Sb race

Started 18 Mar 2021
by Dakkhon
in Midgard
What race did you choose and for what reason?
Sat 20 Mar 2021 3:43 AM by Rendit
Valkyn.. resists and with +15 qui you just need aug qui 4 to cap quickness
Sat 20 Mar 2021 4:24 AM by shintacki
A lot of people go valk for the reasons above. I went Norse cause I dont like how valkyns run. Simple as that really
Sat 20 Mar 2021 4:25 AM by gotwqqd
Norse
10/10/10 str/dex/quick
Sat 20 Mar 2021 7:38 AM by Freedomcall
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 20 Mar 2021 4:25 AM
Norse
10/10/10 str/dex/quick

You never waste points on dex
Sat 20 Mar 2021 8:30 AM by Noashakra
sb has a better HP table than other sins, his weapons are 100% str, so 10str/10con/10qui
don't waste points in dex.
Sun 21 Mar 2021 9:06 AM by inoeth
I went for norse 15 quick 10 str but goping to respec to kobold because of smaller toon, its harder to pick from afar in case of add
Mon 22 Mar 2021 7:32 AM by Dunga
i start as a Valk and was not realy happy. respec to norse... was better but I wasn't happy with the whole thing. respec again, this time kobold and it feels so much better from now on.
Mon 22 Mar 2021 5:02 PM by protege
iirc I went Norse — 15 qui 10 con
Sat 24 Apr 2021 1:52 PM by Yokahu
Regardless of race, you’ll want +15 in qui to reach swing speed easier. A Valkyn will get to it way cheaper and faster than a Norse but at the cost of a good chunk of strength and a substantial amount of constitution.

For me, it all comes down to those two races for SB. I need to make a comparison to see how many realm skill points it takes for both classes to have comparable stats (swing speed, dps and HP) using 4.2/2.4 spd weapons.

Note: didn’t add Kobold to the discussion because that race doesn’t give me any advantage over the other two (remember that evade caps at 500 dex+qui, easily obtainable with the other two).
Sat 24 Apr 2021 4:51 PM by Yokahu
Did some calculations... long story short, all three races are pretty much equivalent at higher RRs (around RR6) in terms of HP, WeapDmg, and Swing Speed (using a 4.2/2.4spd weapons. Note: both Valkyn and Kobold hits Evade cap without adding Realm Skill Points into anything.

A Norse would need to invest 47 Realm Skill Points to get to the Evade and Swing Speed cap.
AQ: 7, MoA: 8
A Valkyn would need to invest 45 Realm Skill Points to get to the Swing Speed cap, and have the same WeapDmg and HP as a Norse.
AQ: 3, MoA: 8, Toughness: 4, AugStr: 4
A Kobold would need to invest 48Realm Skill Points to get the the Swing Speed cap, and have the same WeapDmg and HP as a Norse.
AQ: 4, MoA: 8, Toughness: 3, AugStr: 5

So after looking at these numbers, I guess it doesn't matter which race you go with. BTW, I assumed +15 Qui and +10 Strength on all races for these calculations.

But, since you might want to prioritize Viper as the first RA to get, the real difference is that the Norse will hit harder at lower Realm Ranks, but the Valkyn will hit faster and have much lower HP. So it's a matter of preference I guess. Good balance over all, although I still think a Kobold doesn't give you any edge over the other races (just a bit more evade change than a Norse at lower RRs).
Sat 24 Apr 2021 5:08 PM by Kwall0311
Yokahu wrote:
Sat 24 Apr 2021 4:51 PM
So after looking at these numbers, I guess it doesn't matter which race you go with. BTW, I assumed +15 Qui and +10 Strength on all races for these calculations.

Valkyn has better racial resists for sneak fights at 3% slash 2% thrust , if were talking about extreme min max.

VS Norse at 2% Crush 3% slash, or Kobold at 5% crush
Sat 24 Apr 2021 7:22 PM by boridi
Kwall0311 wrote:
Sat 24 Apr 2021 5:08 PM
Yokahu wrote:
Sat 24 Apr 2021 4:51 PM

Valkyn has better racial resists for sneak fights at 3% slash 2% thrust , if were talking about extreme min max.

VS Norse at 2% Crush 3% slash, or Kobold at 5% crush
Also, valkyn has 5% body and 5% cold. Norse is 5% cold only.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 5:37 PM by Dunga
...and i still prefer kobold the size is also a point that is always forgotten, and I could not live with the crippled dog or run around like a conehead
its all close but statwise valk is the best bc of the nice resists.

for valk/kob i would go 10 str/con/quick, norse 10str 15quick.
the +75/100 hp are nothing, theoretical one more evade in a fight gives u more... but ofc its better to have than to need.
for valk/kob i would go quick4/5 to reach 250quick and max moa5, if u realy want to spend 14more ra points to hit 0,07sec faster its up to u...
viper is hmmm..... if it gets resistet or purged u spend 30 points for nothing or for two dot ticks. u have to be rr5l5+ (purge2+, vanish,viper) and have no aug,moa.... personal i wouldnt think about viper befor rr8. if u played with triple dot and have viper and all 3 ticks early in the fight its realy strong. but again, u gimp ur swingspeed if u chose it early.

my advice: take the race u like the most from the look and feeling if u run around. at the end they are all so close together that it really doesn't make a huge difference and all can do well.

edit: never read/hear/see something about evadecap with 500 dex/q. evadecap is 50% and u will never reach it here (without dodger) in lvl50rvr.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 6:21 PM by Tashkent
Dunga wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 5:37 PM
edit: never read/hear/see something about evadecap with 500 dex/q. evadecap is 50% and u will never reach it here (without dodger) in lvl50rvr.
Not the evade rate is capped, stat contribution to evade rate is capped with 500 combined dex/qui.

P.s. valk ftw!
Tue 27 Apr 2021 6:43 PM by Dunga
Tashkent wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 6:21 PM
Dunga wrote:
Not the evade rate is capped, stat contribution to evade rate is capped with 500 combined dex/qui.

P.s. valk ftw!

i also never heard about that.
Wed 28 Apr 2021 8:33 AM by inoeth
Dunga wrote:
...and i still prefer kobold the size is also a point that is always forgotten, and I could not live with the crippled dog or run around like a conehead

the +75/100 hp are nothing, theoretical one more evade in a fight gives u more... but ofc its better to have than to need.
for valk/kob i would go quick4/5 to reach 250quick and max moa5, if u realy want to spend 14more ra points to hit 0,07sec faster its up to u...
viper is hmmm..... if it gets resistet or purged u spend 30 points for nothing or for two dot ticks. u have to be rr5l5+ (purge2+, vanish,viper) and have no aug,moa.... personal i wouldnt think about viper befor rr8. if u played with triple dot and have viper and all 3 ticks early in the fight its realy strong. but again, u gimp ur swingspeed if u chose it early.

my advice: take the race u like the most from the look and feeling if u run around. at the end they are all so close together that it really doesn't make a huge difference and all can do well.

i had soo many fights where i died first and then triple dot killed my target and i really feel that viper is helping alot. im looking at 1.76s swing speed with rr7 now so its not too bad
Wed 28 Apr 2021 11:54 AM by Dunga
inoeth wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 8:33 AM
Dunga wrote:

i had soo many fights where i died first and then triple dot killed my target and i really feel that viper is helping alot. im looking at 1.76s swing speed with rr7 now so its not too bad

its a strong, good ra! and ur swingspeed looks good for me too. i think u have "only" purge2 and or no vanish to reach that with rr7. if u take viper with rr5l5 the swingspeed is around 2 maybe 1,9s and this is to slow for me. that was the only thing i wanted to say. I would like to have viper right now, but somehow it doesn't feel right with the swingspeed before rr7 (down to purge2 or ~ rr8 with purge3)
Wed 28 Apr 2021 1:01 PM by inoeth
i dont use vanish and i dont miss it, imo its a waste of ra points and i have purge3 which is also enough for me
Thu 29 Apr 2021 3:54 AM by Yokahu
inoeth wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 8:33 AM
Dunga wrote:

Which 3 dots are you talking about? Envenom, weap proc and a charge? I don’t think Viper affects the charge or the weap proc, just the envenom tick.
Thu 29 Apr 2021 6:35 AM by Dunga
lifebane, dragonmight, craftet LA with dot. Viper only effect lifebane
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics