WP first, always helps in DS. DS is the best way to earn feathers and high util RoG drops.

Do the epic quests for each of your character and salvage & trinket the armour for decent plat.

Buy a house to sell stuff you don’t want. 300g for a lot, 3p for house, porch and merchant iirc.

Stealther templates aren’t cheap, to cap all you need 75+ util jewellery, MP armour also, and a lot of weapons for swapping, but it is doable even for a casual player.

Don’t be afraid to ask the same questions in /advice until you get the answer you’re looking for. That’s what it’s there for.

Things to speed up xping;

- Level 10,20,30 player crafted pots and potions for power/end regen and buffs.
- Tinders, drop in all frontier zones.
- xping in frontiers
- guild with xp buff
- killing mobs that currently have 200% xp bonus

Sat 11 Jul 2020 8:15 AM by grerock
Thanks for your replies.

I made a BD on Mid who is around level 15 now. Leveling in the fz totally makes sense due to the second type of exp item which drops there.

I‘m a bit confused about the task tokens. I transfered one to my level 1 SB and turned it in which gave about 2 bubbles of exp. Do I do something wrong here?
Sat 11 Jul 2020 4:39 PM by Kwall0311
grerock wrote:
Sat 11 Jul 2020 8:15 AM
Thanks for your replies.

I made a BD on Mid who is around level 15 now. Leveling in the fz totally makes sense due to the second type of exp item which drops there.

I‘m a bit confused about the task tokens. I transfered one to my level 1 SB and turned it in which gave about 2 bubbles of exp. Do I do something wrong here?

The task tokens are just a small addition to the many leveling options. You wont get much for them alone. Turn in maybe 10-15 per day on a toon as a small boost
Fri 21 Aug 2020 8:45 PM by grerock
Hey guys,

thanks for all the advice.

In the end I picked Hib and leveled myself a 50 ani and a (almost) 50 ranger.

The next step will be to get my ranger temped for RvR. Regarding this, I have further questions. I would be thankful if you could answer them.

- In trade I sometimes read about feathers and encounters you can buy with it. What about those feathers? Are these like scales on live with which you can buy items dropped by cetrain mobs?
- I also read that it is possible to exchange a stat(s?) of jewelry with SC. How exactly does this work and what can be achived?
- What ROG jewelry utility should I aim for? I'm farming the plat with my Ani and want to get into RvR as soon as possible, so I'm not aiming for a 100 plat template
- Are there must have items which should be in any stealther (especially ranger) template?
- How do you usually build a template? Get feather items/ROG jewelry first and fill up with SCed armor pices?
- Any other tips you can give me regarding temping a ranger?

Best regards,
Grerock
Sun 23 Aug 2020 7:20 AM by grerock
Another question: is it possible for creep ani to solo farm feathers? Or are they raid only drops?
Mon 31 Aug 2020 9:36 PM by Forlornhope
grerock wrote:
Sun 23 Aug 2020 7:20 AM
Another question: is it possible for creep ani to solo farm feathers? Or are they raid only drops?

You can solo farm feathers in DF off shredders
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics