best farm duos for each realm

Started 25 May 2020
by jwei
in PvE
DAoC-Vets new on Phoenix are looking for a farm duo. What is the best combination on each realm and why?
Mon 25 May 2020 3:38 PM by gotwqqd
Animist/Druid

Necro/necro

Skald/shaman
Mon 25 May 2020 6:15 PM by dbeattie71
Hib
Ani/whatever

Mid
Thane/SM

Alb
Dunno
Tue 26 May 2020 10:53 AM by MeatBicycle
Alb
I really like pala/reaver duo because they are so tanky and have nice dmg with the positionalstyles of the reaver. easy to farm purple without downtime. In addition, if you are farming in df, they are quite hard to kill as a stealther.
Necro/Cleric

Hib
Ani/Druid

Mid
Skald/Shaman for aoe dot pulls
BD/Shaman for purple mobs (high utility rogs)
Tue 26 May 2020 12:55 PM by Blitze
Duos to Farm in Alb would be

Cabba/EarthWiz
Cabba/Cleric
Necro/Cleric

I dont really enjoy the AoE farm playstyle and prefer melee...
Luckily Alb has a list of very capable melee duos for farming.

Friar/Paladin
Friar/Merc
Friar/Reaver
Friar/Arms
Friar/Scout
Paladin/Reaver
Paladin/Merc
Paladin/Arms
Mon 8 Jun 2020 10:50 PM by char
Is ani+druid better than ani+bard? I would have assumed mana regen + base buffs > spec buffs. If you're duoing, the ani is probably creep spec, and spamming FnF turrets will eat mana.
Mon 8 Jun 2020 11:50 PM by gotwqqd
Druid
You want all the spec buffs
Mon 8 Jun 2020 11:59 PM by char
Cool - would love to understand that better. Does the acuity buff on the animist bump shroom damage significantly? Spec buffs on the shroom make it tank better?

It seems like it has to be a throughput argument. Optimal gold/hr == kill mobs faster == more shrooms and/or shrooms hit harder. Even with serenity 4/MCL2, I can run OOM spamming FnFs.
Tue 9 Jun 2020 7:23 AM by Sepplord
afaik you would take the bomb-shroom and with speccbuffs it can take considerably more hits and survive MUCH better
Mon 15 Jun 2020 1:51 PM by pollojack
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 9 Jun 2020 7:23 AM
afaik you would take the bomb-shroom and with speccbuffs it can take considerably more hits and survive MUCH better

All ani pets are equally tanky with buffs, assuming they are of same level. The pbae dm/taunt is why people end up with the taunting pet.
Wed 17 Jun 2020 10:06 AM by Sepplord
pollojack wrote:
Mon 15 Jun 2020 1:51 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 9 Jun 2020 7:23 AM

All ani pets are equally tanky with buffs, assuming they are of same level. The pbae dm/taunt is why people end up with the taunting pet.

I repkied to the question if speccbuffs make the pet cobsiderably more tanky...

The other information is added for convenience
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:45 PM by kratoxin
as far as animist goes, go for creeping cap shrooms out without mass use of power, and throw in a druid for more metal drops done!

alb would be cabby w/ cleric, or necro puller

mid would be well... mid so imo only good farm spot there i would prolly go with hunter/shaman idk LOL

listed above is my take on best farming spots, and comp *note* didn't say the farm spots
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:54 PM by gotwqqd
kratoxin wrote:
Tue 28 Jul 2020 12:45 PM
as far as animist goes, go for creeping cap shrooms out without mass use of power, and throw in a druid for more metal drops done!

alb would be cabby w/ cleric, or necro puller

mid would be well... mid so imo only good farm spot there i would prolly go with hunter/shaman idk LOL

listed above is my take on best farming spots, and comp *note* didn't say the farm spots

I think a sham/rm would be good
The rm speed will help sham kite and then the rm can toss in aoe damage to help if want
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics